playtime

losing and finding

Tiffany couldn’t believe this, Jessie had to fly back to Paris for a show she was invited to and couldn’t help her, now she was truly alone, there was no one to help her, so, what was she going to do?

She was frustrated, this project was a big one and she just couldn’t let it go, but what was she going to do about the kids? She had to think of something, because if not, she’s going to lose this huge opportunity.

She decides to think of something later and goes to the kitchen and pours herself a big glass of wine to calm herself down, she sighs and moves to her home office to check her emails and review some of the projects the junior designers are handling.

She hears crying coming from her babies’ room, she checks her watch and it was already 5 o’clock, which meant it was time for their afternoon meal. She heads to their room and gently picks them up, managing each one in her arms ‘’Hi guys, slept well?’’ she kisses the top of their heads and goes to the kitchen to feed them, she places them in their chairs, pink of course, with their names written in white gold, a gift from their aunt Jessie.

The night comes quickly and Tiffany still has no idea what to do with her children, she decides to sleep on it, it’s getting late and she has to be at the office tomorrow for a morning meeting with the other designers and to sign some paperwork.

 

 

Morning arrives and Tiffany’s alarm rings at 6:00am and she gets up, washes her face and goes to the kitchen to get the kid’s things ready. After that, she goes to wake up the kids for a warm bath, after she successfully does it, she starts undressing them and carries them to their bathtub, a smaller pink one that mirrors the one she has in her bathroom. Then she dresses them up and puts them back in their crib to drink their milk while she gets ready.

Once ready, she takes her Louis Vuitton handbag and her Louis Vuitton diaper bag and goes to her garage to place them on her SUV and enters her house again to get the children.

She takes off in direction of the nearest Starbucks to get her breakfast, she always orders a vanilla latte, a breakfast bagel and a greek yogurt with berries.

She finally heads to her office and when she nears the building entrance, she can see Sunjung waiting for her, like every day, to help with the children. She parks the car and gets out to take her Irene first and hand her to her assistant, who takes her gladly ‘’Hello, Irene, how are you today?’’. Then she takes Kai off his seat and grabs the bags and her breakfast, closing the door. She hands her keys for someone to take her vehicle with a thank you and finally turns to her assistant

‘’Good morning Ms. Hwang’’ he greets with a smile on his face

‘’Good morning, Sunjung’’

‘’We have a meeting in half an hour, you have some things to sign on your desk and your meeting in Kim Corp at noon’’ he hears Tiffany sigh and asks ‘’is there something wrong, you sounded excited for the meeting yesterday’’

‘’I am, but there’s no one to watch the kids, everyone is busy’’

‘’I’d watch them but I still have to finish the paperwork we’re supposed to finish by this afternoon, and everyone else is busy with their projects’’

‘’I know, but I guess I’ll have to take them with me, there’s no other way, I just hope there’s not a problem with it’’

She enters her office and places Kai in a chair she has for him and Sunjung places Irene in hers

‘’ do you need anything else Ms. Hwang?’’

‘’No Sunjung, that’ll be all. Thank you’’

He nods and walks away to his desk

Tiffany eats her breakfast and then feeds her children. She cleans them up and takes them to the conference room, where the other designers are already waiting for her to start the meeting. She places them on their chairs at the side of the room. At first she was afraid that everyone on her company would find a problem with her having chairs for her children in several rooms of the building, because taking the chairs from her office to everywhere would be tiring, but everyone loves her children and of course, didn’t say a thing.

‘’Good morning everyone’’

 

 

After the meeting, she goes back to her office and checks and signs the papers on her desk. She leaves her office at 11:25 to make it in time for her meeting at Kim Co. She calls Sunjung to help her get the kids on her SUV. She checks she has everything ready for the meeting and drives off.

She arrives 5 minutes to noon to the Kim Co building, with a sigh she grabs her bag and the diaper bag and places them in her shoulders, she gets out and opens the door to take out Kai, she places him on her arm and closes the door, she goes to the other side and removes Irene, managing to place her on her other arm. Struggling a little bit, she hands her keys to someone to park her car.

She makes her way to the entrance and approaches the receptionist in the lobby

‘’Good Morning, I’m here for a meeting with Ms. Kwon at 12’’

The woman stares at the children in her arms for a few seconds before shaking her head and smiling at the brunette in front of her

‘’Yes, Ms. Kwon is already waiting for you, the meeting is in the 7th floor, you’ll see the sign for her office, I’ll let her know you’re on your way’’

‘’Thank you’’

Tiffany walks to the elevator and waits for it to come back. A few seconds pass and she hears someone mention her name

‘’Tiffany?’’

She’s quite surprised to see Taeyeon making her way to the elevator

‘’Hi!’’

‘’What are you doing here?’’ she looks at the babies in her arms and gives a pat to their heads, both Kai and Irene extending their arms immediately for Taeyeon to take. Tiffany seems a little embarrassed because of it and Taeyeon just laughs ‘’what are you guys doing here too?’’

‘’I, um, have a meeting here’’

‘’Oh, with whom?’’

‘’Kwon Yuri’’

‘’Yuri?’’

‘’Yeah, she contacted my company for a renovation project, but I had to bring these guys because no one could look after them. I hope Ms. Kwon doesn’t mind it’’

‘’Oh, if you want, I can watch them for you, while you have your meeting, that way you’ll be able to concentrate better’’

Taeyeon thought Tiffany was going to cry right there on the spot ‘’Thank you so so much, I would really appreciate it’’

‘’It’s nothing, I’m just glad I can be of help’’

The elevator arrives and both Tiffany and Taeyeon walk in ‘’7th floor right?’’

‘’Yes, thank you’’

Tiffany suddenly has a realization ‘’Wait, don’t you have to work?’’

‘’You see, being the president of a company does have it perks’’

Tiffany’s eyes widen ‘’Oh my god, I totally forgot you own a company! Are you sure you can do this?’’

‘’Positive’’

‘’Well’’ she gives Kai to the blonde girl ‘’this is their bag, they have everything there, bottles, formula, diapers, baby wipes, some baby cream, a change of clothes’’

Tiffany speaks so fast and so much that Taeyeon can only seem to understand half of the things she said

‘’did you get everything?’’ Taeyeon can only nod

‘’Right,’’  she hands Irene to Taeyeon and kisses both her babies’ heads ‘’I’ll see you guys later’’ she moves to step out of the elevator ‘’Wait-‘’ Tiffany stops and turns around ‘’where can I find you, or how’’

Taeyeon takes out her phone ‘’Here, type in your number and call your cellphone so you can have mine and let me know when you’re done’’

‘’There, done. I’ll text you once I’m done. Please be good you guys, don’t give Taeyeon-ssi a headache’’

‘’Thank you really, Taeyeon-ssi, for what you’re doing’’

‘’Hey, it’s okay, now go, you don’t want to be late’’

‘’Right, see you later!’’ and with that she walks away to Yuri’s office and Taeyeon makes her way to her own office on the same floor

‘’Come on guys, I’ll take you to the best place there is in this company’’

 

 

As soon as she reaches her office, Taeyeon receives a weird look from her secretary, Hani, and tells her that she’ll be in her office and that she doesn’t let anyone disturb her for a couple of hours. She enters and drops the diaper bag onto her couch and sits down with both babies still in her arms. She takes off her shoes and decides do put some pillows on the floor so the babies can be comfortable. She sets them down and both tilt their head and look at Taeyeon

‘’So’’ she begins a bit awkwardly ‘’what should we do now’’ she taps at her legs

‘’…’’

‘’okay, sure, we c-we can search through your bag and see what your mommy has for you’’

Taeyeon sits back on the couch and opens the bag and sees a lot of weird baby things, she keeps looking until she finds a couple of toys ‘’Okay children’’ she turns to the kids ‘’now we can…play’’ she frantically looks around and sees that the kids are nowhere to be found, the blonde looks at the door and it seems it’s open

‘’No, no no no no! Come on, it has only been like 5 minutes’’ she practically runs to the door and looks frantically around the floor and sees their little butts entering one of the elevators she runs as fast as she can to catch them before they enter but she’s too late. She desperately presses the buttons to open the elevator doors but it doesn’t work. Taeyeon bangs on the metal doors hoping that’ll make them open, but, unsurprisingly, it doesn’t.

Upon hearing all the noise, Hani comes running to Taeyeon’s side

‘’Ms. Kim, is there something wrong?’’

‘’Hani!’’ she grabs at her assistant’s shoulders, ‘’listen to me, I need your help’’ the taller girl nods, motioning for her boss to continue ‘’there’s a possibility I might have lost the babies I was carrying in my arms before’’ at that, Hani’s eyes widen ‘’Now, what I need you to do is, take the elevator on the right, and look for them in the first 3 floors, I’ll take the one on the left and look in the remaining 3. If you happen to find them, give me a call and meet me in my office, got it?’’

‘’Yes, Ms. Kim’’

‘’Perfect, remember, be very discreet, I don’t want anyone to find out about this. Now let’s go, they’re fast and I don’t know what floor they might be on’’ the other girl just nods and hops on the right elevator, Taeyeon doing the same.

She first goes to the  4th floor, the accounting floor, and walks through all the offices, pretending to be doing a visit to the sector, since she hasn’t been there for a while. Still no sign of Kai or Irene.

Then she goes to the 5th floor and even walk inside the bathrooms to check if they may have gone into one of the stalls, but sadly, still no luck.

With a loud sigh she makes her way towards the elevator again and once it opens, pushes the button for the 6th floor. At the same time, she receives a phone call, she checks the screen and quickly swipes right to answer

‘’Hani, did you find them? Please tell me you did’’

‘’I did, sort of’’

‘’what do you mean sort of?’’ she rises her voice a little, her desperation clear through her tone

‘’I found one of them on the 3rd floor, but there’s no sign of the other’’

‘’oh my god, jesus, okay, okay, go to my office and wait for me there, please, I’ll keep looking, I only have the 6th floor left’’

‘’Alright, Ms. Kim’’

She ends the call and resumes her search, the 6th floor is where the advisers and consultants are located, she rarely visits any floor that is not her own, but this one, she dreads, it’s full of the old men who refuse to retire and feel as if their opinion on the company and its doings is the law. They’re always trying to diminish her and Yuri’s role as heads of the company. And she has begged her dad to let her fire them, but he insists she doesn’t want a lawsuit from those fossils, and that she lets nature do its job instead.

She takes a deep breath and begins walking through the area, thoroughly scanning every inch of the place, after a few seconds, she spots a pair of little chubby legs entering the office of the biggest evil in the company, Mr. Lee.

She practically sprints to get the baby before Mr. Lee notices and begins a never-ending interrogation. She grabs at the baby’s legs and pulls at them before picking, Irene, she notices, up.

She’s about to head to the elevator when she hears someone clear their throat, she turns around and sees Mr. Lee standing just outside of his office

‘’What a surprise to see you around here, Taeyeon’’ he narrows his eyes as he stares at the infant on her arms ‘’and what exactly are you doing with a baby’’

‘’That’s Ms. Kim to you. And it’s none of your business, have a good day Mr. Lee’’ she turns around and walks regally to the elevator, with Irene on her waist.

After a few moments, she enters her office and sees Hani playing with little Kai on her lap, when the door closes, she looks up ‘’oh, Ms. Kim. I’m glad you found the other one, where was she?’’

‘’on her way to Mr. Lee’s office’’

‘’oh, I hope she didn’t ran into him’’

‘’she kind of did, but I controlled the situation before he could say anything unpleasing’’

‘’good, well’’ she hand Kai to Taeyeon ‘’I better get back to work, if you need anything please call me’’

‘’Thank you Hani, for everything’’

‘’any time, boss’’

 

 

Taeyeon decides to play some youtube videos for the babies, and at first it works, but after 15 minutes, they start to get fussy and nothing Taeyeon does seems to work out. She stands up and starts walking around, bouncing them in her arms when she remembers the existence of the diaper bag. With difficulty, she opens the bag and searches for the bottles, after finding them, she sets two pillows so the infants can put their heads there and drink comfortably, she lays them down and hands them their bottles, which they instantly take and start drinking down their milk.

While they’re busy, she takes out her phone to see if she has any new texts or missed calls. She sees that she has a new text from Tiffany

From Tiffany Hwang:

Hey! I hope the kids are behaving and not making you chase after them ;)

Taeyeon doesn’t know if telling Tiffany about what happened is a good idea, so she lies

To Tiffany Hwang:

Lol, everything is going great, they have been like little angels, don’t worry. How’s the meeting going?

Taeyeon waits a few minutes to get a response from Tiffany

From Tiffany Hwang:

I’m glad they’re not giving you a hard time:) the meeting is going great, I don’t know how much more it’s going to take, though, hope you don’t mind

To Tiffany Hwang:

Not at all, take your time, don’t worry.

She locks her phone and turns her head to look at the babies, and to her surprise, they’re asleep with their bottles hanging out of their little mouths. She takes the bottles away and adjusts them on the couch so they can sleep peacefully.

She just sits there watching their little round faces sleeping, they really do look like angels, the pretties of angels. She smiles at the sight and takes a picture with her phone. Soon after that she begins to feel sleepy so she takes a pillow from the other couch in her office and lays down on the floor, next to the couch the babies are sleeping on.

While they’re all sleeping, Hani enters the office to hand some documents to Taeyeon but is surprised at what she encounters, she’s never seen her boss like that, and Hani has hung out with Taeyeon, they have a fairly close relationship, Taeyeon depends a lot on Hani after all. They’ve gone out drinking along with Yuri a couple of times. So, she’s seen a laid back Taeyeon, but never quite like this, seemingly with not a care in the world. She just smiles sweetly, leaves the documents on her boss’ desk and walks away quietly.

 

 

Taeyeon is woken up from her peaceful slumber by a soft whimper that gradually gets louder and louder, until it turns to two. She sits up at the speed of light and gets closer to the source of the noises

‘’Hey, hey, what’s wrong?’’

The babies keep whimpering and fussing around. Taeyeon takes them into her arms until certain smell reaches her nostrils

‘’oh my god’’ she tries to cover her nose but since her hands are busy, she can’t. The blonde lays the infants down on the couch again and puts pillows around them to make sure they don’t fall

She goes to clear her desk and puts her things on the coffee table in front of the couch, she searches the bag for a blanket and spreads it on her desk. She grabs the diapers, wipes, baby powder and baby cream from the diaper bag and puts them on the side of the desk.

She gently picks up a still crying Irene and lays her down on her desk. The short woman takes a big sigh and carefully begins to undress the little girl. Once down to only her diaper, Taeyeon begins to panic, she had no idea how to change a baby, the only thing she knows is that they often make a mess. So she presses a button on her office phone to call for help

‘’Hani, can you come over here for a second?’’

‘’of course’’

After a moment, the athletic girl appears in her office and has to bite down a laugh at the sight

‘’it’s not funny, I know literally nothing about caring for babies’’

‘’don’t worry Ms. K, I’ll give you a hand’’

‘’please do, I’m about to go crazy here, she won’t stop crying and needs a change ASAP’’

Hani walks up to the desk and takes Taeyeon’s place

‘’Ok, please hold her legs still’’ the taller girl begins unfastening the tabs on the dirty diaper and opens it slowly, Taeyeon almost pukes from the smell and Hani laughs

‘’that happened to me the first time Solji and I babysat and I had to change a diaper’’

‘’did Solji also laugh at you’’ the blonde says, side eyeing her assistant

‘’no, she did puke, though’’

Taeyeon then laughs her genuine grandma laugh.

‘’can you pass me some of those wipes, please’’

‘’yeah, here’’

She easily cleans the poop off the baby and Irene has started to calm down, she tells Taeyeon to lift her legs so she can place the new diaper

‘’ok, now pass me the powder and the cream’’

After a few moments, Irene is all dressed up again and all giggles. ‘’okay, it’s Kai’s turn next’’

‘’I’ll grab this little one here, and you can change Kai, you just saw me do it so I don’t think it’s going to be a problem’’

‘’alright, I’ll do it, I’m ready to master this’’

She takes the little boy who’s not crying anymore and lays him on her desk, just as she did with Irene. It takes Taeyeon a lot of time to finally get Kai dressed again because of the smell and Kai not holding still. But in the end, she conquered it.

‘’Yes!’’ she lifts Kai in the air as victory and he giggles ‘’I did it!’’

Hani laughs at her boss ‘’hell yeah you did!’’ she stands up and high fives the blonde woman and then they both laugh at their foolishness

‘’ok Ms. Kim, if there isn’t anything else you need, I’ll go back to my tasks’’

‘’Yes, of course. Thank you so much Hani, you’ve saved my life twice today already’’

 

 

Tiffany walks out of Yuri’s office feeling happy, the meeting was a success and the project was a go. She couldn’t wait to start. But now, she had to go pick up her children from Taeyeon’s office. She quickly texts her she’s done and Taeyeon tells her where her office is. She makes her way towards it and as she comes close to Taeyeon’s assistant’s desk she explains what she was there for and the very nice young woman lets her in.

The brunette slowly opens the door and smiles tenderly at the sight before her, Taeyeon sitting on the carpet, with both her kids on her lap, all three concentrated on something on the blonde’s laptop. She had no idea she had been so lost in the scene until Taeyeon calls out to her

‘’Tiffany! Come sit down with us, we’re watching the lion king’’

She blushes and quietly sits down on the carpet to join them. Irene notices her mommy and extends her arms and Tiffany takes her and puts her on her lap.

Kai babbles something and points at the screen, to which Taeyeon says ‘’Yes, that’s Scar, he’s the bad guy’’ Tiffany laughs softly and Taeyeon turns her head around

‘’what?’’

‘’nothing, you just look cute with him’’ she regrets the words as soon as they came out of but the pink tint in Taeyeon’s cheeks make her forget about her slip

‘’How did the meeting go?’’ Taeyeon asks, hoping to change the subject

‘’Great! We made a deal!’’ Tiffany says excitedly

‘’Really? I’m so happy for you!’’

‘’Yeah, so this is not the last time you see me around’’ she winks and Taeyeon blushes again

‘’I’m looking forward to it already’’ it’s her time to wink and Tiffany’s to blush

Tiffany is surprised that they can have this light banter when they barely know each other but there’s just something about Taeyeon that makes her feel comfortable.

They don’t say anything else for the rest of the movie, enjoying the silence and the occasional babble coming from the babies. Tiffany doesn’t know if it’s the closeness, the image of Taeyeon with her children, or what, but a warm feeling settles in her stomach and Tiffany likes it.

 

 

After the movie ends, Tiffany stands up with Irene in her arms and goes to grab the diaper bag

‘’thank you so so much Taeyeon, you have no idea how much you’ve helped me today’’

‘’it was my pleasure, I really enjoyed my time with your kids, they’re adorable and so squishy’’ she makes her point by grabbing Kai’s chubby cheeks

‘’I’ll be going now, I still have to go back to my office and draft some things for the project’’

‘’of course, let me walk you down, just wait a second’’ she walks with Kai still in her arms to her desk and speaks to her desk phone

‘’Sungyeol, can we get Ms. Hwang’s car on the front, please’’

‘’Sure thing Ms. Kim’’ she hears the man on the phone say

‘’Thank you’’ the blonde says and hangs up ‘’Now, let’s go’’

They walk out of the office and Taeyeon’s assistant raises her brow a bit ‘’Hani, I’ll be back in a moment, if anyone comes looking for me’’

‘’Of course, Ms. Kim’’

They make their way to the elevator and enter it

‘’So, how were they the rest of the day?’’

‘’oh, you know, they drank their milk, then we took a little nap, I had to change them because they got their diapers dirty’’ she watches the blonde shrug her shoulders ‘’nothing big, really, it was fairly calm’’

‘’I’m glad, I know they can be a handful sometimes’’

They arrive at the lobby and walk out of the building, heading towards Tiffany’s car which was parked on the front, with Sungyeol, Tiffany supposes, waiting for them next to it.

‘’Here’s the car that you asked for, Ms. Kim’’

‘’Thanks, buddy’’ and the man walks off

The brunette moves to put Irene on her chair and then walks to Taeyeon to take Kai and put him on his seat, too.

‘’alright’’ she turns around to Taeyeon ‘’all done, thank again for today’’

‘’any time’’

‘’I guess I’ll see you around, Taeyeon-ssi’’

‘’Taeyeon’’

‘’Hmm?’’

‘’Just Taeyeon’’

‘’Ok, Taeyeon’’ the brunette smiles her signature eye smile that had Taeyeon seeing angels the first time. She slowly approaches the blonde’s personal space and plants a quick peck to her cheek ‘’see you later’’ Taeyeon can only manage to give a small wave until she can’t see Tiffany’s vehicle anymore. She brings a hand to her cheek and her face breaks into a huge smile, her heart beating like it’s gonna come out of her chest.

Oh, she’s going to love having Tiffany around.


this is by far the longest chapter i've written, i hope you guys enjoy it:) i had fun writing it.

 

Thank you all for the love, i never thought i'd have this many subscribers:) you guys are the best!

please don't forget to comment what you thought.

 

little note: there are going to be cameos of different idols, so far we have infinte (which is a boy group i love) and Hani from Exid (which i also love). and don't worry the rest of snsd will make an appearance soon!!! also don't worry, there will be more taeny moments in the next chapters!

 

~~~summerstormz