Chapter 10

Still Not Enough for You

 

*huff huff*

 

It has been awhile since I last exercised… I feel like an old lady now.

 

I sat down on the park’s bench and open up a bottle of water that I brought from home. The damp and a bit cold wooden bench hits my leg as I sat down, probably the after effect of last night’s rain. Wearing a tank top and sport shorts as my tracksuits today is probably the dumbest decision I've made since it is a bit chilly this morning. I wonder how heavy was the rain last night that it made the weather like this. There is still even some puddle of water on the road.

 

This morning, I decided to go for a morning jog since it has been a very long time since I last did it. Jogging was like my favorite thing to do, especially when I leave during dawn. That way I can enjoy the silence of the morning, where only the sound of birds chirping can be heard. The morning air is also still very fresh to breathe, no polluted air yet. And if I leave at the right time, I might get to witness the sunrise. 

 

I used to jog every morning before, I've never missed even a single morning. But the last few years I barely have time to go jogging again. Heck, I even barely got the time to sleep, how can I still have time to think about jogging early in the morning. I got so caught up in my work that all I could think about is just work and work. But since I have been working less lately, I think I could start living a healthy life again.

 

I lean back on the bench and close my eyes, resting. The music from my phone is still blasting through the headset that I wore on my ear. Listening to music while jogging helps me ease my mind and keep me calm, making me less focused towards my tiredness.

 

After closing my eyes for a minute or so, I opened them and stare at the bright sky. It’s still a bit cloudy but it doesn’t seem like its going to rain anytime soon. I stay at that position for a few minutes, just enjoy staring at the sky. I can see a few birds flew by and the leaves on the branch from the tree behind me started dancing as the wind blows by. A few strands of my hair are also flying around because of the wind even though I had tied my hair into a ponytail, but it didn’t bother me though. For a moment, everything felt so peaceful.

 

Hmm… I should do this more often. Definitely miss the vibe of a morning jog.

 

After a few minutes have passed, I look down to check the clock on my phone. It shows 6.05 a.m. which means I need to get back and get ready for work already.

 

*sighs* I should definitely do this again.

 

I sat up and took out a towel from my small plastic backpack to wipe my sweats. I drink up the remaining water that I have before crushing the bottle and throw it into the trash bin besides the bench. I stand up and do some stretching before jogging my way back to my apartment.

 

.

.

.

.

 

 

Nothing is better than a nice warm bath on a cold morning.

 

I turn off the water and walk out of the shower. I noticed that my bathroom glass as well as the mirror are very steamy, probably because I turn on the hot water for too long. I walk towards the bathroom sink and start wiping the mirror with my hand. And no, this is not a horror movie, so nothing shows up behind me and jump scare me.

 

After I can see myself clearly again on the mirror, I began brushing my teeth and put on some moisturizer on my face. This is just my basic morning routine, nothing special. I have a lot of skin care products placed on my bathroom cabinet, there are different creams and treatment for both day and night. I might as well say that I’m addicted to skin care products.

 

I went out of the bathroom and grab a new towel to dry my hair while I pick my outfit for today. I have a big wardrobe full of formal clothes. Ever since I started my own business, almost every clothes that I bought are all for business meetings or formal events. I can barely remember how I look if I wear casual clothes.

 

I think this will do.

 

I took out a set of clothes that I want to wear and lay it down on the bed. I usually do my makeup before wearing my clothes so that way I can avoid ruining my outfit with some powder or makeup.

 

I wrap my hair up with my towel to let it dry and to clear my face from any strands of hair. It didn’t take long for me to do my makeup, I will only need 10 minutes, maximum, to do my daily makeups.

 

.

.

 

Hmm, what should I have for breakfast.

 

I stood in front of my fridge and stare at the content for a good five minutes now. And I still don’t know what to cook for breakfast.

 

Eggs, sausages… aish so boring.

 

Suddenly my phone rings and I pick it up without seeing who the caller is.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Morning Bom!”

 

I was startled for a moment when I heard the voice from the other end of the phone. I expected it to be Dara but instead of being greeted by her bubbly voice, I was greeted by a male voice. I pulled away my phone from my ear to look at the caller’s name.

 

Ah…

 

“Bom?”

 

“Yeah, morning Taeyang” I press my phone back to my ear.

 

I went back on exploring my kitchen cabinets again to look for food, with one hand holding my phone. Unfortunately, my kitchen cabinets are only filled with snacks like chips and biscuits, so I went back to stare at my fridge.

 

I heard Taeyang congratulate me for being invited to the TV show and he even initiates a conversation with me. I manage to answer him while my attention is focused on the food.

 

After what seems like a long time, I decided to just make a Caesar salad. My all-time favorite salad. Just by the thought of it already makes me drool.

 

I put my phone on speaker mode as I proceed to prepare all the ingredients that I need to make the salad. I took out everything that I need to make the salad, including the bowls and spatula to mix them together. I ran out of stock for bread so I replace it with some tomatoes. I still have some left overs chicken from my dinner last night, so I’m going to use that for the salad.

 

“What are you doing Bom?”

 

“I’m making salad for breakfast” I said as I placed the tomatoes and the lettuce on a bowl so I can wash it.

 

“That sounds delicious” he chuckles.

 

“Of course. Anything I make will taste delicious” I joked.

 

I place the tomatoes on top of the cutting board and begin chopping it into small square pieces. I also chop the lettuce to make it smaller and put each of them into separate bowls.

 

“Speaking of food, how about we have lunch together later? Consider it my treat to congratulate you”

 

“Hmm... I can’t I’m sorry I have a meeting today”

 

I finally finished preparing all the ingredients and place everything on their own bowls.

 

Now onto the mixing part!

 

I have also prepared a large bowl that I usually use for mixing. I dump all the ingredients into the large bowl and by using two spatulas, I begin mixing them.

 

“Then, can I visit you at work? I’ll bring lunch” he said.

 

I think about it for a few seconds, “yeah, sure. I should be done before 1 o’clock”.

 

“Great! I’ll be there by 12 I guess. What do you want for lunch?”

 

“I don’t know, what do you have in mind?”

 

Finally, my Caesar salad is done. I feel proud of myself. I take some of the salad and put it into a smaller bowl for me. I wrap the remaining salad in the larger bowl with clear wrappings and put it back into the fridge.

 

“There are a lot in my mind now”

 

“Hmm, then surprise me” I chuckle.

 

“You like Japanese food?”

 

“Love it” I said.

 

I pick up my bowl of salad and place it on top of the bar table near my kitchen. I sat down and begin enjoying my salad.

 

“Great then. See you later, Bom”

 

“See ya” I hang up.

 

.

.

.

.

 

 

*knock knock*

 

“Bom?”

 

“Come in, Dara” I said while typing on my laptop.

 

“Here” she hands me a red file.

 

“What’s this?” I take the file from her and begin flipping through it.

 

“The data for your new designs that are ready,” she smiles, “let me know when you would like to pick it up”

 

I nodded and close the file. I put it at the side of my table, on top of the pile of files that are under the label of “UNREAD”. I like organizing my stuffs, especially my files, it makes it easier for me to separate my files so I don’t get them mixed up.

 

“Oh, by the way,” I look up at her. “Your prince charming is here” she said with a playful smile.

 

“Dara, I told you we’re just friends” I chuckle.

 

“Yeah, yeah, just friends whatever” she mocks me.

 

“Yah, stop it” I chuckle, “tell him to come here”

 

“Okay” she winked at me and leave the office.

 

I shake my head and smile as she left.

 

Aish that girl, always love to tease me.

 

.

.

 

Not long after Dara left, I hear a knock again on the door before it opens. Taeyang greeted me while he enters, holding two large plastic bags that probably contains our lunch.

 

“Lunch’s here!” he lifts up his two big plastic bags.

 

Damn… just how many foods did he buy.

 

“Just put it there,” I pointed at the coffee table in front of the couch, “I’ll be there in a sec”.

 

I close my laptop and put away all the files that I’ve been working on back to their specific section. I have just noticed how messy my table looks like with all these files. I probably need to get a new cupboard or something to place these files.

 

“What did you buy?” I approach him as he’s unpacking our lunch.

 

“The best Japanese food in town!” he said as he placed the last box on the table. “There’s sushi, lots of them, sashimi and many more” he points at each food.

 

“They better be good” I joked even though the food looks very mouth-watering.

 

I take a seat besides him on the couch and he gives me a pair of chopsticks. I split them as I scan through the food to decide which one I should try first.

 

I decided to eat the sushi first, so I take a bite of one of them. Only one bite, but it’s enough to make me taste heaven. This is literally the best sushi I’ve ever tasted even though I ate lots of sushi. I made a mental note to ask him where this Japanese restaurant is.

 

“It’s so good…” I mumble with my mouth full.

 

He chuckles, “I know you will like it”

 

I couldn’t care about anything else around me anymore. It’s my habit that once I set my eyes on a very delicious food, only that food matters to me.

 

So I eat and eat until I’m full. I heard Taeyang repeatedly warns me to slow down so I don’t choke on my food but I just couldn’t. When I finished my lunch, Taeyang barely even ate half of his lunch.

 

“Oh , I forgot to give Dara some” I blushed, remembering I finished all my lunch.

 

“Don’t worry,” he chuckles as he noticed I’m blushing, “I bought it for her too”.

 

Phew…

 

“Thank you Taeyang. I enjoy the food” I smiled.

 

“Only the food?” he joked.

 

“Um, no… I mean, I enjoy the food and your company here” I said shyly which cause him to chuckle.

 

.

.

 

Taeyang spends another 2 hours or so here. We constantly chat about our work, social life and many more. I learned so many new things about him such as he is a dog lover. I am one too but unlike me, he actually owns a dog. I planned on getting a dog soon though, but after I can take good care of myself first. Owning a dog is a great responsibility, it’s similar like taking care of your own child.

 

I also learned that he started his own hotel company instead of inheriting his father’s business. That is one thing I admire about him, I like people who works hard to develop their own ideas and creations. Just like most people, he went through ups and downs when starting his business. He told me that he got the idea to start a hotel business because there are many cases where people wanted to look for affordable hotels when they travel, but such hotels wouldn’t have good enough facilities. So, he starts up his hotel as one of the affordable hotel but still offer many facilities and he make sure his guests will feel like home when they stay there.

 

There are so much more things I wanted to learn from him. I don’t know why, but even though this is our first proper conversation, we clicked so well that we didn’t feel awkward at all. We’re just like two old friends catching up.

 

We talked and talked until he said he needs to leave because of an urgent matter at his hotel. It’s sad that he needs to leave though, I really enjoy him being here.

 

I helped him clean up our lunch on the table and accompany him on the way out.

 

“I’m sorry I have to leave this early. I wanted to drive you home though” he looks at me.

 

“Nah, it’s okay. I understand” I smiled, “you can do it some other time”.

 

“Does that mean I can drive you home again?” he smiled playfully.

 

“You heard me” I chuckle.

 

“Thank you for today, I'll see you soon Bom” he waved at me as he steps out of my boutique.

 

“See ya!” I waved back and he gets in into his car.

 

I watched him drive away before going back in. As I think back of today, I did enjoy my time with him.

 

I think being friends with him won’t be so bad at all.

 

----------

i feel like getting a cooking class with Bom as the teacher haha xD