helping thy love interest... i mean neighbor

losing and finding

‘’shut up! Let me sleep, please!’’ a very tired Tiffany yelled at her phone when her alarm rang at 6:30 in the morning, an enormous headache overcoming her.

She slowly untangled herself from the sheets, feeling them and realizing she was not home, she looked around the room and recognized it as Seohyun’s guest room. She got up with some difficulty and headed for the bathroom inside the guest room. She washed her face and looked for the neon pink toothbrush that she used when she stayed over. She took a shower and rummaged through the closet in the room for some of the clothes she had there, finding a simple white blouse and some dress pants, and to top it off, some black heels. She stood up, having finished putting on her shoes and stumbled a little, still feeling a little dizzy because of her previous drinking and she sits down again

‘’hmm maybe wearing heels is not a good idea right now’’ she searches from some flats and finds a pair of Ralph Lauren loafers. She stands up and heads to the kitchen, where she finds the youngest cooking breakfast and Jessica, Sooyoung and Yoona, looking very hangover, sitting on the kitchen stools

‘’good morning’’

‘’Jesus Christ Steph, don’t scream’’ Jessica complains

‘’Unnie, sit down, breakfast is almost ready’’ she points to one of the free stools on the kitchen island

‘’you didn’t have to bother, Seo’’

‘’it’s nothing, I like taking care of you guys’’

‘’you’re the best, I love you. And thank you for driving us last night, we must have been a pain in the ’’ the brunette says as she comes closer to Seohyun and kisses her cheek

‘’don’t worry, unnie. Here, have some pancakes’’ she puts a couple of them on Tiffany’s plate and continues to serve her other hangover unnies, each muttering an almost inaudible ‘thanks’ to her

‘’do you remember anything from last night?’’ Seohyun asks

‘’only bits, I remember drinking, a lot of drinking, some dancing’’

‘’you don’t remember anything else? Like that you danced with Taeyeon-ssi?’’

Tiffany almost chokes on the coffee that Seohyun handed her ‘’Taeyeon?’’

‘’oh yes, you guys danced a lot’’

Then the memories start coming, one by one ‘’oh my god! Please tell me that I did not grind against Taeyeon, that this is all a dream’’

‘’sorry unnie, but don’t worry, she didn’t seem bothered, not at all’’

‘’I can’t believe this, I shouldn’t have gone anywhere near her while I was drunk. You guys know how I get. How am I going to face her again after this?’’

‘’don’t worry unnie, I’m sure she’ll understand the state you were both in and forget about it’’

‘’I hope so’’ she resumes to eating her pancakes

‘’So, unnie’’ the youngest begins ‘’what time are you dropping off the twins today?’’

Tiffany’s head shoots up, causing it to hurt because of the sudden movement

‘’oh, ’’

‘’unnie, language’’

‘’sorry, I forgot about that completely, are you sure you can do it today? Because if you can’t I’ll just-‘’

Seohyun places her hands above Tiffany’s to calm her down

‘’of course I can, just bring them over when you can, and I’ll watch them until Nayeon comes to pick them up once she’s done with school, don’t worry, everything’s under control. I know you are going to have a busy day, with the Kim Co. project starting and all’’

Tiffany stands up suddenly, still chewing on a piece of pancake and quickly downs the cup of coffee Seohyun had given her

‘’I forgot about that too! Shoot! I have to pick up the kids from my dad’s house, bring them back, go to the office to pick up some documents for the project and then go to Kim Co.’’ she looks at the clock on the wall ‘’and I’m already late’’ she throws her head back in frustration, regretting it immediately.

‘’unnie!’’ Seohyun shakes her shoulders lightly ‘’calm down, I can go pick up Kai and Irene from your dad’s so you don’t have to drive there and then back here’’

Tiffany sniffs and hugs Seohyun ‘’would you do that, Juhyun?’ she says with hopeful eyes

‘’yeah’’ she turns to the other 3 girls in the room, who have been like the dead sitting in the stools, ‘’would you guys be okay if I go out for a moment?’’

‘’sure, don’t worry Hyun, we’ll just’’ Sooyoung motions to nothing in particular ‘’hang out in here while you’re gone’’

‘’alright’’ she returns her attention to Tiffany ‘’can you drive?’’

‘’yeah, the coffee helped a lot’’

‘’Okay, you can head out now, I’ll go pick up the kids in a moment’’

‘’thank you so much Seo’’ she kisses both of her cheeks and heads to the door ‘’I’ll see you guys later’’ she shouts to her friends as she heads out, hearing Jessica shout ‘’quiet!’’ when she closes the door.

 

Tiffany’s on the elevator to Yuri’s office when she gets hit with a sense of nervousness, what if she sees Taeyeon? How is she supposed to look her in the eye after the rather embarrassing scene in the club? God, they barely know each other, she shouldn’t have drank that much alcohol around the blonde when she knows how touchy she gets. She only hopes the girl doesn’t remember.

The elevator doors open and she looks both ways of the long hallway before stepping out, making sure Taeyeon is nowhere in sight. She spots Taeyeon’s assistant, Hani, on her desk, with her head so deep in paperwork that she doesn’t seem to notice her.

She tries to walk as slowly and quietly to Yuri’s office in one end of the floor so that she doesn’t alert anyone. She can see the vicepresident’s assistant on her desk, right outside Yuri’s office. She hears the elevator ding and the doors open, she freezes in her place, fearing encountering the person she’s been trying to avoid.

She feels a hand on her shoulder and she jumps a little

‘’ahhhhh!!’’ she spins around and sees it’s only Yuri

‘’woah there, sorry, I didn’t mean to come up to you like that’’ Yuri scratches the back of her head while Tiffany places her hands on her chest

‘’it’s okay, let’s just forget this ever happened’’

‘’alright, let’s enter my office’’

‘’of course’’

Yuri greets her assistant, Hayoung, with a smile ‘’Hayoung-ah, if anyone comes looking for me tell them I’m in a meeting with Ms. Hwang, alright?’’

‘’Sure, Ms. Kwon’’ the girl smiles brightly at her boss and continues with her work

They enter the tall girl’s office and Tiffany sits on Yuri’s office couch, taking some documents out of her bag and placing them on the glass table in front of her, Yuri taking her place just beside her.

They discuss some details about the project for some time until Yuri asks for a break and stands up to take an aspirin out of her medicine cabinet

‘’how can you look so normal right now? After how much we drank last night?’’ the tanned girl asks while sipping on a glass of water

Tiffany laughs shyly and turns her whole body to the other girl ‘’I’m actually not that good, my head still hurts a little. But I am better than the rest of my friends’’

‘’oh, how’s-, you know, how’s your friend, what was her name?’’ she puts a finger on her chin, trying to be and sound casual, she snaps her fingers ‘’Jessica, that’s right, how’s Jessica?’’

Tiffany smirks, knowingly ‘’she’s been better, but she’ll be alright, I think all that fun last night might have been a little too much for her’’ she finishes her sentence with a wink and the taller girl can do nothing but blush.

 

 

 

Tiffany writes in her pad all of Yuri’s thoughts on color schemes, on material, on everything she says. Sure, she’s paid to design it, but it’s always easier when the client is clear about what they want.

After being clear about the specifics, Tiffany and Yuri make an appointment for the next day to start, she plans to bring her team down and if possible, to start ordering some materials.

They end the meeting and after a friendly handshake, Tiffany walks out of Yuri’s office. She waves Hayoung goodbye and heads towards the elevator, its doors open and oh crap, they reveal a very tired Taeyeon, with some shades on, obviously to hide her hangover look.

As soon as the blonde spots her, her face breaks into a huge smile, and two seconds later it turns into a shy one

‘’Tiffany, hi’’ the small girl says, a bit quietly

‘’Oh, hello, Taeyeon. How are you?’’ she asks politely

‘’besides the headache and slight numbness in my body? I guess I’m okay’’ the blonde jokes

Tiffany laughs softly and they stand there awkwardly for a good 30 seconds before Taeyeon clears

‘’would you like to go to my office for a cup of coffee? Or tea?’’

Tiffany knows she should decline, the feeling of nervousness settling in her stomach again, but has other plans

‘’a tea would be nice’’ the blonde girl smiles and leads Tiffany to her office, greeting Hani and kindly asking for two cups of tea

‘’so, how’s the project coming together?’’ Taeyeon asks once they’re both seated on her leather couch

‘’great, I’m bringing a couple of people tomorrow to get some measurements and pictures of the lobby, which is the first place Yuri wants renovated. Then, after we finish with the whole lobby, we’ll move along to the other floors and finally this one, first outside and then Yuri’s office and lastly yours’’

‘’the best for last’’ the blonde laughs. There’s a soft knock on the door and Hani enters a few seconds later

‘’Here’s your tea, Ms. Kim’’ she places it in front of Taeyeon, who mutters a thank you at the girl ‘’and here’s yours, Ms. Hwang’’

‘’Thank you, Hani-ssi’’

The athletic girl bows and exits the office

A little silence settles as both women sips at their teas

‘’So…’’ Taeyeon begins ‘’about last night’’

Tiffany’s eyes shot up and she settles down her tea, sitting straight and preparing for the embarrassment that’s sure to come

‘’I’m sorry’’ she hears the blonde mumble and she blinks ‘’what?’’

‘’I’m sorry if I made you any sort of uncomfortable with my drunken attitude’’ the blonde plays with her hands as she speaks

‘’no, if there’s anyone who should be sorry here is me. I was the one who’’ the brunette takes a breath ‘’made things uncomfortable, I’m sorry, I get a little bit crazy when there’s lots of alcohol involved’’

‘’hey, we were both really drunk, let’s just forget this ever happened, okay?’’

‘’yeah, I think that’s the best’’

Tiffany was worried her actions would affect her relationship with Taeyeon, whatever it was. But she was glad the girl understood and wanted to put it in the past.

They continue sipping their tea in a comfortable silence, the hot liquid going down their throats making them feel better.

Tiffany’s phone vibrates against the glass coffee table, letting the owner know she had a new message. The brunette reaches for it and when she opens the message, she instantly smiles, her eyes disappearing. Taeyeon sees her smile and a smile of her own appears on her face. She enters a sort of trance that seems to happen every time the brunette smiles. Suddenly she notices the other girl trying to get her attention

‘’Taeyeon, are you okay?’’ she asks with her brows furrowed

‘’sorry, sorry, I was just thinking about something’’ she says quickly ‘’what were you saying’’

‘’I just wanted to show you this photo the babysitter sent me of the twins’’ Tiffany says with so much love in her voice. Taeyeon could listen to the other girl talk about her children for hours. It’s just the way she talks about them, with the biggest smile on her face, nothing but love lacing her voice, the way that every parent should talk about their kids.

‘’oh, let me see, let me see’’ she scoots closer to the brunette to get a better look

The picture sent by Nayeon, who she supposes is the babysitter’s name, is of the twins sleeping on their crib, but Kai has one of his little arms over Irene’s belly.

‘’oh my god, just when I thought they couldn’t get cuter’’

After those words left Taeyeon’s mouth, Tiffany turns to look at her, something akin to warmth in her eyes

‘’thank you, Taeyeon. I really appreciate your care for my babies’’

‘’anyone would be crazy not to’’ at that, Tiffany looks down, a dark expression on her face

‘’yeah, crazy’’ Tiffany’s words not being missed by Taeyeon, who wouldn’t have been able to hear it if she wasn’t seated next to the brunette. She feels as if it has to do with the twins’ father, and she wants to ask, she really does. But she also knows that they’re not quite there yet, they haven’t reached that level of trust with each other to be talking about such deep and private things. She’s sure that if she and Tiffany keep frequenting each other and consequently develop a friendship, she’ll tell her. Right now she has to respect her privacy. So she decides to make as she didn’t notice and change the subject.

‘’how old are they, by the way’’

‘’they turned 1 two months ago’’ the brunette seems relieved about the change of subject, but happy to keep talking about her children. At first she thought Taeyeon wouldn’t be interested in hearing about them, like many people without children are. Like she was before she had them. But the blonde seems genuinely interested, and Tiffany loves it. Even though she has only known Taeyeon for a very short period of time, there are a lot of things she likes about her, one of those things being how she enjoys the time she spends with her children and how her children seemed to like her instantly. This thought brings her back to her first meeting with Yuri and how natural Taeyeon looked with both her kids on her lap. And how a certain feeling of warmth she hasn’t felt in a long time washed over her. She tries to put this last thought at the back of her mind, not wanting to think complicated things like that at the moment.

‘’they’re going to start walking any day now’’

The brunette frowns ‘’and that kind of worries me a little, if they give me scares like these when they can’t walk, I can’t imagine how will it be when they can actually walk. Or worse run’’

Tiffany seems really concerned so Taeyeon, on an impulse, grabs one of her hands and gives it a soft squeeze, but doesn’t let it go ‘’you’ve done great so far, I’m sure you’ll do great no matter what’’

‘’you are too sweet Taeyeon, how are you still single?’’ the brunette says softly

‘’I know right’’ she jokes and receives a soft hit on her arm from Tiffany

From there, the conversation strays from the twins to the project, Tiffany took note about Yuri’s wishes when it comes to the style, but now that she has the opportunity she wants to take Taeyeon’s too, it is their company after all, even when Yuri assured her Taeyeon only wants to give some input when it comes to her personal office.

After some time talking, Tiffany stands up, ready to go ‘’well, it seems we’ll have to continue another day’’

‘’leaving already?’’ the blonde seems a little disappointed

‘’yeah, Nayeon has to go home before 5’’

‘’oh, I guess I’ll see you later, then’’ the blonde extends her hand to Tiffany for a handshake and the other takes it while smiling but also leans forwards to give a quick kiss to Taeyeon’s cheek

‘’come on Taeyeon, we’re not closing a deal, we can have proper goodbyes’’

Taeyeon feels her face get a little hot and scratches her nape ‘’sorry, you’re right’’

‘’alright, now that that’s settled, we’ll see each other soon’’

‘’bye Tiffany’’

The brunette waves the smaller girl as she makes her way out of the office, when she closes the door, Taeyeon goes to sit in her desk chair with the intention of doing some work since there’s still a bit over two more hours so she can go, but the brightness of the screen hurt her eyes so she decides to just go home earlier and let Hani go home too.

 

 

The next day, Taeyeon wakes up feeling like a brand new person, she hasn’t felt this good waking up in a long time, she decides to take a little time to do her usual things, she doesn’t have many pending things at the office anyway.

She stands up from the bed and goes to her living room, where she finds her adorable black poodle, ginger, sleeping peacefully in his bed until he hears his owner’s footsteps and stretches. Taeyeon lowers herself and kisses the top of ginger’s head. She puts some food and water in ginger’s bowls. Then she puts on some music before starting some morning work outs, Yuri’s words about exercising more ringing in her head since that day.

After an hour she decides to finish and heads to the kitchen to prepare a light breakfast and to drink a cup of tea.

She takes a long shower and then enters her closet to find what to wear. She gets dressed and puts on some light makeup. Takes her bag and exits her apartment.

 

 

When she enters the building, Taeyeon notices a couple of people taking pictures of several places in the lobby, and one particular person, dressed navy blue dress ending a couple of inches above her knees, engrossed in the notes written in her note pad. A small smile appears in Taeyeon’s face at the sight of Tiffany so focused in her work.

‘’good morning’’ she makes her presence known

‘’oh, Taeyeon, good morning’’ the other girl smiles

‘’I see you’re not wasting any time’’

The brunette laughs softly ‘’I wanted to start as soon as possible’’

‘’well, I’ll leave you to it. Maybe we can talk later, when you’re not that busy’’

‘’of course, I’ll text you’’

‘’great’’ she smiles once more and leaves the other girl to her work

 

 

A couple of hours go by and Taeyeon’s phone buzzes, she hopes it’s a message from Tiffany so they can meet up an smiles at the thought, but that smile suddenly vanishes when she reads the text

From: Tiffany Hwang

Hey, sorry it looks like we won’t be able to get together for a while, there’s just so much to do. I’m at Yuri’s office right now, doing some orders and checking some stuff. Maybe at lunch you can join me if I’m free L

 

To: Tiffany Hwang

Oh L don’t worry, it’s your job so there’s nothing we can do. Just text me if you need anything J

 

From: Tiffany Hwang

Thank you J you’re so sweet!

Taeyeon smile at the brunette’s words and puts her cellphone away and goes to do some work until lunch time arrives.

 

 

It’s already 3pm and still no sign of Tiffany or Yuri, they must be super busy, so the blonde decides to ask for some lunch and bring it to them, they must be starving.

After the lunch is delivered to her office, she takes the bags all the way to Yuri’s office at one end of the floor. When she arrives she notices Hayoung is not on her desk so she figures she must be inside assisting Yuri and Tiffany, good thing she brought an extra hamburger.

She knocks on the door before entering and when she does, three heads look up

‘’Taengoo’’ her friend says upon noticing the brown bag on her hands ‘’you didn’t have to bother’’

‘’I figured you must be hungry and you’d be so concentrated on finishing work that you wouldn’t take some time to order lunch’’

They all smile in appreciation and the blonde hands them each a smaller brown bag containing a large hamburger with fries and a shake.

They take a moment to eat, making humming sounds every time they take a bite or a sip of the shake. But the minute the food is gone, they resume their working. Taeyeon exits the office so they can continue and heads towards her own to work as well.

When it’s 6:30, already dark, she goes out of her office and notices the light under Yuri’s office is on, meaning they’re still in there. She enters the office to say good bye but before she can utter a word, she hears Tiffany talking on the phone

‘’Yeah, don’t worry, I’ll see what I can do. No, no, I can’t let you lose one day of work, I’d feel really bad. Yes, I’ll call you in a bit, thank you.’’ The brunette sighs loudly and hangs her head low

‘’is everything okay, Tiffany?’’

‘’Taeyeon!’’ she exclaims in surprise, alerting the other two girls in the office, who hadn’t taken notice of the blonde’s presence either.

‘’well, my friend Seohyun was watching the children after Nayeon left but her shift at the hospital starts at 8 and it doesn’t seem like we’re going to be over with this soon, so I’m thinking of what to do’’

‘’I told her to go home but she won’t listen’’ Yuri says

‘’these documents need to be uploaded today so we can place the orders and they get here in time, if I leave we won’t finish on time and we’ll have to wait probably another month to get these specific materials. I guess I’ll have to drive home and bring them here’’

Taeyeon suddenly has an idea, she’s not sure if Tiffany would agree, but she voices it out anyway

‘’what if I go take care of them while you finish here’’ she notices Tiffany thinking about her idea and panics she found her going to her house too inappropriate ‘’only if you want, of course’’ she’s quick to say

‘’would you be okay with that? I would be so indebted with you, but I don’t want to bother you with my problems’’

‘’hey, I’m offering, there’s no problem with me, I’d be glad to help you’’

The brunette stands up and gives Taeyeon a soul crushing hug ‘’thank you so so much Taeyeon. I’ll call my Seo right now to let her know you’re on your way and I’ll text you the address to my house’’

‘’Good. I’ll see you when you get home’’

‘’Yes, hopefully it won’t be too long’’

The blonde nods and says good bye to Yuri and Hayoung before exiting the office.

 

 

Taeyeon rings on the doorbell and Seohyun lets her in

‘’Taeyeon-ssi, thank you for helping my unnie once again, I’d do it but I have to go’’ she says hurriedly

‘’hey, I love to help, you go and save some lives’’

The younger girl laughs ‘’they still need to have a bath and their nightly bottle, the instructions for it are on the fridge and everything you need is on the kitchen’’ she says quickly and bids the blonde and the twins who are on their chairs good bye.

The door closes and Taeyeon turns around to the kitchen, where the twins are seated.

‘’hey you guys! Long time no see, right?’’

They giggle when they see her and extend their arms, wanting to be held.

‘’come here you cuties’’ she takes them in her arms and kisses their heads

‘’how about we watch a movie, how about that?’’ the babies giggle in response ‘’I’ll take that as a yes’’

They end up watching Mulan, one of Taeyeon favorite Disney movies. The babies were really invested in the movie, probably because of the animation, and couldn’t stop giggling and jumping in Taeyeon’s lap every time mushu appeared. While the movie was playing and the twins were so busy watching the screen, Taeyeon took the opportunity to take a picture and send it to Tiffany

To: Tiffany Hwang

We’re watching a movie, they’re loving it

[image attached]

Tiffany never answered her text or even read it, probably being too busy with work.

Then, she decides to play with them for a while before giving them a bath

The three sit on the carpet and play with some of their toy balls, they are having fun when Taeyeon hears the sound of keys being put into the lock, she checks her watch and sees it’s 8:40 pm and wonders if it’s Tiffany, but she feels it’s too early for her to be home since they had a lot of work.

The door opens and revels a tired Tiffany

‘’Taeyeon! I’m home!’’ she shouts, not noticing that the blonde in question was in the living room

‘’hey, I didn’t think you’d be home this early’’

The brunette jump a little bit at the surprise but smiles when she watches Taeyeon playing with her kids on the carpet, she moves closer to them and kisses the top of her babies’ heads and she sits down in the carpet with them, right in front of Taeyeon

‘’we were done with the documents in less time that we thought. How did they behave?’’

‘’they were great, we watched mulan, I actually sent you a pic but I don’t know if you saw it’’

‘’oh, sorry, my phone died, that’s why I didn’t let you know I was on my way home’’

‘’it’s okay’’ Taeyeon says as she throws the ball she’s been playing with so one of the babies can grab it and bring it back

They talk a bit while Kai and Irene crawl to get the ball, Taeyeon casually throws a glance at the twins and that’s when she notices something

‘’Tiffany, quick, turn around’’

‘’what is it?’’ Tiffany asks as she moves her head to where Taeyeon is looking

Kai is standing up, with the ball on his hands, he seems to notice the attention being on him and moves his little legs in the direction of her mom and Taeyeon

‘’oh my god!’’ Tiffany exclaims ‘’come here baby’’

‘’come on buddy, you can do it’’ Taeyeon encourages the little boy

Kai’s legs shake a bit but he manages to give a small step

‘’that’s it Kai, please a few more steps and get to mommy’’ the excitement in the brunette’s voice obvious

Kai gives a couple more steps and reaches her mother’s awaiting arms just before falling, his first steps being a success. Tiffany hugs him tightly and swings him in her arms ‘’I’m so proud of you my son’’ a few tears escape her eyes from the emotion. She kisses his chubby cheeks a couple of times and Taeyeon watches with a loving look on her face, feeling proud of getting to be a part of this important event.

The attention turns back to Irene who’s still a couple of steps away from them, both adults wondering if she’s going to do it too

‘’come on Irene, why don’t you come here’’ Tiffany tries to encourage her daughter

A minute passes and Irene doesn’t seem to move from her spot, they’re about to give up when the little girl starts standing up

‘’it’s happening! It’s happening’’ the brunette shouts in excitement

Irene surprises them both when her steps are stronger than Kai’s and faster. Tiffany opens her free arm to welcome her daughter but she deviates from her mother’s direction a bit and makes her way to where Taeyeon is sitting right next to her, at this, the blonde catches the girl just in time before she falls in her arms

‘’that’s it girl! You did great!’’ Taeyeon congratulates her and hugs her, giving her head a kiss, oblivious to Tiffany’s stare being on them, watching her with such love in her eyes.

To Tiffany, that someone can connect with her children that much is amazing, besides her friends and family, she didn’t think it would be possible. But here is this woman, whom she barely knows, giving her kids care and love.

Taeyeon notices the brunette being silent thinks she may have upset over Irene going to her

‘’are you okay?’’

Tiffany comes out of her thoughts and nods ‘’of course, I’m just overwhelmed’’

‘’you’re not mad Irene didn’t go to you?’’ the blonde asks quietly, as if in fear of the answer

‘’no, I’m glad she likes you so much, they both do. And I’m thankful that you like them too, you have no idea how much you’ve done for me, and how much I appreciate that’’ the brunette sniffs, tears sliding down her cheeks.

Taeyeon brings her free hand to the brunette’s face and cleans her tears with her thumb. Tiffany smiles warmly at the gesture and tilts her head to the side, creating even more contact with Taeyeon’s hands. They stay like that for a few seconds, just looking at each other’s eyes. Until Taeyeon makes the mistake of looking down to Tiffany’s full lips, an action that doesn’t go missing to Tiffany. As if a magnetic energy surrounds them, their faces begin leaning in, forgetting even about the place they’re in. Their lips are centimeters apart, they can feel each other’s warm breaths on their faces, smell each other’s perfumes. They begin to close their eyes, not knowing what’s taking over them, what’s possessing them.

Until a soft cry coming from Tiffany’s lap makes them jump apart a little. The brunette clears and thinks of what to say, but she can’t seem to gather her thoughts very well, what they were about to do filling her mind

‘’maybe they’re tired’’ Taeyeon says, bouncing Irene in her lap

‘’yeah, you’re right, I should give them a bath’’ she stands up and the blonde does it as well

‘’do you want me to give you a hand?’’

‘’that would be great, thank you’’ the brunette smiles in appreciation

They go to the babies’ bathroom and get them ready for a warm bath. At first, Tiffany instructs Taeyeon on what she’s supposed to do, since she guesses (correctly) that she has no experience bathing children. The blonde is nervous at first, but with Tiffany’s help she manages to do it. The brunette lets them play on the tub most of the time but since she suspects they will probably fall asleep soon without taking their bottle, and hence waking up Tiffany in the middle of the night to get it, she decides the bath is enough. They get them dressed in their cute pink bunny pajamas and take them to the living room to get them fed.

They seat in each end of the couch and begin feeding the babies. Tiffany watches how good Taeyeon looks with little Irene in her arms, and that feeling she gets whenever she witnesses the blonde with her kids, and most of the time, makes a comeback. She now knows what it is, she knows what that warmth means. But she’s also afraid of it. Very much afraid, because she knows it’s not just her she has to worry about anymore, it is also her children.

But her worries can’t stop the feeling from growing, from appearing every time she’s close to her, every time they look into each other’s eyes, every time they’re as close to each other as a while ago.

Taeyeon, on her part, never imagined doing something like this. She never imagined feeling this good with a kid in her arms, and she’s not going to lie, it’s a feeling she loves. She looks at the mother of the twins and an even bigger smile spreads through her lips. Her relationship with the woman seems to only grow with each passing day. She’s not usually a person to grow attached this much to a person in such a short period of time, but again, here she is, wanting to get even closer to her.

 

 

They tuck the babies in and watch their angelic faces sleep for a few moments before going out of the room.

‘’it’s late, so I’m going to go home’’ the blonde announces

‘’are you sure? It’s really late’’

Taeyeon knows the implication of the phrase, but thinks sleeping over is too much. They’re not there yet.

‘’I’m sure’’ she nods

‘’I’ll drop by tomorrow, still have a few things to do with Yuri, after that, maybe we can go and have our lunch’’

Taeyeon’s eyes light up ‘’of course!’’

‘’it’s settled then, come on, let me walk you to your car’’

Once they’re in front of the blonde’s car, a silence takes over, none of them wanting to say good bye

‘’so’’ the blonde begins to play with her carkeys ‘’I’ll see you tomorrow then’’

‘’yeah, I’ll text you when I’m done’’

‘’sure, now, I guess this is it. Bye Tiffany’’

‘’bye, Taeyeon’’ she leans closer and gives a kiss to the blonde’s cheek. Taeyeon just can’t get used to the brunette’s kisses. She thanks it’s chilly outside so she can excuse her rosy cheeks on that.

Taeyeon turns around and enters her car, waving before driving away.

 

 

It’s midnight when Taeyeon receives a text

From: Tiffany Hwang

Thank you so much for that picture, they look so cute. And also thank you so much for today.

 

To: Tiffany Hwang

They were so into the movie I couldn’t believe it J and any time ;) your kids are a treasure, I love spending time with them.

 

From: Tiffany Hwang

And they love spending time with you, you’re really great around them. Well I should go to bed now. Good night Taeyeon. Sweet dreams xoxo

 

To: Tiffany Hwang

Good night, Tiffany. Sleep well!!

 

That night they both sleep with huge smiles on their faces.


i'm so sorry for taking some time to update this chapter, i wasn't able to write much these past days.

i hope you enjoyed this chaper, which is the longest i've written.

also, i'm blown away with all the love this little fic has received!!!! thank you so much for that!! 

and if it seemed as if their ''moment'' was forgotten, don't worry, it will come up very soon!

 

please comment what you think:)

i'll see you in the next update, which hopefully won't take as much as thi one :D

 

~~~summerstormz