Prologue

Still Not Enough for You

*knock knock*

 

“Come in!”

 

*click*

 

“Hey Bom, um… I know you’re busy, but it is late now. Aren’t you gonna go home? Everyone left already and I think you should too”

 

“Ah… I must have been too caught up in my work again. I’ll leave soon then. You can leave first if you want to” I smiled.

 

“Are you sure…? I mean, Seunghyun is going to pick me up and I’m thinking maybe we can drop you off or something? Since it’s kinda late to be by your own”

 

“Thanks for the concern Dara, but I’m really fine by my own” I smiled.

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah, see you tomorrow Dara” I waved at her and start gathering my things.

 

“Okay then… be careful okay. And text or call me when you get home. Goodnight”

 

“Will do” I give her a thumbs up.

 

.

.

.

.

 

Turning off the lights, I made my way out of my store to lock it. The cold night breeze hits my face, causing me to shiver. Winter has finally come again. I quickly put on my gloves after locking the doors of my store and adjusts my beanie. Tonight is colder than the other night, maybe because it kinda snowed a little heavy today. I can feel my nose getting colder, they probably turned red already and I can see haze coming out from my nose as I breathe out. I tucked my hand inside the pocket of my coat and started walking back to my apartment.

 

Yes, I rented a new apartment not far away from my boutique and I have settled in for a year now. If you’re wondering, yes, it has been a year since I ended our story. A hard year that I went through though. But what can I say, I need to carry on with my life whether I like it or not.

 

I haven’t seen nor heard from him anymore until now. His face did show up millions of time on the television but I choose not to watch them anymore in order to avoid him. And the only way to do that is by indulging myself into my work.

 

Speaking of work, I did a great progress in my boutique that soon I can expand my store to a bigger one and I’m even working on opening a new branch in Japan soon. Last year, my collections succeeded well in Seoul Fashion Week which earns me a good recognition as a designer from citizens of Seoul and numerous other famous fashion designers. I even got an award for being one of the best newcomer designer of the year.

 

Seoul is just the same every night, a city that never sleeps. Even though it’s almost midnight, there are still many cars that passed by the road. Some of the roadside food vendors are even still open. Laughter and cheers can still be heard from the food vendors which means that there are still a lot of people who hang out there this late.

 

 

*Bzzztt…*

 

My phone suddenly vibrated so I reach out to my jeans pocket and take it out. Turns out, it’s Minzy. My long lost best friend from when I was still in the US.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Annyeong unnie! I hope you don’t mind me calling you at this hour”

 

“No, not at all. I’m actually in need of a company right now since I’m walking home alone”

 

“What? Alone at this hour? You’re insane unnie. Where is Jiyong oppa? He always picks you up after work”

 

Jiyong…

 

I paused for a moment after hearing his name. It feels kinda weird to hear someone brought up a topic about him. Maybe because it’s been a long time since I talked about him.

 

“Minzy-ah… we’re no longer together…” sad tone can be heard from my voice.

 

“What?? When? How?”

 

I knew she would throw me a tons of question, which is why I kept it a secret from her. But I guess my secret won’t last long.

 

“About a year ago. I don’t think I’m ready to talk about him. Sorry though for keeping it a secret from you”

 

“Ah… I get it. It’s alright unnie, please stay strong. If there is anything that you need, feel free to contact me anytime”

 

“I will, thanks. So… what’s up?”

 

“Oh! Almost forgot why I called in the first place,” she chuckled, “I’m coming back to Korea for good!”

 

“Wow, that’s a good thing! When will you come back?”

 

“Next month. We should definitely meet up and catch up unnie! I missed you so much”

 

“Aww me too minzy-ah. Contact me when you arrived okay”

 

“Okay unnie. By the way, I have a story to tell you”

 

“Really? Tell me”

 

Minzy starts telling her story which I know will entertain me through my whole walk home. I didn’t really answer her that much since it is very cold and I can barely talk properly because I keep on shivering.

 

I walk my way down the usual path I take every time I’m going home. Normally, it would only take me about 15-20 minutes of walk to get to my apartment from my boutique but the cold night has made my walk seems like forever.

 

I stopped at the stoplight, waiting for the light to quickly turn green so I can cross the road. My apartment is only one block away and I would like to hurry up and get home to a cozy and warm apartment of mine. I waited while still on the phone with Minzy. I tapped my feet against the pavement impatiently. The cold night is starting to kill me and the stoplight isn’t helping at all.

 

When the light finally turns green, which took like forever, I started walking to cross the road. But when I took a step forward, a sound of speeding sport car can be heard suddenly. I stopped suddenly, forgetting about the green light, and take a look from where the sound is coming from.

 

This is oddly familiar…

 

A sport car can be seen from a distance, heading to my way. As it got closer, I can see that it is a white car. The sound of the car’s exhaust echoes through the silence of the night. Upon seeing the car, I don’t know why but my heart is starting to beat faster.

 

This car is… familiar too…

 

I have a bad feeling about this and what’s worse is that I think that my feeling is going to be true…

 

The car slowed down and stop on the other end of the pavement, just the opposite road from me and right in front of a luxury hotel which happens to be located there. I stand still on my place, not moving even an inch like my feet has been glued onto the road. One moment later, the driver seat’s door opened and a leg came down from the car. Soon, my fear has been confirmed. The one and only person who I have been avoiding is right here in front of me. It’s his car and it’s him.

 

“Hello? Unnie? Are you still there?”

 

I completely forgot that I was still on a phone call with Minzy.

 

“I-I’ll call you back later Minzy, sorry” I ended the phone call without even waiting for her answer.

 

I couldn’t keep my eyes off the sight of him. There is this mix feeling of happiness and sadness inside of me.

 

It’s him Bom… it’s really him!

 

I was almost happy for one moment until I saw him jog towards the passenger door and opens it. Revealing a tall and familiar lady who I’m sure is wearing an expensive designer dress. I keep on watching the scene in front of me. When the lady finally got off from the car, she turned to her side to face Jiyong which reveals her face to me.

 

It’s her…

 

I looked at him and he is smiling at her, so does she. The next thing that I know, I can feel this huge bang inside my heart and I can feel that it actually hurts. It feels like someone just smashed my heart into million pieces with a giant hammer. The sight of them kissing is way worse than seeing him after avoiding him for a year. Unknowingly, my tears drop down to my cheek…

 

So you moved on… so she is really the one…

 

I let out a bitter chuckle while wiping my tears but it doesn’t help at all since more tears just escaped my eyes…

 

I saw them part away and he gave her a quick hug before she walked into the hotel. Even though it is heart breaking, I can’t make myself turn around and walk away from the scene. After seeing her enter the building, he turned around only to meet my eyes directly. We both froze and just exchanging eye contacts with each other without any words.

 

“Bom?...” he faintly said from the other side of the road, but I can still hear him through the silence of the night.

 

I still froze on the ground until he made a step ahead and try to walk towards me. That is when I’m back to reality and I quickly turn around, running away to another direction that I can take to go home.

 

“Bom wait!”

 

I heard him shouted but I just keep on running away. Going down the roads that took me longer to get home but better than running into him. The cold night doesn’t even bother me anymore since all I feel is hotness inside my body, my blood is rushing quickly inside me. My cheeks are warmed up by my tears.

 

I keep on running until I reached my apartment complex. I crossed the road again but this time I didn’t bother to see the stoplight anymore, I just run straight towards the road. That is when suddenly I hear a loud horn besides me.

 

I turned to my side to see a very bright light and the sound of tires screeching because of a sudden break. A car was only a few centimeters away from hitting me but stopped just in time. I was shocked about what is happening and fell down to the ground. I blankly stare at the ground while panting so hard, my heart pumping so hard that it could burst anytime.

 

“Oh my God! I’m so sorry, I didn’t see you there. I’m so sorry. Oh God”

 

I can hear a male sound. The driver must have come down to check on me.

 

“Are you okay? Are you hurt? Should I bring you to the hospital?” he showed his concern and tried to reach out to help me get up.

 

I glance at him for a second but turned away immediately.

 

“Why are you crying? Are you hurt somewhere? Please tell me” he grabbed my arms and tried to make me face him.

 

But instead, I pulled my arms away from him.

 

“I’m fine” was the words that I managed to say before running away from him and towards my apartment.

 

 

 

 

Tonight is definitely the coldest and saddest night of winter…

 

 

--------

how is it guys? let me know in the comment below ^.^

the journey of Bom is just about to begin, please subscribe if you want to keep up with her journey! :D