Chapter 16

Still Not Enough for You

 

“Here’s your cappuccino, Bom”

 

“Oh thank you, I really need that” I take the cup of hot cappuccino from Dara’s hand and take a sip.

 

These couple few days have been hectic and I barely get enough sleep. There has been an increase in the number of orders that I received, and I have to ensure the customers that they will be satisfied with the results.

 

None of the orders are custom made, but each products are ordered in more than one quantity. So, I have to make sure that the clothing factory made the right duplicate. Everything has to be placed on the right place and order, especially the details. Oh, don’t get me started with the details.

 

Today is finally the day of the deliveries, which can also mean the end of my sleepless night. I swear, I would sleep in until afternoon tomorrow. Especially when it is Saturday tomorrow, I’m so lucky.

 

“So, how’s the progess?” Dara asked.

 

“Hmm... so far so good” I nodded my head, “I've checked these two boxes already and on my way to the other three”

 

“You’re really crazy when it comes to work you know” she chuckles.

 

“Well, I guess that’s me” I smiled, “I’d like everything to be perfect”

 

“Yeah, yeah. You and your perfection” Dara rolls her eyes which cause me to chuckle.

 

 

*riiiinnggggggg*

 

“Hold on” I take out my phone from my jeans’ pocket.

 

I hold my phone in front of me to see who the caller is. I can feel Dara looking at it too from my left. And it turns out to be Taeyang. Dara immediately flash me a playful smirk which I return with a glare.

 

I pick up the call. But all I can hear is just a non-stop cough from the other end of the call, which cause me to panic.

 

“Hello? Tae? What’s wrong??” I said, but only to receive more coughs in return. “Don’t joke around Taeyang, it’s not funny” I’m starting to panic. Did something happen to him??

 

“H – help… me. I’m so sick…” he managed to say before coughing again. I’m starting to think that he has tuberculosis now.

 

No, Bom! Positive thought only!

 

“Where are you?? I’m coming over. Don’t say anything, just text me your address and I’ll be there as soon as possible” I said and hang up, hoping that he listened to what I said just now.

 

I look at Dara and she looks at me with a confused face. She’s probably wondering why I’m panicking over a phone call.

 

“I’ll explain later. Do you mind taking over the rest for me?” I hand her the notebook that I’ve been using to check the deliveries right away and I didn’t even wait for her reply before rushing out of the boutique.

 

I receive Taeyang’s message right after I entered my car and I immediately drive to the stated address. I was so worried that I don’t even remember to bring my purse anymore. I don’t have my wallet and my ids with me. I can only hope that the cops don’t pull me over because of speeding, cause I kind of rushing right now.

 

 

.

.

.

.

 

 

After about 20 minutes’ drive, I finally reached the address that he sent me. It turns out to be a rather luxurious apartment complex. I checked the address again to make sure I arrive at the right place, and I did. He even sent me another text stating his apartment number. This makes me a bit relief since he’s in the safe zone of his house rather than at other places.

 

I parked my car and quickly enter the apartment lobby. I got caught up by the security since they won’t let me in on my own. The owner of the apartment needs to come down and pick me up.

 

I don’t have much time to deal with this, who knows what has happened to Taeyang. He could be needing some emergency help right now and this annoying security won’t let me pass. That is until I mention Taeyang’s name.

 

His name works like a magical key or an instant pass to enter his apartment. The security immediately lets me pass and even escorts me up till the floor of his apartment.

 

No wonder the security knows him, he freaking lives in the penthouse of this apartment. That is like the most expensive one, not to mention this apartment looks luxurious, the price is probably ten times more expensive than my apartment.

 

When I step out of the elevator, there is only one short hallway that leads to his penthouse’s front door. I walked towards it and starts pressing the doorbell. But I didn’t hear any reply or anyone opening the door.

 

Ugh, who am I kidding. He could’ve been passed out inside!

 

I start panicking again at the thought of it. I was about to run back down to call the security for help when suddenly I hear the door being unlocked.

 

I held my breath until the door is finally opened, revealing Taeyang in one piece and not looking like he’s about to die any minute. I exhale a very long breath of relief after seeing him.

 

Wait… he doesn’t look like he’s dying. In fact, he looked as healthy as a man could ever be! What the hell…

 

“You…” I glare at him. “You lied to me, didn’t you?!” I can feel my anger boiling up to my head. How can he joke about something like this?? I could’ve died because of a heart attack or panic attack just now.

 

“Well… you can say that” he chuckles nervously while rubbing the back of his neck. I immediately walk forward towards him and hit him with a hard smack on his head.

 

“Yah! What was that for??” he shouted while rubbing his head out of pain.

 

“You deserve it” I look away from him and turn around to go back home.

 

Tsk, what a waste of time. I could’ve finished checking all the deliveries by now.

 

I could feel myself rolling my eyes as I walk away. But that was until my fourth step that I felt someone grabbing my hand, yanking me back and into the apartment.

 

“What the hell??” I snapped as I saw Taeyang closing the door.

 

“You’ve wasted your time coming here, might as well spend the rest of your day here” he smiled.

 

“Whatever” I rolled my eyes again and walk into his living room. I take a seat on the couch, fold my arms in front of my chest and drown into my anger.

 

“You’re cute when you’re mad” he chuckles and I glare at him. I hereby, officially declare that I will ignore him for the rest of the day.

 

He tried to speak to me for the next few minutes but I won’t utter a single word or even look at him.

 

“Alright, I’m sorry bom…” he finally apologizes. But sorry isn’t enough for what he put me through. I almost ran over a couple of cars because I was rushing to get here. “To be honest I’m actually si – “ he said before he got cut off by his cough.

 

“I’m not falling for that anymore” I said without looking at him. But apparently, he keeps on coughing a few more times before stopping and sniffing.

 

“Bom, I – I’m serious…” he sounded weaker this time. I turned towards him, who is now sitting on the couch beside me and he is indeed paler than before. I begin to worry again even though I’m still unsure whether this is another joke or not.

 

I look at him more closely this time and he indeed has a runny nose. That probably explains why his nose is red right now. His symptoms show that he caught a flu. I raised my hand and place it on his forehead and I could feel that it is slightly burning, meaning that he probably has a light fever.

 

“Yah! You’re sick aren’t you??” I stand up immediately and pull him to stand up too. “Show me your bedroom” I said while pulling him to start walking. How can he still pull a joke when he’s actually sick. 

 

“I tried to tell you just now” he said, still with his weak voice. I didn’t answer him back and keep on escorting him until we reach his bedroom. His penthouse is so big that it took so many turns to finally reach his bedroom.

 

I told him to lie down on his bed and tuck him in comfortably before walking away to prepare a cold towel. I took a fresh new small towel from his dresser after he told me where it is placed and head towards the bathroom.

 

I set the sink tap into cold water and turn it on, letting it flow for a few seconds before dipping the towel into the flowing water. After I feel that the towel is cold enough, I turn off the tap and squeeze the towel to dry it a little bit.

 

I went back to Taeyang and he’s already sound asleep, light snoring can be heard. So, I carefully place the towel on his forehead after I make sure that the coldness is enough to make him feel comfortable, and hopefully help his fever to go down.

 

He stirred a bit when I place the towel but went back into a deep sleep again. Unconsciously, the sight of him sleeping makes me smile. He looks so peaceful when he’s sleeping, it’s like he had finally gotten a good sleep after a hectic week. He really reminds me of Jiyong, they both look almost the same when they sleep. So peaceful and silent, only light snoring can be heard. For a brief moment, I even saw Jiyong’s face instead of Taeyang’s.

 

Aish what am I thinking!

 

I shake my head to erase my thoughts about him. But speaking of the devil, the devil itself decides to send me a message. I sat on the edge of the bed while opening his message.

 

[How’s the progress?]

 

Ugh, when will this guy learn how to stop.

 

I rolled my eyes and type away, giving him a short reply.

 

[Been busy with deliveries. Try again next time]

 

With that, I close my phone and head out from Taeyang’s bedroom. I’ve been thinking of making a warm soup for him while he rests. I’m sure by the time he wakes up, the soup will be ready. So, I went to his kitchen, which took me about ten minutes to find, and start looking for the ingredients to make the soup.

 

.

.

.

.

 

 

Being too indulged in my cooking, I didn’t realize that I have spent more than thirty minutes in the kitchen. I end up making a vegetable soup since it is the only ingredient that I can find inside his fridge. My soup is finally ready and it makes the whole kitchen smells so good, it almost made my stomach growls.

 

I take a spoonful of the soup to give it a taste, and it turns out to be delicious. I started pouring the soup into a bowl and place it on the tray along with the spoon and a glass of water. After the bowl is full, I close the remaining of the soup inside the pot and head back to his bedroom.

 

I hope this will help him feel better…

 

.

.

 

 

I enter his room and he is still sleeping soundly. The towel on his forehead falls to the pillow as he sleeps on his side. I place the tray on his nightstand and shake his shoulder lightly to wake him up.

 

“Hey” I smiled as I watch him waking up. He turns to face me while rubbing his eyes, which I find it cute.

 

“Hey” he replied with his sleepy voice.

 

“How are you feeling?” I press my hand on his forehead to check his temperature. Thank God his forehead is not burning anymore, his fever must have gone down.

 

“Much better now” he said, and I sighed in relief.

 

“I made you soup” I take the bowl of soup from the tray and hold it in front of him, ready to feed him.

 

“Here, eat up so you can take your medicine after” I blow a spoonful of soup before holding it in front of his mouth, “aaaa” I said, gesturing him to open his mouth. He chuckles and opens his mouth.

 

“Hmm, it’s good” he smiled, “I want more” he opens his mouth, asking me to feed him again which caused me to chuckle. He totally turns into a five-year-old right now.

 

Suddenly, the image of Jiyong flash before my eyes again. But I quickly shake my head to make it disappear.

 

“Are you okay?” he asked, a little bit concerned.

 

“I’m fine” I smiled and continue to feed him again.

 

It didn’t take long for him to finish the whole bowl of soup. I placed the bowl back on the nightstand and went to his bathroom to grab his medicine after I asked him where it is placed.

 

I opened his bathroom cabinet and found a few medicines placed in it. I searched for the flu pill and went back to give it to him. “Here” I hand him the pill and the glass of water I brought earlier.

 

Finally, there’s one difference between him and Jiyong. Taeyang doesn’t have a problem taking his medicine while Jiyong is the complete opposite of him. He would always refuse to eat his medicine no matter how sick he is. I remember I would always have to force him to take his medicine and there’s even one time where I have to secretly mix the medicine into his food.

 

“So,” I snapped back to reality when Taeyang spoke. I saw that he had already placed the glass back onto the tray, I guess I spaced out a bit longer than I thought. “Can you cook for me again?” he smiles.

 

“What? Didn’t you just eat??” I look at him with a confused face. He had just finished a bowl full of soup and yet he still asks me to cook for him again.

 

“Well, I want a real food. Not just a bowl of soup” he pouts. “Come on Bommie, cook for meee~” he whined like a baby while tugging my hand.

 

I tried to ignore his request but he keeps on using his aegyo to charm me. And I guess I fall for it because I end up agreeing to cook for him again.

 

 

So here we are, in his kitchen. I prepare to cook while he pulled out a chair and sits near the kitchen to watch me cook since he’s still a bit weak.

 

“Based on your ingredients,” I turn around to face him. “I can cook pasta and salad, which one would you like sir?” I smile playfully.

 

“I would love to have both” he chuckles.

 

“Both? Isn’t that too much?” I said in disbelief.

 

“Of course not since you’re going to join me for dinner” he said which makes me blush. I nodded my head and quickly turn around to hide my red face.

 

I take the apron that I was using earlier and tied it around my neck and waist. I also tied my hair every time I cook to avoid my hair falling into the food. After I finish preparing myself, I begin to work my magic on the ingredients.

 

 

.

.

.

.

 

 

“Tadaa! Carbonara spaghetti and my signature Caesar salad” I place both dishes on top of the dining table. Both of the foods are freshly made, there’s still even some smoke coming out from the spaghetti.

 

“Whoa, it looks amazing” Taeyang said as I give him a fork.

 

I took a seat in front of him and placed another two dishes of the food I just made while he proceeds to taste the dishes, starting with the pasta first. I stare at him and waits enthusiastically for his reactions. He starts swirling the spaghetti with the fork and eats it.

 

There was a silence as he chews on the spaghetti. I started sweating cold sweat as I waited for his response but it took forever for him to say something. “So?? How’s it??” I said impatiently.

 

He chuckles at my reaction and decided to mess with me a little more by not answering. I glared at him and kick his leg from under the table which cause him to yelp. It’s my turn to laugh now.

 

“Aish, why do you have to be so violent?” he said while rubbing his leg. I grin and stuck out my tongue at him. He shakes his head and broke into a smile.

 

“It’s delicious, if that’s what you’re wondering” he finally said, “I might as well hire you as my personal cook” he said which makes me blush.

 

I quickly look down to my food to hide my face and begin eating as well. We both enjoy our food together and even chat a little. I can see that he’s getting much better than he was when I arrived here. He’s less pale now and definitely look more alive. He’s back to his usual chatty personality and he makes me smile a lot.

 

We were having so much fun until my phone decides to ring and interrupt us. I excuse myself to pick up the phone which turns out to be a call from Dara. It’s weird because Dara rarely called me after work hours, we would only text each other.

 

“We have a problem” is the first thing that I heard from her when I picked up the call. Not even a hello, no anything, just that. "I hate to interrupt your date, but this is kind of urgent" she continues.

 

“Whoa chill. It's not a date and what’s wrong?”

 

“Your boutique in Japan is undergoing a problem” that’s it, the words that sent me into panic mode in just a second. “One of our employee there has been stealing from us for a couple of weeks already. They haven’t catch who, but the manager called me to tell about his concern”

 

I massage my temple while hearing her explanation. This is just too much to take in, things like this has never happened to me before. I’m very selective when it comes to hiring employees, but why one of them decided to turn against me…

 

.

 

I curse a millionth time inside my head as I hear Dara’s further explanation. She told me that our manager there has been suspecting something fishy going on there because our accessories are always missing the next day. It has been going on for a few weeks now and he couldn’t help but to inform Dara.

 

“They haven’t found the culprit yet??” I snapped when I heard Dara said it. “Haven’t they check the security cameras?! It’s installed there for a reason! I didn’t freaking buy it just for decorations!”

 

God dammit!

 

“Calm down Bom. Yes, they’ve checked it, but they didn’t see anything suspicious”

 

I scoffed as I heard what she said. How can my accessories gone missing and they didn’t find anything suspicious happening there?

 

“Book me a flight to Japan for tomorrow, now” I said sternly. I will go there by myself and check on the security recordings myself. I will not let this slip away again especially when the manager informed me after a few weeks already. This is not how I expect my employees to behave.

 

I hung up the call after everything is settled with Dara. I sighed and pinched my nose bridge.

 

And there goes my plan to sleep in tomorrow… ugh. I can’t believe this is really happening.

 

I close my eyes for a moment to calm myself before returning back to the dining room. I tried my best to put back on the cheerful face I had before the call but it didn’t work well.

 

“What happened Bom? I heard you scolding over the phone” Taeyang said, he speaks softly as if to help me feel calm. “Do you want to talk about it?”

 

I sighed again and start telling him what happened. I know this is a private thing inside my business and I probably shouldn’t tell any outside parties about it, but somehow, I feel like I can trust Taeyang about it. So I tell him everything, not just the problem, but how I felt about it too. I was completely honest with him about everything as if we’re lifetime best friends.

 

He keeps quiet, not even uttering a single word to interrupt me and just listens to everything that I’m saying. After I get everything out, I could feel a huge burden inside me is lifted instantly.

 

“So yeah… that’s my story. I’ll be leaving for Japan tomorrow for a few days until this problem is solved” I tried to smile.

 

“Hey, you know what” he smiles, “I happened to be leaving for Japan too tomorrow, for a business trip. Maybe we can meet up and I’ll help you solve your problem”

 

My face lights up when he said that. Not the part where he said he would help me, but the part where he’s going to Japan too. I tried to contain a smile by biting my bottom lips.

 

“Yah, are you even healthy enough to travel? You could barely even stand up on your own feet earlier”

 

“I definitely feel healthier now, especially when a certain someone took care of me” he smiles while looking at me which makes me blush again. “…and not to mention, her cooking is so delicious that it boosts up my energy immediately” his words made me blush even more, I bet my face is like a boiled crab right now.

 

“Yah, stop your sweet words already. I might get diabetes soon” I broke into a smile and chuckle with him.

 

 

*ding dong*

 

 

The doorbell suddenly rings, breaking our attention. The moment with him was so good but apparently someone has to come and ruin it. “I’ll get it” I said and rush to the front door.

 

The doorbell rings again for two times before I reached the door. I don’t know if it’s the penthouse that is too big or the person ringing the bell is very impatient.

 

“Wait, wait. I’m coming!” I shouted as I get closer to the door. I reach out for the keys that is hanged next to the door and push it into the key hole. I turn the key thrice to the right to finally unlock it.

 

I swung the door open to see who it is. “What can I help you wi –“ the next moment I knew, I was frozen upon seeing who’s the guest.

 

What is he doing here…?

 

I can only manage to say inside my head. My lips were slightly parted and I couldn’t look away from the person in front of me and that person is doing the exact same thing. Both of us are speechless, not believing what our eyes see.

 

“Bom, who is it?” I could hear Taeyang’s voice coming from the distance but both of us is still staring at each other until Taeyang reaches us.

 

“Bom, who is – “ I snapped back to reality when Taeyang’s voice is exactly beside me. I turn to look at him but he’s already looking at the person I was looking at before.

 

“Hey, Ji. What brings you here? Shouldn’t you be at work?” Taeyang greets him warmly.

 

“Hey, um… I come here to check on you, I heard you are sick” he said, “I hope… I’m not interrupting anything?” he rubs the back of his neck nervously.

 

“Actually –“ Taeyang begins to talk but I cut him off, “No, of course not. I was just about to leave”

 

“Really? But it’s still early…” he pouts.

 

“I have a flight to catch tomorrow, I need to pack” I smiled, “I’ll just go grab my phone then. I’ll leave the rest of the night for you two to catch up”

 

I take a step away from them only to be halted by Taeyang again. He said he will grab me my phone. That was my only excuse to get away from Jiyong but instead, Taeyang left me alone with him now.

 

I let Jiyong in and close the door. It was very awkward between us, none of us says a word. If I have my phone with me right now, it would’ve been easier. I could just pretend to be busy on my phone to ignore him.

 

“What are you doing here?” Jiyong decided to speak up first.

 

“Isn’t it obvious? I’m here to see Taeyang” I turn to look at him and his face shows that he's not pleased. 

 

“I thought you’re busy with deliveries?” 

 

“Yeah, I was busy with deliveries this morning” I tapped my feet impatiently on the floor.

 

Why is he taking so long??

 

Thank God, Jiyong didn’t ask anymore questions until Taeyang came back, although his face is still showing that he's unpleased. “Sorry if I take too long” he hands me my phone.

 

I thank him before opening the door, ready to leave. Of course, before I leave, I had to lecture him about taking his medicine on time and remind him to bring it tomorrow. He chuckles and nods to every instruction I gave him.

 

“Alright then, I’m leaving. Bye Ji” I bid him goodbye for the sake of being nice and polite, he returns it with a smile and a wave.

 

 

“Bye Tae, get well soon” I smiled, “see you in Japan” I said and walk out of his penthouse.

 

------

aww isn't Bom a professional nurse? xD. And who look forward to see some Bombae moments on the next chapter?? 

 

taeyang1805 asked:

"Is theRe any chance of bom and Taeyang together ?"

 

Yesss peopleee there is! But you guys will have to keep on reading to find out when Bombae's ship will sail ;) 

 

Thank you for reading and don't forget to leave a comment! :D