Chapter V

Collide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER V

**YERIN**

I was so coped up with eating, popping one churro to another into my mouth that I did not even notice someone emerge from the main room. Only did I grasp the situation when almost every girl began to crowd the person, eager to hear whatever announcement is coming up.

“I thought they were flashing the results on screen,” I said to myself but decided to stand up and join the bundle anyway. I was way at the back but my taller frame when compared to the other girls allowed me to catch a glimpse of the person in front. It turned out he was a boy around my age. He had a mop of brown hair which I had to admit was styled to perfection in such a way that even I can’t deny that he looked quite handsome. However, something tells me he looks familiar like I’ve seen him before. I just couldn’t quite pinpoint when and where though.

“Is he a celebrity or a model perhaps?”

I tried to think about it but gave up in the end when my mind didn’t cooperate. As soon as I returned my attention back to reality, I then heard the boy clear his throat in which some girls couldn’t help but squeal over. I rolled my eyes at their antics. The boy was hot, that I had to admit but he’s not worth that reaction.

“Ladies, I’m here to tell you that there has been a change of plans,” he began.

Whispers and murmurs then exchanged the squeals as everyone started to wonder on what’s about to come. I could care less though. I mean I don’t even know what I’m signing up for.

“Due to time constraint, we will be unable to interview those who have passed the first round so we decided to pick the lucky girl based only on the registration form.”

Upon the sudden news, the murmurs became louder. I could hear some people talk about going home saying it won’t be them. Others were complaining on how unfair that would be. And some remained silent with their hands clasped together, obviously praying for luck.

I gave a dejected sigh to myself knowing it would be impossible for me to win. The form I gave Yuna was a complete joke. I didn’t even try hard to write things to impress whoever would read it. I turned around and started walking my way to the elevator as soon as the boy began to speak once again.

“We are truly sorry for this but something important just came up which needed to be addressed immediately. To those who won’t be chosen, we thank you for taking the time to partake in this event though. As a way of showing gratitude, we’ll be handing out certificates worth two hundred dollars each for XQuisite.”

Shouts of joy and cheers followed and it really wasn’t a surprise to me. XQuisite is one of the top fashion brands in Asia. It’s probably every girl’s dream to own something from the brand even if it’s a mere bracelet or hair clip.

“I guess I’ll be selling a certificate then,” I told myself as I thought of who from my limited amount of friends would be willing to buy the gift certificate. It was the only way I could make money after betting my luck on this event. Two hundred dollars isn’t so bad anyway. At least, I tried.

I stopped walking when I realized something- something important.

“I haven’t bid Yuna goodbye yet.”

I turned around and walked back while slapping my forehead, ignoring the lines forming as girls struggled to claim one certificate from the newly set-up table by the other corner of the room.

I didn’t exactly know where to find Yuna but my guts are telling me she’s inside the main room. So, I opted to make my way over to the direction of the door only to stop when I felt a grip around my wrist.

“There you are.”

*****

“Where is Jungkook going?”

Taehyung stopped playing with his phone to look at Yuna. “He’s off to announce something. There has been a change of plans.”

“What?! How come I didn’t know about it?” Yuna stood up from her sit and approached the lad, towering over him with a grave expression. She already had everything planned out for Yerin and the two just had to ruin it all without even prior notice.

“It was sudden. Besides, what has gotten you so hyped up about it? Last time I recalled, you weren’t even in approval of this plan wholeheartedly,” Taehyung defended as he placed his phone aside, preparing for an argument which he’s quite not sure he’s going to win with Yuna being his opponent but trying wouldn’t hurt.

“Yeah but I’m here now, aren’t I? Which means I changed my mind. So, you better tell me what’s going on,” she challenged with her gaze narrowed at him. Taehyung shivered slightly but he tried hiding it away. Yuna, despite being two years younger than him, would always have this effect on not only him, but the rest of the gang as well. He couldn’t even imagine what Jungkook must have gone through with her. The thought scares him enough that he shoved it to the back of his head and put on a strong face even if he’s terrified to hell by the daggers he’s receiving from Yuna’s glare. He swore he’ll never not be scared of this woman and that is why he knew from the start he’s not winning this argument.

Taehyung gulped as he hesitated to speak at first. He knew he needed to form his words well because Heaven knows what’s in Yuna’s mind and Jungkook’s not even here to come to his aid.

“We…uhmm…we decided to cancel interviews.”

“WHAT?!” Taehyung flinched when Yuna slammed her hand into the table. It must have hurt but the girl acted like nothing happened and continued to glare at the boy before her. “You better tell me you’re joking.”

“I’m not. We already chose the girl.”

Taehyung prepared himself for a smack so when Yuna took a deep breath, he shut his eyes and waited for the pain. Luckily for him, nothing came. He opened one eye to peek and saw that Yuna was no longer facing him. She was scanning the table by her right, looking for something.

“Who’s the girl?”

Afraid to anger his companion further, Taehyung merely retrieved the form from the folder by his side and handed it over. Immediately, Yuna snatched it and scanned its contents. Taehyung isn’t sure what luck happened to him or what graces was given to him by the Heavens but he was grateful for it when he saw how Yuna’s face softened and the threatening aura surrounding her faded as she let out a sigh of relief which he doesn’t know what for. He’s just glad he survived this one.

*****

Yerin was stunned. She stood frozen on the spot as she stared face to face with the handsome young boy with the perfect hair. He had his grip on her wrist while he waited for her to react.

“Excuse me?” was all she managed to mutter. She slapped herself mentally for the poor approach on the situation.

“I was looking for you. I’m glad I found you. I was afraid you already left.” He flashed her a big smile and somehow it reminded her of a bunny. Why? She doesn’t know. He just resembled one.

“Uhmm, do I know you?” Yerin arched one of her eyebrows as she gazed at the guy. No matter how handsome he was, she just can’t let herself be swayed that easily. Looks aren’t everything in a guy after all.

The guy let out a low chuckle and removed his hands from her wrist before taking a step back. “Oh, how rude of me. I forgot to introduce myself.” He reached out a hand for her to shake. “I’m Jeon Jungkook. It’s nice to meet you, Yerin-ssi.”

She thought twice for a moment before accepting the handshake saying, “Likewise. Do you mind if I ask how you know my name?”

Instead of giving her a proper answer, he opted to flash his infamous bunny smile at her and Yerin felt herself melting a little at his cuteness but she brushed it away. She reckoned now was not the time to ogle at a very good-looking boy. “Please come with me.”

Still caught up with her admiration for his looks, Yerin simply nodded with mouth agape and without much hesitation, she followed him toward the direction of the main room’s entrance. Neither started a conversation and despite how much Yerin wanted to break the silence, she couldn’t bring herself to think of something significant to say that would somehow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter