kairene strikes yet again

losing and finding

Notes at the end. Enjoy the reading!


‘’Come on Irene, open up! Here comes the plane!’’ Taeyeon says as she makes some flying sounds and aims the little spoon to Irene’s mouth.

The little girl giggles at the playful blonde, who uses this opportunity to carefully put the food inside Irene’s mouth.

‘’Tasty, isn’t it’’

Tiffany smiles at the interaction while feeding Kai. It’s a quiet Saturday, and they’re planning to enjoy the whole day just the four of them.

‘’What do you say we go to the carnival?’’

Tiffany’s eyes light up at the mention of the carnival, ‘’that would be so much fun!’’ the brunette claps, showing her excitement.

‘’It’s settled then’’ the blonde nods and turns to the kids ‘’you hear that guys? We’re going to the carnival! Yay!’’

 

On the way to the carnival, Tiffany gets a call from Sunjung

‘’Yes, is there something wrong?’’

She listens for a few seconds before her eyes widen and she exclaims loudly, ‘’What?!’’

‘’But, how can there be a problem? We met every single requirement just like last time’’

She huffs angrily and rubs her temples with her unoccupied hand, ‘’fine, I’ll see you in a bit’’ the brunette says before ending the call.

‘’Can you drive me to my office, please?’’ the brunette says as soon as she locks her cellphone

‘’What happened?’’ the blonde asks, making a U-turn to drop Tiffany off at her office building

‘’We have a problem with some permits, apparently they want us to present our bills because there’s been some sort of inconsistency or something’’

The blonde watches her girlfriend throw her head back in frustration and cover her eyes with her hands.

‘’I’m sorry to ruin our day, but I really need to tend to this matter’’

‘’It’s okay, don’t worry’’ the blonde says with a reassuring smile on her face and a small squeeze of her girlfriend’s thigh.

‘’Would you be okay with watching the kids while I’m at the office?’’ she asks peeking through her fingers

‘’Of course. You focus on your job and I’ll take the kids, okay?’’

‘’Thank, Tae’’ she kisses her girlfriend’s cheek quickly as a thank you.

 

 

‘’Alright, I’ll let you know when I’m done, hopefully this won’t take long’’ Tiffany says while unfastening her seatbelt and turning to plant a kiss to her children’s heads. ‘’Be good, okay?’’

She then turns to the blonde in the driver’s seat and leans in a little, the petite woman meeting her halfway. They share a sweet kiss for a few seconds before pulling away with a smile.

‘’If anything happens, do not hesitate in calling me’’ Tiffany opens the door puts one feet on the ground, not completely going out of the car.

‘’Relax, Fany. We’re gonna be fine. Now go’’ she playfully slaps the brunette’s bottom, who can only widen her eyes a bit in return, ‘’Sunjung is already waiting for you at the entrance’’ And indeed, the slim blond was standing at the entrance of the building, and as he notices her, he waves at his fellow blond, who smiles and waves in return.

The brunette sighs before finally exiting the car and making her way towards her assistant. Taeyeon watches her enter the building before pulling off the little driveway.

‘’What do you guys say we go to the park while we wait for mommy to finish’’ the blonde asks the little kids but she only hears a few babbles as a response.

‘’I’ll take that as a yes’’

 

When people asked Taeyeon if she ever saw herself with kids, her answer was always an ‘’absolutely not’’. It’s not that she disliked them, it was that they disliked her. Every time she came close to one, they’d instantly cry, for no apparent reason. And over the years, that convinced Taeyeon she was just not the kid type. She avoided being left alone with children, or spending big amounts of time with them. They would just stare at her as if judging her before crying, and crying, and crying. Nothing the blonde did would calm them down, making funny faces, talking to them in a baby voice, bouncing them on her lap, nothing!. If anything, it would make them cry even louder.

But now, here she was, pushing Kai and Irene on the swings, while they laugh their little bottoms off. Seeing them laugh like makes her laugh with them and she doesn’t hesitate to ask Dongwoo to record them with her cellphone to save it as a memory. Once she feels they’ve gotten bored of the swings, she takes them by the hand to the special playground area designed for the little kids.

She helps them up the little steps to the slide, and then leads them to the ball pond, that once they see it, they get excited and run towards it and jump, as high as their little legs let them, in it.

Taeyeon could watch them have fun forever. It’s become one of her favorite activities lately, watch them enjoy themselves, with not a care in the world. There are times in which she has thought about the future, and she would like to legally make the kids hers, too. The blonde knows it would be a difficult process, it would take some time too, but it’s a step she would like to take in the future. In the short time she and Tiffany have been dating, she considers the two as hers already. But she has never uttered a word to her girlfriend because she might think she’s moving too fast. So she saves this conversation for later, when she feels they’re ready.

She takes out her phone and records them throwing the rubber balls at each other and chasing one another in the pool. She sends it to the group chat she has with the other six girls and Tiffany.

 

Taeyeon: We’re at the park having fun!

Taeyeon: [Video attached]

Sica: Oh my gosh! How cute!

Yoong: Awww!

Sunny: I wish I was there to hear those laughs in person <3

Yul: Me too, I miss those little cuties! Give them a kiss from Aunt Yul’s part

Yul: Oh and from Aunt Jessie too!

Hyo: And from their cool Aunt Hyo too!

Seo: My babies!! They look like they’re having a blast :*

Seo: I also haven’t seen them in so long, I miss them.

Soo: Cutest. Kids. Ever.

Soo: Where’s Tiff?, I didn’t see her in the vid

Yoong: Yeah, I was just about to ask that too

Taeyeon: I’ll be sure to give them all the kisses their aunts send them kkkk

Taeyeon: And Fany is a little busy arranging some things at work

Sunny: Oh that’s unfortunate, working on a weekend is the worst.

Taeyeon: Yeah :/ but there was nothing she could do about it. Hopefully she’ll be over with it soon and we can enjoy the rest of the day together :)

 

The blonde puts her phone away and continues watching the little balls of energy until they start slowing down, signaling they’re tired. She takes them out of the pond and carries them to her vehicle, planning to take them to her apartment and give them a bath before they take their noon nap.

 

Bath time goes by smoothly, the three of them have fun playing with the bubbles in the tub. Soon, the little ones are dressed comfortably, thanks to some clothes Tiffany has left on some occasions she’s been there, and are ready to be put to bed.

The minute they’re laid down on Taeyeon’s bed, the blonde can hear the light snoring coming from their mouths. She smiles and puts some pillows around them to make sure they don’t fall off the bed. She takes out some clothes and heads to the bathroom to take a shower herself, being out in the sun made her sweat a lot and even if she doesn’t really smell, her skin feels a little sticky.

Taeyeon decides to watch a movie on Netflix while the kids sleep, she puts a bag of caramelized popcorn in the microwave and gets set on the couch, Ginger resting by her side.

A couple of minutes after the movie ends, she hears some crying coming from her room, meaning Kai and Irene are up. Ginger instantly gets up from the couch and heads to her room, the blonde follows him and sees him jump on her bed, their cheeks a little, which effectively makes them stop crying as they sit on the bed and pat his black fur.

She giggles at the sight and takes a picture, ‘’Good afternoon’’ she says sweetly and kisses the top of their heads. ‘’Come on, let’s go to the living room’’.

The blonde takes them in her arms and carries them to the huge space that is the living room/dining room/kitchen. She secures them in their special seats and looks through her kitchen cabinets.

‘’Good thing I have some of that milk you drink for days like these’’

She prepares their bottles and hands it to them, watching them down the liquid in a matter of minutes.

‘’Wow, you were really thirsty huh?’’ she laughs and ruffles their hair.

‘’Let’s rest those bellies and watch a movie, yeah?’’

With the twins in her lap, she scrolls through the animated movie section of Netflix and chooses Spirit. ‘’Okay, here we go, I hope I don’t cry this time’’.

She sits with her legs up on the couch and rest her head on a pillow, soon after, her eyes begin to feel heavy and she decides to close them for a bit, thinking the kids will be so engrossed in the movie to move.

What she doesn’t notice while she was asleep was that she accidentally turned off the tv by shifting a bit and crushing the remote with her back.

The twins begin to get bored and manage to hop off a deeply asleep Taeyeon, they begin walking around the house, Ginger trailing after them. But then they get curious about one of Taeyeon’s rooms so they make their way there and somehow close the door before ginger can enter.

The dog barks before running to his owner and uses her paws to wake her up, ‘’Ginger, what did I tell you about waking me up?’’, she gets on her side but then a lack of weight on her body makes her spring up from the couch and look around frantically.

‘’The kids! God, how could I fall asleep when I was supposed to take care of them?’’.

Ginger tugs at the bottom of her pants and then runs away to the hallway, Taeyeon following behind. The black poodle stops at the door of her home office and barks. The blonde can hear some sound inside and quickly opens the door, she scans the place but doesn’t find them right away, but a little foot by her desk reveals their position. They probably think they haven’t been spotted so the blonde decides to play along. She quietly crawls her way to the wooden desk and surprises Kai and Irene

‘’Got you!’’. They let out a scream before erupting into laughter as Taeyeon lifts them one by one in the air.

‘’Let’s get out of here, okay? This isn’t a place for children’’. They take each of the blonde’s hands and leave the room along with Ginger.

 

An hour later, Tiffany calls.

‘’Hey Tae, how are things going?’’

Taeyeon looks at the two figures seating in their high chairs in front of the tv, eating messily and smiles.

‘’Wonderful, how’s the situation there?’’

She hears her girlfriend sigh on the other line before speaking, ‘’fine, we spent a lot of time checking bill by bill of the last three years with them. And in the end, apparently, it was all a mistake on their part. We’re almost done here, they’re just correcting some things, so I’ll be with you in like an hour. Where are you guys by the way?’’

‘’My apartment. Want me to go pick you up when you’re done?’’

‘’No need, Sunjung can drop me off at your place’’

‘’Alright, see you then baby’’ Tiffany is glad Taeyeon can’t see the blush on her cheeks right now.

‘’Bye, baby’’ she says before quickly hanging up.

Taeyeon smiles at the nickname, Tiffany and her don’t use endearments that frequently but she hopes they get more comfortable with them as time goes by.

She heads to the living room to be closer to the twins and she breaks into laughter when she sees their faces covered in the carrot puree they were eating. She looks for some wipes and cleans their faces off, giving a soundly kiss to their fat cheeks.

‘’I love you guys so much, you know that right?’’

She tells them, and Taeyeon swears they can understand her because they lean forward and extend their arms to her, and once there, they bury their little heads in Taeyeon’s chest. Tears falling down the blonde’s cheeks and she hugs their little bodies tighter.

 

When there’s 40 minutes left for Tiffany to arrive, Taeyeon orders some pizza from the brunette’s favorite place. She looks to the kids who are busy playing with some toys on the carpet of her living room. She uses the time to go out to her balcony and water her plants. She slides the glass door and leaves it open.

She’s so focused on her plants that she fails to notice the little hands sliding the door, closing it. It’s only when she hears the lock activate she whips her head away from the plants and towards the door. Her eyes almost fall out of their place when she tries to open it, but to no avail. Automatic lock be damned.

She pounds on the glass and she watches as the pair giggle and wave at her innocently before walking away to the living room.

‘’Hey!’’ she squints her eyes at them, sometimes she forgets how mischievous they can be.

‘’Wait until your mom finds out, there’ll be no more carrot puree for you!’’ she tries to threaten them. Until she realizes her attempts are futile

  1. The kids can’t understand her
  2. They wouldn’t know how to open the door again
  3. Even if by some miracle that would allow them to be able to unlock the door, they would probably leave her there and watch her suffer because they turn to little devils sometimes

Then, she gets an idea. Thankfully she keeps her phone with her at all times. She scrolls through her contact list until she gets to the bottom. She presses call and after the first few rings, the person on the other line answers.

‘’Hey Yul, listen I don’t have much time to explain but could you please come home quickly? It’s sort of an emergency’’

‘’Yes, thank you and please hurry up’’.

She hangs up and looks at the kids who are now hugging, more like squishing, Ginger.

‘’Don’t worry buddy, you’ll be free soon!’’ she places her hand on the glass and looks sympathetically at her dog.

Ten minutes later, Yuri comes running through the door

‘’Taeng! I’m here!’’ the tanned woman says looking around, her eyes falling on the two figures on the living room carpet

‘’Hey guys, where’s Taeyeon?’’ obviously, the twins don’t answer but they do run to her Aunt and hug her legs. Setting a relieved Ginger free. The tall woman crouches down to their level and pinches their cheeks. She’s about to take them in her arms when she hears some noise coming from the balcony.

She can’t help but laugh out loud when she notices Taeyeon locked out of her apartment.

‘’Hey! Stop laughing Yul. It’s not funny!’’ the blonde pouts

‘’I’m sorry, I know’’ the tanned woman wipes an imaginary tear from her eyes and walks closer to Taeyeon, she’s about to unlock it when she decides to take a picture.

‘’Was that really necessary?’’ says the blonde once she enters her apartment again.

‘’Yes’’ Yuri simply answers.

‘’Thank you Yul. Now, I don’t want to be rude, but Tiffany is about to come home and I don’t want her to see you here and think something happened’’

‘’Don’t worry, besides, I left some business unfinished at home’’ she says with a wiggle of her eyebrows.

‘’Oookay, that’s enough from you. Bye’’

 

 

When Tiffany arrives, Taeyeon is busy chasing the kids through the house. The three of them are laughing and obviously having a good time.

‘’I’m home!’’ she announces and three pair of eyes turn to her.

Soon, they run to where she’s standing. The kids lifting their arms to be held, and once in their mother’s arms, they hug her. The blonde just leans forward and gives her girlfriend’s lips a peck.

‘’Come, there’s pizza from Joe’s waiting for you’’

‘’Aww, thank you so much Tae’’

‘’No need to thank me, it’s the least I could do for you for having to go to work on a Saturday’’

‘’You’re the best’’ she gives the blonde a short kiss on the lips, humming at the contact, ‘’also, thank you for watching the kids’’ another kiss, ‘’I hope they didn’t cause much trouble’’

‘’Oh, absolutely none. Besides, you know’’ the blonde smiles tenderly at her girlfriend, ‘’we’re a family now’’

Tiffany’s eyes disappear into their crescent moon shape at Taeyeon’s words.

‘’That we are’’.


 

First of all, i'm SO SORRY for taking so long to update.

between my lack of inspiration and the whole soshi situation, i couldn't write much. when the album first came out (i actually stayed up until it dropped, it was 4am here) i couldn't stop listening to it and did literally nothing but that, then as the WEEK of promotion went by, the obvious sabotage they suffered got to me, it made me cry so much because they deserve so much more than the sh*t they got. it made me angry at sm and at the korean media for doing this to them. then the contract situation came and i got scared, but other sones' words made me calm myself down and just trust out girls. and i did just that.

then, school started and i found myself drowning in homework and had even less time to write, even on weekends i had so much homework i couldn't write more than a couple hundred words. but this weekend i thought it was already too much time (for me) without updating, so i made my homework in advance to have some free time to write, and thankfully, my inspiration returned so i was able to write this. i hope you enjoyed it. thank you for reading. i really mean it.

please COMMENT on what you thought, your words really help me with the whole writing process.

 

and lastly, thank you for all the support. the upvotes, the subs, it's all even more than i ever imagined.

oh and in regards to the chapter, what Taeyeon said about the kids being hers WILL be addressed later on. 

 

don't forget to keep supporting our girls!! 

 

~~~summerstormz