Chapter 1

Still Not Enough for You

 

~ 1 YEAR LATER ~

 

“Good morning listeners! Today, we will be having a very special guest that will accompany you all throughout your lunch break! This special guest has agreed to share some of her stories exclusively only on K-radio. Love, heartbreak, career and other life stories will be shared and revealed to you all. Curious right?? Let’s just welcome our guest of the day, a rising fashion designer who recently has been a hot topic in South Korea for her success in the international fashion world with her latest summer collections, Park Bom!”

 

 

“Annyeonghaseyo!”

 

“Annyeong! Thank you for joining us today Park Bom-ssi, how are you?”

 

“I’m good. In fact, I feel very happy today!”

 

“Really? Why is that so?”

 

“It’s my first time being interviewed live on a radio!”

 

“Whoa… really? Then we must be lucky to be the first radio that you ever visited”

 

“No, no. I’m not that special” I chuckled.

 

“Of course you are! You have been a hot topic for the past month. How do you feel about it?”

 

“I’m not really aiming for such attention, but I’m very grateful though! I have been working my off for the past months to achieve what I’ve dreamt off ever since I was a kid. I will continue to work harder next time and come up with new ideas”

 

“Whoa… it sounds tiring to work in such short period of time”

 

“No, not really. I love doing what I’m doing now which is why it felt less tiring. Doing what you love is a true motivation”

 

“There everyone, a piece of advice from Park Bom”

 

I chuckled in response. This interview sure do make me smile a lot.

 

“I heard that your summer collections are purposely made to mark the opening of your new boutique branch in Japan?”

 

“Ah yes, my boutique is now officially open in Japan. People in Japan, you can now shop and enjoy my work!”

 

“Whoa… I have a cousin who lives in Japan, I’ll make sure to tell her to visit your boutique soon”

 

“You don’t really have to, but thank you” I chuckled.

 

 

“So… I would like to start the interview by asking this particular question that has been frequently asked by many people for you. Are you ready Bom?”

 

“Yeah. I think so” I chuckled.

 

“Okay. So, is it true that you dated Kwon Jiyong, the most well-known CEO in South Korea, for a long period of time before? Many people have been waiting to hear the answer from you Bom. Kwon Jiyong himself have neither deny nor confirm this, so we would like to hear your answer”

 

“Ah… I figured out that I would be asked this kind of question,” I chuckled, trying to sound as normal as possible. “Well, yes it is true. We have dated for 4 years before breaking up 2 years ago”

 

“Can we know why?”

 

“I’m sorry but I would like to keep that part of the story to myself only” I said politely.

 

“Ah… okay then. We totally understand your needs to have privacy. So, onto the next question then…”

 

.

.

.

.

 

 

“Thank you Bom for agreeing to do this interview with us” the interviewer said.

 

“You’re welcome. It is a pleasure to be invited here” I smiled.

 

“Alright then, see you Bom. Keep up your good work, hwaiting!”

 

“Thank you” I bowed.

 

*sighs*

 

Is this how he always feels after all those interviews and press conferences? It felt a little tiring though…

 

Aish, why am I thinking about him?!

 

I mentally slapped myself for that. I should be forgetting him, not keep on thinking about him or worse, concerning about him.

 

*riiiinggss*

 

I was startled by the sudden ring of my phone. I searched through my bag to find my phone and turns out, it’s Dara calling me.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hi Bom! Are you done with the interview?” she said cheerfully.

 

“Yeah, I just got done. What’s up?”

 

“I bet you haven’t had lunch yet, right? Let’s go grab some food! It’s on me, let’s go celebrate the first time you've experienced an interview on the radio”

 

“You know you don’t have to do that right? It’s not a big deal” I chuckled.

 

“Yah! How could you say that?? Of course it is very important! Come on, meet me at the Italian restaurant that we usually go”

 

“Hm… alright. See you there” I said and hang up.

 

.

.

.

.

 

 

“So, how’s your interview?”

 

“It was good. The interviewer was very nice and she always kept this cheerful atmosphere there. It’s totally different from being interviewed by magazines or news reporters. They are way too serious and tense” I said while taking a bite of my pasta.

 

“Then you should go to this kind of interview more. I can sense that you’re happy doing it” she smiled.

 

“Well… I’m not completely happy though” I said while stirring my pasta, suddenly losing my appetite.

 

“They… asked about him didn’t they?” Dara said carefully.

 

“Yeah” I sighed.

 

“Oh come on Bom, it has been 2 freaking years since you broke up with him. You should start moving on you know. He seems like he had moved on long time ago, so you need to show him that you have moved on too! You made the right choice, so don’t regret it”

 

“That’s easier said than done Dara… I honestly don’t know what to do anymore”

 

“Don’t worry Bom, you will get used to it eventually. I understand that you guys were together for so long, it must be hard to just let go so suddenly. But you can always try, right?” she smiled while caressing the back of my hand to comfort me.

 

“Yeah… I guess you’re right. Thank you Dara. I don’t know how I will end up without you” I chuckled.

 

“Oh you will probably die” she laughed which caused me to laugh too.

 

 

I think I would’ve really died if it weren’t for you who kept me strong, Dara.