Chapter XX

Collide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER XX

**YERIN**

I tiredly fluttered my lids as I adjusted my eyes to the blinding morning light. It turns out I forgot to unbind the curtains once again. I’ve been forgetful of that lately since these days, I often fall asleep as soon as I hit the bed, no more hours of endless reflecting and deep thinking.

“Mmmm…” I moaned while I stretched my whole body. All my muscles feel so tense and the thought of getting a good old whole-body massage crossed my mind.

I chuckled. “Yeah, right. I don’t even have enough money to spare for my needs let alone my wants.”

Lazily, I sat up cross-legged on the bed, staring blankly straight ahead. It’s currently Saturday which means no class and more time for myself. This further means I could stay cooped up in this home to watch some chic flicks or variety shows on television. I haven’t done that in a while although staying on the couch for an entire day does sound boring.

“Hm, what else should I do?” I tilted my chin up and imagined the other possibilities of how I can spend the day. Various activities popped up such as walking along the Han River, taking a stroll in a nearby park, or going window shopping in hopes of seeing something that I might buy once I finally receive my paycheck from Taehyung.

“The last one isn’t so bad. There’s nothing wrong with being girly once in a while,” I talked to myself as I finally stood up and began to fix my bed, something I grew accustomed to do every day so as to feel like I’m already productive even if it’s still early in the morning.

I started to hum one of IU’s song as I did my usual morning routine which consists of brushing my teeth, washing my face with a cleanser I received as a gift from one of mom’s closest friend, and preparing myself a glass of cold fruit juice to awaken my system.

I was in the process of gulping down my drink in the kitchen when the doorbell suddenly rang, alerting me of a visitor this early in the morning.

Although somewhat annoyed at the fact that it was just around seven in the morning and I already have to face someone, I still decided to make my way to the door and greet whoever it is that thought it was okay to bother me this early. With a half full glass in one hand, I opened the door and I wasn’t actually surprised to see who it was.

Of course, it’s none other than my beloved ‘fiance’. Note the sarcasm.

My frown deepened. “What?”

“Get ready. We’re going somewhere.”

“I’m tired. I want to stay at home,” I lied but he just rolled his eyes at me and made his way inside without even asking permission to do so. Well, it’s not like I still haven’t got used to his attitude.

“Besides…” I began as I followed him to the direction of the living room where he settled himself on the couch. “The last time I checked, you were mad at me. Aren’t you supposed to not communicate with me or are you just having memory loss?”

He shot me a glare, but it no longer terrified me. After weeks of being stared at like that, I grew to be immune. So, I simply crossed my arms over my chest and raised a brow, challenging him.

It didn’t take a few seconds though before he averted his gaze. “I would have left you alone for the rest of your life had I not planned today before last night. It would be embarrassing to cancel now,” he said and I swore he added something else but I wasn’t able to hear it properly after he continued with nothing but a whisper to himself.

I snickered. “Wow, I never knew you were-”

“Can you please just shut up and get ready already?! Aish, you are such a pain in the .”

I was silenced when I noticed the way Taehyung’s brow knitted together but eventually softened (or was it just my imagination) when he realized it must be wrong of him to raise his voice like that.

I merely heaved a sigh and made my way upstairs without leaving a single word to him.

**TAEHYUNG**

I was occupied with a game on my phone when Yerin emerged from the stairs, now freshly showered and dressed up. I unconsciously bit my lips while I stared at the white lace dress she was wearing which reached just above her knees and the way she completed the look with white sneakers made her appear more innocent-looking, really opposite to my outfit for today which consisted of a pair of plain black long-sleeved top, ripped black pants, and black sneakers. We’re actually heaven and hell when we stand side by side, but the metaphor seems right anyway. Yerin could be the light and I’m the dark that does nothing but ruin the mood.

“Let’s go,” she told me with not much enthusiasm as her voice usually has. She didn’t even glance at me but made her way first out the door instead. I sighed. I know she’s sulking after what I did a while back. It’s my fault anyway so I decided to let her actions slip and followed her toward the car after making sure her apartment door is securely locked.

“Here,” I said while I handed over a piece of envelope to her once we were already settled inside my car.

She threw me an inquisitive look after receiving the letter. “What’s this?”

“Yuna’s inviting us to her birthday this coming Tuesday. She forgot to give you that invitation yesterday.”

“Oh.”

Neither of us said a word after and it got a bit suffocating for me to bear with this silence so I reached over the stereo and turned it on for some music. Right after, Big Bang’s song blared.

“This is my jam,” Yerin stated as she began to dance along to the tune. Now, it made me wonder how it’s possible for her to turn her mood three hundred sixty degrees in just a second when it takes me a whole day to do myself.

I threw a short glance at her as she continued to enjoy the music and without much consent from my brain, I found myself smiling. It would have been okay for me to smile but Yerin just had to notice it.

She grinned at me in return but I turned away in an instant, turning my focus back on the road out of embarrassment from being caught.

“Honestly, you look better when you smile. You should do it more often,” Yerin voiced out and unlike the cheery demeanor she was giving, her voice sounded sincere like the matter she was trying to open up was a grave one.

“D-don’t tell me what to do.”

She chuckled for a second or two before I felt her hand tap my right shoulder, sending a sense of warmth over my body for reasons unknown. Normally, I don’t like it when people touch me without my permission especially if it’s not someone from the gang but this woman is making me question if I’m still myself. As odd as it may seem, I feel like the things I think and do these days are entirely new, like I’ve been altered and to be honest, it’s annoying and obscure at the same time.

“You’re blushing.”

“Shut up.”

I no longer took the effort to deny because I, myself, felt the heat on my face. For sure, I’m looking like a tomato right now and Yerin’s obviously taking advantage of this situation for her own amusement.

“Where are we going anyway?” she asked, changing the topic, which somehow puzzled me. Isn’t she supposed to annoy the hell out of me especially when I’m humiliating myself here?

I looked at her, confused, and she just grinned at me but I know she’s planning something evil in her head. She’s probably even thinking of ways to humiliate me further. She’s just trying to throw me off guard by diverting my attention. Well, just so she knows, I’m not that stupid. I see through her friendly façade all too well. I am Kim Taehyung after all.

**YERIN**

I decided to spare Taehyung the embarrassment by asking something else instead because ever since last night, when I learned from his grandmother how he suffered something in the past, I feel like I need to lessen this sort of hatred I have for him. Somehow, I’m beginning to understand that maybe the way he is acting now is just a repercussion of what happened to him before. It’s like right now, I can relate to what others used to say that once you know the story behind a person, you’ll never look at him or her the same way again. That’s how it is for me when it comes to Taehyung. Now that I know (although not entirely) about his years before I came into the picture, I have this urge to take pity on him and even try and help him recover. And to top it off, all I know now is just a part of the whole. I can’t imagine how it would be for me if ever I find out the complete story. I may just cry in his stead.

“What are you trying to do?”

“Huh?”

Taehyung rolled his eyes at me. “I know you’re up to something.”

“What are you talking about?”

Does he really think I’m plotting something when I’m really just pitying him here? Okay, now he’s just being weird.

“Don’t play dumb. I already know so whatever it is you’re trying to accomplish, consider it a failure.”

If slapping myself in the face doesn’t hurt, then I would have done it by now. How stupid can he get? Besides, do I really look that sinister for him to think that I’m up to something not good? What an idiot.

“I’m not going to bother anyway.” I threw both hands up in surrender before facing away from him. It’s no use arguing with someone who’s close-minded as hell. He could think what he wants and I won’t even care.

“That’s right. It’s better if you just give up.”

I let out a huge exhale. Gosh, this boy is stupid.

**YUNA**

“What’s that?” Jungkook peeked over my shoulder and rested his chin on top of it. I was currently sitting cross-legged on the couch, scrolling over my laptop as I went online shopping for some new pair of jeans.

I tilted my face a little to his direction and smiled. “I’m online shopping.”

He pouted. “You could have just told me you wanted to shop. We could have gone to the mall instead of being cooped up here at your home.”

I chuckled and pushed his face away before I turned my body to his, placing my laptop to the side. Sometimes, this boy really just wants attention. Well, it’s not like I’m not interested in giving him some anyway.

“I don’t feel like going out today.”

Even though he was sulking, he still nodded, and I find it cute, the way he acts like such a baby despite his obviously grown-up look.

“You say that all the time.”

A laugh escaped my lips. He was right about that. Somehow, growing up as an introvert, I prefer to stay indoors than be exposed to the world outside. It’s a blessing how I met Jungkook who perfectly understands me even if there are times when he really wants to go on adventures.

I bent over to pinch his cheeks and replied, “You know me too well.”

He removed my hands from his face and used them to pull me closer to his chest which took me by surprise. I stumbled forward and he caught me just in time, hugging me by my waist as I fell toward him. As soon as I was securely tucked into his arms, he tightened his grip and began to recline, dragging me along with him.

I let out a soft cackle as I realized how awkward our position was.

“What are you doing?” I asked in between my giggles. Jungkook looked at me with an amused face and smirked.

“Cuddling with my girlfriend. Isn’t it obvious?”

I tried to hit him but gave up when I realized that I could fall if I move way too much although Jungkook did keep his arm around my waist. Still, I didn’t risk it.

“What’s obvious is that you’re taking advantage of the fact that we’re alone in this room.”

“Oh, yeah. There’s that,” he agreed before his smirk widened and I could tell he’s up to no good with that look. “So, how about we do something fun?”

My face automatically heated up when I realized what he meant by his words. I know he’s only joking with me since we’ve both agreed to ourselves that there would be no crossing the line before marriage but still, I can’t help but feel embarrassed and…excited?

It was Jungkook’s turn to laugh when he took notice of how red I was becoming. I buried my face to his chest and began to hit him on the arm to stop him from making fun of my situation.

It took him about a minute before he calmed down and he slid one of his hand to my shoulder to shake me as I still kept my face down out of the lingering unease with the current topic.

“I was just kidding,” Jungkook said to try and grab back my attention. “Yah, Yuna-ah...You know it was only a joke.”

I still did not look up. Yes, I am perfectly aware that he wasn’t serious when he said it. What I’m feeling shameful about is the fact that I honestly got jumpy over the said joke.

What the hell, Choi Yuna?!

I kept mentally slapping myself for thinking of such green thoughts and I blamed SinB for introducing me to all those Rated M movies. Now, I can’t even face my boyfriend after being more erted than him but of course, I’m not telling him that.

“Oy, Yuna-ah.”

Jungkook continued to shake my shoulder but as he did so, I buried my face to his chest even more, his perfume (which I love) now intoxicating my nose from the proximity I was creating.

“Choi Yuna.”

I played deaf and persisted on ignoring Jungkook. In no way could I face him now. I’m still too ashamed of myself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter