you lose; you find

losing and finding

’You’re what?!’’ Everyone around the table exclaimed in utter disbelief, gaining the attention of people sitting in the tables near their own.

They had been called here by two of their friends who had something to share with them.

‘’We’re getting married’’ one of the girls being questioned replies softly.

‘’But when-, how-‘’ Jessica stutters not really knowing what to say.

‘’We didn’t even know you guys were dating’’ Yuri asks.

‘’I mean, we suspected it, but you never said a word about it, and now here you are, telling us you’re getting married’’ Taeyeon crosses her arms over her chest, an obvious sign that she was upset.

‘’It’s not like we wanted to hide it, we just never found the right time to tell you guys. I’m sorry if you’re mad’’ the other girl bows her head down in apology.

‘’We’re not mad that you’re marrying one another’’ Yoona starts with a gentle voice.

‘’We just don’t appreciate the fact that you didn’t tell us anything, we’re a family, and we don’t hide important things like this from each other’’ Tiffany adds, reaching over and giving the couple’s joint hands a squeeze.

‘’Exactly. From now on let’s not keep things like these to each other, okay?’’ the youngest of the group tells their friends.

The couple nods and soon enough, their usual fun atmosphere returns, everyone making jokes and congratulating them. Well, almost everyone.

‘’So’’ Taeyeon speaks up after a while of being quiet, ‘’how long have you two been together?’’

The taller of the pair squirms in her seat at the stare the older one is sending their way.

‘’ A couple of months before your wedding’’ she answers surprisingly without stuttering

The raven haired woman’s eyes widen, ‘’That’s more than a year ago’’

‘’Yeah’’ the woman trails off

‘’We’re sorry Taengoo, we should have told you. We get if you’re mad’’

The woman doesn’t say anything for a few minutes, as she gathers her thoughts.

‘’Yes I am mad. Very much so’’ she says and the couple bow their head once again.

‘’Mad that now I have to pay a million won to Yuri’’ she shakes her head, ‘’You couldn’t wait until Yoona and Nana got married?’’ she asks in a playful tone.

‘’What?’’ they look up confused.

‘’Yuri and I bet about who would be the next married couple from the group and she said you two, I said you were ranked last in my list and that Yoona would be next’’

‘’You bet on us?’’ Sunny asks while crossing her arms.

‘’To be fair, we didn’t even know you were dating so…’’

‘’Fair enough’’ Sunny responds.

‘’Okay!’’ Tiffany claps to get their attention, ‘’Now that everything is settled, let’s proceed to celebrate and plan some things’’ Tiffany squeals at the thought of yet another wedding within their group.

‘’Yeah, like bachelorette parties. Sooyoung, I heard a new strip club opened downtown and’’ the blonde woman suddenly stops when she notices the deadly glares being sent by Seohyun and Sunny.

‘’To Sunny and Sooyoung’’ Yuri raises her glass in an attempt of saving her friend from being murdered by her own girlfriend and friend.

 

 

 

 

 

‘’Can you believe those two are getting married?’’ Taeyeon asks her wife as they enter their car after the meal with their friends.

‘’I know! I think it took us all by surprise. Especially you, I thought you were actually mad at them’’

‘’I mean, at first I was, but not because of their relationship, but because they didn’t tell us anything. But then I thought how happy I’ve seen them in the past year, and that’s the only way I want to see them’’

‘’Aww babe, you’re so sweet’’ Tiffany leans forward to plant a kiss to her wife’s lips.

‘’Okay, now that we’ve established I’m sweet, let’s go pick up our kids’’

Taeyeon starts the car and drives off to their kids’ school, they were in their first year of kindergarden and the couple couldn’t be more excited for all they’re learning already.

They park in front of the academy and proceed to the front door where they show their id’s to be let inside. Once there, they walk hand in hand to the kids’ classroom where they are sure waiting for them to pick them up.

Upon spotting the couple, Kai and Irene begin jumping up and down in excitement

‘’Ma! Mom!’’ they hear them yell

Both Taeyeon and Tiffany bend down to pick them up in their arms and kiss all over their faces.

‘’Hi sweethearts, how was your day?’’ Tiffany asks them’’

‘’Good. We draw’’ Irene answers with a big smile and squirms in Taeyeon’s arms, a sign that she wants to be let down. Tiffany puts Kai on the ground as well and they both run off to a corner of the classroom and retrieve two paper sheets from a wall.

‘’What do you have there?’’ Taeyeon asks them but they shake their heads

‘’Home’’ Irene simply says and stuffs the paper sheet in her backpack

‘’Okay, let’s head home first’’ Tiffany says before grabbing her daughter’s hand and walking out while Taeyeon holds Kai’s.

 

They’re sitting in the living room working on some things while the twins are playing with their toys in front of them

‘’Look!’’ Irene suddenly puts a paper sheet in front of them and they see a drawing of four people seemingly holding hands. ‘’It’s us!’’ she points to the first person, ‘’Ma, mom, Iwene and Kai’’

‘’Awww this is beautiful, baby girl. Why don’t you go put it inside your backpack so we can put it up in the freezer later’’ Taeyeon tells her daughter who nods happily and hurries to her room

‘’Hey Tae, look what Kai drew’’ Tiffany calls out to her with the little boy in her arms, who is shyly looking away.

She takes the drawing from him and smiles because she has an idea of what it is, but wants her boy to tell her himself since seeing his behavior he’s probably ashamed

‘’Why don’t you tell me what this is, Kai?’’ her voice is gentle, wanting to make the boy feel comfortable enough to talk to her.

‘’Me dance’’

‘’What kind of dance?’’

He hides his face in his mother’s neck and mumbles so softly that she almost doesn’t catch it.

‘’Ballet’’

‘’You want to be a ballet dancer?’’ she asks smiling

He nods shyly still clinging to Tiffany’s neck

‘’That’s great, love. Do you want to go to ballet classes?’’

Kai suddenly leave his mother’s neck and looks her way with big round eyes

‘’What do you think then? If you want to be a ballet dancer, you have to practice’’

‘’Yes, I want!’’ he screams and jumps from Tiffany to her arms, hugging her as tight as he can.

‘’Sweetie, never be afraid to tell us anything, okay?’’ Tiffany rubs his back lovingly

‘’Yeah, we love you and we’re always going to be here for you and your sister’’ Taeyeon tells him and kisses his forehead.

Irene joins them and hugs her mother close, who kisses the top of her head and moves closer to Taeyeon so they can all hug each other.

‘’We love you both so much’’ the couple tells them at the same time, laughing softly at the timing.

‘’We wuv you too’’ Kai and Irene soon kiss all over their faces, much like they always do to them.


 

‘’Good luck on your first day of 4th grade’’

‘’Have a great day sweeties’’

Taeyeon and Tiffany kiss each kid on the head and then receive a kiss on their cheeks themselves, they smile at the fact that they’re not embarrassed or ashamed of displaying affection towards their parents.

‘’Thank you moms, we’ll see you later when you come to pick us up’’

‘’Sure thing’’ Taeyeon says before they walk away to enter the building

‘’Look at them, Taeng. They’re so grown now’’ Tiffany says softly, wiping an imaginary tear from her left eye.

‘’That they are. I still remember their very first day here’’

‘’I know, they were so excited. I couldn’t stop crying’’

Then, their conversation is halted when they hear a very familiar voice

‘’No, mom! I don’t want to go’’

‘’Come on, Sooyoung. You’re going in and that’s final’’

‘’No!’’ the little girl pouts, crosses her arms across her chest and turns around with a stomp of her feet.

‘’Come on, baby. Just go to school and I promise that when you finish we’ll drop by McDonald’s, how about that?’’

The turns back around to face her mother and smiles brightly, ‘’Really?’’

‘’Yup, now be a good girl and wear your backpack before mommy comes here and gets mad’’

The little girl quickly puts on her backpack as her other mother walks their way with her baby sister in her arms.

‘’Are you ready, Sooyoungie?’’ Sunny coos at her daughter.

‘’Yes, mommy!’’ Sooyoung Jr. says as both her mothers bend down to give her a kiss

‘’Okay, sweetie. Now go inside and behave, alright?’’

‘’Yup. Bye mommies, bye Yoojung’’ the girl says as she walk away waving.

 

The couple sigh and go to say hello to their friends.

‘’Hi guys, dropping off Junior?’’ Taeyeon says, obviously, once again, teasing Sooyoung for naming her first born after her.

‘’Oh will you stop it? Men do it all the time so why can’t I?’’ the tallest of the group complains

‘’I heard Sooyoung the other day saying that when she grows up she’s going to change her name to Joy’’ Sunny comments

‘’Oh my god’’ Tiffany laughs, ‘’I’m glad you got to name this cutie instead then. Because if not, we’ll probably be looking at Sooyoung III by now’’ the brunette giggles while reaching to hold Yoojung

They all laugh at Sooyoung’s expense until they see a woman walking down with her kids in tow arrive at the entrance at the school.

‘’Of course Ms. Jessica Jung had to be fashionably late’’ Sooyoung jokes, earning a glare from said woman

Jessica starts checking her kids have everything and fixes non-existent flaws in their uniforms.

‘’Okay babies, give momma a kiss and go to your classroom before the bell rings’’

The children say goodbye to their mother and enter the school, not before also saying goodbye to their aunts.

‘’Where’s Yul?’’ Taeyeon asks confused, both Yuri and Jessica never miss the first day of classes, no matter what grade it is

‘’One of our dogs is sick so she took it to the vet. You know how she is with them’’

The rest of them nod and begin chatting until a figure passes by running with two children in arms and watches them enter the school right as the bell is ringing.

The woman puts her hands on her knees as she catches her breath before joining the group of women who are looking at her curiously.

‘’What happened today, Hyo?’’ Tiffany asks the woman

‘’The alarm didn’t ring. Please don’t tell Seohyun we were late or she’s not gonna stop scolding me throughout the week’’ the short blonde woman pleads her friends, who grin at her situation.

‘’Don’t worry, we won’t tell her’’ Sunny reassures her

‘’Great, thanks’’ she checks her watch, ‘’I gotta get to work, Seo is going to be dropping the kids off the rest of the week so I’ll see you guys this weekend’’

‘’Yes, see you then’’

They watch their friend hurry to her car before parting ways to their own jobs

 

 

Taeyeon enters her office to find her assistant placing a few documents on her desk

‘’Good morning Mrs. Kim’’

‘’Good morning Nayeon’’ Taeyeon smiles at the girl

‘’Here’s your coffee and the documents you will need for the board meeting later’’

‘’Thank you so much’’ the woman takes a sip of her mug and sits down to get to work.

‘’If there isn’t anything else you need, I’ll get back to my desk’’

‘’No, thanks’’

‘’Alright, excuse me’’ the girl says before turning on her heels and walking out of her office.

Taeyeon is glad she gave her that opportunity to work for her a few years ago, the girl was very much efficient and if she ever had problems with anything, she’d work hard to master it.

She had a very positive energy and brightened up the atmosphere. Taeyeon was sure she’d promote her in the future because she had the capacity to handle more responsibility, but for now, she just wasn’t ready to let her go.

The same thing happened with Hani, who now had a good position in the public relations sector. Taeyeon was reluctant for years to promote her because she was just so good by her side, but she knew she’d be even better in her current position. And indeed, the woman was doing an amazing job.

Professional wise, things have been great for Taeyeon in the past years, the company did nothing but grow. The addition of her brother on the finance area did nothing but help to it. But probably the biggest help came from her wife herself.

Tiffany had seen her so stressed over the situation with the advisers. She had just proposed a new idea to the board but it was downright rejected, and it was something she was sure was going to work.

So Tiffany had appeared for a surprise visit to their floor, deciding to drop by to each and every one of the members’ offices to have a little ‘talk’.

Taeyeon doesn’t know exactly what she said, or how she did it. But they had accepted her retirement offer. She knew they were pleased when the news of her marriage broke out, and that they had a soft spot for Tiffany, probably because Taeyeon was very much whipped for her, but she didn’t think she’d actually manage to convince them to retire.

She didn’t wait long to announce a new board of advisers with people she trusted better. And the company thrived even more.

 

Besides her work, everything else in life was fantastic for Taeyeon. She was in pretty good shape, she had a loving and supportive wife, amazing and obedient kids. A great family. What else could she ask for?

 

 

It was finally the weekend, and that meant the celebration of the twins’ 10th birthday. Her closest family, friends, and a few classmates of the kids along with their parents came together for a party on their backyard.

So far, everything was going great and everyone was having fun.

Taeyeon’s parents were enjoying some cocktails while talking to Mr. Hwang and his partner of already five years, a nice woman named Hyejin. The friendship of the four was quite tight and they would even go on cruises together.

By the pool was Leo with Nicole and their three kids, Nina, Samuel and Arthur. Next to them was Jiwoong with his wife of one year, who was carrying their first child.

Inside the pool was Hayeon playing volleyball with Michelle and the older girl’s boyfriend against some of the younger kids.

Hani was playing soccer along with her daughter Junghwa and some of the other parents and kids, while Solji was cheering them on.

 

 

Taeyeon, Tiffany and the rest of the gang were sitting near the playground area to watch on their younger ones.

‘’Aww, looks like little Yerim is sleepy’’ says Taeyeon who was holding the infant in her arms

‘’I’ll go lay her down upstairs’’ Nana stands up from her place beside Yoona and takes the girl from her aunt’s arms.

‘’Can you take Yoojung as well? She’s gonna fall asleep soon’’ Sunny points to her daughter on her lap who is rubbing her eyes.

‘’Of course. Come on Yoojungie’’ the little girl climbs down from her mother’s lap and takes her aunt’s awaiting hand.

‘’Thank you’’ Sunny tells her

Yoona observes her wife walk away with her daughter in arms and smiles to herself

‘’By that look it seems as if you want to have another baby with Nana, Yoong’’

Yoona blushes and shakes her head, ‘’Nah, we’ve talked about it and for now, Yerim is enough for us’’

‘’Really? I figured you guys wanted more’’ Jessica scrunches her brows in confusion

‘’We feel just fine. Besides, with our businesses and Yerim we have more than enough on our plates. Adding another child might just break it’’

The rest of the women nod in understatement

Each of them observes their children play around and feel their hearts growing bigger in their chests

‘’We’ve come a long way’’ Yuri speaks, a soft smile on her face

‘’Yeah, I still can’t believe all of us are happily married… and with kids nonetheless!’’ Sooyoung exclaims and takes a sip of her drink.

Tiffany thinks of how much has happened in her friends’ lives over the years

6 months after her own wedding, Jessica and Yuri had gotten married in a beautiful and of course, lavish, ceremony. Almost a year after, they had announced that Jessica was pregnant with their first child. 9 months later, a beautiful baby girl named Seungwan was born. And then, one year later, the couple welcomed their second child, a baby boy who they decided to name Jimin. They were both really kind and obedient kids. They had also adopted 3 dogs and bought a penthouse in the center of the city. Professionally wise, Jessica still owned her successful fashion line, but partnered with a rising designer to handle everything. So she could have more time for her family. Yuri on the other hand, was still the VP of Kim Co. and with Taeyeon and her at the head of the company, it did nothing but succeed. As did everything in her life.

Sunny’s career as a video game developer kept growing, as her games became quite popular, especially among young adults. Sooyoung stopped working on plays and began working as editor-in-chief for a very important fashion magazine. After getting married in a small, yet elegant, ceremony with only those closest to them, they waited a couple of years before deciding to have a baby, then Sooyoung Jr was born, and the amount of teasing the tall woman received was endless. A few years later, the couple announced their desire to add to their family, but this time, Sooyoung was going to carry the child, and that’s how precious Yoojung came to the world. Both kids were jokesters, just like their mommy Sooyoung, and loved food as much as her. After Yoojung was born, Sunny expressed her want of taking a break from working and enjoy time as a family, so they embarked in a trip across various countries, and the four of them created even more memories.

Yoona was actually the last of the group to get married. Even though she and Nana dated for years before tying the knot. The young couple were enjoying the success of their businesses and found no hurry in getting married. It was in their 5th anniversary that Yoona popped the question and Nana wasted no time in accepting. 2 months later, they were married and almost 2 years later they welcomed their first and so far only daughter, Yerim. Nana’s pregnancy had been a very difficult one, and there were several abortion scares, there were also plenty of risks and doctors even warned them of the baby not surviving birth. But the couple decided to proceed nonetheless, and it seemed heaven was on their side, for Yerim was born in perfect health. The couple cherished every single moment with their baby and gave her their everything. But, when asked about adding to the family the couple was still hesitant about going through another pregnancy. So, if they ever decided to make the family bigger, they’d opt for adopting. For now, they felt complete.

Hyoyeon and Seohyun’s story seemed like one out of a drama. Following that one night in which Taeyeon and Tiffany found them, they kept meeting behind their friends’ backs for a couple of months and spent the night together, nothing serious. But soon enough, feelings were involved and the pair decided to give dating a try. When they started officially going out together, it was all rainbows and sunshine. Until Seohyun’s job got in the way. They fought a lot because of it and even ended things on one occasion. But upon talking it out calmly, they decided they couldn’t be without the other. A couple months after, Seohyun was offered a chance to continue her research in one of the finest hospitals in the country, but it was in London. Hyoyeon told her to go, because it was a huge opportunity and the younger deserved it. What Seohyun didn’t know, was that at her goodbye party, two days before she went away for 2 years, Hyoyeon was planning a big surprise. At the end of the night, the blonde proposed, and a crying Seohyun accepted without hesitation. The next day the couple hurried to the courthouse to get married. They managed to maintain their relationship in spite of the distance, and when Seohyun finally came back, they had the wedding celebration they deserved. Years passed and talk about kids came up, but the pair wasn’t sure if they wanted to carry the children themselves. So upon visiting various orphanages, they came across two little girls, Seulgi and Chungha, and the pair immediately fell in love. The process was a bit long, but in the end, they got the family they wanted. The two girls were very passionate about dancing, something their blonde mother was very proud of, and were tremendously smart, getting the best grades of their respective classes, which made their other mother swell with pride. After everything they went through, the couple was finally established and happier than ever.

 

Their friends’ stories brought a smile to Tiffany’s face, which of course didn’t go unnoticed by her attentive wife.

‘’Why’re you smiling about?’’ Taeyeon puts her arm around her wife’s shoulder and brings her even closer to her.

‘’Nothing, I’m just really happy about how everything turned out’’

Taeyeon looked around them at their loved ones and smiled as well

‘’Me too’’


 

‘’Ma! You have to talk to Irene!’’ Kai came screaming through the door, interrupting an important phone call Taeyeon was having.

‘’I’ll get back to you in a bit, Mr. Son’’ Taeyeon hangs up and rubs her temple.

‘’That was an important client I was having a chat with. What is so important that I had to hang up?’’ Taeyeon says as calmly as she can.

‘’Don’t listen to him, mom!’’ Irene comes running in with an exasperated Tiffany behind her

‘’Do you have any idea what they’re talking about?’’ Taeyeon asks her wife

‘’Unfortunately, yes. They haven’t stopped since I picked them up’’ the woman sighs, sitting down on the sofa inside the office’’

‘’You won’t believe what this traitor did?’’ Kai yells, his face fuming in anger

‘’I didn’t do anything, he’s just making it up’’ Irene defends herself

‘’Stop it you two! Calm down and tell me what is going on?’’

‘’Irene stole her from me!’’ Kai exclaims exaggeratedly

‘’I did not!’’

‘’Wait, who’s her? Please let’s sit down and talk like normal people, no yelling’’ Taeyeon tells them and motions for them to sit beside their mother on the couch.

‘’Now, please do tell me what’s happening’’

‘’So, I was planning to ask Seungwan to be my date for the charity dance next week and guess what happened? When I finally got the courage to ask her she rejected me because she already had a date, and that date happened to be my dear sister. Of course she found out I liked Seungwan and asked her out so she could bother me’’

‘’Wait, you knew about his crush on Seungwan, Irene?’’ Taeyeon asks, not really knowing what to say about this situation

‘’No! he never told me anything, I asked Wannie because I like her, no ulterior motive whatsoever’’ Irene huffs, not really enjoying being accused like this

‘’Of course you didn’t!’’ Kai mocks

‘’That’s it!’’ Irene explodes and punches his brother in the arm, who winces at the pain shooting through it and hits her knee

‘’Hey, hey!’’ Tiffany stands up, red in anger, and separates the two. The twins instantly stop, knowing better than to disobey an angry Tiffany

‘’Apologize to each other right now’’ Taeyeon’s voice is firm, leaving no room for arguments

‘’I’m sorry’’

‘’I’m sorry’’

‘’Good, now. Let’s discuss your problem. First, Kai, your sister says she had no idea you liked Seungwan. She acted on her own feelings, so she’s not to blame. And if Seungwan accepted her, the feeling must be mutual. I’m sorry you found yourself hurt in the middle of that’’

The boy lowers his head and nods slowly, ‘’I know, I’m sorry. I was just mad’’

‘’We understand, love. But that’s just how it goes sometimes, not all those who we like, will like us back’’ Tiffany says softly while rubbing his back

‘’The only thing you can do is move on. You can ask another person to be your date, or you can skip the dance if you prefer’’ Taeyeon nudges his side

‘’I think for now I’ll skip it’’

‘’It’s okay, you’ll be okay’’ the brunette reassures the young boy

‘’Thanks moms’’

‘’And you, young lady. Whatever your relationship with Seungwan is, be careful, and most importantly, be respectful. I don’t want your aunt Yuri or aunt Jessica bringing down our door because you did something’’ Taeyeon warns her daughter

The girl groans and throws her head back, ‘’Yes, mom’’

‘’Don’t talk to your mother like that’’ Tiffany reprimands, ‘’and don’t think we won’t be looking out for you two. Take it easy, you’re both young and it is your first relationship after all’’

The young girl nods her head and her mothers give her a kiss.

‘’Okay, now that it’s all settled. Go outside for a bit, I have something very important to talk to your mother about’’ Tiffany says

‘’Ugh! You just want to make out with each other!’’ Kai complains

The couple laughs at his reaction before waiting for the door to close.

‘’We really have to make up something new’’ Tiffany says while rubbing their noses together

Taeyeon merely hums and captures her wife’s lips between her own. Even after more than 15 years together, Tiffany still made her feel those signature butterflies in her tummy every time they kissed.

After a few moments, they separate with a bright smile on their faces

‘’Can you believe the kids are actually dating each other?’’ Tiffany grins

‘’I know, I bet Seulgi and Junior are next’’

‘’Oh my, that would be quite the pair’’

‘’Hmmm, I just hope Irene and Wan take good care of each other’s hearts’’ Taeyeon ponders

‘’Just like you did with mine’’ Tiffany whispers before joining their lips once more

 

‘’Hey babe, I’m still stuck in the house, can you pick up the kids?’’

‘’I don’t know, I’m finishing some documents’’

‘’Oh’’ there’s a pause in the line, ‘’It’s okay, I’ll just see if one of the girls can drop them off, then’’

‘’No! don’t worry, I’ll pick them up and finish my work at home’’

‘’Are you sure, I don’t want to interrupt-‘’

‘’Of course, I’ll see you later, honey’’

‘’Bye babe’’

Taeyeon huffs, she hasn’t had much time for her family lately due to a project she and Yuri are handling.

She gathers her things and leaves her office, letting her assistant know she’s going to work from home.

When she arrives at the academy, she notices two figures waiting at the drop off area. She stops and lets the kids enter the car.

‘’Hi sweeties’’ she greets them

‘’Mom? Where’s out other mom?’’

‘’At home’’

‘’Oh’’ is all they say

‘’Why? Are you not happy to see me?’’ she asks

‘’It’s not that, we’re just surprised to see you’’

Taeyeon saddens at that, she knows she has neglected her family. But seeing it actually breaks her heart. She promises that as soon as she finishes with this project she’s going to take some time away for her and her family. Because she needs them as much as they need her.

The woman uses this little free time to treat the kids to some of their favorite ice cream, their eyes light up when they see the familiar shop and it’s those smiles that Taeyeon wants to see in their faces forever.

When they arrive home, they can almost savor the smell of Tiffany’s delicious cooking. As they seat at the table in front of the mouth-watering food, they talk just about anything.

‘’Sweeties, college applications are around the corner, have you thought about where you’re applying to?’’ Tiffany asks as she takes a spoonful of soup

Taeyeon notices Kai looks excited but Irene is fidgeting in her seat.

‘’I’m applying to Seoul Arts to study dancing’’ the boy proudly announces

‘’As expected from our dancing machine’’ Tiffany teases him

‘’That’s great, son. And what about you Irene?’’

The girl takes a big breath and is about to speak but no words come out from .

‘’Irene, you remember what we always say, right?’’ Tiffany asks her daughter upon not hearing her answer

‘’Never be afraid to tell you anything’’ the girl completes and takes another deep breath and closes her eyes

‘’Okay. I want to go to med school’’ she slowly opens her eyes to gauge for her mothers’ reactions

‘’I think that’s great, honey. Why were you scared to tell us?’’ Tiffany questions her daughter

‘’I heard mom and grandpa Yunho talking the other day, they said they hoped I took upon business so I could succeed mom in the company’’

Taeyeon frowns at the response, ‘’We did talk about it, but if was just a thought. If you had listened to it completely you would have heard us saying it was only if you were interested’’

‘’Really?’’ the girl’s eyes are round in surprise

‘’Yeah, do you really think we’d force you to study something you didn’t want? We want you to be happy, love. And if medicine it’s what you want, we can’t object. We can only offer you my full support’’

‘’Thank you moms, you’re the best’’ the girl stands up and envelopes them in a hug, only to be joined by Kai a moment later.

It’s moments like these, where the four of them are wrapped around each other’s arms that makes them feel nothing but safe and loved.

 

 

 

Taeyeon decides to surprise her family one day, so, she comes home on the first day of the spring break with 4 airplane tickets to Hawaii. Her wife and kids can’t contain their excitement and tackle her to the floor.

Just after finishing her project, she had gone online and got the tickets, deciding to reward her family for putting up with her absence. Yuri was going to handle everything in the meantime and she had even taken care of Tiffany’s own job.

The next day, they board the plane for the one that’d be one of the best vacations in their life.

 

Hawaii is everything they’d hope it would be and more. The fresh air, the smell of the ocean, the feeling of the sand between their fingers. Every single thing was perfect.

They did nothing but relax and spend time together. The memories that they were making on that place would be saved forever in their hearts and minds. The couple wanted nothing more than to make their kids feel loved. Sometimes their jobs got in the way of spending time with their children, so they took chances like these to prove to them that they are working hard for them so they could enjoy times like these.

As the pair watched their kids swim in the pool, they think about their near future. Soon, they would be starting college and be on their way to become even greater people. It seems as just yesterday they were the two little naughty infants who played pranks on them. Now, they were almost adults who did nothing but make them feel proud. Since little, Kai enrolled into Hyoyeon’s dance academy and along with her own children, became a few of the best. Winning recognition across the country for the way he moved. Irene had the highest grades of her generation and went to win several awards in knowledge competitions. In their own ways, their children made them swell with pride.

 

 

‘’Hey, Tae’’ Tiffany calls out to her as she walks out from a store at the mall, the same mall they met all those years ago. She was sitting in a bench playing with her phone

‘’What’s up, darling?’’ she says as she looks up from her game

‘’Have you seen the twins? We were buying some shoes and suddenly they disappeared’’

Taeyeon lets out some air and shakes her head, ‘’No, but I’ll go find them, you go back inside the shop’’

‘’Okay, babe. Let me know when you find them’’ the brunette says before pecking her lips

Taeyeon walks around the mall for a few minutes until she notices two figures crouching behind a bench near the cinema.

She silently walks over to them and swiftly grabs them from the collar of their shirts

‘’Wha-‘’

‘’Let’s wait until your mom sees you’’ Taeyeon laughs as she drags them to the shop Tiffany was in

‘’Babe, I found them. They were hiding from you, again’’ the shorty tells her wife

‘’Were they?’’ Tiffany raises an eyebrow

‘’I guess some things never change’’ Taeyeon shrugs her shoulders

‘’I guess they don’t. Thank you for finding them, you’re my hero’’

‘’Whenever you lose them, I will always find them’’


ah this is the end guys!  sorry if you cringe at the last words

to explain a bit, the 1st part was about a year and some months after taeny's wedding, it was to show how life was for them after getting married. the second part was around 7 years later, now we see taeny and the rest of the gang all married and with kids and we got to learn about what happened with them in those years. and the final part was 15 years later. where we see our dear twins all grown up and some of the things and feelings they face as youngsters.

thank you for sticking with this story for almost a year, it was truly a ride writing this. thank you for all your comments, your subs, your upvotes and your patience with the slow updates.

we'll see each other in my next stories, yes plural! because my has two different stories in mind and i'm just going to write them both at the same time. if you want to read them when they're uploaded, click 'follow stories' on my profile and you'll get a notification. 

that's all from me.

see you soon!

 

~~~summerstormz