stronger than ever pt. 1

losing and finding

for all of you who requested something of this sort. short but don't worry, next part should be up soon!


The alarm rang, signaling that the couple had to get up to go to their respective jobs. As Taeyeon began to stretch, she felt the now usual weight on top of her body, she opened her eyes slowly and the image of a small head with messy hair appeared before her. She shifted a little to look at the owner of those precious dark curls and she smiled at the sight of little Irene’s sleeping face, little tongue out and all.

She moved to get the girl off her as carefully as she could in order not to wake her up so soon. The girl made a little complaining noise but didn’t open her eyes, she just rolled over and continued her sleep.

The blonde looked over to the other side of the bed and saw Tiffany cuddling with little Kai, his little feet up on her legs and the rest of his small body sprawled across his mom’s side. She was glad they decided to go for the biggest mattress the store had to offer.

For the past month, it had become a routine. The kids were not accustomed to their new bedroom and had trouble falling asleep. They tried about everything to get them to sleep, reading them stories, giving them some warm milk, staying there with them but they never did fell asleep in the room and they gave up. So the couple let them sleep with them until they fell asleep and then Taeyeon would usually carry them to their room. But sometimes, they seem just too comfortable and the pair don’t want to disrupt it. But the truth is they love falling asleep feeling those chubby little hands clasped between theirs.

‘’Fany-ah, wake up’’ Taeyeon whispers, but all she gets is a groan for a response.

‘’Come on babe, we have to get to work’’

‘’Fine’’ the brunette finally sits up, rubbing at her eyes and combing down her hair with her fingers.

The blonde stands up and puts a pillow on her side so Irene doesn’t fall and proceeds to the bathroom to get on with her morning rituals. In the meantime, Tiffany looks for the clothes they’ll wear for the day and places them on the edge of the bed. When she hears the water fall from the bathroom, she enters to wash her teeth and face. Then she joins her girlfriend in the glass shower stall.

After getting everything ready, they part ways. Tiffany drives to her office, and Taeyeon drives the twins to Nayeon’s house, since it’s on her way to work, who’s going to watch them until their other, and new nanny, Jisoo, picks them up and looks after them until they both finish work in the evening.

With Nayeon being almost done with college, she has less and less time to babysit, that’s why they decided to hire Jisoo to help out. The bunny toothed girl opposed at first, saying she could handle it, but the dark bags under her eyes said otherwise. Taeyeon felt bad for the girl because she knew that:

  1. She needed the money
  2. She was very attached to the twins

But Taeyeon had a better plan for the girl, once they no longer require her services, which was in almost another 2 months, when the kids turned two and entered Seoul Academy, she planned to offer the girl a paid internship at her company, since she was majoring in business and finances, and it was also a way for her to keep in touch with the little troublemakers. After that she’d drive to the company and go on with her work day, which would usually involve a lot of meetings with old people. But no matter how boring it was, when she got home and hugged and kissed the 3 loves of her life, everything else was soon forgotten.

 

It was a hectic morning at work, meetings here and there. Signing a pile of documents that had no end. The only good thing, was the beginning of a multimillion dollar contract with a very important Thai company, all Taeyeon and Yuri had to do was have lunch with a representative from the company and it will be done. Piece of cake.

 

It had been such a busy day that she hadn’t had time to send Tiffany a message or anything. Good thing that her girlfriend knew that when she didn’t write. She was probably too occupied.

 

 

Tiffany just knew that everything was going too good to be true. And her feelings were confirmed when she received an email on her company account from someone she didn’t think she’d have to hear from in a long time, if ever.

Her eyes almost went out of her skull and her heartbeat accelerated when she read the words the man had wrote her.

I know I don’t have the right but I would like to request a meeting with you to talk about some pending things. I owe you an explanation. Please let me.

I hope you consider it.

-Nick.

This couldn’t be happening, not when she had finally moved on with someone who made her really happy, and when she was as in love as she never had been in her life.

 

 

‘’Everything ready for the meeting, Yul? I’ve heard old Narin Horvejkul is a little impatient’’

‘’Apparently, he’s sent his son to meet us today, so we don’t have to deal with him today. Don’t worry Taeng, everything’s gonna be fine’’ the taller girl pats the shorty’s shoulder

‘’I know, but this is a very important deal, and I want everything to turn out perfect’’

‘’It will. It will’’ Yuri reassured a nervous Taeyeon.

 

Arriving at the restaurant where the business lunch was to take place, Mr. Horvejkul’s son was already there, and upon noticing them he stood up to greet them.

‘’Ms. Kim, Ms. Kwon, it’s a pleasure to meet you’’ he offers his hand for a handshake that both women take instantly.

‘’Please, sit down’’ he motions to the chairs in front of him, and sits down as they do.

At first they discuss the most relevant parts of the deal, and working out his doubts whenever he had one. Then they moved onto the documents to check more in detail and after a good hour and half an hour talking about it and a bottle of wine, they decided to take a little break to finally eat their meals, which were probably going to get cold if not eaten soon.

Taeyeon and Yuri believed that for a deal to be closed before even signing anything, a little getting to know the other party was always helpful, so they decided to start, but before any of them could enunciate a word, he beat them to it.

‘’So, I hope it’s not being too nosy, but I don’t see any of you sporting a marriage band. Are you perhaps single?’’

Taeyeon raises an eyebrow and smirks, ‘’are you perhaps interested, Mr. Horvejkul?’’

‘’I’m sorry, I’m just trying to make conversation. My father always told me to get to know the person you’re going to work with. Don’t you think so?’’ he ponders

‘’We do’’ Yuri answers, ‘’and to respond to your observation, indeed none of us is married, but I plan to soon’’ the brunette smiles

‘’Oh, congratulations in advance, Ms. Kwon, your partner sure is a lucky person’’ he smiles as he nods

‘’She’s the lucky one’’ Taeyeon motions to her friend with her head, earning a laugh from the man in front of them and a small slap on her arm from Yuri.

‘’And what about you, Ms. Kim? Any plans to get married soon? Or are you not in a relationship?’’ the tall and charming man asks as he takes a bite of his food

‘’I am in a committed relationship with someone’’ the blonde smiles at the thought of her girlfriend, ‘’but no plans of getting married as of yet’’

He nods in understanding and is about to ask something else when Taeyeon opens to speak, ‘’and what about you? Anyone in your life?’’

He lowers his gaze to his lap and the both of them notice his smile turn into a sad one, but is soon replaced by a look of determination.

‘’That’s part of the reason I’m here in Seoul’’ they give him a confused look before he elaborates, ‘’some time ago I made a huge mistake, and now I’m here to make it right. I just hope she accepts me again. No, I’m going to do everything in my power to make her accept me. I have to, I can’t live without her anymore’’

They smile at his resoluteness and give him some words of encouragement.

‘’We wish you the best luck in the world’’

‘’Yes, we’re sure someone like you will succeed’’

‘’Thank you both’’ he bows his head, ‘’and you know what? I’m happy I’m signing this deal with your company’’

‘’For real?’’ Yuri asks, excited.

‘’Absolutely, if there was any doubt, it’s all gone now. It’s going to be a pleasure to work with you.’’

‘’It will be, thank you for choosing Kim Co. as your chosen partner in business’’

‘’Not at all, thank you for reaching out to us. We’ll meet in the next few days to sign the contract’’

‘’Of course, it’s been a real pleasure. Mr. Horvejkul’’

He shakes his head as he offers his hand once again, ‘’please, call me Nichkhun’’.

 


 

dun dun dun!!! please don't kill me lmao

 

 

see you next chap!

 

~~~summerstormz