Chapter XVI

Collide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER XVI

**YERIN**

“Make yourself at home, Yerin-ssi,” one of Taehyung’s friends commented when he noticed me shifting uncomfortably in my seat. What was his name again? I’m sure it was something with an H. Hansok?

“T-thanks.” I offered him a weak smile and he returned it with a grin. Well, at least this guy’s kind of nice, quite the opposite of the one beside him who has been staring at me with a nonchalant face ever since I came here with Taehyung. It would have been good if I could tell what he’s thinking or even just have an idea of it but the guy’s been giving me a blank look. It’s impossible to guess what’s in his mind.

“The last time we met, you were feisty. What happened now?”

It was Jimin who spoke. I remembered him. The betrayer back at Taehyung’s home who left me at an awkward situation with Taehyung’s mom. He’s lucky I have a forgiving heart and has now left that incident behind me in the past.

“She must still be feeling dizzy,” the nurse from school answered in my stead. He was Jin if I correctly remembered his introduction a while back. “Do you need to rest?”

I smiled weakly at him and shook my head. “I’m fine. Thanks.”

“Woah. What happened to her?” Jimin asked, now curious, as he inched closer to Jin with inquisitive eyes. What happened to me is clearly none of his business though.

“She almost passed out at school this lunch time.”

“Was it because of Taehyung?” Jimin further pried, now looking at me. I was about to defend my side when another person approached us and tapped Jimin on the shoulder.

“Stop being so nosy and leave the girl’s business to herself.”

“I just wanted to know. You know, it might be useful against Taehyung later in the future. You’re no fun, hyung.”

The newly-arrived man chuckled at Jimin and turned to the others. “Where’s Taehyung?”

“He’s on the phone with his mom,” ‘H guy’ answered, casting a glance toward the balcony where Taehyung was.

“Who’s willing to bet fifty thousand won that she’s reminding him to change his underwear tonight?” Jimin said, raising his hand with a huge grin plastered on his face. He swooped his gaze over us and wriggled his eyebrows. “C’mon! This will be fun.”

A moment of silence passed among us as no one was actually in the mood to play games before the nonchalant boy spoke for the first time since I met him.

“I’m betting a hundred thousand won that his mom’s begging him to talk with this girl here.” He pointed a finger at me and I arched a brow.

Me? Why would Taehyung’s mom want to talk to me?

“Ha! That’s ridiculous. Anyone else want to place their bet?”

The three other guys merely shook their head and averted their gazes from Jimin’s.

“If both of you lose, all money goes to the finances for the music studio.”

“Deal.”

“Whatever.”

**YUNA**

“Why do I have to join you again?” I groaned as I threw my school bag into the seat of Jungkook’s car before making my way inside. I settled myself and buckled my seatbelt the same time Jungkook did his.

I was still pissed at how Taehyung knew he was at fault and yet he had the nerve to skip classes which also means he won’t have to face the disciplinary committee and Jungkook, being the kind maknae that he is, offered to shoulder his hyung’s punishment as well. In hell would I agree to that…

“You’ll be joining me because I want to be with you more,” Jungkook said as he brought the car to life with one hand as the other found its way to mine. He looked at me ang gave a heartwarming smile as he squeezed my hand gently. “Besides, Taehyung-hyung will be there. You can punish him there if you want. I won’t hold you back.”

I jeered at what he said and held his hand tightly, not wanting to let go even if he already began driving.

“Is it alright if we hold hands longer?” I asked boldly, face flushed but the chuckle that came from Jungkook after somehow erased the embarrassment from me.

“Do you even have to ask? You know it’ll be a yes anyway.”

“But you’re driving…”

“Since when am I not good at driving with one hand?”

I rolled my eyes and said, “You’re too full of yourself sometimes, you know. I wonder if you got that from Taehyung-oppa.”

Jungkook snickered at my comment before he focused his attention back to the road. “Speaking of which, I heard Yerin-noona will be joining us tonight. Hyung is planning on introducing him to the gang.”

I almost choked on my own saliva upon hearing what my boyfriend said, my eyes almost bulging to the side of saucers.

“You’ve got to be kidding me!” I exclaimed.

“Nope. She’ll be there,” Jungkook replied, beaming. He probably thinks this is funny- leaving my cute unnie with those wolves. “…In fact, I think she’s already there.”

I gasped. “No.”

Jungkook casted me a glance and I could see the impish look he had on his face. “I’m afraid it’s a yes.”

“My poor unnie...”

**YERIN**

“Let’s play a game!” Jimin shouted while he placed the bottles of cold beer on the table before us. He tauntingly looked at me as he took his seat and wriggled his brows up and down. “Let’s make it fun for Taehyung’s girl here.”

“I suggest Baskin Robbins 31!” ‘H’ guy said, raising his hand in the air before cheering himself with a ‘woo’. The quiet guy rolled his eyes and reached out for a beer.

“Are you allowed to drink, Yerin-ssi?” Jin asked while he placed a hand on my shoulder.

I gave him a small nod and he merely shrugged his shoulders before returning his attention back to the others who were now busy preparing glasses for each of us.

“What are you guys doing?”

Everyone turned eyes on Taehyung as he approached the table and sat down beside me. I saw Jimin grin at him before he answered, “Celebrating your engagement with Yerin-ssi.”

“And you plan on joining their game?” Taehyung was now looking at me, his lips formed into a thin line. I could tell he wasn’t actually pleased with the idea of getting drunk tonight especially when it comes to me. He probably doesn’t want to deal with some drunk girl who’s bound to throw up in his expensive car.

“I am.”

He narrowed his eyes but didn’t bother to say a word.

“Don’t worry. I have a high tolerance for alcohol. I’m not getting drunk tonight,” I lied with much confidence to appear truthful in my words.

“You won’t because I’m not allowing you to drink even just a sip.”

“Aww, don’t be such a killjoy, Taehyungie. Let your girl have fun,” Jimin butted in on our conversation while he slid a glass over to my direction. “It’ll be fun.”

“Aren’t we supposed to eat before we drink though?” Taehyung complained when he noticed the table which has only bottles of beer in it without a trace of decent food for dinner.

“The chef’s still cooking.” It was Namjoon, the responsible-looking guy, who answered for Taehyung as the others only gave shrugs before continuing with their own business of setting up for the game. He’s probably the most well-mannered one out of all of them judging from his formal introduction a while back.

“The game can wait then after we eat.”

I felt the hairs on my arm rising as I listened to the tone Taehyung was using to his friends. He’s clearly younger than most, if not all, of them but the way he sounded seemed so commanding and full of authority that everyone, including me, shut up and looked at him with unease.

Taehyung had a grim expression on his face and not one of us was willing to challenge it that even Jimin, who was the pushy one a while ago, sat down and began playing with the table napkin.

“Uhhh…” I began, looking over everyone who bore angelic looks all of a sudden except the nonchalant guy who still had the same expression on while he turned his focus away from us and toward the smartphone on his side.

I tugged at Taehyung’s sleeves and he stared at me. I could slightly see the shift in his demeanor though. It seemed as though he was now a bit relaxed as compared to the tense aura he was emitting not long ago. He raised a brow, urging me to go on but my mouth won’t cooperate. Nothing’s coming out but I wanted to tell him something…anything that would help him compose himself.

“I…uhhh-”

“What did your mom say, V?”

V?

I glanced at Taehyung and gave him a questioning look. He mouthed ‘later’ to me and turned to the direction of the impassive guy who has now stopped playing with his phone and was reclining comfortably in his seat instead.

“She was asking to talk with Yerin but I declined. You know her. She blabbers about anything until she unconsciously tells someone something that isn’t meant to be told.”

The guy smirked just as we saw Jimin slump his forehead on the table while mumbling incoherent words.

The others, as well as I, laughed while Taehyung merely rolled his eyes. He didn’t really know the reason behind our laughter and it seemed like he’s not interested in taking part in it either. He really is a killjoy just as Jimin said.

“Why the did I even begin this bet?” Jimin groaned as he sat back up and retrieved the agreed upon amount of cash from his wallet before handing them over to the smirking guy at the end of the table. “How did you even get it right anyway?”

 “It’s all in the luck, kid. It’s all in the luck.”

~~~~~

All of us turned to the doorway when we heard the front door open. Even though they were still out of sight, I could already make up the voices of Yuna and Jungkook. I mentally sighed in relief.

At least I have Yuna with me for tonight.

“Yo!” the guy, Hobi as I heard Taehyung call him, greeted the two as they emerged from the living room and walked toward the table. Yuna immediately took the seat next to mine as she acknowledged me with a smile.

“It’s nice seeing you here. I honestly thought I’d get eaten alive by these people,” I whispered lowly to her and she just giggled which I thought is actually really cute, opposite the Yuna I just witnessed during lunchtime and more like the angel Yuna I came to know.

“Don’t worry. They don’t bite but if in any case they do, call me,” she said, patting my lap before facing away from me to look at the boys in front. She smiled to them and I could see how caring they are for her because they reciprocated her expression with their own, even the nonchalant guy.

She must be close to them to get such reactions.

“Food!” I was broken from my thoughts upon the little scream Jin, the school nurse, did as soon as the helpers, working for Namjoon, came in through the door, bringing trays of food- food that looked and smelled delicious even from afar. Just by staring at it, I’m already assured I’ll be enjoying them until my heart’s content. This, by far, may be the best thing that’s happened tonight.

“Woah! My mouth’s already watering!” I exclaimed and clasped my hands together as the huge platters were placed in front of me. There were a variety of dishes and they were cooked in ways I can’t even tell. The only thing about cooking I know back at home is probably just frying and making soups.

“Close your mouth,” Taehyung commanded and I obediently did so before beaming at him. I’m just very happy to even bother with his bratty attitude.

He looked away from me and mumbled something I couldn’t quite hear well enough to understand.

“What was that?” I asked, leaning a bit closer to him but he moved slightly away while averting getting into eye contact with me.

He cleared his throat and turned to look at my direction, still avoiding my eyes. “Don’t eat too much. You might clog the toilet back at your place,” he said while he placed the table napkin unto my lap, carefully arranging it to cover my legs. Once he was finished, he immediately looked away and tried to start a conversation with Jimin who was in front of him.

“Don’t be shy, Yerin-ssi. All these are for you. Make sure you taste everything,” Namjoon told me before ushering one of his helpers to come. A lady heeded and he whispered something to her to which she gave a curt nod before disappearing into the kitchen.

“I asked her to get us some grape juice since it’s your favorite,” he told me.

“How-”

“Your little sister told me that when I went there yesterday.” It was Yuna who answered even before I could finish my question. She lifted a peace sign with her fingers and I just let out a sigh.

Well, it’s Yuna anyway. She’s fine unless…

“Were you with her?” I asked, leaning a bit forward to address Jungkook who was sitting beside Yuna on the other side.

“Of course. I am her boyfriend slash designated driver.” He gave an impish smile which made me think whether to smack him or not.

I almost facepalmed had all eyes not focused on us. If it was only Yuna, it would have been okay but who knows what Jungkook did. He is a younger version of Taehyung and probably as evil and as bratty as him as I witnessed a while ago back at the electronics shop.

“Relax. I was good. I swear.”

I decided to ignore him and instead, thought of calling mom when I get back home to make sure myself that he didn’t do or say anything stupid.

“He didn’t do anything troublesome,” Taehyung spoke up, diverting my attention from Jungkook and back to him once more. I didn’t know what got into me but I somehow found myself believing him, as weird as it may sound.

I exhaled lightly. There was no use in starting an argument anyway. I might as well eat now rather than bicker with some alien and his accomplice. “Fine.”

Namjoon finally cleared his throat to attract our attentions back to the table. When he saw that we were all looking at him, he clasped his hands together saying, “Shall we eat?”

~~~~~

“Aaahhh!” I grunted satisfyingly as I rubbed my already bulging belly. Eating plateful of those luxurious dishes really helped in filling my appetite. Never has my tongue felt so happy my entire life. It made me wonder then what would it become of me if I have Namjoon as my fiancé instead of the little alien.

“Was the food okay, unnie?” Yuna questioned as she allowed one of the helpers to remove her plate from the table. Before it was taken though, I noticed how mannered she was at eating. I glanced at my plate and saw what a mess it was after I took food here and there while Yuna’s looked so clean as if she were a queen dining with me, a lowly peasant who doesn’t even know table etiquette. In fact, I even had Taehyung place the table napkin for me since I only left it in the table, thinking it was meant for wiping spilled food.

“Unnie?”

I placed my thoughts away as I turned to Yuna. She was waiting patiently for my reply while I zoned off into my own world again.

“It was delicious, actually.”

“I’m glad you liked it, Yerin-ssi. It was meant for you after all,” Namjoon told me with smiling eyes. That only made me think that out of the seven of them, he’s probably the one I like the most. He’s caring, well-mannered, and considerate of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter