Chapter XII

Collide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER XII

**YERIN**

“How much longer do we have to continue roaming around? I mean we’ve already been to ten stores. I don’t even need that much clothes,” I complained while struggling to catch up with Taehyung’s quick pace all the while trying to massage my sore feet. We’ve been strolling this gigantic place for hours now. It’s already past one in the afternoon and I haven’t eaten lunch yet let alone breakfast and this is all because some brat just couldn’t bear with my fashion sense. Well, I would not have a problem with this shopping thing had I not been the one to carry everything. Such a gentleman he is…

I adjusted the bags dangling from my hands as they began to slip off. It would have been easier if this man in front of me offered to help with carrying everything. Sure, I have some stuffs here for myself but he bought some for him too. He should at least carry half of the bags. I am a girl for goodness’ sake!

“Could you slow down for a minute? I’m having a hard time here,” I called out, still struggling with the weight on my arms. Taehyung didn’t even bother to hear me out. He continued to walk away, leaving me behind. I swear I’d run off if he doesn’t stop this instance.

“I said stop!”

It wasn’t really my intention to scream but all these pent-up frustrations in me over Taehyung is just too much to handle that the words I was about to say came out like I was yelling bloody murder. As a result, all eyes me while I stood there in the middle of the crowded area, ashamed and unknowing of how to react. I just humiliated myself in front of all these people and I don’t even know what to do next. Should I run? Hide? Blame Taehyung?

The last one was my safest bet but even that, I don’t know how to do. I just stood frozen as my face burned from the embarrassment. I could feel the piercing gazes of the people. They must have thought of me as a crazy woman who just wants attention. Okay, I am definitely not that. Curse Taehyung for this to happen. My life is already miserable enough and he just had to come and worsen it.

I took a huge gulp while I fidgeted. I’m not one to be that good with people. I get so self-conscious easily. In fact, I could already feel my palms beginning to sweat. And the people, who surprisingly continued to stare as if waiting for me to do something, are not helping my situation at all.

I took deep breaths to calm myself as I shut my eyes. This attention I’m getting, it’s suffocating. I could feel my head beginning to spin.

The shopping bags that were once in my arms slowly fell to the floor one by one but I paid no mind to what was happening. I was getting dizzy and I could already feel my legs becoming all wobbly. Any minute now and I’d probably collapse.

“You’re just going to stand there and do nothing?”

I opened my eyes when I heard the familiar voice and upon doing so, I came in eye contact with Taehyung. He was staring at me with a nonchalant look but there was something else in there. My mind’s just too hazy to know what it is.

“I-I…” I was rendered speechless. I looked around and people were still looking at me, probably waiting for me to throw another fit so that they can have some amusement for themselves. Really? Don’t they have anything better to do than to pry at another people’s business?

Taehyung must have noticed how I was reacting to the gazes directed at me. And I don’t know what good soul possessed him that time because instead of teasing me about this humiliation, he opted to retrieve the bags from the floor before addressing everyone who was staring at us.

“Show’s over people! Get back to your petty lives and mind you own business if you don’t want to get in trouble with me!”

Immediately, everyone stopped looking and went back to their previous tasks. I could say I’m relieved but still, does that mean I owe Taehyung for this one? I’m already indebted to him for this job he offered me. I don’t want to add any more.

“Come on,” Taehyung said as he took all the bags in his arms before grabbing my wrist and dragging me along with him.

We were walking like that for a few minutes and I still don’t know what to say. If there’s a time for me to speak, now would be greatly appreciated. The awkwardness between us after that little incident keeps on growing thick that I could probably cut through it with a knife. I bet Taehyung feels it too.

“Are you okay with Italian food?” he asked out of the blue which caught me off guard that it took me a few second before I could come up with a response.

“Uh, yeah. I’m fine with that. In fact, I’m fine with any food as long as it fills me up and it isn’t poisonous.” I faked a laugh after to ease the tension and I could tell it somehow worked judging from the small chuckle that escaped Taehyung lips upon hearing my lame attempt at a joke.

“I wouldn’t want to poison my fiancée now, do I? Who’d walk down the aisle if you’re already dead?”

I don’t know if it was meant as a joke or what but I felt my cheeks getting hot when he mentioned the word ‘fiancée’. Of course, I know it’s just my role in this act he made for show to the people around him but still, getting used to being called his betrothed is not an easy task. I have to acquaint myself with the weird feel of it while remaining nonchalant outside for the others to see. It may seem like a piece of cake but trust me, if any other girl’s in my shoes, she also wouldn’t know what to do. She’d be just as clueless and lost as I am.

“You have got to stop it with all these daydreaming. It’s getting quite annoying,” Taehyung complained while we made our way to wherever this restaurant he has in mind is. “And troublesome,” he added.

Okay, I know I’m not at my best once I get caught up in my thoughts but he doesn’t have to insult me for it. If I were not grateful as of this moment for saving me back there, I would have strangled him without much hesitation. He’s lucky I’m in my good side for now.

“Well, if you would have just walked slower then I wouldn’t have had to humiliate myself,” I retorted. I am the type of person who doesn’t just back down from a fight, grateful or not.

“You could have caught up without humiliating yourself, just so you know.”

That shut my mouth up for a second. He does have a point but I’m not going to tell him that. Instead, I pulled my wrist away from his grip and halted, chin held high and arms crossed over my chest.

When he noticed my halt, he did too before turning to look at me. His brow was arched, challenging me, with his sly smirk. I wanted to punch it off his face so much but I know I shouldn’t so I resisted the urge by clenching my fists back and forth. I’ll have my day.

“Can’t think of any good comebacks?” he said, the smirk only growing wider. It was true that I have nothing better to say but I’m not giving up that easily. Just because I’m under his authority, considering the employment, doesn’t mean he could get away with making fun of me. I am Jung Yerin and I don’t accept being looked down no matter my social standing.

“I don’t need one. Idiots like you can’t get them anyway.”

Boom.

That got him. I know. I saw how he flinched a little. I have no idea why we’re in this battle of pride but it’s fun and interesting and my ego is at risk so I have to do everything I can to win. I’m not Jung Yerin for nothing.

“Says the girl who freaks out in a crowd.”

Well, I could say that was partly true and a good one too but I didn’t let it get to me. I held my chin higher and raised a brow at him.

“I had not freaked out. I was merely shaken by the attention.”

He gave a slight chuckle while shaking his head before he turned around. “Great way to rephrase what I just said.” With that, he began to walk back again, leaving me behind for the second time today.

I would have grumbled about it but something else overpowered in my mind. And that’s the reality of how he was still carrying all the bags and he didn’t even realize it himself which means more comfort for me.

“Hey, wait up!”

**YUNA**

I sighed contentedly as I stretched every limb in my body. It’s been hours since I began making my report and thankfully, I got to finish it without much trouble. Jungkook wasn’t much of a help as he said he would be but still, his presence here somehow aided in lifting up my mood.

“Are you done?”

I casted a glance at my boyfriend and nodded my head enthusiastically. “Yeah.”

“Great!” He clasped his hands and pushed his chair back, standing up in the process. “Can we go now?”

A frown appeared on my face. I can’t believe he’s saying this. What would Eunha think? She could misunderstand it as something like we’re not interested in keeping her company any longer.

Jungkook caught my reaction pretty quickly. He bit the insides of his cheek and sat back down, muttering a low sorry while doing so.

I nodded in approval before I turned to take a look at my best friend from across the table. She was still busy typing in her laptop that she must have not heard our conversation or if she did, she paid it no mind. Maybe she even wants us to go so she can do her work without distractions but I doubt that. Eunha’s always lonely

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter