Chapter 5

Still Not Enough for You

 

“So is it true Kwon Jiyong-ssi, that Park Bom-ssi used to be your lover?”

 

“Ah… I heard she made a statement about that already” he chuckles.

 

“Yes she did. We would like to know your statement about it”

 

“Well, she told the truth. I love her – “

 

I shut down the TV directly.

 

Love? How could he! It’s supposed to be loved. He clearly moved on from what I saw a year ago.

 

It’s still early in the morning and they are already airing shows with him in it.

 

Dammit.

 

I got up from my bed and went to the kitchen to make some breakfast for me. Today is Saturday, I planned to take a break from work and just stay home. I really looked forward to spent my day off but apparently, I had just started my day with some TV show with him in it. Which is not a good sign for me.

 

And boy, I was right about that. Seeing him this morning sure do give me another bad luck.

 

I opened the kitchen cabinets only to be greeted by a bag of potato chips and the rest of the cabinet is empty. So empty that for a split second, I thought I saw spider webs at the back corner of the cabinet.

 

How long have I been eating outside?? There’s barely anything to eat here.

 

 

*sighs*

 

 

I really need to go grocery shopping as soon as possible. Thank God there is still some frozen sausages and few eggs. I decided to fry them and make myself an omelet along with sausages and tomato sauce as the topping. It’s nothing special and definitely not much, but I guess it could fill up my stomach for now…

 

I don’t really cook that often for myself because I’m lazy. But trust me, I’m really a good cook. Well, at least Dara acknowledged my cooking. And not to mention, I cooked a lot for him too before.

 

After a few minutes, I finished making my breakfast. I also pour myself a cup of milk to complete my breakfast. I sat on the kitchen counter and enjoy my food while browsing through my phone.

 

“[BREAKING NEWS] KWON JIYONG ADMITS THAT PARK BOM USED TO BE HIS LOVER”

 

“[LIVE] CONFESSION OF KWON JIYONG”

 

“KWON JIYONG: ‘SHE TOLD THE TRUTH. I LOVE HER AND WE WERE TOGETHER FOR 4 YEARS’”

 

“KWON JIYONG SAID HE LOVE PARK BOM? COULD IT BE AN UNFINISHED LOVE STORY?”

 

What the hell?? I just watched the show few minutes ago and now his name is already all over the news??

 

I thought I heard it wrong but he really did say love instead of loved huh…

 

What are u up to Kwon Jiyong…

 

.

.

.

.

 

 

“Did you hear the news?”

 

“What news?” I picked up one package of yogurt with one hand while the other one holding the phone.

 

Apparently, my plan to stay home today didn’t really go as planned. This morning, I was positive that I could go through the day with the amount of food stocks that I have left. But an hour ago, I unconsciously finished up all the snacks I have left while watching my favorite Korean drama.

 

So here I am, at the supermarket, doing my very late monthly grocery shopping. I made a mental note to myself to buy as much groceries as possible, especially those who don’t expire quickly, so I won’t have to worry about grocery shopping for next month.

 

His news duh. It’s all over the internet” Dara emphasizes the word his and I immediately know who she’s talking about.

 

“What about his news” I answered, still focused on my grocery shopping.

 

I had to focus on picking the right groceries for me and checking each and every expiry date to make sure I don’t buy rotten food or drinks. And Dara just happened to call me suddenly, I thought it was an emergency at the boutique or something else but I really didn’t expect her to call just to talk about him.

 

“What are you doing Bom?”

 

“Huh? I’m just doing some grocery shopping. Do you want me to get you anything?”

 

“Ah yeah, toilet papers please, lots of them. I almost ran out of stock. Anyways, back to the question. Don’t you dare change the topic” Dara said.

 

“What topic? How’s the lady from yesterday? Did you give her a good hospitality?” I said, not bothered to answer her question. Because there’s no point of talking about him, right?

 

“Bom, be serious please! But yeah, she came here this afternoon and we settled everything already. Would you now please answer my question??”

 

“Hmm… alright, alright. Yea, I read it already. It’s the first thing I saw this morning and I hate it” I said while browsing at the milk section.

 

I really need to restock my corn flavored milk…

 

“Then?? Aren’t you gonna give me some reaction?” she said, demanding.

 

“No? What kind of reaction are you expecting?” I said while looking at the vegetables section.

 

Hm… maybe it will be great to have salad as my late snack tonight.

 

“Is this really you? Normally you would freak out. He freaking said he love you! On a TV show!”

 

“Maybe his tongue just slipped or the media heard it wrong. He must’ve said he loved me. Past tense” I rolled my eyes, thinking back of what I heard this morning.

 

“No way. I replayed the clip his fan posted and he really said he love you. Present tense”

 

“Look, Dara… I really don’t want to talk about him and I don’t care what he said. It could be only him fooling around with the media. I don’t care okay.” That’s it, enough of hearing about him for the day.

.

.

“Bom?” I heard someone calling me from behind suddenly.

 

I turned around to see the same guy from yesterday. Is he stalking me or something?

 

“Dara, I’ll call you back later” I said and hang up.

 

“Hey” he approaches me.

 

I only look at him and give him a small wave while continuing to concentrate on my grocery shopping. Which made me realize that I had picked out so many things inside my shopping cart. I think I should stop soon.

 

“It’s funny, I always seem to run into you” he chuckles.

 

After only waving at him to show my zero interest in having a conversation with him, he still manages to start one.

 

“Tell me, Taeyang. Are you following me?” I eyed him suspiciously.

 

“Um, no? Why would I do that” he laughs.

 

“Then why are you here?”

 

“Uh… grocery shopping? You’re in the biggest and nearest supermarket in this side of the town. It is usual for people to come here”

 

“Makes sense… but why do I have to ran into you in this specific section out of all the sections in this big supermarket?”

 

“Because you’re in a common section, you know, fruit and vegetable products section?” he points at the sign that has “FRUIT & VEGETABLES” written on it.

 

“Ugh whatever” I turn around to continue my grocery shopping.

 

“Hey come on don’t be mad” he chuckles while jogging towards me to keep up with my pace.

 

.

.

.

.

 

“Thank you for shopping here”

 

I thanked the cashier lady and collect all my grocery bags, which turns out to be five big plastic bags, and walk… no, more like wobble towards the exit of the supermarket.

 

These groceries are making me walk like a penguin… ugh.

 

But I suddenly stopped and turn around.

 

“Taeyang,” I called him, “why are you still here?” I looked at him who just finished paying all his groceries, which compared to mine, he only has two big plastic bags.

 

“Accompany you? You just noticed that I’m still here?” he said.

 

“No, I know you’ve been following me. But I’m good now, go home” I turn around and started walking wobbling again.

 

But to my surprise, he jogged towards me and suddenly stopped in front of me. Blocking my way.

 

“What are you doing? Move” I look at him.

 

“Let me drive you home” he smiled.

 

“No thanks. I can walk home” I tried to walk past him only to be blocked by him again.

 

“With all that groceries?” he eyed the big plastic bags that I carry.

 

Well he has a point…

 

“Come on, I don’t take no as an answer” he suddenly grabbed all my groceries from my hand and starts walking towards the parking lot.

 

“Yah! How dare you!” I yelled but it seems like he pretends he didn’t hear it. I wanted to just walk away but I need my groceries. Especially when I just spent a quite amount of money on it. And not to mention, I desperately need those to survive at home.

 

I guess I have no other choice…

 

And with that I reluctantly follow him to his car.

 

.

.

.

.

 

“Wow, you remembered my apartment” I said while unbuckling the seat.

 

“Is that supposed to be a sarcasm?” he asked, but I just shrugged.

 

The whole ride with him was filled with his talkativeness. I almost got a headache because of him. Most guys would always keep on a cool look but he… well, he’s just being him.

 

We both got off from his expensive sport car, which by the way, who would ride such car just to get groceries. Our groceries barely fit in the trunk of that car.

 

He helped me carry my groceries to my apartment and even place it neatly on top of my kitchen counter.

 

“Thank you but you don’t really have to do this” I said after he finished placing my groceries inside my apartment.

 

“No problem, it’s nice helping you. Nice apartment by the way” he smiled.

 

“You can say so, it’s pretty cozy” I chuckled. “Do you want to have a drink first before you leave?”

 

“I’m sorry, maybe next time. I need to be somewhere” he politely rejects.

 

“Oh well. See you around then” I bid him goodbye.

 

“Oh, wait Bom!” he takes out his phone from his pocket. “Can I have your number?” he smiled shyly.

 

“Why do you want my number?”

 

“Well, maybe we could hang out sometimes, you know” he rubs the back of his neck nervously.

 

“Fine” I type in my number on his phone.

 

“Thank you and good night Bom” he waved at me as I close the door of my apartment.