Chapter VI

Collide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER VI

**YERIN**

I’m not certain about what’s happening with me. All I know is that strange voices seem to come from around me, whispering words I couldn’t decipher. I also don’t have an idea as to why my head felt like it had just been split in two. It was aching so much that I shut my eyes tighter which made me realize. Why are my eyes shut in the first place? Nothing is quite making sense.

“Do you think she’ll still wake up? She hit her head hard,” I heard a boy say. Was he talking about me?

“She’ll be fine,” another male answered. This time, the voice sounded familiar- oddly familiar.

“This is your fault,” a girl said in an accusing tone to whomever of the two.

“Yuna?”

That sounded like Yuna.

Forcing myself to open my eyes, I squinted as soon as the light from the room shone directly on my face and I just had to shut the back before trying again to adjust to the brightness of the room I’m in. It turns out that I was positioned just right beside a window during what I assume to be early in the afternoon.

“I haven’t eaten lunch.”

Wait. That is not what I’m supposed to worry about.

I groaned lightly as I shifted from my previous position and upon doing so, I heard steps rushing toward me.

“Oh, thank God you’re awake! Are you okay? Does your head hurt? Do you need anything?” It was Yuna who was crouched down by the couch where I’m currently laying. I turned to her and smiled weakly as she assisted me in sitting up. I didn’t want her to put on that worried look for me when I’m really just fine. Only my head hurts and it’s even not that bad.

I struggled to get myself off the couch only to tumble back a little when my head started to spin once I did so. I was lucky to have Yuna catch me in time.

“You’re not okay. I should get a doctor. What if you had a concussion?” she said as she supported me to sit back on the couch. I was able to handle myself a little this time but still, my head is killing me. I think I really must have damaged something in here. Despite the pain, I waved a hand at her, dismissing the idea. It has only been a day since we met. She still doesn’t know how much of a survivor I can be. I’ve handled way worse than this like losing my only job. That left me more hurt like I have been stabbed in the chest multiple times. Speaking of which, I groaned when I remembered how I still needed to find the money to pay off the broken dishes within this week.

“What’s wrong? Is the pain not subsiding?”

I shook my head. “No. I just remembered something distressing.”

Yuna merely nodded before she turned to look at the person behind her which I only came to acknowledge the presence just now.

“Kookie, I think we need to bring her to the hospital,” she said and I felt Jungkook look at me, asking for my opinion. I violently shook my head and he nodded.

“I don’t think that’s necessary. Noona looks like she’s just fine. She recovered enough from her sleep.”

“Wait. Noona?”

“Eh, but unnie doesn’t look fine. She looks so pale,” Yuna debated.

“Unnie?! How old are these people?”

“You’re just exaggerating things, Yuna,” someone from behind Jungkook said before moving aside to show himself to me. “She’s clearly okay,” he continued while making his way over to me. He was the boy from earlier, I remembered. What was his name again?

“If there’s someone in this room who should be more concerned, it should be me. I am his fiancé after all.”

My eyeballs erupted from their sockets when I heard what he had to say. And right then and there, everything that happened a while ago flashed in my mind, all surging in my head like gigantic tsunami approaching shore.

“It’s Jung Yerin, am I correct?”

“I chose the right person.”

“It’s nice to meet you, Yerin-ssi. I’m Kim Taehyung, your fiancé.”

“You look like you’ve seen a ghost, a very handsome ghost, if I may add.”

I snapped out of my reverie and faced the lad who was now seated beside me with his lips curved in a playful smirk. I narrowed my eyes. How dare he make fun of my situation?

“Yeah. I wish you could just die and live off as a ghost,” I scoffed at him, keeping the same glare. He is the kind of person I really hate the most- conceited, cocky, and inconsiderate.

“Now, now. Let’s calm ourselves down. We still have business to talk about.”

“I won’t be talking business with you, jerk.”

He raised an eyebrow at me as if challenging what I had just said but just so he knows, I’m not one who would easily back down. He wants war. Then, bring it on.

I crossed my arms over my chest and held my chin up. “I don’t make deals with the likes of you.”

He chuckled lightly at my words, rolling his eyes in the process before he turned to look at Yuna and Jungkook who were simply watching us bicker with amused expressions. “Do you think she means it?” he asked them and they looked at each other before shrugging.

“Don’t include us into this, hyung,” Jungkook replied before he grabbed Yuna by the shoulders and turned around, walking away. “We got better plans than to spend our time watching you guys battle for your pride. We’ll see you at school.”

With that, they walked out the door and I saw Yuna turn to me one last time with an apologetic look before mouthing the word ‘Sorry’. I smiled even though I don’t really want to be left alone with a jerk named Kim Taehyung. And it’s not like I could beg them to stay for me anyway. Jungkook already looked annoyed. I still don’t know them or what they could do so I reckoned it would be better if I stay on their good side…for now.

“Okay!”

I was brought back to the cruel reality of being alone in this room with Taehyung when he loudly managed to catch my attention with his deep booming voice.

“Now that we’re finally alone, let’s get serious and set things straight here,” he said. This time, I could see he was no longer joking. He had that grave expression put on as he sat on the seat opposite mine, thoroughly observing me.

I remained quiet as I stared blankly, waiting for him to continue since I legit don’t really have anything to say. So, I might as well just shut my mouth up.

“Yerin-ssi, do you know what you signed up for?” he began and I shook my head. He took in a deep breath and I drew back a little. It is true though. I came here without knowledge as to what is going on. I’m only after the fact that there’s money involved.

“Yuna told me this could help me with my financial need so I decided to test my luck.”

“And you’re lucky, indeed,” he asserted while giving me a smirk and I almost caught my breath. Damn, he is handsome but I’d rather die before saying that out loud though. The last thing I want to do is to inflate his ego more than it already is. I’ll just keep this to myself for now.

“I don’t think I’m that lucky considering being chosen means working with you,” I replied to try and cover the fact that I just found myself admiring this man’s good looks.

“So many girls would die to be in your place right now. You should be thankful.”

And there goes my appreciation for his handsomeness, carried away by the great tides of his massive self-pride.

“Can we just avoid the conceits for a moment and talk about what really matters?” I rolled my eyes at him before leaning back on the couch. I could tell he is really enjoying this from the way he chuckled, amused at how annoyed I got by the minute. If this would be what I’ll be seeing every day from now on, then, I might as well go look for another money-paying work that wouldn’t test my patience.

“Okay, fine. I’ll stop,” he said before clearing his throat. He shuffled to posi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter