Chapter VIII

Collide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER VIII

**YERIN**

“Jimin.” I heard Taehyung mutter as he stood up to acknowledge the presence of handsome guy number two.

Jimin, as he was called, walked over to us with his gaze unusually fixed on me. He still had that smirk on his face which somehow made me self-conscious.

“What are with these people and their penetrating gazes?”

I was too engaged with my musings that I didn’t realize he was already standing a few inches away from me. I retreated a little when I felt the warmth from his proximity. I’ve never stood this close to a boy. Saying I don’t like it is kind of a lie either. I mean this Jimin guy looks extra good-looking. Any girl would probably die to be in my position right now.

“And who might you be?” Jimin asked as he took my hands in his and brought it up to his lips for a soft kiss. I blushed at the contact of his lips on my skin and I could tell he noticed since his smirk widened when he looked up to meet my eyes.

It was only now that I realized how sweet it was to be treated as a lady like this and I somehow regretted not letting myself experience this kind of things way back in high school. It must have been nice. The word ‘alone’ would have long been erased from my dictionary.

I was awoken from my daydreaming when Taehyung cleared his throat before he smacked Jimin’s hands away from mine. He pulled me by the wrist and held me close to his side as a protective boyfriend would do whenever his girlfriend is being hit on by some other man. Well, it’s not like I’m his girlfriend anyway but you get the idea.

“I believe you still haven’t met her, Jimin. This is Yerin…my fiancé.”

Jimin’s eyes were quite small but upon hearing those last words let out by Taehyung, I could see how wide it got. Was Taehyung that much of a loner that him getting engaged is such a shocking revelation? Wait, that’s not it. That’s not quite right. Let me get this straight. If Jimin was Taehyung’s friend and they’ve known each other for who knows how long…then…oh. Exactly. Any long-time friend would be shocked to hear an engagement so sudden and no prior notice about me has even been given before today. It’s like I’m some pesky weed that just sprouted out of nowhere one sunny morning in their garden full of handsome flowers. Yes, that’s the perfect explanation even though me being a pest doesn’t quite sit well with me.

“Did I hear you right? Fiance, you say?”

Taehyung nodded. “Exactly. She’s my fiancé and I believe you shouldn’t be hitting on her because let me tell you this. Even though you’re practically my best friend, I wouldn’t mind punching you in the face if ever I see you make a move on my girl. You know how possessive I can get.”

I’m not positive if Taehyung was saying it as some kind of a friendly joke but his tone sent shivers down my spine and it gave me the impression that he meant business with his words but what confused me is that why is he acting like we’re really a thing all of a sudden? Isn’t this boy his best friend? Doesn’t he have the right to know the truth behind Taehyung and me?

I glanced at Taehyung and immediately regretted it when I saw the way his eyes were narrowed at Jimin who still had the mischievous smirk on his face. I guess he was unfazed by the threatening glare aimed at him.

“This must be some kind of inside joke between them,” I thought before faking a laugh. If there’s a time to lighten the mood I reckoned now would be it.

“Waahh!” I exclaimed as I patted both of them in the back, enough to cause them to stumble a little bit forward. Fortunately for Jimin, he was blessed with fast reflexes which caused him to regain his balance immediately but Taehyung…well, let’s say God didn’t exactly like him enough to bless him the same. He fell to his knees with a thud but I chose to ignore it. It’s not like it’s something majorly concerning.

“Would you look at that? Two friends finally together at last!” I let out another fake hearty laugh before I grinned at the two, wriggling my eyebrows, pretending like nothing happened.

Jimin chuckled at my antic but Taehyung…I’d say he isn’t quite pleased with the way his eyes narrowed at me and his lips forming a tight frown as he dusted himself off the floor.

I bit my lower lip and held out my arms at the latter as I took a cautious step back.

“Peace?” I said and made a ‘V’ sign with my hands, hoping…wait, no…more like praying for the best. I just got here and I think I already found myself in trouble. Way to go, Jung Yerin.

**YUNA**

“Oh!”

I sat straight up from my position of lying in Jungkook’s chest when a sudden alarming feeling overcame me. I didn’t know where it came from. It just appeared out of the blue.

“What’s wrong?” Jungkook asked as he, too, sat up with his eyes fixed with concern toward me.

I shook my head as I massaged my temple. “It’s nothing. I just had this weird feeling.”

Jungkook placed a supportive hand on my shoulder and tried to look at me directly in the eye but I averted my gaze. When it comes to things like these, he’s always so overly protective. It’s not like I’m dying or anything like that.

“Are you sure you’re okay? Do you want me to take you home?”

“I’m fine, really,” I assured him, lying back on the sand. I swear Jungkook could overact even at the most trivial times.

He looked at me with worry still etched on his face but I just smiled at him.

“Get back here,” I said, pulling him back to lie beside me. This was one of our alone times and I’m not just going to let a simple throb in the head get in the way between us.

“Are you really okay?” he asked once more, rolling over to his side to take a good look at me.

I nodded and gave him one of the sincerest smiles I can muster before I gave a light peck on his cheeks. “I’m fine.”

**YERIN**

Out of all the punishment he could have thought of, it just had to be this one. Good going, Taehyung. You got me good. You got me real good.

I puffed out another breath of air as I shuffled to make myself a bit comfortable in my position. If mom and dad were to see me now, they would probably freak out. No, it’s not just that. They’d freak out and then they’d faint. Yeah, that’s more accurate.

“You two look really sweet,” Jimin commented from the other side of the room where he was busy pouring himself a glass of cold orange juice from the fridge. “And intimate,” he added.

I narrowed my eyes, all the respect and admiration I had for him a while ago completely fading to thin air. It turns out he’s an just like his friend and it’s mostly due to the fact that he’s a hundred percent in agreement with this ‘punishment’ stating that it’s only fair and just considering I wronged my ‘fiancé’.

“Jealous?” Taehyung asked but he wasn’t looking at Jimin while he said that. He was looking directly at me with a playful smirk forming on his lips as he tightened his grip on my waist.

“Heck, no. I have way more girls than you, just so you know.”

I tried to pull back a bit but Taehyung’s newly-gained fast reflexes prevented me from doing so. He pulled me in and I almost collapsed at his chest had I not supported myself with my arms in time.

What exactly is happening? Well, it went like this.

“Peace, my ,” Taehyung said. No, more like barked at me as his eyes flashed annoyance. He must not like it when someone pushes him the way I did. But it’s not like I meant to do it on purpose. He just happened to have a poor sense of balance. I mean Jimin didn’t fall. The push wasn’t that hard.

“Woah, Taehyung. Relax. She’s still a girl.” Jimin tried to defend me but Taehyung shoved him off as he took pounding steps toward me, his eyes never leaving mine. I almost made a run for it but that would possibly worsen things. Plus, I don’t know how to leave this big of a place Taehyung calls his home. I can’t even remember how many winding hallways we’ve passed before reaching this ro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter