Chapter XIV

Collide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER XIV

**YERIN**

I rested my chin on the palm of my hand as I listened to the ticking of my wristwatch. I can’t believe I got so thrilled to the thought of going back to school that I completely forgot the boring part of it all- the seemingly endless classes.

A huge sigh escaped my lips without prior notice as I tried to focus back on what the professor in front of us was saying. It’s not my intention to be this rude and not listen to the discussion at all. It’s just that I really have low attention span. I could rarely focus for as long as half an hour and the fact that this class takes an hour and a half to finish is not helping me at all. The professor’s good. I have to give him that but still, I’m a hopeless case when it comes to discussions inside the four walls of a classroom. Maybe that’s why I didn’t argue much to myself when I began working instead of proceeding to college. I liked being active. I love the thought of doing something physical rather than sit until my hurts.

“You okay?” I heard SinB asked as she placed an arm over my shoulder. I looked at her and nodded albeit I really am not.

“Don’t lie to me. Even I think this class is boring. I mean who cares about world literature anyway?” she added.

I snickered at her bold proclamation of her despise for this class and she reciprocated with a low chuckle, quiet enough for the professor to not take a notice of us- one of the perks of having an old professor as your teacher.

~~~~~

“I don’t know if it’s just me or you feel it too but that class sapped the life out of me,” SinB stated as she stretched her limbs as we stood up from our seats. Luckily for us, we were able to survive throughout the whole class without getting caught misbehaving. I mean we got away with playing UNO cards and looking through memes on Tumblr as the professor talked about writings we weren’t even interested in. If you don’t call that lucky, then I don’t know what else to call it.

I hit SinB lightly on the arm to signal her to lower her voice as Mr. Song was still inside the almost empty room, gathering his belongings.

“Sorry,” she replied in a whisper while holding up a peace sign.

“Just be careful next time. The last thing we need is a bad record on this subject.”

She gave me a curt nod and saluted as she stood in attention to somehow mock me. It earned her another smack in the arm.

“You’re quite violent,” SinB exclaimed while she got my bag for me, handing it over as we made our way out of the room after bidding the professor goodbye.

“I’m not. You’re overreacting.”

“You obviously are. We just met and you already hit me twice.”

I looked at her with a blank expression as I took in her words. She does have a point.

I shrugged my shoulders and decided to walk ahead with my longer strides. “You deserve it.”

“Hey!”

~~~~~

We entered the cafeteria doors along with much of the students who are also eager to finally devour food after a whole morning filled with class discussions. If I didn’t know better, I’d say they act like people you wouldn’t expect are from a rich family. Almost everyone was talking loudly. Some were even throwing food at each other. I scoffed at that. Many are struggling to eat three meals a day and here they are wasting food.

“Are they really like this?”

SinB threw me a confused look as she pulled me toward the end of the line for the food ordering. “Like what?”

“Muttonheads.”

She looked at my line of view and saw the students currently engaged in a mini food fight. “I suppose.”

I merely nodded as a girl suddenly cut in front of our line.

“Hey!” It was SinB who reacted first. Well, it’s not like I have the right to get into a fight with anyone in this school anyway. What do I have in comparison to them? A fiancé who barely even acknowledged me? Like that would help…

The girl turned to us and it was only then that I got to get a good look of her features. She had doll-like eyes, plump lips, perfectly shaped nose, and fair skin. I would have ogled at that had I not know better. Her face obviously looked like a ton of make-up was smudged into it and the way her face was shaped, I’d say the plastic surgeon must have gotten rich from all the work he did.

“What’s your problem?!” the girl shrieked in her high-pitched voice that I covered my ears upon the sound. I was not expecting that.

“You’re the problem. We were obviously in line. You can’t just come and cut in front of us,” SinB stated in a calmer tone than I expected. She’s trying to control her temper judging from the way her fists clenched but her facial expression remained nonchalant.

The ‘plastic surgery’ girl arched an eyebrow as she examined both of us from head to toe. “Oh really? Do you not know who I am?”

SinB scoffed. I don’t know whether she’s more powerful than this girl of if she just has a lot of guts in her system because after her rude gesture, the girl fumed with anger as if she’s ready to claw on us any minute now.

“I’m sorry. Are you supposed to be popular?”

The girl breathed in and out as she fanned herself with her hands in the most dramatic way possible. At the commotion that’s beginning to heat up, some students began to eye us with inquisitive looks, wondering what could be happening.

“SinB, that’s enough,” I whispered to my companion as I held her back a little.

“No. This deserves to be taught a lesson,” she responded, removing my grip from her arm.

“What did you just call me?!” the girl yelled with her annoying voice, loud enough for almost everyone to hear. As soon as she finished her scream, the entire cafeteria went completely silent. I could feel sweat beginning to form in my forehead as I tried to desperately think of a way out of this situation. It’s still my first day. I don’t want to get kicked out for picking on a fight.

SinB gave the girl a smirk as she took a step forward with much pride and confidence. “. B-I-T-C-H. .”

The girl’s mouth flew open before she threw herself at SinB, targeting the latter’s hair. I almost put myself in between them had SinB not caught the girl’s arm in time to shove her away, causing her to fall on the floor with a thud.

I could hear the ‘ooohs’ coming from the spectators. They must think of this as an entertaining show to brighten their day when in fact, they should have been doing something to help. They’re even cheering on us to continue the fight.

Damn, rich people…

The girl gathered herself from the floor and was about to pounce back on SinB had someone not intervened.

“Everyone, shut up and go back to your places!”

The crowd went still as soon as the voice echoed across the cafeteria. They must have known whom it belongs to because immediately, everyone shut their mouths and pretended to focus back on their food as if nothing just happened.

I tried to look at the owner of the voice but she- because it was obviously the sound of a girl- was still behind the crowd of people surrounding us. When everyone finally stood aside to give way for her to walk toward us, I almost felt my jaw fall the floor as I stared at the owner of the voice everyone was scared to contradict.

**TAEHYUNG**

Jimin entered our hangout room and the reaction he gave me upon seeing how I looked was something I wanted to punch the living hell out of him. He was laughing his heart out at my humiliation and was even on the verge of tearing up from the fun of it all.

Yes, I know I look ridiculous and I hate Jungkook for this but still, I have to do this as I agreed on what Jungkook’s plan was and my prideful self couldn’t just back out on something I promised to do. So, to hell with Jimin.

“Yeah, yeah. Laugh all you want,” I said with a deadpanned look as I rolled my eyes at Jimin who has now contagiously got Jungkook laughing as well. I know the maknae was trying his hardest not to even chuckle a while ago as I was getting myself ready but now that Jimin got into the picture, even our little angel can’t handle the temptation of laughing.

“I…You…Hahahaha….” Jimin tried to voice out in the middle of his laugh only to fail in completing a comprehensible sentence to which I rolled my eyes once again. They are idiots and I don’t have time for the likes of them.

I casually walked past them as I made my way toward the door, preparing to exit the room in this embarrassing situation but still, if I’m really willing to go by my words, then I’d have to do this even if it meant earning the weird glances of everybody as I make my way toward the school cafeteria where my sources said Yerin was.

“Lock the door when you leave,” I said before I went out the door, a huge stuffed head in my hands.

**YERIN**

“What do you think are you doing?”

I backed a little along with the other students as Yuna took steps closer to where we were. I’ve never seen her this grim. Her eyes weren’t shining the way they were this morning and her lips were formed into a thin line. It’s as if she’s a completely different person than the Yuna I came to know.

“This was trying to pick a fight with me!” the ‘barbie’ shrieked while pointing an accusing finger over to SinB whose face obviously scrunched up in disgust.

“Excuse you. You were the one who cut in line first. It’s not my fault I’m just defending my right to kick you out of your wrongful place.”

The girl pretended to be offended by placing a dramatic hand over her chest while she let out a gasp. I could only roll my eyes and I know Yuna obviously wanted to do so too but she didn’t so as not to appear biased.

“Okay. Let’s be civil here and talk this out,” Yuna addressed both by placing a hand over their shoulder but the shrugged her off and I’m sure I saw Yuna drew a breath upon the action.

“I am not letting this thing go. She just humiliated me!” the girl yelled and directed her index finger back at SinB as she fumed with anger but the latter merely raised an eyebrow at her.

“The last time I checked, you were the one who attacked me first.”

I crossed my fingers as I reckoned that neither one of them was willing to back out of the fight. If I say I’m prideful, well, SinB’s on a way higher level than me.

I threw a glance over to Yuna and coincidentally, she noticed me and returned the eye contact. Her eyes were somehow asking me if I were part of the fight and I nodded apologetically to which she responded with a nod of her own. I don’t know what that meant but I’m hoping it’s of my advantage.

“Listen, both of you, you know catfights aren’t allowed inside and outside the school premises, right?”

They nodded, one grumpily while the other seemed like she was actually guilty. Try to guess who SinB is though. I doubt it’ll be difficult with the acting all y ever since the world began.

“And as students of this university, you’re supposed to abide to that.”

SinB now has her head hung low while the still held her chin up high as if she were queen.

“Now, I want you to apologize to each other.”

At the statement, SinB immediately raised her head to show her surprised look as if she is completely unbelieving of what she just heard. “No!”

Yuna faced her with a nonchalant look, one that isn’t really expressing enough but sure as hell is scary. “Or you both could come with me to the student president’s office.”

“Fine.” SinB crossed her arms over her chest and stood with her weight on one leg as she turned to face the girl. “I’m sorry,” she said without sincerity and void of emotion as her brows met to glare daggers at the girl.

“Took you long enough to say that,” the girl replied to which Yuna responded with another death glare. The girl must have noticed it because the gulp she took was evidently visible from where I stood and after mustering enough pride to steam, she rolled her eyes and muttered a low sorry before she turned to take her leave without much to say.

“Thanks,” SinB told Yuna as soon as everyone went back to their places and no eyes were longer fixed on our direction.

Yuna gave her a smile and patted her head. “You’re lucky I’m not in the mood to tell your mom.”

SinB chuckled and removed Yuna’s hands before she gazed at me to motion me to come over. I did so with a bit of hesitation. The Yuna I just saw was somehow putting me off. I’m feeling quite uneasy after knowing my angel also has her dark side.

“I see you’ve made friends,” Yuna stated while looking at me with a small smile fixed on her lips.

I reciprocated her expression and gave a curt nod. “We’re classmates for World Lit a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter