in laws pt. 1

losing and finding

Taeyeon takes some moments before speaking ‘’Hani, can you give us some privacy, please?’’

‘’Certainly, Ms. Kim’’ the girl says before closing the door.

‘’So’’ the person says firmly, still expecting an answer

‘’Why don’t we sit down so I can explain’’ the blonde makes an invitation with her hand for the other person to take a place in one of the couches, while Tiffany and her take a seat in the largest one, the other person sits down on the individual one.

Taeyeon clears before explaining, ‘’So… this is Tiffany. She’s working on a renovation project for the company’’ she pauses, Tiffany looks at her, expecting more, and so does the person sitting near them

‘’and why were you kissing her, if you don’t mind telling me’’

‘’she also happens to be my girlfriend’’ she finishes, nothing but nervousness lacing her voice. She closes her eyes while squeezing Tiffany’s hand. She opens them a second later and sees this person nodding slowly, taking in the recent information.

‘’Very, well’’ is the only thing he says before extending his hand ‘’It’s a pleasure to meet you, Tiffany. My name is Kim Yunho. Taeyeon’s father’’

Tiffany’s mouth opens and closes, she barely manages to take the hand offered to her before saying ‘’It’s a pleasure to meet you too, Mr. Kim’’ the man smiles and a bright and big smile appears on the brunette’s face

They stay in awkward silence for a while before he speaks up ‘’Well, I was just merely dropping by for a surprise visit’’ he stands up and the pair stand up with him

‘’I’m really sorry dad, for the way you had to find out’’ she bows apologetically

‘’Oh, you better be. I’m expecting you and Tiffany’s presence at our house for lunch on Saturday at 1pm. A proper introduction is obviously in need’’

‘’Of course Mr. Kim. We’ll be there. And I’m sorry about all this’’

‘’it’s okay, Tiffany’’ he dismisses her ‘’I’ll look forward to our meeting on Saturday’’ he says with a warm smile on his face, that disappears when he turns to address Taeyeon

‘’Taeyeon, why don’t you walk me out’’ he says, more of a command than a question

‘’Of course, let’s go’’ she turns to Tiffany ‘’I’ll be right back’’ the brunette merely nods

 

Once they’re on the elevator, Mr. Kim gives Taeyeon a smack on the back of her head

‘’Ow’’ she rubs the spot ‘’what was that for?’’

‘’You know very well why. All those times I asked you if there was anything new with your life you didn’t bother to tell me you were dating someone?’’

‘’I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have hid it from you’’

‘’you shouldn’t have. You’re lucky it was only me who came today, your mother was going to come with me but she had a meeting at Hayeon’s school’’ Taeyeon grimaces at the thought of her mother watching the scene her father walked in, she was sure to freak out, in a good way because there is nothing that would excite her more than the fact that Taeyeon was dating someone, but freak out nonetheless.

The elevator door opens and they walk out of the building, towards Mr. Kim’s car

‘’Wait, there’s something else I need to tell you, something about Tiffany’’

‘’She’s not married, is she?’’ he asks, raising a brow

‘’No, of course not’’

‘’then what is it’’ he stands with the backdoor of the car open, waiting for Taeyeon to talk

‘’she has kids. Two of them. Little kids. One year olds’’

He nods slowly, ‘’that’s it?’’ he asks

‘’Yeah’’

 ‘’alright, make sure you bring them over on Saturday too. I’ll tell your mom to prepare something for them to eat too’’ he winks before entering her vehicle and Taeyeon releases a breath she didn’t know she was holding, that surely went a lot better than she thought.

 

 

‘’what did he say’’ Tiffany asks the moments she enters her office again

‘’he scolded me for not telling him. And he expects us to bring the kids along on Saturday’’

At those words, Tiffany’s eyes widen and she freezes for a second ‘’you told him about that?’’

‘’Yes. I hope you don’t mind. My father is not a person who enjoys when things are hidden from him. And if he finds out I didn’t tell him about this before Saturday, he’ll hit me again’’

‘’he hit you?’’ she asks with a teasing smile on her face

‘’hey, it’s not funny, he has a heavy hand’’

‘’I’m sorry, it’s just fun picturing your dad doing that to you, an adult’’

‘’it’s not. Anyway, there’s nothing to worry about, he seemed cool about it’’

‘’and your mom?’’

‘’I don’t know about her, but I wouldn’t worry too much about her either’’

‘’okay, good’’ she smiles before giving a peck to her girlfriend.

 

 

‘’alright, meeting’s over, you’re dismissed’’

Taeyeon watches as everyone but her vice president, leaves the conference room. The taller girl approaches her with a raised eyebrow, lifting up her phone as if to show her something

‘’does your father know about Tiffany?’’

‘’Oh yeah, forgot to tell you about all that. He came over a couple of hours ago and kind of caught us in the middle of something. Just a kiss before you think of implying anything else. How do you know he knows?’’

‘’he texted me, scolding me for not telling him anything. Good thing I wasn’t around or he would have given me a hit on the head’’

‘’yeah, I didn’t have such luck’’

‘’so, how did it go?’’

‘’alright I guess. Tiffany and I are going over for lunch on Saturday, with the kids. He wants an official meeting. You know how he is’’

‘’that I do. Well, good luck buddy’’ the dark haired beauty hugs her friend and pats her back

‘’Thanks, Yul. God knows that I’m gonna need it’’

 

 

 

The couple is entering Taeyeon’s parents’ driveway, the blonde driving Tiffany’s SUV because of the children car seats.

‘’Alright’’ the blonde says while she parks in the porch ‘’remain relaxed, everything is going to be okay’’

Tiffany looks at her girlfriend with narrowed eyes, everything was going smoothly, but as soon as they neared her parents’ house, Taeyeon became a nervous mess. ‘’are you okay? I’m pretty sure I’m the one who’s supposed to be nervous about this’’

‘’I’m sorry’’ the blonde apologizes while kissing her girlfriend’s hand ‘’you’re right. Let’s go in now before they come out to get us’’

They each take a kid and hold hands while going up the steps on the porch. Taeyeon takes a deep breath and squeezes her girlfriend’s hand ‘’here we go’’ she says before ringing the bell

The door opens a few seconds later to reveal an old man wearing a suit, who smiles warmly at Taeyeon

‘’Ms. Kim, come on in, your family is waiting for you two in the living room’’

They walk along a long hallway decorated with a few paintings and photographs of what Tiffany assumes to be Taeyeon’s family. They pass by one where her friends are present. And she figures they must be even closer than what Taeyeon has told her.

Once they reach the living room, all eyes are on them. Nervousness hits Tiffany like a train. But once her in laws’ faces break into smiles, it starts to die down.

Taeyeon’s parents are the first to stand up to welcome them, Taeyeon’s siblings following their actions

‘’Taeyeon, honey, I’ve missed you so much!’’ the woman pinches the blonde’s cheeks, earning a laugh from Tiffany

‘’and you must be Tiffany’’ the brunette smiles at the warmth lacing the woman’s voice ‘’oh my god! You’re gorgeous!’’

‘’thank you so much, Mrs. Kim. It’s a pleasure to finally meet you’’ the brunette says with a bright smile on her face.

Mrs. Kim’s smile grows even bigger once she takes notice of the infants on the couple’s arm

‘’these are just the cutest little things I’ve ever seen’’ the woman pinches their cheeks softly

‘’this is Irene’’ she shakes the little girl in her arms a little, which elicits a giggle from said girl

‘’and this one’’ she points to the one in Taeyeon’s arms ‘’is Kai’’. At the mention of his name, the boy fuzzes in the blonde’s arms

‘’It’s very nice to meet you’’ Taeyeon’s mother shakes their little hands and the couple laughs.

‘’It’s very nice to see you again, Tiffany’’ Mr. Kim smiles and Tiffany smiles back

‘’You too, sir. You have a lovely house’’

‘’Thank you’’ he nods and turns to the kids who are now standing in the wooden floor, grabbing at Taeyeon and Tiffany’s legs ‘’hello there’’ he crouches, and they eye him carefully but when he smiles they can’t help but smile back, showing their little teeth.

While the kids are still interacting with her parents, Taeyeon takes the time to introduce Tiffany to her siblings

‘’Tiffany, this is my brother, Jiwoong’’ Tiffany smiles and shakes the hand that is offered to her. ‘’and my little sister, Hayeon’’ the girl’s smile is blinding as she hugs her older sister, and then turns to her with the smile still in place ‘’Tiffany, it’s amazing to finally meet you’’

‘’I’m glad I’m finally meeting you as well’’

The girl’s smile suddenly turns into a grin, ‘’you know, ever since I started seeing you on Tae’s instagram, I was thinking of how much time it would take for her to introduce you to us as her girlfriend’’

‘’Yah!’’ Taeyeon hits her sister on the arm jokingly

‘’It’s true’’ Jiwoong joins the conversation, ‘’we even had a little bet going on’’ he laughs and Tiffany can’t help but stare at him because until this moment she hadn’t realized how much alike he and Taeyeon looked.

‘’I can’t believe you two’’ the blonde shakes her head ‘’making money off of me’’

‘’don’t worry big sis, none of us won, Jiwoong said a year and I said two. You actually surprised us, we thought it would take you longer than that’’

‘’Yah! Stop or I’m going to tell mom’’ the blonde whines and both her siblings and Tiffany laugh at her.

 

They talk about random things for a while, like the weather and the drive to the Kim’s house, until Mrs. Kim tells them lunch is ready, so they move to the backyard, a huge, beautiful and green space with a large pool in the middle and a significantly smaller pool that was obviously designed for children.

They sit around an elegant, white table that has a chair designated for each of them, and two high chairs that are meant for the twins.

The couple place the kids on the chairs and sit on the chairs next to them. The lunch is being served and at the sight of all the delicious food, everyone’s mouth waters. One of the maids serves a little plate with food made especially for the kids and Tiffany smiles, grateful that the Kims took the little kids into account when organizing the meal.

‘’This looks amazing, Mrs. Kim’’

‘’Why, thank you dear’’ the woman smiles ‘’now, please, dig in’’

The instant a fork is put into , Tiffany hums at the deliciousness and soon after, Taeyeon and her siblings do the same. Between bites, Tiffany and Taeyeon help their kids eat, the little ones are mostly able to eat by themselves by now, but sometimes, they need a little help.

Taeyeon’s family smile at the act, and Hayeon sneakily takes a picture. The couple resume their eating and so does the rest. They ask Tiffany a couple of things to get to know her better, and when it’s turn to talk about her family, Taeyeon grabs Tiffany’s hand under the table,  because she knows she’ll have to mention about her mom’s passing, and that is never an easy subject to talk about. Thankfully, her parents understand and change the subject to their new objects of adoration, the kids.

‘’When is their next birthday?’’ Mrs. Kim asks, she wants nothing more but to go over and grab and kiss those chubby little cheeks of theirs, but the babies are still happily eating their meal

‘’They’ll be two in around 6 months’’ Taeyeon responds while taking another bite of her food, leaving a little sauce on the corner of , Tiffany notices and brings up a napkin to clean the spot. Upon witnessing the action, her in laws raise their eyebrows and smile teasingly at couple, who feel a little embarrassed at the display.

‘’well, that gives us time to plan a birthday party’’ Mrs. Kim says excitedly, the attention now on her, much to the couple’s relief.

‘’I really appreciate it Mrs. Kim’’ the brunette gives one of her signature eye smiles at her mother in law ‘’I could definitely use help planning it’’

Taeyeon is simply happy her mom and Tiffany click so well with each other, because to be honest, she worried a bit about how her mother would react to her new girlfriend, even if she never voiced it.

 

They finally finish eating and as Taeyeon rubs her belly, Tiffany addresses her mother in law ‘’the food was absolutely delicious, Mrs. Kim. Maybe you could give me the recipe so I can cook it at home. I’m sure there’s a certain someone who would like that as well’’

‘’Of course, dear. And I just want to say that I notice Taeyeon a little healthier than last time I saw her, I know that must be your doing, so thank you’’

‘’It’s nothing, she just gets so engrossed in her work that she forgets to take care of herself sometimes, so I make sure she eats well when we see each other’’ the brunette then pats her girlfriend’s stomach and her siblings laugh at her, finding it funny how Taeyeon has to be taken care of sometimes, even when she’s a full grown woman. But the blonde sees nothing wrong with it, on the contrary, she feels lucky to have such a caring person as her partner.

 

As soon as the kids finish eating, Taeyeon’s parents grab them in their arms so they can rest their stomachs. They still couldn’t believe this was happening now, they thought it would take at least another 15 years before they could have children on their laps. Neither Taeyeon nor Jiwoong seemed to be interested in creating a family in the future, so Hayeon was their only option. So when they found out about Tiffany and her kids, they regained their hope, and maybe, they wouldn’t have to wait that much.

 

‘’So, Jiwoon, I know Hayeon is just starting high school, but I still don’t know what do you do’’

‘’I’m actually finishing my master’s degree, a requirement so I can take over the finance section of the company’’

‘’oh, that’s great!’’

‘’yeah, he also has a band. They play at one of his friend’s basement, and sometimes, if they’re lucky, his garage’’ Taeyeon adds, making her brother narrow his eyes at her before he smirks

‘’has the midget introduced you to Jack already?’’ at the mention of that name, the blonde’s eyes widen

The blonde points her finger in his direction, ‘’don’t you bring him into this’’

‘’Jack? You mean ginger?’’

‘’No, a jack doll she sleeps with since she was 5 years old. I’m sure she hides it in the closet every time you visit. She doesn’t want you to meet her boyfriend of already 23 years’’ he finishes his sentence with a pleased smile on his lips

‘’actually, isn’t your anniversary a couple of days from now, Taeyeon-ah?’’ Hayeon joins in, obviously enjoying the bickering between her older siblings. The blonde just stares at her, mouth agape by the sudden betrayal.

‘’and did you know that when I came out, my parents were SO happy because finally, one of their kids would be able to bring a girl home’’ Taeyeon crosses her arms triumphantly as her brother reddens in embarrassment

‘’and did you know that the happiness didn’t last long because Taeyeon was such a mess when talking to girls she never actually brought a girl home until she was 22?’’ Jiwoong strikes back.

‘’oh snap!’’ Hayeon laughs

The trio of siblings continue on exposing one another and Taeyeon’s parents and Tiffany can only laugh at the childishness of the situation.

 

 

The couple and the blonde’s parents are enjoying dessert while Jiwoong and Hayeon play with the kids. Until they come running towards them and grab Taeyeon’s hands, pulling her up and making her play with them.

Her parents and girlfriend watch with a huge smile on their faces.

‘’I never thought I’d see Taeyeon like this’’ Mr. Kim says, looking ahead at his eldest running after the little ones and laughing.

‘’Me neither’’ Mrs. Kim agrees, taking her husband’s hand and giving it a soft squeeze before looking straight into Tiffany’s eyes, suddenly turning serious ‘’you know, ever since Yunho told me about them, I’ve been wanting to know something, and I hope you understand why I’m asking this’’ she says, making a pause before adding ‘’what is the situation with the kids’ father?’’

‘’we hope you understand that we need to know if he’s going to be a problem, we wouldn’t like to see our Taeyeon hurt’’ Mr. Kim says, concern in his eyes.

Tiffany thinks it’s amazing how he looks so strict and serious sometimes, but is actually a person who cares so much for his family, so she has no problem in answering their question, of course, leaving out some details.

‘’He’s not around, he’s never been so you have nothing to worry about. And even if he was, Taeyeon is the one they love, you have no idea how much they enjoy being with her, how comfortable they are. And they’re her adoration, she’s amazing with them and doesn’t stop showing how much she loves them’’

They look at each other and nod while smiling. They couldn’t be happier for Taeyeon and Tiffany’s family.

 

 

The blonde returns later with her siblings and a pair of tired kids grabbing her hands. Kai makes way for his mother’s arms, yawning.

‘’is my little boy sleepy?’’ the brunette coos before picking him up while Taeyeon does the same with Irene, who’s already fast asleep in her arms.

‘’I think we better get going’’ the blonde says

‘’of course honey, come on, we’ll walk you to the car’’ her parents stand up to follow them, her siblings in tow

After they put the kids in their seats, they turn to her parents to bid their goodbyes.

‘’it was a pleasure to meet you all’’ Tiffany says before bowing and Mrs. Kim smiles before pulling her into a hug ‘’I hope we can see each other again soon, maybe next time we can do a barbecue in the backyard and have the kids enjoy the pool’’ the older woman suggests

‘’that would be lovely’’ Tiffany smiles and turns to kiss her father in law’s cheek, who takes her hands and squeezes them

‘’it was nice to have you over, Tiffany. The kids will definitely bring more happiness to this house’’ they both smile genuinely before he pats her shoulder

‘’I will text you so we can go shopping soon’’ Hayeon says excited

‘’of course, I could use a shopping buddy since your sister’s not exactly keen on it’’

They laugh as they hug each other and kiss their cheeks twice.

‘’my sister is really lucky to have you all’’ Jiwoong says sweetly

‘’we’re really lucky to have her as well. And hey, I would love to see you perform some time’’

His eyes light up and he hugs her suddenly, ‘’absolutely, I’ll text you so you can come see us’’

She winks and gives him a thumbs up. The brunette turns around and sees Taeyeon being showered with kisses by her mom. She knows she doesn’t see them that frequently and that’s why she lets herself be filled with love.

Her dad gives her a warm hug and places one of his hands firmly on his shoulders, ‘’Tiffany is an amazing girl, as are her kids. Take good care of them, because what you have here’’ he pauses, ‘’ is not something you can find anywhere else’’

‘’I know, and don’t worry. I will’’

After a few more words, the couple enter the vehicle and drive off.

‘’So, what do you think’’ the blonde asks

‘’Your family is great’’ Tiffany smiles her ‘’I had a great time. And so did those two back there’’ she turns her head to witness the two angels sleeping soundly with their mouths open

‘’They absolutely loved you, all of you. My mom is already planning our next get together’’

Tiffany laughs softly ‘’I know. I’m already looking forward to it’’

Taeyeon takes her girlfriend’s hand and gives it a kiss. She’s over the moon that everything turned out fine. She can’t believe she was nervous in the first place.

 

But little did she know, she’s going to be shaking with nervousness soon.

 


sorry for the delay!! i had a bit of a writer's block when i was halfway through the chapter :/ but at last, here it is. i hope you enjoyed the reading.

 

feedback is appreciated and encouraged:)

 

 

also, did you see that taeny selfie tiff posted on her ig story the other day? it was the best thing to wake up to :') and who else cried with the w korea pictures? i miss my girls so much!!!! i'm literally counting down the days to their comeback.

 

anyway, see you next chap! thanks for all the support!!!

 

~~~summerstormz