a different beginning

losing and finding

Tiffany wakes up that day earlier than usual, the nerves and the excitement were too much and she just can’t keep sleeping. She looks over to the other side of the bed and sees Taeyeon’s , she smiles at the memory of what they did last night, and especially the blonde’s words before starting.

‘’Can you believe this is the last time we make love as girlfriends? Next time, we’re going to be wives’’

The grin on Taeyeon’s face was so big that it drew one from Tiffany as well.

‘’Hey, couldn’t sleep either?’’ the blonde asks softly, Tiffany was so lost in thought that she didn’t notice her fiancée waking up.

‘’No’’ she simply answers and moves closer to let herself be wrapped in her soon-to-be wife’s arms.

They both sigh in contentment at the contact, ‘’you nervous?’’ Taeyeon asks as she places her chin on the other woman’s head.

‘’Very’’ Tiffany admits and she hears a chuckle come from the blonde.

‘’Me too, but it’s normal, I guess’’

‘’Yeah, it would be weird if we weren’t nervous or anxious. But besides all that, I’m also pretty excited’’ the brunette moves her head to look up at the blonde and caresses her cheek.

‘’I can’t wait to for you to be my wife, Fany’’ Taeyeon’s voice is almost a whisper, as if speaking more to herself than to Tiffany.

‘’And I can’t wait to be Mrs. Kim’’ the taller woman kisses the blonde’s nose and then pecks her lips, ‘’I love you so much, Taetae’’

‘’I love you too, my Fany’’

Tiffany snuggles closer to her and after a few more moments of being embraced closely, the couple slowly falls asleep again.

 

Half an hour later, they hear banging on their bedroom door and spring up from the bed, Taeyeon opens up and sees Jessica accompanied by an apologetic-looking Yuri beside her. Tiffany appears by her side a few seconds later.

‘’Hey, what are you two doing still sleeping? Tiffany, your team is coming to get you ready in about 20 minutes, and Taeyeon, Yuri will drive you to our place so you can get everything done there’’ Jessica speaks quickly and the pair barely able to catch her words.

‘’Wait, what about Kai and Irene?’’ Taeyeon asks, thinking about how they can’t just leave their two little ones unattended.

‘’Oh, don’t worry, your parents and uncle Charles have volunteered to take care of them, they’re supposed to arrive in half an hour’’ the woman assured them and they smiled in appreciation.

 

The couple quickly gets dressed in more decent clothing and with a peck on the lips, say goodbye to each other for the time being.

 

 

 

Tiffany’s team arrives punctually. It consists of Yoona, Sunny, Hayeon, Michelle, Seohyun, Nicole, Sunjung and Jessica, who were there mostly for moral support, as well as hairdresser and a makeup artist.

Tiffany forgets about all the wedding-related stress while she’s being massaged skillfully, an idea that occurred to Yoona so she could relax and not be all tensed up for the ceremony.

She lets herself be taken care of, she gets her fingernails and toenails done, she gets a facemask and a skin treatment.

‘’How are you feeling so far, Tiff?’’ her sister-in-law, Hayeon, asks. Tiffany always smiles at the sight of the girl, because she looks exactly like a younger Taeyeon, it’s adorable.

‘’Right now, in heaven. I can’t wait to see what Taetae’s gonna wear’’ she squeals with excitement.

Taeyeon and her had kept the subject of their wedding attires a secret from each other, wanting it to be a complete surprise. She couldn’t wait to see Taeyeon’s reaction when she walked down the aisle with her wedding dress.

‘’Aren’t you nervous, unnie?’’ Seohyun asks her, her brows furrowed

‘’Honestly, in the morning I was. But right now, I just think about the fact that it’s Taeyeon who I’m marrying and all negative feelings instantly disappear’’ the brunette adds with a blissful look on her face.

Tiffany hears her sister laugh softly and she turns her head to see her, ‘’what’s so funny?’’

‘’That stupid in love face you have whenever you think about Taeyeon. Whenever we’re together and she’s brought up, you make that face’’

Everyone present laughs at Tiffany’s blushing face.

‘’It’s true, she does that at the office too. Sometimes I’ll bring her some documents and she’ll be there just sitting in her chair staring at the picture she has of Taeyeon on her desk with that same look on her face’’ Sunjung reveals before erupting into laughter.

‘’Sunjung, not you too!’’ Tiffany crosses her arms over her chest and pouts at the betrayal of the one person she thought wouldn’t do this to her.

After the laughter has died down a bit, Jessica speaks up, ‘’don’t worry Steph, Taeyeon is exactly like that too’’

‘’No, she’s much worse’’ Sunny says and Hayeon nods frantically.

‘’I remember that around the time when we first met you, she, Jiwoong oppa and I were having lunch and we asked about you. At the mention of your name she got this grin on her face and got so lost in her thoughts that she missed and dropped her glass of wine on her clothes’’

Tiffany laughs while clapping like a seal at the story, she remembers that day exactly. Taeyeon had come to pick her up for a date with her blouse ruined so Tiffany had to lend her one of hers.

The group continues to share stories about the lovebirds while the bride-to-be gets her hair and makeup done.

 

 

Over at Yuri and Jessica’s apartment, Taeyeon was getting some things done to her hair, a surprise she was preparing for Tiffany, which she could only hope the brunette would like.

She actually didn’t need that much time to prepare, her hair and makeup would be done in a simple way, her suit and shoes were ready to be put on. But she couldn’t be around the house and risk seeing Tiffany in her wedding dress before the ceremony.

Sooyoung, Yuri, Hyoyeon, Hani, Leo and her brother Jiwoong were accompanying her in the meantime, and distracting her so there was no room in her mind for anxiety or anything of the sort. When Taeyeon was alone before facing a nerve-wrecking situation, she tended to think too much and end up with weird or somber thoughts on her mind.

The ceremony was 4 hours away, but for Taeyeon, minutes went by like hours, and the time seemed so far away. She wanted to take a nap to pass the time, but her hair would be ruined, and she didn’t want that. So she opted for playing a few rounds of some videogame that was already in the console with Yuri, Hani and Jiwoong. While the other two girls were nose-deep in their phones.

The blonde hears a chuckle coming from Sooyoung and she asks, ‘’what’s so funny?’’ the round ends and she puts her controller down to focus on Sooyoung.

‘’Sunny sent me a picture of your house, things seem to be super busy over there, and meanwhile in here, we’re just chilling and playing videogames’’

‘’I figured, Tiffany needs much more details than me’’

‘’Why didn’t Sunny send it to the group chat?’’ Yuri teases, ‘’or does she only want to talk to you?’’ the tall brunette smirks and Sooyoung blushes.

‘’What’s going on with you and Sunny?’’ Jiwoong ask suddenly, interest peaked since he didn’t know the tall girl had an interest in the shorty.

‘’Nothing’s going on, we’ve just gotten close, that’s it. No ulterior motive whatsoever’’

‘’I hope so’’ Taeyeon tells her, ‘’but whatever you guys are getting into, it’s your business, you’re both adults who know what they’re doing’’ the blonde adds.

‘’Where was this attitude back at the kids’ party?’’ Yuri asks a little confused by the blonde’s change of thought.

‘’That time I really didn’t appreciate the ogling our dear Sooyoung was doing to Sunny’’

‘’Like you don’t do that to Tiffany!’’ Sooyoung scoffs at the blonde’s words.

‘’But you see, I can do that. Tiffany’s my fiancée’’ the petite woman crosses her arms and smirks at the taller girl.

‘’And what about the times you did it when you weren’t dating? Yeah, don’t think you were being sneaky’’ Hani, who had been quiet all this time, joins the conversation.

Taeyeon turns her head away from the amused looks on the faces of the people in the room, embarrassed because she was caught, because her brother-in-law was listening to it all and because she knows she doesn’t have a comeback for that.

‘’Don’t worry lil sis, it’s only natural to drool at the sight of the person you like’’ the blonde’s brother jokes.

‘’Hey! I did not-‘’

‘’Yes you did’’ everyone else adds before the shorty can deny it and it shuts her right up, leaving her with an adorable pout on her face.

 

 

After the jokes have died down, and some gaming is done, it’s time for Taeyeon to get ready and head for the place where she would unite her life with Tiffany’s before the eyes of their loved ones and under the eyes of the heavens.

 

 

The ride to the venue is the longest of Tiffany’s life, and it is only 15 minutes away from her house. The nerves and anxiety make a comeback and she cannot stop them. Jessica, who is riding the limo with her, notices and grabs her hand, giving it a gentle squeeze and then drawing circles on her palm and Tiffany is quite grateful to have her there.

5 minutes later, 50 in the brunette’s mind, they arrive to their destination. As soon as she steps foot outside of the vehicle, she encounters her father’s hand and that, along with the air coming from the dozens of trees and plants surrounding them, drives the rest of the negative feelings away.

‘’You look absolutely stunning, my love’’ Mr. Hwang tells her as he kisses her forehead carefully, as to not ruin her make up.

‘’Thank you daddy, you don’t look so bad yourself’’

‘’Jessie, you look lovely dear’’ He says smiling at her daughter’s close friend, ‘’you’re the last of the bridesmaids missing, so hurry up’’

‘’Oh, yes. I’ll see you both inside’’ she moves to walk away before she turns back to give a short hug to her friend, ‘’everything will go spectacularly. Don’t worry’’ and with that, she parts from her friend and her father and heads to where the ceremony will be held.

Tiffany’s father leads her to the entrance of the place and not far from her and she takes a deep breath before continuing.

 

Everyone is ready for the ceremony to start, only waiting for the other bride to make her appearance.

Taeyeon was standing at the altar with her best men, Jiwoong, Leo and Sunjung, by her side, each looking dapper with their form fitting black tuxedos.

‘’Taeyeon, would you please stop that, you’re ruining it’’ her mother scolds her.

As the minutes went by, and the time got closer for her union with Tiffany, Taeyeon’s nerves were getting the best of her, hence why she couldn’t stop tugging at her bowtie, effectively ruining the structure, making her mother mad while she fixed it.

‘’Sorry mom’’

Just as her mother finished putting the bowtie back together, the music started playing, which meant that the ceremony was about to start.

One by one, the eleven bridesmaids began walking down the aisle, wearing a long pink dress with flower crowns on their heads. Taeyeon thinks they look beautiful but surely Yuri, Hyoyeon and Sunny were dying on the inside. They take their place at the right side of the altar.

Then it was it. The moment she’s been waiting for.

She sees her daughter, the flower girl, looking beautiful in her little pink dress throwing petals along the aisle, the guests go ‘’aww’’ at the sight and a huge smile spreads on her face.

 And then she sees her.

The moment she sees her bride, her knees buckle a little and tears start streaming down her face.

Tiffany is absolutely the most beautiful woman she has ever seen. The white lace dress looks spectacular on her. The simple yet elegant hairstyle only brings up her beauty.

She thanks that her mascara is waterproof because the tears just won’t stop coming.

She still cannot believe she’s going to marry this amazing woman. The woman who gave back some meaning to her life. The one who made her open her heart to love and who made her feel like the luckiest person alive because she chose her. Her.

 

 

‘’Tiffany, it’s about to start, are you ready?’’ her father asks

‘’Yes’’ she simply replies, trying to get her emotions together.

She hooks her arm with her father’s and they begin walking towards the place of the ceremony. The first thing she notices is the decoration. Bora made a terrific job. The aisle is decorate with a pastel pink carpet and little pillars with white and pink flowers on top. The trees surrounding the area offer a great natural decoration. The chapel, pink of course, has pink flowers all around it. Everything is elegant, classy. Just magnificent.

But then, her eyes focus on someone.

Her someone.

Taeyeon is standing at the end, with a hand to her forehead, obviously crying. The sight makes a few of her own tears escape as well.

Taeyeon is looking just amazing in her custom-made suit. The jacket was white with a black collar and black lapels. A black bowtie and a white dress shirt. Black fitting trousers and black shoes.

And then something on Taeyeon’s appearance catches her eye. Her hair is no longer blonde. It’s jet black and straight. She knows any hair color would look good on her, but god, does black suit her perfectly.

As she walks the final steps to the altar, her father unhooks her arm and gives her a kiss on the forehead.

‘’Taeyeon, I trust my daughter in your hands. Take very good care of her and cherish her with your life’’

‘’I will, Sir’’ the woman sniffs but gives a firm nod in her father-in-law’s direction. The raven haired woman extends her hand for her bride to take.

‘’You look out of this world, Fany’’ Taeyeon exhales and a few more tears threaten to come out.

Tiffany blushes at the words and her eye smile graces her face.

‘’You look beautiful too, Taetae’’ the taller girl caresses her soon-to-be wife’s cheek with her thumb and cleans the remainder of her tears. Taeyeon takes her hand and gives it a kiss.

‘’Let’s get married now, shall we?’’ she says before they both turn in direction of the priest. They give him a sign that it was okay to start.

‘’Dearly beloved, we’re gathered here today to witness the union of two souls in love.’’

As the priest speaks, Tiffany takes a trip down memory lane, starting from the first time she met Taeyeon. How their unexpected meeting led them to where they were in that moment. All the times the then blonde showed her the true meaning of love. All those times in which she thank the world for having this magnificent person in her life. Taeyeon was much more than what people saw. She was caring, she was kind, she was sweet, she was cheesy, she was brave, hard-working, she sacrificed her life for those she loved. And above all that, she loved intensely. All those characteristic made Tiffany fall in love with her. They made her be there, standing next to the love of her life taking one step more into their life together.

Taeyeon, on the other hand, was contemplating what this step is going to bring along. She thinks what will happen down the road. How raising the twins together with Tiffany is going to be like, if they’re going to get more dogs, hell, if they’re going to get more kids. Of course, that last one is something that if they both desire, will have to wait. In the meantime, she still has to legally adopt the two little rascals.

She thinks about everything that they might live through, together.

Both their thoughts are interrupted by the priest’s words, ‘’Very well’’, the priest announces, ‘’let’s proceed to the vows. Ms. Kim, if you will’’ he motions with his hand for Taeyeon to speak.

Taeyeon takes a deep breath and takes Tiffany’s hands on her own.

‘’I, Taeyeon, take you Tiffany, to be my lawfully wedded wife. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish 'till death do us part. And hereto I pledge you my faithfulness’’ she closes her eyes for a second before continuing, ‘’thank you for showing me what true love really is and for your love which helps me grow every day and makes me a better person. I love you’’ Taeyeon finishes and she brings her hands to her face to wipe a few tears that have escaped her eyes.

‘’Ms. Hwang, now it’s your turn’’

Tiffany smiles widely and clears , ‘’I, Tiffany, take you Taeyon, to be my lawfully wedded wife. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish 'till death do us part. And hereto I pledge you my faithfulness’’

The brunette makes a pause before she continues speaking, ‘’ you brought back a certain light into my light, something that long ago I had given up all hope on. Thank you for choosing me to share your life with you, I love you, my love’’ the brunette ends her vows and lets out a few tears of her own. Taeyeon immediately hands her the handkerchief she kept on her jacket.

‘’Now that the vows have been exchanged, let’s move on to the exchange of the rings. Who has the rings?’’ he speaks loudly and an adorable looking Kai comes forward with the cushion that holds the rings in his tiny hands. Everyone, including the couple and priest, let out an ‘’aww’’ at the tiny boy in his tuxedo that resembles the rest of the best men.

He approaches the pair with a smile on his small face and offers the rings.

‘’Thank you baby boy’’ Taeyeon pats his head lovingly and his mother leans down to plant a kiss on it. The boy quickly moves to his place with his grandparents and sister who are sitting in one of the front rows.

The priest raises both of his hands in a motion to let them know they can proceed with the exchange of the bands.

Both, with shaky fingers and sniffing put the rings in each other’s fingers. A symbol of the promise to love and cherish one another for the rest of their lives.

They grab each other’s hands and await the priest’s next words.

 

‘’Now, Kim Taeyeon, do you take Stephanie Hwang to be your lawfully wedded wife?’’

Taeyeon firmly and loudly says, ‘’I do’’

‘’And you, Stephanie Hwang, do you take Kim Taeyeon to be your lawfully wedded wife?’’

Tiffany shows her stunning eye smile and enunciates, ‘’I do’’.

‘’If there is anyone who opposes the union of this couple, speak now or forever hold your peace’’

The raven haired woman knows no one is going to say or do anything, but that doesn’t stop her from frantically looking around the space.

‘’By the authority vested in me, I declare you now married. You may kiss each other’’

Everyone erupts into cheers as the couple share their first kiss as wives.

It is indeed a sweet and chaste kiss. But full of love.

And that marks the first step in the direction of their new life as a married couple.

 

 

 

 

The wedding reception looks just as amazing as the ceremony. The glass ceiling giving a certain atmosphere to the ballroom.

The newlyweds are chatting with their friends, and ever since the ceremony ended, they haven’t let go of each other’s hands.

‘’Friends,’’ the dj speaks, ‘’we invite you to be witnesses of the couple’s first dance as wives. Please, everyone let’s give a round of applause and call to the center of the dance floor, Mrs. and Mrs. Kim’’

The couple walk hand in hand to the center of the room between the loud claps and cheers. They take their positions just like they had practiced with their beloved choreographer, their very own Hyoyeon, and start waltzing to Adele’s ‘Make you feel my love’’.

They move slowly from side to side, with their foreheads together, and forget about everything else around them.

I'd go hungry; I'd go black and blue

And I'd go crawling down the avenue

No, there's nothing that I wouldn't do

To make you feel my love

 

 In that moment, it was just the two of them and the music.

They end the dance with a peck on the lips and separate to go sit and enjoy dinner.

After dinner, it was time for the toasts. There were ones which brought out a tear from every guest like Mr. Hwang’s and ones that brought out laughter, like Yuri’s, but every single one of them full of emotion.

They danced, with their relatives, with their friends, with their children. Whom they didn’t know if they were truly aware of everything that was going on, but whom were elated nonetheless.

After finishing dancing to Girls’ Generation’s ‘Gee’, a tradition at modern South Korean weddings, the lights dimmed a bit, and a spot on the stage was illuminated.

‘’Now, Mrs. Kim Taeyeon has a surprise for her bride. Let’s see what it is’’

Taeyeon appears walking on stage, with the jacket of her suit off and the sleeves rolled. The woman adjusted the mic and spoke into it ‘’Tiffany, my love, I wrote this song while thinking about you. I hope it conveys what you are to me’’

‘’Oh my God’’ Tiffany muttered, already in tears.

‘’Babe, this is for you’’ Taeyeon says before the music starts playing.

Cause you are, the light that fell on me,

You are, like a beautiful dream,

With seven rays, the whole world,

Is dyed even more beautifully, always.

Yeah U R.

 

Every single person in the room is in awe of the voice of the woman singing. Especially her wife. Tiffany had never heard Taeyeon sing, not even in the bathroom. And whenever she asked her to sing her a song, the shorty would always reply, ‘’not yet’’, and now she knew why.

 

Her wife’s voice was the most angelic she had ever heard.

You are always beside me,

You are inside of my tender heart,

Even more shining and beautifully,

It fills the night sky,

You’re my star

Yeah U R, Oh U R

U R, Oh U R

 

 

Taeyeon finishes the song with a melodic note and jumps off the stage towards her crying wife and lifts her up in her arms, kissing her deeply.

‘’I love you so much’’ the brunette says once they disconnect their lips.

‘’I love you so much, too’’ the shorter woman responds with a huge smile and they both laugh at her dorky words.

The guests only watch in amazement the showing of love between the couple. A love so strong and so real that it makes every single soul present feel it as well.

 

 

‘’Wow, buddy, that was beautiful. I didn’t know you were that romantic’’ Yuri approaches Taeyeon while she eats some cake with Kai and Irene by her side.

‘’Neither did I. But Fany brings out that side of me’’ Taeyeon says as she gazes at her wife dancing with some of their friends.

When their eyes meet, they smile automatically and Tiffany blows a kiss in Taeyeon’s direction. Which she gladly accepts and returns one of her own.

‘’Who do you think is next to get married from the group?’’ Yuri comments all of a sudden.

‘’You’’ Taeyeon answers easily.

‘’That much is obvious, besides me and Jess’’

‘’Hmmmm, that’s a tough one, the only one officially dating someone right now is Yoona, so my money is on her’’

‘’True, but what about Soo and Sunny? They seem to be hitting it off quite nicely. I can see them U-hauling tomorrow already’’ Yuri laughs at her own joke

‘’Don’t know about that, you know how Sunny is with relationships. She’s actually ranked last in my list’’

‘’Really? Even after Hyoyeon?’’ Yuri asks incredulously

‘’Yeah, even after Hyoyeon’’ Taeyeon nods her head.

‘’Well, I bet you 1,000,000 won that Sooyoung and Sunny are the next couple after me and Jessie to tie the knot’’

Taeyeon stands up and shakes Yuri’s hand firmly, ‘’we’ll see about that’’.

 

Before the couple retires for the night, the throwing of the bouquet has to be done. The dance floor is filled with single and unmarried ladies. Michelle and Nana seem to be the most excited among the crowd. Yoona can only smile brightly at her girlfriend’s shiny eyes.

‘’Alright, 3, 2, 1’’ and Tiffany throws the bouquet hard, so hard that it passes above the heads of the women standing on the dance floor and ends up right on the lap of Sunny who was sitting down having a very pleasant chat with Sooyoung. The short woman blushes as the crowd applauds and Sooyoung scratches her nape. Oh boy.


 

Taeyeon and Tiffany head one of the most exclusive hotels in all of Seoul to celebrate their wedding night. The honeymoon, they decided, could wait until the next day. Because that night it was dedicated to celebrate their love, to unite their bodies in a way that they haven’t done before. That night they would take all the time it takes, to know each and every part of each other.

 

When they come back home the next day, they find the house awfully quiet. They assume their friends and family were still asleep in the guest rooms, worn out after a night of partying and surely drinking.

They walk carefully around the house and decide to peek inside one of the rooms to see who made it back. They open the door slowly as to not wake the occupants and Taeyeon has to clasp a hand to Tiffany’s mouth before she screams.

Inside the room were Hyoyeon and Seohyun, clearly under the covers and sleeping peacefully snuggled against each other.

‘’Damn, just what the hell happened after we left?’’ Taeyeon asks no one after they close the door.

 

 

The couple decide on Paris as the destination for their honeymoon. Everyone thought it was a very good choice as a romantic place to go. And the couple couldn’t agree more, but that wasn’t the main reason why they chose it. Oh no, it was because they were planning to go to the Disneyland park located there. Yeah. They had wanted to go for years, but could never find the right time to go. And now it was. And of course, they didn’t think twice to bring their kids along with them.

The four of them enjoyed every single and magical moment of the trip. There was certainly no better feeling that spending such joyous moments with the ones you love the most.


 

 

Sooooooooo, sorry for the wait :| writer's block is truly a btch! i hope i didn't disappoint you /too/ much with this chapter. writing a wedding is hard, i had to do a lot of research...

 

last chapter next, and it's the epilogue. i will make no promise that i will have it up before the year ends but i will try. because i do want to finish this before next year starts so i can start the new year with a new fic.

comments are very much appreciated! (even if it is to comment on the delay lol)

 

inspo for the taeyeon and tiffany's wedding styles

 

~~~summerstormz