Chapter 9

Still Not Enough for You

 

“Hello everyone!! Welcome back to the brand new episode of Let’s Talk!” everyone clapped. “Tonight, me, Lee Jihye, and my partner here, Dae Hyun, will be talking about a topic that has never been talked here in this show”

 

“Whoa interesting… can you tell me what the topic is Jihye?”

 

“Sure! It’s about business and don’t worry, we will not bore you!”

 

“Should we invite in our guests then Jihye?”

 

“Yes, I can’t wait to meet our guests!” Jihye clapped happily.

 

.

.

 

I can faintly hear the sound of the two MCs starting the show from my dressing room and as each minutes passed by, I’m getting more nervous.

 

Not long after that, I was rushed to the backstage since I’m going to make an appearance soon. I was told that I will be the last one to appear as I’m supposed to be their ‘surprise’ guests. All of the guests have already made their appearance and soon it will be my turn.

 

I take a quick last look at the mirror to check my look before stepping out of my dressing room. Dara accompanied me until I arrive at the backstage. Thank God when I arrive there, Jiyong had just entered the show area so I could only see his back walking out from the backstage and into the main stage. And now, the only thing that keeps me apart from the public eyes is the black curtain in front of me, which will be opened in a few minutes.

 

My heart beats faster as I stand right behind that curtain. I look at Dara and she seems to know that I’m super nervous as she grabs my shoulder and whispered “deep breath Bom, you can do it”. And I do exactly what she told me to do.

 

“Oh Dae Hyun, that is not all the guests that we will be having today. We will call out our final guest and also our big surprise to you all!”

 

Alright I guess this is my cue…

 

“I can’t wait, who’s the guest??”

 

“Alright, alright. Our show took a big step here and invited the woman who blew up the news lately and also a successful entrepreneur!” Jihye said excitedly.

 

I looked at Dara one last time and she mouthed ‘Fighting!” while giving me a big smile. I took a deep breath and a second later, the curtain in front of me lifts up, revealing me to the public eyes.

 

“Please welcome Park Bom-ssi everybody!” Dae Hyun shouted.

 

I walked out of the backstage and smile at the camera as well as wave at the audience there. “Hello everyone!” I tried to sound as calm as possible despite the fact that my heart is about to burst soon.

 

The MCs greet me and everyone is standing up, clapping while looking at me as I make an appearance. I can also see some of them are shocked to see that I’m the surprise guest. I went down a small stairs and join in with the other guests. I spot an empty seat with my name on it so I went there and take a seat. Thank God, the MCs are not cruel enough to pair me with Jiyong as seating partners.

 

“Whoa Park Bom-ssi, you’re so pretty tonight! I think I might fall for you” Dae Hyun joked. And I only managed to laugh awkwardly.

 

I’m bad at this…

 

.

.

.

.

 

The show went on and on until I guess about one hour has passed. The show started lightly and friendly. The MCs are very funny and they sure know how to host a show. Somehow, they even managed to turn awkward Bom into an outgoing Bom. I’m less awkward now and I can feel myself enjoying the show.

 

They have each of the guests to join into the conversations and somehow we all just connect. We join in into the conversation here and there and we joked around a lot. We also talked about our businesses and share some ups and downs while starting it. I didn’t expect I would say this but, I’m definitely having fun here. All the seniors are giving me inspiration to work even harder.

.

.

 

“So, Bom-ssi, your name is all over the news since you admit you have been in a relationship with Jiyong-ssi. Why do you choose to make this statement?” Jihye asks.

 

So it has finally come down to this part…

 

“Ah… to be honest I don’t really know myself” I chuckled shyly.

 

“Aigo come on, you must have a reason” Dae Hyun chuckles.

 

“I really don’t” I smiled shyly, “I just thought it would be better if I don’t keep avoiding the truth, but the news blows up the internet next day” I laughed.

 

“I thought of making that statement before you, you know” Jiyong cuts in.

 

“I thought you would not admit you had a girlfriend like me before” I answer him back.

 

Suddenly, I feel like we’re both the only one on the stage right now. I feel him staring right into my eyes with those beautiful, perfect pairs of loving eyes and his cute smile that I can’t never get enough of. Come to think of it, he's wearing a tuxedo that suits him very well, making him even more handsome. But I know I need to remain strong and calm, the very last thing I want to do is to fall into the temptation again.

 

Come on Bom, get a hold of yourself. Don’t fall for that!

 

“Of course not, how could I not admit a perfect girl like you as my former girlfriend. You’re the greatest thing that ever walked into my life” his words struck me like a lightning.

 

I found myself blushing because of him, my cheeks are getting hotter and hotter. I bet the redness of my face will soon be visible even through my makeup.

 

“Its sad that everything didn’t work out at the end…” he continued.

 

That is when I came back to my senses. I scoffed in my head as I remember exactly why ‘we’ didn’t work out.

 

Perfect girl my . If I was perfect, you wouldn’t have cheated.

 

“Wow, wow, slow down there love birds,” Dae Hyun interrupted, “I think I might get a diabetes soon by just looking at the both of you” he joked.

 

We carry on with the conversations and also answer some questions from the viewers. I accepted this show thinking that it will be kind of boring but turns out, I had a lot of fun.

 

After about 2 hours or so, we finally wrap up the show.

 

.

.

.

.

 

“You did great Bom!” Dara cheered as I got back to my dressing room.

 

“Thanks” I smiled.

 

She handed me my spare change of clothes that I wore before the show and I quickly get into the fitting room to change. As much as I love this dress, casual clothes are still way comfier.

 

“I still can’t believe he has the nerve to say that to you” I can hear Dara babbling right outside of the fitting room.

 

“Let him be, Dara” I said, but I know Dara won’t let this slip away until she gets all of her complains out.

 

So she goes on and on babbling about how Jiyong dares to say those words and how he can act like nothing serious has ever happened to us. She even warns me not to fall back into his trap again. To be honest, I totally agree with Dara, but I’m just not in the mood to discuss anything that relates to him. So unlike her, I decided to let it go.

 

I come out of the fitting room and started gathering my things since we’re leaving soon. Dara told me that she will head to the parking lot first to get our car and she will pick me up at the lobby. I insist going with her but she won’t let me. So I wait for her while chilling in the dressing room.

 

I was just playing with my phone while resting on the couch when I hear a knock on the door. I stand up and went to open the door, thinking that it is probably one of the staff.

 

But the person standing behind the door is not the one I’m hoping to see.

 

“Hey, um… are you leaving now?”

 

“What do you want Ji?”

 

“I… uh… I was wondering if you want to go grab dinner with me? My treat” he showed me his cute smile, which he probably knows I wouldn’t be able to resist.

 

As much as I want to say yes without thinking twice, I should not be giving him an easy pass into my life again.

 

“Look, Kwon Jiyong-ssi,” I said formally which made his eyes widen. “Just because we both crossed paths today that doesn’t mean I would let you in this easy into my life again. Don’t think that I can just let go of what happened between us that easily”.

 

I took a deep breath, “so don’t even bother to think about getting back into my life” I said and he looked down to the floor.

 

Thank God Dara called at the right time. “Well, that’s my cue to go. Goodbye Jiyong” I said and immediately take my bag and walk out of my dressing room before he can say a word.

 

 

 

I’m doing the right thing… am I…?

 

 

-------

what do you think guys? should Bom let Jiyong enter her life again? xD