Chapter 23

Still Not Enough for You

 

I sit up straight on the couch and raise my notebook high up. Both of them are too immersed in their war to notice what I’m doing but Chaerin does, she looks at me with a confused face.

 

“Prepare yourself” I said calmly to her. And as if she knows what I’m up to, she held both of her index fingers up and press it to her ears.

 

Right after she did that, I slammed my notebook as hard as I can onto the table in front of me – not hard enough to break my glass table though, it’s too precious. My action created a very loud ‘bang’ sound and it probably sounded like someone had just shot a gun inside my office because I could hear some of my employees screamed in shock outside my office and Dara swung open the door, panicking. I reassure her that it was nothing and that nobody is hurt. Yet.

 

She returns back to her desk with relief.

 

My office turns very silent suddenly, I could even hear the sound of the clock ticking. Nobody dares to utter even a single word. Both Jiyong and Taeyang look at me with horror, as if I just murdered someone in front of them. But I couldn’t care less about that, all I care is that it successfully grabs both of the guys’ attention.

 

“Listen both of you, childish pricks,” I begin. “I don’t have all the time in the world to hear both of you bickering non-stop just over a design that you’re unable to choose. I’m sure we all don’t and have better things to do. So, I suggest both of you to cooperate”.

 

I took a breath before continuing, “I’ll give you guys ten seconds to make up your mind and choose. If you are unable to do so, you can both kiss this project goodbye right here and right now” I crossed my arms and waited for their answer.

 

“But that’s not fair! We can’t come up with a decision within ten seconds” Jiyong is the first one to speak up and complain.

 

“Ten seconds are just the time that I gave you to speak your answer out loud. I’m sure the whole one hour of bickering is more than enough to help you come up with a decision” I smile sarcastically.

 

Jiyong opens his mouth to say something, probably to complain again but I quickly cut him off before he could say anything, “the clock is ticking Mr. Kwon Jiyong. Give me an answer or walk out from my office”

 

He widened his eyes and immediately turns to Taeyang and they start whispering about which designs to choose. I know that this project means a lot to him as much as it means to me, which is why I need to threaten him a little in order to get his head in place.

 

I wouldn’t want to put this project at stake, but if pretending to drop out from the project is what it takes to get them to stop bickering and start cooperating, I would gladly do so.

 

“Time’s up” I said and both of them stop whispering, “answers, now.”

 

Jiyong hands me back my sketchbook, with the page that shows the design that he chose opened. I take a quick glance at my design and nodded my head. “Very well, isn’t it nice if you guys just cooperate like this on every meeting?”

 

I really don’t get why they have to disagree with each other so much. I have designed the clothes as suitable as possible to be mixed with their style. All they have to do is just choose a design to work with and insert their style in.

 

Our discussions are then continued and we narrow it down to further details about the designs such as what kind of designs they want to add and where to put it so both our designs could merge together. They are much more cooperative now, which is like a miracle to me.

 

We managed to wrap everything up in less than an hour, which makes me believe that we actually could finish the meeting in a short period if they don’t bicker. I might as well start thinking of another idea to threaten them in case they went full on bickering mode again on our next meeting.

 

“Thank you Bom, for putting a stop on their battle” Chaerin chuckles, “it’s about time someone step up and do so. It’s starting to bore me”

 

“Well, I’m glad I did you a favor because it’s starting to annoy me” I shot a glare towards the two guys. “I expect both of you to behave like this for the rest of our meetings until the project is completed”

 

Both of them nods their head.

 

After taking a quick check again to make sure we have discussed everything needed for today’s meeting, I finally dismiss them.

 

They all thank me and start packing their things, preparing to leave. I couldn’t help but to notice Jiyong who is in a rush-mode. I mean, who couldn’t; he’s basically stuffing all his stuffs messily into his briefcase like a person who is having an anxiety attack – even Taeyang turns to look at him for a few second before resuming to pack.

 

I look at my wristwatch and mouthed “oh” to myself. It’s already 10 in the morning, no wonder if he is rushing like a madman.

 

After they finished, I them out from my office – and usually, Dara will take over and them until they leave the boutique. Sometimes, I wanted to every guests or clients of mine myself until they leave the boutique but then Dara would always scold me about how she’s going to do her job if I’m the one doing it for her.

 

I don’t get her though, most people would be very happy and grateful if somebody else takes over and do their job for them. They could basically do nothing and still got paid. But then again, I always get reminded that Dara is not one of the ‘most people’. She’s my Dara and she’s really one of a kind.

 

When everyone left already, I slump back onto the couch and lean my head backwards. I let out a sigh and close my eyes, resting for a few moments while enjoying the now silent office. Those bickering, lots of note taking and not to mention, waking up early, really took a toll on me.

 

I massaged my temple lightly to ease the headache that has been annoying me ever since I woke up with a lack of sleep this morning. I thought it would ease down by the time caffeine enters my system, but it didn’t. And don’t get me started with the bickering scene, it basically made it worse.

 

But I guess life has another plan for me because I only get to enjoy the peaceful moment for a few minutes before I hear a knock on the door again.

 

Ugh, seriously?? Why is it so hard to have some peaceful time alone these days??

 

I groaned and open my eyes while lifting my head up. I have already expected to see Dara walking in with a new pile of paperwork since it’s the only thing she has been doing these past few days – but no, I saw Taeyang’s head sticking out from the door instead.

 

“I thought you left already?” I look at him confusedly.

 

“Well, I am about to. But then I remember I have no plans or somewhere to go to” he pushes open the door a little bit more and enters my office again.

 

I must admit that I have a slight feeling of relief and happiness because it’s Taeyang who showed up. I mean, anyone with a sane mind would obviously choose to spend time with him rather than some paperwork, right?

 

“So, you plan on spending your free time with me?”

 

“Why not? You’re fun to hang out with” he chuckles. And I could feel one or two butterflies flying in my stomach, I think they had just come out from their pupae that is somehow attached to my stomach.

 

“Well then, I guess we have some free time until lunch. Do you have something in mind? I’m sure you wouldn’t want to spend time watching me work” it’s my turn to chuckle now.

 

“Why until lunch only? You have plans afterwards?” he raised an eyebrow.

 

“I’m having lunch with Dara and Seunghyun,” and then an idea suddenly struck me. “Hey, why don’t you join us? I’m sure they’re happy to see you” I smile.

 

Obviously they will be happy to see him, they have been talking about him ever since Dara told Seunghyun about him – well, about us actually. Although there’s nothing going on between us except for the newfound friendship that I developed with him. And besides, I don’t like being a third wheel.

 

Taeyang thought about it for a few moments before nodding his head and smiling. “Sure, it has been a long time since I saw Seunghyun anyway”

 

“Long time?” I raised an eyebrow at him. I saw that he looked uneasy suddenly but I didn’t really bother because realization hits me.

 

“Ah… you’re friends with him too, right? He is Jiyong’s friend so you must know him” I said, although I don’t know if he’s still is or was Jiyong’s friend. But Taeyang didn’t have to know about that part though, I myself is still unsure about that anyway – and I’ve never asked about it too.

 

Come to think of it, Seunghyun didn’t mention anything about being friends with Taeyang even though he’s gossiping about him every now and then with Dara. I made a mental note to smack him for not telling me these whole time.

 

“Yeah…” he gives me a small smile, “I haven’t seen him in a while though. Jiyong isn’t exactly hanging out with him anymore”

 

Well, I guess I have my answers now.

 

 

.

.

.

.

 

 

“Bommie!!” Seunghyun launches towards me for a bear hug. He always does this whenever we see each other again after quite some time. But from what I vividly remember, he always bears hugged me even though we saw each other almost everyday before.

 

I used to scold him about this ever since he started dating Dara. I don’t object him hugging me, but he’s no longer single and this is my best friend that we’re talking about.

 

Dara has always been cool about it since she knows that our relationship is limited up to brother and sister relationship only. Never cross that line and never will. But even so, I just don’t feel right at the idea of her boyfriend hugging other girl. Maybe I’m the one exaggerating and that it wasn’t supposed to be a big deal, but nevertheless, I tried to lessen the hugs with Seunghyun.

 

“How are you, Seunghyun?” I returned his hug.

 

“Perfectly fine! I miss you, kiddo” he ruffles my hair – a typical action that most boys pull off and girls hate it – before turning to Dara and give her a kiss. “But I miss you more”

 

See, this is exactly why I hate being their third wheel. They literally just met yesterday and probably this morning too, but he’s already acting like they haven’t met for a month.

 

“Oh please, cut me some slack with your lovey-dovey acts” I rolled my eyes. “Oh, and this is Taeyang, who is actually your friend these whole time”

 

I give him the look that says ‘mind explaining why you didn’t tell me?’

 

He flashed me a sheepish smile and went on to greet Taeyang. “What’s up Yo– Taeyang! It’s been a long time since I last saw you, bro” he and Taeyang do the complicated bro-handshake-thing that only both of them knows the sequence of it, before giving each other a quick hug.

 

They both went on catching up with each other, completely forgetting about us, while entering the restaurant where we’re supposed to have lunch together with. It’s just a regular restaurant that serves different types of cuisines, nothing special. We’re just looking for a restaurant nearby to have lunch and go back to work again.

 

We sat at the table for four and begin ordering our meals. I ordered a lasagna and strawberry milkshake, my two favorite thing that I always order whenever I came here. It’s simple but tastes like heaven.

 

After the waiter finished taking our orders, both the guys went back to their own conversations again. “Well, I guess it’s only both of us now” I said to Dara and shrugged. I’m starting to think that bringing Taeyang along is a bad idea.

 

“Tsk, I thought only girls who gossips” Dara said, a little bit louder. I immediately know what she’s up to.

 

“Apparently Dara, guys’ species do too now and sometimes, they even gossip more than us” I raised my voice too, making sure that both of them hear us. And they do, because both of them turn their heads to look at us.

 

“Are you guys talking about us?” Taeyang eyed us.

 

“Oh no no, we’re talking about other guys” I smile.

 

“Yup, you both are not the only guys in this world you know” Dara backs me up. I smile proudly at her, our minds seem to connect every now and then.

 

“Babeee, why are you talking about other guys than me” Seunghyun whined like a kid, with a frown on his face.

 

Dara shut him up by shoving a large piece of the bread she’s eating on the way here into his mouth – one reason why I like her. “Keep on gossiping and maybe I will end up with other guy instead of just talking about him”

 

Now correct what I just said, I love her.

 

Seunghyun pouted and keep on whining while tugging Dara’s arm like a kid asking his mom to buy him a cotton candy. Why cotton candy? You may ask, it’s because this guy fancy cotton candy more than any other sweet things.

 

I know, I know, it’s a bit weird to imagine a grown up guy like him eating cotton candy happily like a kid – but what can I do, it’s his favorite thing.

 

We all laugh it out at the end because of his childishness. Soon, the food that we ordered came and we started eating right away since we’re pretty hungry already. And not to mention, the meeting earlier really drained my energy. I need to refill it as soon as possible.