Chapter 8

Still Not Enough for You

 

“Bom, you don’t have to do this”

 

“Relax, I’m fine”

 

“I know you’re not ready yet”

 

“I am”

 

“No you’re not, please tell me you change your mind. I’ll cancel it right now”

 

“Hey Dara,” I grabbed her hand, “It’s okay, I’m completely fine. You don’t have to freak out like this” I chuckled.

 

Today is finally the day of the shooting. After spending a week preparing myself for this big day, I can say I’m 99% sure I can face Jiyong today. To my surprise, I am pretty calm. So calm that it freaks Dara out, which is why she has been babbling about canceling my attendance at the show.

 

“Aigo, what am I going to do with you” she pinched the bridge of her nose.

 

“Support me?” I smiled widely.

 

She stares at me for a few seconds before sighing. “Fine. But if you came back crying like a baby again, I will not bother”.

 

I nodded my head and smiled at her, assuring her that I will not come back crying again.

 

“Let’s get your hair and makeup done so we can get going” she said and went back to sit on the couch.

 

Oh, I forgot to mention, we’re currently at my favorite salon. I always come here whenever I want to get my hair or nails treated. Now I’m here for my hair treatment and makeup appointment for the shoot.

 

I only told the stylist what kind of dress I will be wearing and let her do whatever she thinks will suits me and the dress. The stylists in this salon are all very talented, I really like how they can come up with unique hairstyles or even make a simple hairstyle looks fancy. And not to mention, the price here is very affordable too. So it’s totally worth it.

 

After 30 minutes or so, she finally finished styling my hair as well as do my makeup. And I have to admit it, I am once again very impressed with her work. She simply curls my hair, half braid it and put accessories here and there which makes it look very beautiful. While for my makeup, she goes with a natural look, which is exactly how I like it. I’m not really a fan of thick makeups.

 

“Wow you look amazing. They really take good care of you” Dara chuckles.

 

“I know right”

 

I look at myself in the mirror once again, satisfied with the result, before walking to the cashier to pay for my treatment.

 

.

.

.

.

 

 

Alright, I take back my words when I said I’m super calm today. As we got closer to the TV station, I can feel my heart started to beat faster. And when I stepped down from my car, my heart felt like it could burst any second. I don’t really know whether I’m nervous about the shoot or seeing him again after so long. But one thing that I’m sure of is that I need to face whatever it is. So I took a deep breath and prayed that everything will go well, and that my heart will be strong enough.

 

“Alright, I need to go talk to the staffs so here’s your id,” Dara hands me a tag with my name on it, “you can head to the dressing room first. I’ve been there this morning, just go through this hallway, it’s the fourth one from the end”.

 

I nodded and proceed to find my dressing room. It can’t be that hard right, from Dara’s instruction it doesn’t sound like its hard to find. All I have to do is just quickly get into my dressing room and prayed that I don’t run into him on this hallway.

 

.

.

.

.

 

But I guess I spoke too soon again…

 

“Um… why is your face so red? Are you having a fever?” Dara said as she pressed her palm on my forehead to check my temperature.

 

“I’m fine…” I said weakly.

 

“You sure?” I nodded. “Well, then let’s get dressed and get going. The shoot is going to start soon”

 

God, I don’t think I will be able to get out from this dressing room ever again.

 

.

.

 

So, let me fill you in about what happened to me earlier.

 

I was just walking through the hallway, looking for my dressing room. There are so many rooms there and lots of people walking by. There are also many other celebrities as well as some other people dressed so formally which I assume could be one of the guests in today’s show. Some of them even greets me as we walk pass by each other.

 

There are so many people walking around the hallway that it makes it a bit crowded. And due to my anxiety, my brain suddenly acts weirdly which makes me think I have gone nuts for a second because I started seeing his face everywhere around me. It felt like I’m hallucinating.

 

I started walking fast and hope that I could find my dressing room as fast as possible before I completely gone nuts. As I reached the end of the hallway, I started looking for the last room and started counting from there.

 

One… two... three… this must be it!

 

Without double checking, I twist the doorknob to open the door and get in. 

 

Phew...

 

“What do you think you’re doing here?”

 

Suddenly, I hear a voice from inside of the room. I turn around but I don’t see anybody there. So I walked further away from the door and towards the voice.

 

Holy …

 

“B – Bom…?”

 

No, no, no, no way…

 

“Is that really you?”

 

“Ji… “

 

“Bom!” he immediately launches his body forward and hug me. Which literally caught me off guard. I was shocked by his action and my body froze on the spot, my eyes are widely open as if they are about to pop out any second. I couldn’t even process what is going on right now…

 

He hugged me so tightly that I start to have a hard time breathing, but that didn’t affect me at all as I’m still at the state of shock. He snuggled his face into my hair and I can slightly feel his breath on my neck.

 

“I miss you…” he whispered next to my ear.

 

And that is when I came back to my senses and my brain starts working again.

 

This is wrong… this shouldn’t be happening.

 

I use every strength that I have to push him away from me, which startled him as I can see from the way he looked at me after I pushed him.

 

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” I snapped.

 

“I – I’m just so happy to see you again…” he said carefully.

 

“Don’t you ever do that again” I glared at him.

 

“Okay… I’m sorry” he lowered his head.

 

*sigh*

 

I felt bad after turning him down harshly. But I guess that is for the best. I can’t let myself fall back into the dark pit again.

 

There was an awkward silence for a minute since neither of us knows what to speak.

 

“Ekhem,” I tried to clear the tension, “what are you doing here?” I said as I fold my arms in front of my chest.

 

“Huh?” he looked at me with a confused expression for a second before chuckling at me. And I’m the one who looks at him with a confused expression now.

 

What the hell is wrong with this guy.

 

“The question should be for you Bom, what are you doing here?” he chuckles.

 

“What do you mean…?”

 

Is this what I’m thinking it is…?

 

“You’re in my dressing room Park Bom”

 

.

 

I close my eyes and take a deep breath while keep on cursing millions of time inside my head. How can I be this dumb??

 

I didn’t really believe him even though he could be 99% right but hey, 1% can be really helpful for me now. So I walked towards the door and opens it to check it by myself.

 

And there it is, a big sign that says “KWON JIYONG” taped on the door. That is when I cursed inside my head again and shamefully turn around to face a half-laughing Jiyong.

 

“Ah… um… I’m sorry… I must be entering the wrong room” I said while looking down, not being able to make an eye contact with him.

 

Why is it so hot suddenly…?

 

“I’ll get going first” I immediately turn around and walk towards the door. I couldn’t stand any more minute being around him. Just the smell of him already drives me insane. And if I’m not strong enough to resist, I will be in his arms by now.

 

Just when I’m about to turn the doorknob, “Bom” he called.

 

I stopped my action but I don’t turn around to face him. “Its nice seeing you again”.

 

“I wish I could say the same thing to you, Jiyong” and I quickly get out of the room.

 

.

.

.

.

 

“I knew that dress will fit you well”

 

I stepped out from the fitting room and give myself a look at the mirror. I’m wearing a strapless vintage knee-length dress which Dara had bought for me to wear it for today. From my chest until my stomach is black in color and from my waist down is in green with some golden pattern. The dress looks very beautiful and elegant on me and it fits me very well. I even pair it up with a golden necklace to complete my look.

 

(picture of the dress: vintage dress)

 

“You will totally rock the show with that look Bom” Dara smiles at me.

 

“Thank you Dara, I owe you” I have to admit that I’m really impressed by this dress. How can Dara find such a perfect dress.

 

“No you don’t, that’s my treat for you. Now let’s go, the show is about to start” she said as she pushed me out of my dressing room.

 

Alright… here we go!

 

------

finally, Jiyong made an appearance! yay!