Chapter 15

Still Not Enough for You

 

“PARK BOM SPOTTED A COUPLE OF TIMES IN A COFFEE SHOP WITH THE OWNER OF YB HOTEL, TAEYANG. SHE MOVED ON FROM KWON JIYONG ALREADY?”

 

“THE YOUNG DESIGNER, PARK BOM SEEMS TO CAUGHT THE ATTENTION OF ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL BUSINESSMAN”

 

Seems like reporters nowadays ran out of ideas to make a good article.

 

I scroll through the electronic newsletter app on my phone and saw my name pop up a couple of times on the entertainment section. Apparently, it’s not only Jiyong who has penetrated through the entertainment world, Taeyang too, slowly. All of it are trashy news but I decided to open one of the news article anyway and read it.

 

‘Young designer and also the owner of SPRING brand spotted with Taeyang, the owner of YB Hotel, a couple of days earlier in a coffee shop near one of Taeyang’s hotels in Seoul city. They were spotted having a casual conversation – ‘

 

 

Yep, definitely trashy.

 

I immediately close the app, unable to continue to read the article. There are tons of things that happened in Korea, crimes, celebrity scandals, and many more. Yet they chose to write an article about me having a normal conversation with Taeyang. What a creative idea they got.

 

I guess trying to look for a good news in the morning is definitely a perfect way to ruin your morning. I take a bite of my homemade pancake and try to forget about it, which is successful. Nothing is better than a double layered blueberry pancake with whipped cream and a glass of warm milk in the morning. It’s one of my favorite food. But then again, I have lots of favorite foods. The thought of it makes me chuckle a bit.

 

*Tling*

 

The notification sound on my phone suddenly rings and my phone screen light up. I check it and apparently I receive a message from a rather interesting contact name, which is ‘always reject’. It took me a few seconds to regain my memories of whom the number belongs to.

 

Ah… now I remember.

 

Apparently, even though I had changed my number, my phone still saves everyone’s contact. No wonder I still got his number registered in my contact.

 

I unlocked my phone and read what he has to say to me.

 

[Did u work on the changes yet?]

 

I rolled my eyes. I thought he would not bother me for real, but I guess three days are the maximum for him to resist.

 

[It’s been only 3 days. And fyi, ur project is not the only thing I have to work on.] I type back.

 

Within less than a minute, he replies back. I know he is the type of person who goes to work early in the morning and comes home late. Work is something important for him and I know he rarely arrives late to his office as well as business meetings. But one thing that he was good at being late is going to dates with me and texting me back.

 

It’s still early in the morning, but it’s definitely his work hours. Few years ago, he won’t even be holding his phone during these hours. But here he is, texting me back within less than a minute.

 

[Oh yeah, my bad. When will u get started?]

 

[Probably in a few days or next week. Idk, why?]

 

I purposely waited for his next reply. I need to confirm if it’s just a coincidence that he replied fast or he really did text back faster now.

 

And as if my theories were right, he replied almost immediately. I don’t even know how fast he typed to be able to reply this quick.

 

[Let me know then. I’d like to help if u need guidance :)]

 

[I don’t need ur guidance. U made urself clear enough on the meeting. If you want to help, help on the next meeting.] I replied with a dead-end reply to him since I don’t intend to have a longer conversation with him.

 

I lock my phone and place it besides my plate on the dining table. I went back to enjoying my pancakes and the peaceful moment. But it didn’t last long, not even for five minutes. My phone starts ringing again, this time I received a call.

 

I groaned in annoyance and pick up my phone, intending to reject the call and put my phone into silent mode, or even turn it off. That is until I saw who the caller is.

 

“Unnie! How have you been?” a cheerful sound enters my ears as I pick up the phone.

 

“Hi Minzy-ah!” I replied in equal cheerfulness. She’s after all my favorite dongsaeng. “I’m fine, how about you?”

 

I answered her call while continuing to eat my pancake. I have abandoned it for too long, so I better eat it before it gets completely cold. I only got two layers of pancakes but it took me ages to finish it because of all the interruptions.

 

“I’m good unnie!” she answers back, “actually, are you free today? I’m back here for a few weeks and I wanted to catch up with you. It’s been quite awhile you know” she chuckles.

 

It’s true though, it has been quite a long time since we last saw each other. She came back to Korea for good a few years ago but left for Japan a year later. I would be lying if I told her I’m free since I’m not. I got tons of work to do. But she’s back here for a few weeks, it will be worth it to take a day off for her.

 

“Hmm… yeah I’m free” I said, “where do you want to meet?”

 

“Our usual spot of hanging out of course” she chuckles, “don’t tell me you forget it already?”

 

“No, no. I remember it well” of course I remember it, that café is like our favorite spot everyday before. I even brought Jiyong there a couple of times. “Is 11 a.m. okay?” I said as I check the clock. It’s still 8.30 a.m. so I have plenty of time to get ready.

 

“11 a.m. it is!” she said and I confirmed it before saying goodbye and hang up.

 

It’s good to have her back even though it’s just for a few weeks. I really missed her despite our lack of seeing each other.

 

I quickly finish off the rest of my pancakes and my milk, which have turned cold by now. But I don’t really mind it anymore. Before I proceed to get ready, I send a message to Dara. Telling her that I will be taking a day off today, but I would probably visit the boutique at the evening if I have time.

 

After receiving her reply, I went to take a nice warm bath.

 

 

.

.

.

.

 

 

“Unnie! Over here!”

 

The moment I enter the front door, I saw Minzy waving from the corner of the café. Seems like she has been here for awhile because she had ordered her drink already.

 

“Hey!” I approach her and immediately launches to hug her, which she returns back. “I’m sorry, have you been waiting long?” I sad as I take a seat in front of her.

 

“Nah, it has only been a few minutes since I got here. My order came fast” she smiled. “Go on, order anything that you like. It’s my treat!”

 

“You don’t have to, Minzy-ah” I chuckle.

 

We went through a five-minute battle of who’s going to pay for the drink and Minzy keeps on insisting that she will treat me since she’s the one who invited me. But being stubborn as usual, I also insist on paying the drink since she’s the guest here in Korea.

 

In the end, I have no choice but to let her win the battle. It’s just so hard to say no when she chose to use her ultimate aegyo power at me.

 

“Alright fine, you win” I pout. “But if I visit Japan next time, I will treat you” I glare at her which makes her chuckle, but nods anyway.

 

I called the waiter to order and he write down my order which are a hot cappuccino and two banana muffins, which is the signature muffins of this café. It’s quite big in size, but one muffin only will not satisfy my tummy. Yes, it is that delicious.

 

“Anything else miss?” the waiter smiles at me.

 

“No, that’s all. Thank you” I smile back and he nods before walking away to make my order.

 

I look back to Minzy and we start catching up like how we would every time we meet up. I had just realized that she changed her appearance. It’s not quite different from how she is the last time we met, maybe that’s why I didn’t really recognize her changes.

 

She had a shoulder-length hair back then and it is a very light brown in color. But now, she dyes her hair a little bit darker and her hair has grown out longer.

 

“So, how’s Japan?”

 

“It’s great unnie! I’ve always dreamt of living there” she beamed upon talking about Japan. I knew it had always been her dream to go there since we’re younger. “There are lots of cute stuffs there! I know you’ve been there but I got you a few of them” she held up a big carton bag and hands it to me.

 

“I hope you still like corns and frogs” she smiles.

 

I took the bag from her, which is quite heavy. I wonder how many things she bought me this time. She always showers me with so many gifts every time she came back from overseas. I always told her to not spend so much money on such gifts but I guess she’s just as stubborn as I am.

 

I opened the bag and inside, I can see tons of corn and frog related stuffs. From corn dolls, corn mugs, corn plates to frog dolls, frog home slippers and many more. I don’t even know what to do with all these things.

 

“This…” I’m still speechless upon seeing how much she had bought me. “Yah, why you bought me so many gifts...” I pout.

 

“I’m sorry, I just couldn’t help it” she chuckles, “they all reminds me of you so I keep on picking them”

 

I sighed, I don’t know what to do with this woman anymore. “Thank you… but you don’t have to buy me a lot of gifts though” I smiled.

 

“It’s okay unnie! I insist. I’m glad you’re happy”

 

We continue catching up about our current lives and even reminiscing our good memories in the past. The story of how I knew her goes way back to my school years. We knew each other throughout the whole school years but we only managed to become friends when I’m in high school. I wasn’t a very socialize person back then, maybe that’s why I’m a bit shy to meet new people, even until now. I prefer to stay in my comfort zone more than getting out of it.

 

Minzy is two years younger than me and we became friends because we used to have swimming lessons together. She’s a cheerful person, almost as cheerful as how Dara is. She instantly became my favorite dongsaeng. We hung out many times before I graduated and moved to the US for college. After that, I hardly have the time to meet her again, especially when she moved to Australia.

 

From that moment on, we never met each other anymore. That is until 2 years ago that she told me she will be moving back to Korea for good. She did stay here for a whole year before moving to Japan to pursue her dreams, which she has achieved now. Being a model and a professional dancer as well as opening her own dance school, are her jobs right now. And I’m really proud of her achievement.

 

“Um unnie…” she said in the middle of our conversation, her face turned a bit serious. I just look at her with a confused expression. “Isn’t that… Jiyong oppa?” she nods towards the direction behind my back.

 

I didn’t believe her until I saw it by myself. He is really there, few tables away from us. Thank God, he didn’t realize that we’re here as well.

 

I continue to stare at him. He’s here with someone, a girl to be exact. I wanted to see who that girl is but the waiter who’s taking their order is blocking my view. I waited impatiently for the waiter to move, I’m dying to know whether that is the who stole him from me. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not that I still care about him, but I just wanted to know if their relationship really lasts this long.

 

Then maybe I could know if she’s the one that is enough for him…

 

Minzy seems to not bother that I was ignoring her to spy on them as she has not utter a single word or try to stop me.

 

Few minutes later, the waiter finally moved as they finished ordering. Once the waiter walks away, I finally get a clear few of the girl’s face. I was prepared to see her face again, but it turns out to be not her. I didn’t really get a good view of her face as she’s sitting sideways, but I know that is definitely not her.

 

I felt a bit relief after that, even though that doesn’t really confirm whether they are still together or not. However, as I stare more at her face, I get the slightest feeling of familiarity towards her. But I choose to ignore it, thinking it’s probably one of his friends or maybe… his mistress.

 

I guess I stare too long at them because a second later, Jiyong turns to my direction and our eyes met. Both of us widened our eyes, but I quickly put on a poker face and look away from him.

 

“Do you want to go to the mall? Let’s go shopping” I tried to sound normal, but as if Minzy knows my cue, she agrees immediately.

 

I finish my last bite of muffin quickly and pack my things while still chewing. We both look like someone who’s going to run away from the cops. Within a short time, we finished packing our things and ready to go. I went out of the café first while Minzy went to the cashier to pay. On my way out, I took a glance at him again and he’s still staring at me, probably throughout my whole actions. But I couldn’t care about that anymore, I just wanted to get out from here and go as far away from him as possible.

 

Luckily, it didn’t take long for Minzy to pay for our orders. When she finally walks out of the café, we both immediately head to the mall. I really didn’t plan to do any shopping today, but I guess it is better than staying at the café.

 

.

.

.

 

The sound of my phone’s notification suddenly rings when we’re in the cab. I take a look at my phone screen and apparently, ‘always reject’ messaged me again.

 

[It’s not what u think it is]

 

It took me a few seconds to understand what he’s talking about. I really didn’t expect him to care that much about what I saw back there. I choose to lock my phone back and ignore his text anyway.

 

But surprisingly, he sends me another message again.

 

[I can explain]

[Please answer me]

 

That’s it, I need to set this straight. I have no time to play his games anymore.

 

[What is there to explain?] I finally replied.

 

[About what u saw earlier] he replied instantly. Seems like he’s waiting for me to reply.

 

[Let me remind u again, Kwon Jiyong-ssi. Didn’t I tell u before to not bother me except for work-related stuff?]

 

[Yes, but I thought I should explain after seeing how u react before]

 

[Look, I’m not going through this again. How I react and how u live ur life now is none of my concern anymore. So, unless u want to talk about work, don’t bother texting me. Or I will block u right away.]

 

I saw that he tried to type something again but I quickly close his message and delete it. Not looking forward to see what he has to say.

 

I guess I put the right contact name for him as his calls or messages are meant to be always rejected.

 

 

--------

CKings27 asked: 

"The other woman?

What happened to the other woman he cheated on Bom with?
She and Jiyong were working together and a year later Bommie 
had seen them still together. Is Jiyong still with her.

Thank you on updating : )"

 

don't worry about her guys, i haven't forget about her. She will make a comeback soon! 

and a little spoiler, the identity of the girl in this chapter will also be revealed later. So, keep on reading and find out what happened ^^

 

Thank you for reading and don't forget to leave a comment :D