of surprises and progress

losing and finding

‘’oh my god, you have to try this roll’’ the brunette exclaims with full of food and lifts her chopsticks to Taeyeon’s mouth, who leans in until the piece of food is safely inside

‘’this is so good’’ The other girl watches her with a smile on her face as the shorter girl closes her eyes, surely enjoying the party her taste buds are having

‘’I’ve been wanting to come here for some time now so I’m glad we did’’

‘’I’m glad too’’ the blonde smiles widely. They did in fact go on to have their promised lunch, but it wasn’t the day they had arranged, but a whole 8 days later, on a quiet Saturday, and it wasn’t lunch anymore, it ended up being dinner at 7pm on one of the hottest new sushi places in the city.

 Over the course of those 8 days, Tiffany has stayed at her office working until late 4 times, and out of those 4 times, Taeyeon helped her out by babysitting twice, the other two receiving help from her friends Sooyoung and Yoona. In those 2 occasions, Taeyeon grew even closer to the little rascals, they can walk a little steadier now, having little races to see who can reach Taeyeon’s arms faster, and said girl doesn’t waste any time and records it to later show it to their mom. But the pictures and videos don’t stop there, she does it when they’re sleeping like little angels, when they’re playing with the bubbles in the tub, when they’re eating and their faces are a mess. Soon, Taeyeon’s phone is full of pictures of the twins, and that was from 2 days. She showed each and every one of those 58 pictures to Tiffany, the girl smiling the whole time.

Thinking about the kids makes Taeyeon wonder about their whereabouts, since it is after all, the weekend.

‘’and where are the twins today? Your dads?’’

‘’they’re with Jessie, actually’’ the blonde’s head tilts and she makes a thinking face, Tiffany finds the action a little funny ‘’why that expression?’’

The blonde, who forgot the other girl had eyes and could see every one of her movements, blushed from the embarrassment, but explained herself nonetheless

‘’no offence to your friend or anything, but she doesn’t seem exactly the kid type’’

Tiffany laughs and claps, and Taeyeon takes it as a good sign that she didn’t get mad about her comment, after a few seconds she calms down ‘’that’s what everyone says. I guess she does give off that vibe, but she’s surprisingly good with them, she loves them so much, and they love their aunt Jessie. She fills them with gifts and whatnot, they all do, my friends’’

‘’you sure are lucky to have friends like that who support you’’

‘’I am, you are one of them you know’’ the brunette winks

‘’I am? Wow thank you, I’m glad you consider me a friend, because I consider you a friend, and it’s nice this is mutual’’ she kind of rambles and then smiles shyly at the brunette

‘’it is’’

 

The rest of the dinner goes by smoothly, they are more comfortable with each other and it shows. They banter a bit and are overall playful with each other, but of course, they know where the limits are. Their relationship can still grow.

‘’oh my god, I’m so full. I feel embarrassed you had to witness me eating that much’’

‘’are you kidding?’’ the blonde laughs ‘’it was one of the best things I’ve seen, you just look so happy when you eat’’

Suddenly, Tiffany’s phone buzzes and she picks it up, smiling faintly and quickly typing a reply

‘’it’s Jessie, she wants some sushi’’ she raises her hand to call for the waiter

‘’yes, ms?’’ he politely asks

‘’can I see the menu again?’’

‘’of course, ms’’ he says as he hands her the menu

‘’can I get one of these rolls to go, please?’’

‘’sure thing, I’ll be right back with it’’ but before he can excuse himself Taeyeon speaks up ‘’wait, can I get one of those to go too, please?’’

‘’of course, separately?’’

‘’yeah, thank you’’

He bows lightly and walks away

‘’late night snack?’’ Tiffany raises her eyebrow

‘’it’s for Yuri, she loves sushi’’ the other girl nods in understanding

A moment later the waiter comes back with their orders and Taeyeon asks for the bill

Once it’s paid, they walk off the restaurant to wait for each other’s vehicles

‘’I had a great time, Tae’’

The blonde’s ears pick up that last word and asks ‘’Tae?’’

Tiffany panics for a second ‘’I’m sorry, is it okay if I call you that?’’

‘’of course, it sounds cute coming from you’’ she smiles teasingly and the brunette smiles shyly, looking at the ground for a moment and tucks a few strands of hair behind her ear, much like a teenage girl on a date ‘’I had a great time too, I hope we can do this again soon’’

‘’I do too’’

Their cars arrive and they say goodbye with a kiss on the cheek.

 

 

At 10pm Taeyeon makes herself a cup of cocoa, deciding to spend the rest of her night watching something on TV, but turns out there’s a game on and most channels interrupted their programming to broadcast it, and the movie channels aren’t any better either. She opens a book to try and read but can’t concentrate, a certain girl keeps popping up in her head. She shakes her head, trying to clear her mind, but it doesn’t quite work.

She decides she needs a bigger distraction, and she gets an idea. She quickly puts on some jeans, a t-shirt, a jacket and sneakers, grabs the sushi she put on the fridge and grabs her keys and is ready to go out. So, she drives in direction of the very familiar place.

She tried calling beforehand, but the other person was not picking up. She kept on driving until she reached her destination.

Upon arriving, she rang the bell once, no answer, twice, still no answer. This was her third and final ring, if still no one answered, she’d go home. She was about to ring for the third time when the door opened, and her eyes almost went out her skull at the sight.

She couldn’t freaking believe the person in front of her. She rubbed her eyes a couple of times and opened them as much as she could.

In the doorframe stood Jessica, clad in nothing but one of Yuri’s shirts, hair a mess, lipstick a bit smudged. And frozen.

‘’Sica? Who is it at the door?’’ the blonde heard her friend’s voice coming nearer and that seemed to do the trick for both of them, who got out of their trance, but still couldn’t mutter a single word.

‘’Taengoo’’ Yuri whispered, her eyes widening. They all remained silent for a moment. None knowing what exactly to say.

Taeyeon was searching for something to say, but the only thing she could come up with was ‘’I-I brought sushi’’ she lifted her stiff arms and handed the plastic container to her friend. The tanned girl accepting it albeit a bit hesitant

‘’Thanks, I guess’’

They were still standing in the doorway when Jessica finally spoke ‘’I think we should probably go inside, before one of your neighbors sees me like this’’

She suddenly remembers the other girl’s lack of clothing and ushers her tiny friend inside. They sit in the living room, no one saying a thing for a while

‘’So… how long has this been going on?’’ the blonde gestures between Yuri and Jessica, who are sitting closely together in one couch

‘’I-um, I mean, w-we’ve- you know, I mean, I guess what I’m trying to say…’’ Taeyeon swears she can count with the fingers of one hand the times she’s seen Yuri such a stuttering mess in the years they have of knowing each other

‘’what Yuri here means is, not long, we exchanged numbers at the club that night and have been texting and meeting each other ever since’’ Jessica says calmly

Taeyeon nods slowly ‘’I see’’ she says slowly ‘’well, you’re both adults who know what you’re doing. You’re free to be with whomever you choose’’

‘’are you mad, T?’’

‘’of course not’’ the blonde is quick to assure her friend ‘’I was just surprised, that’s all’’

‘’well, I better get going, I don’t want to disturb your night any further’’

‘’it’s okay, Taeng. We’ll talk later, alright?’’

‘’oh, absolutely’’ you’re going to tell me all about this she whispers so only Yuri can hear

‘’wait, Taeyeon’’ Jessica hurries before the blonde can get out the door ‘’please don’t mention any of this to Tiffany, I still haven’t told her anything’’

‘’don’t worry, my lips are sealed’’

‘’thanks’’

‘’okay, keep enjoying yourselves’’

And with that she makes her way out of her friend’s apartment and drives back home, her head filled with thoughts of the events she just witnessed.

 

 

‘’So…’’ the dark haired girl begins, tapping her fingers on her knees

‘’come on Yul, you don’t have to be nervous’’

She sighs with her eyes closes and a second later opens them ‘’ I don’t know why I’m so nervous either. Maybe it’s because I actually like her’’

‘’I figured as much’’

‘’I don’t want to screw this up, Taeng’’ Yuri says dropping her gaze

Taeyeon smiles, she hasn’t seen her friend so interested about someone in a long, long time. It’s really cute and definitely something to about later

‘’hey, when you like someone, you’re bound to screw up sometime. But if you really like each other, you’ll work it out. This is a mutual feeling, right?’’ the blonde asks, she knows that as much as Yuri likes Jessica, if said girl doesn’t like her back, this is doomed

‘’Yes, we already cleared that point between us. She was afraid it was just a one-night-stand’’

‘’so you’re dating for real?’’

‘’I guess’’

‘’you guess?’’ the blonde raises an eyebrow

‘’we are, we are. We have a date on Friday, actually’’

‘’oh look at you, going out on dates and all that’’ the shorty teases her friend, who is not amused

‘’yah!’’

‘’I’m sorry, Yul. This is just too funny and rare to pass’’

‘’you find my insecurities funny?’’

‘’of course not, I find funny the fact that I haven’t seen you be this cautious with a relationship in ages’’

‘’I just want this to work out’’

‘’I’m sure it will’’ the blonde stands up and goes to give her friend a hug ‘’ I’m happy for you, I really am’’

‘’thanks, man. I love you’’

‘’I love you too, Yul’’

The pair continue their embrace for several minutes, enjoying the feeling of being so comfortable in their friend’s arms and oblivious to their respective assistants looking through the slight ajar door and smiling adorably at the scene. Yup, their bosses are surely something else.

 

 

3 months later

 

‘’knock knock’’ Taeyeon hears and looks up, a smile immediately forming at her lips as she sees the person calling for her attention

‘’I hope we’re not interrupting anything’’ the brunette says from the doorway, the door not fully open

‘’Of course not-‘’ she catches that ‘we’ and is about to ask but a second later the door opens completely and two little humans come running inside her office and towards her, giggling. She bends down and opens her arms, ready to receive the two little balls of sunshine

As they land in her arms, she hugs them tightly and swings them around ‘’I missed you guys’’ she exclaims, putting them down on the carpet

‘’they’ve missed you too, the minute they saw the building entrance they went all crazy’’

Taeyeon walks to the other woman who’s still standing near the door and kisses her cheek slightly. Their relationship has done nothing but grow these past few months. They’ve reached a place in which they text each other every day, constantly go out together, sometimes even bringing the kids with them. They truly enjoy each other’s presence. And of course, none of this has escaped their friends, who use every chance they get to tease them about it. But it doesn’t stop with their friends, every time they go out, they take pictures and upload it to their instagrams, and naturally, their siblings see it, and they’ve had to beg them not to show or mention the pictures to their parents who might think something that is definitely not.

It didn’t take long for their friend groups to merge, with Yuri and Jessica dating, they began to hang out more, and Taeyeon can’t say she’s not happy that Tiffany likes her friends and that they like her back.

‘’you want anything to drink?’’ the blonde asks as they sit down

‘’no, I’m good. I was just dropping off some things to Yuri and we decided to visit you for a moment’’ the designer asked to take a week from the project to settle some things in her office, and since she has most floors ready, only missing the ‘fossils’ floor and their own, they had no problem with her request

‘’thank you, it’s always nice to see them’’ she smiles in appreciation

‘’only them?’’ the brunette asks playfully but Taeyeon answers as honest as she can ‘’I’m always happy to see you too, even if it’s 20 times a day, seeing you always brings a smile to my face’’

Tiffany is left blushing like mad. She did it again. For the past month, as Taeyeon and her have become even closer, they’ve begun to have this kind of moments. When one of them says something like this and the other just doesn’t know how to react.

Truth is, both of them have come to realize their feelings for one another, feelings that go beyond friendship, but each have their own reasons and insecurities not to do anything about it. But what they also know is that this situation, for lack of a better word, is not going have a resolution unless they do something. Someone has to do something, right?

‘’your presence always makes me smile, too’’ she says shyly as she plays with the bracelet in her hand

After that they remain in silence, just watching the twins playing away on Taeyeon’s carpet until Tiffany’s phone rings

‘’Hello?’’

‘’Oh, right, sorry, I forgot, I’ll be there in a few minutes, yes, bye. Love you too’’

She hangs up and looks at Taeyeon apologetically

‘’I have to go, my dad is waiting for me so we take the kids for their montly check up before i drop them off on Saturday, and i was supposed to pick him up half an hour ago''

‘’oh, don’t worry, I understand. Hey, maybe we can do something for the weekend, if you’re free of course’’

‘’yeah, that sounds great, how about a movie marathon at your place?’’

‘’sounds like a plan’’

‘’see you then’’ she leans in and places a kiss on the blonde’s soft cheek before grabbing the twins by the hand ‘’say good bye you guys’’

Taeyeon bends again and both Irene and Kai place a kiss on her cheek ‘’I’ll miss you guys, have fun with your grandpa’’ the three of them wave goodbye and exit her office, leaving Taeyeon with a huge smile on her face.

 

 

Taeyeon enters Yuri’s office with two bags of take out, Yuri is working on her computer but stops whatever she’s doing to have lunch with her friend

‘’Tiffany came over to my office today, with the twins’’ the tall girl says as she takes a bite of her hamburger

‘’I know, they stopped by my office for a moment. She says her dad wants them for the weekend’’

‘’oh, good. she works really hard, and with the twins I’m sure it’s double the work, so I’m glad she has some time to relax’’

‘’yeah, she’s coming over to my place to have a movie marathon’’ the blonde smiles, full of her cheeseburger

‘’is it date night for you too?’’ her friend teases

‘’you know very well we’re just friends’’

‘’but you want more’’

The blonde puts down her hamburger, she knows she shouldn’t have confessed to her friend her feelings for Tiffany when she was sure of them

She sighs ‘’I do, but I don’t know if she’ll accept me’’ all of her friends have asked her at least once, each, if she’s really sure about the whole Tiffany thing, mostly because they’ve grown closer to the girl and the twins, and they know Tiffany would only consider someone if that someone was serious about her and her kids

‘’if you never make a move you’ll never know buddy’’

‘’I know, I know’’

‘’it doesn’t seem like you do, it’s been a while, and you’ve had many opportunities, but you’ve wasted them’’

Taeyeon groans ‘’I just back out, I’m not a smooth talker, or suave like you. I get nervous every time I see her, every time she’s close to me’’

‘’but what else does she make you feel, Taeyeon?’’ her friend raises her tone, and Taeyeon just knows this conversation is about to turn serious because Yuri only calls her Taeyeon when she’s serious

The blonde starts to raise her voice as well ‘’she makes me forget about everything, every time I can smell her perfume, every time she kisses my cheek, that out hands touch, every time I get to see that perfect smile, my stomach does flips, and my heart feels so freaking warm every time I’m the cause of that smile, I just..’’

Yuri smiles, this reminds her of the time Taeyeon confessed about liking Tiffany.

‘’then tell her that’’ she simply says

Taeyeon sets her jaw and nods ‘’You’re right, it’s time’’.


tada!!!! first i want to thank you all my 201 subscriptors, you guys are truly the best, this story wouldn't be anything without your support! second, i wanted to post this chapter today, as a thank you for reaching the 200+ subs mark, so sorry if it's a bit short.

 

next chapter things begin to get more interesting!!! so watch out for the next one, also sorry if the time jump comes out of nowhere lol

 

i hope you enjoyed this chapter:) please leave a comment on what you thought about it:) 

i'll see you next time!

 

~~~summerstormz