Chapter 4

Still Not Enough for You

 

“Ekhemm”

 

“…”

 

“Ekhemmmmmm”

 

“….”

 

“Helloooo????”

 

“What do you want Dara?” I sighed and look up.

 

“Care to explain who is that hot guy from yesterday?” she smirked.

 

I knew it.

 

“Nobody”

 

“What?? No he can’t be driving you to the boutique and home if he’s a nobody”

 

“You heard me. He’s nobody” I look down at my paperwork again.

 

I’m only taking a short break for half a day and these papers are piling up already…

 

“Come on Bommieee. Tell me, tell me!” she whined cutely.

 

“Aigoo. Fine, fine. He almost ran over me yesterday and a year ago so he offered a ride home as an apology”

 

“Oh, I see…”

 

“Wait, what?? A year ago?” she continued which startled me a bit.

 

“Yeah, a year ago. The one that almost ran over me when I was running away from him” I said.

 

“Ah…” she nodded understandingly.

 

“What’s my schedule today Dara?”

 

“You only have one meeting with a client today. I think she will be arriving soon” Dara said as she checked her book which she uses to record all my schedules.

 

“Alright then, let’s go meet her”

 

I gathered all the things that I need for the meeting with my client. I bring my favorite sketchbook and my sketch pencil. Usually, during meetings like this, I would directly draw out the design that my client wants. This way, I could save more time and directly move on to make the clothes when my clients have agreed with the design.

 

.

.

.

.

 

 

“So, you want a simple cocktail dress with a little bit of embroidery at the bottom of the dress and the color is pastel pink?” I reviewed my notes.

 

“Yes. Oh, and I want the sleeves to be a long one but like transparent and on the shoulder and neck part, it has to be embroidered as well”

 

“Hm… alright wait a second”

 

I took my sketch book and pencil to begin drawing the idea that I have on how the dress would look like. I usually draw rough sketches of few dresses to be shown to my client and it will only take 10 to 15 minutes for me to draw. Since this has been my daily job for few years, I’ve gotten used to it which is why I can draw faster than before.

 

“Here, take a look at it. Anything you like?” I showed her my designs.

 

“Hm… I like this one!” she said while pointing at one of my drawings.

 

“Very well then, we’ll work on this one” I take the picture and put a clip on it to mark it.

 

“When will it be ready? Cause I want to wear it for an event around the end of next week”

 

“Don’t worry, it will be ready before the end of next week” I smiled and she nodded.

 

“Alright then, this concludes our meeting today. We will proceed to gather all the materials needed for this dress. Thank you and please come back again tomorrow so we can measure you and you can take a look at the materials” I stand up and offer a handshake, which she gladly took it.

 

She gathered her things and I usher her out of the boutique myself. I thank her once more before she walks away from the boutique.

 

“You know if you keep doing my job like this then I might as well quit being an assistant”

 

I turned around to face Dara who’s standing behind me with her arms folded in front of her chest and shaking her head.

 

“Then I shall give you a new job,” I chuckled. “That lady will be back here tomorrow for material picking and measurements. So, make sure you take care of her”

 

“Oh, and here is the design she wanted. Please get the materials ready” I hand her my drawing from earlier.

 

“Got it, boss!” Dara said cheerfully while giving me a salute.

 

.

.

.

.

 

“Order no. 150! Park Bom!”

 

“Yes. It’s me”

 

“One hot cappuccino and corn muffin, enjoy!”

 

I take my order from the barista and look for a good spot in the café to spend the rest of my evening.

 

I got the seat near the window of the café that overlooks the city of Seoul. This café is located on the 20th floor of a hotel and the view is beautiful, especially during evening. I can see the beautiful sunset from here.

 

Admiring the view, I suddenly got an inspiration for my designs so I quickly take out my sketch book and begin drawing rough sketches. I always bring my sketch book to wherever I go. So in case I got a sudden inspiration, I can directly pour it out into my sketches.

 

“Bom? Is that you?”

 

I heard my name being called so I turn my head up.

 

“Oh, it’s you”

 

“Hey, we ran into each other again” he chuckles.

 

“Yeah, except this time you didn’t almost hit me with your car” I said sarcastically.

 

“Yah, come on. I apologized already” he chuckles. “May I?” he pointed at the chair across me.

 

“Sure”

 

“So you’re a designer now?” he said as he sits down across me.

 

“Now?” I looked at him confusedly.

 

“Oh… um, I mean I thought you were only a business woman running a boutique. But I guess you’re the designer too?” he smiled nervously while rubbing the back of his neck.

 

“You can say so” I said while continuing to draw.

 

“You are a woman with few words aren’t you?” he said.

 

“Nah, I’m just trying to concentrate” I said. “There, there. Now I’m done!”

 

“So, what’s up?” I said while closing my sketch book.

 

“Nothing. I just got done with my meetings. I’m here to grab this” he lifts his cup of coffee.

 

“Meetings? You’re a businessman?” I take a sip of my hot cappuccino.

 

“You can say so” he mimicked my words before and smiled.

 

What a cute eye smile…. Wait, what are you thinking Bom!

 

“What kind of business do you run?” I said while eating my muffin.

 

“I run hotels”

 

“Really? Which one?” I asked, while still focused on my muffin.

 

“YB Hotels”

 

“Ah… I see” I nodded. “… wait. You are the owner of this hotel?? So this café is yours too??” I look right up at him when I realized it. This café is located inside YB Hotel.

 

“You can say so” he chuckles at my reaction.

 

“Oh my God! Then you must be super successful?? This hotel basically opens in almost over 10 countries in the world”

 

“You knew about my hotels?”

 

“Of course! Your hotels are not too expensive to stay in and offers a great deal. I always stay at your hotel when I leave the country”

 

“Glad to hear such feedback from a ‘regular’ customer” he emphasizes on the word regular and smiles playfully.

 

“Well except the owner almost hit me twice with his car. I should consider making a statement to the news”

 

“Yah! I thought we’re over this. Don’t be so cruel” he said in defeat.

 

“I’m just kidding” I chuckled.

 

“Anyways, I gotta go now. I still have work to do” I said while gathering my things.

 

“Let me drop you off” he offered.

 

“There’s no need of that, I’m fine. Besides it’s not too far from here. Thank you though” I smiled.

 

“See ya!” I waved at him and walk out of the café.