Chapter 6

Still Not Enough for You

 

“We have a problem Bom”

 

“Huh? It’s still early in the morning Dara. What problem could we possibly be facing?” I looked up from my laptop when Dara suddenly barged into my office.

 

It’s Monday morning and there’s a problem already?? Can’t I at least have a peaceful day? Ugh.

 

“You’ve been invited to a TV show that invites many other successful business people” Dara break the news.

 

“Um… okay? How is that a problem?” I asked, confused.

 

“Oh, it will be, once you take a look at the list of the guests” she said as she passed me a bunch of paper which probably be the list she’s talking about.

 

I take it and begin flipping through the pages. It is the official guests list sent by the TV show’s agency along with the invitation and an explanation about the show on the front page, which Dara had printed out.

 

I scan through the paper and found out that this show is more like a talk show and the theme of that specific episode, which I’m supposed to be in, is about businesses, especially about entrepreneurships. They invited some successful businessmen and women, which one of them includes me.

 

Nothing really surprised me when I read through the guests’ names until I saw this specific name printed on the guests list.

 

 

GUEST NO.8: PARK BOM (FASHION DESIGNER & OWNER OF ‘SPRING’ BRAND)

GUEST NO.9: KWON JIYONG (CEO OF KWON COMPANY)

 

My heart literally just stopped for a second after seeing his name. And I just stare deeply at the paper.

 

“I told you it will be a problem…” Dara said, when she sensed that I have seen his name.

 

I’m still at a loss of words. This TV show sure do have the courage to invite both of us together in one talk show. I feel like I already know what question will be asked by them if I attend.

 

“You know you can always reject it Bom”

 

“No, I will attend” I smiled and hand the paper back to Dara.

 

“What?? Bom listen, you don’t have to force yourself like that. I know you’re not ready yet” Dara said, with concern in her voice.

 

“Dara, I’m fine. It has been 2 years, I think I can handle it better now. Besides, I can’t keep on avoiding him”

 

“Tell them I will attend. Don’t worry about me so much Dara, I’m strong you know” I chuckled while patting her hand to tell her that I’m fine. Though the real question is…

 

Am I really ready?

Am I really strong enough to face him and not end up running away again…?

 

Well, I guess I would never know if I don’t face him myself. I need to be strong this time.

 

 

“Okay…” she nodded, “but just so you know, don’t hesitate to tell me if you change your mind even on the last minute. I will take care of it for you”

 

“I will keep that in mind. Thank you” I smiled.

 

.

.

.

.

 

 

“So, I have been working on these few pieces for the project. Do you want to take a look?”

 

“Yes, of course!”

 

I take out my sketch book and show Chaerin the drawing of the clothes that I’ve designed for the past few days.

 

This afternoon’s schedule is another meeting with Chaerin. And yet, another meeting without her boss being present. I wonder if it is really hard to make time for a two-hour meeting. Besides, we are discussing about his own project here, doesn’t he think this is quite important?

 

“What do you think? Does it suit your boss’s taste?”

 

“Wow… these are… gorgeous! I wish I could have you make all of these just for me” she chuckles.

 

“I can do that if you want” I smiled.

 

“What? No, I’m not serious about that. You don’t have to do it” she smiled shyly.

 

“No, I insist. I promise I will give you your own collection after this project is done. Consider it as a token of appreciation from me”

 

“Really…? Thank you so much Bom! I will look forward to it” she smiled widely which warms my heart.

 

Spending a couple of hours with Chaerin sure does make me grow closer to her. She’s friendly and professional. I love how she knows everything that she’s doing.

 

“Oh! I just remembered, my boss has sent me a few of his designs too but I forgot to bring it. Can I email it to you later? I’m sorry”

 

“Yeah sure, no problem. By the way, when is he gonna show up?”

 

“Unfortunately he has something important to attend in this few weeks so it might take a while for you to finally meet him” Chaerin said apologetically.

 

“Oh I see… well, okay then”

 

Busy, busy, busy. When is this guy going to take responsibility of his own project and actually show up.

 

I feel annoyed suddenly by just thinking of it.

 

“Anyway, here’s another report from him about the details that he wants to put on the clothes later on. It includes the description of the accessories and materials which will likely be used to make the clothes” Chaerin hands me a bunch of papers.

 

“Why can’t he just show up already and discuss about this directly. I hate reading every report he sends me” I sighed.

 

“I’m sorry Bom, that’s the best I can do”

 

“No, no, I’m not blaming you for this. Don’t worry” I smiled.

 

We spent another hour for this meeting. To be honest, I’m impressed about how Chaerin could speak on behalf of his boss and understand really well about what he likes or dislikes. It almost makes me feel like I’m talking to her boss instead of her. I guess she worked for him for a very long time to be able to understand him so well.

 

 

“Um… I’m sorry Bom, I need to head back now. There are still a lot of paperwork I need to take care of” Chaerin said.

 

“Oh yeah, sure. Thanks for coming today” I stand up and offer her a handshake, which she gladly took.

 

“See you next time Bom” she waved and walk out of my office.

 

 

*knock knock*

 

“Come in!”

 

“Chaerin just left?” Dara came in to my office.

 

“Yeah, she said she has other things to do” I said while cleaning up my office desk a little.

 

“It’s almost closing time. Do you want to go grab something to eat? Seunghyun just got back from his overseas work so he invited you to join us”

 

“Hm… alright. I haven’t seen him for ages anyways” I chuckled.

 

“I’ll help you tidy up then. He should be here any minute so we better hurry up” Dara said as she helps me gather all my stuffs.

 

.

.

.

.

 

 

*honkkk honkk*

 

The sound of a car honking can be heard from the inside of my boutique. I bet that is Seunghyun since Dara’s face suddenly light up and she jumps around excitedly.

 

I know that feeling, where you have been separated for quite some time from your other half. I know it sounds cheesy but I used to jump around, way more excited than how Dara was just now, whenever Jiyong came back from his business trip. And I would cling to him like a Koala clinging to its tree for the whole day.

 

Aish, why am I thinking about my past…

 

We both gather our things and walk out of the boutique. I lock the doors and went inside Seunghyun’s car.

 

“Hi babe!!” Dara immediately hug her when she entered the car.

 

“Hi! I miss you so much” Seunghyun return her hug with a tighter one.

 

Dara has been in a long-term relationship with Seunghyun. I think for 3 years? Or 4 maybe? I can’t really remember. Seunghyun has been such a great boyfriend to her, always treat Dara like a princess, buy her things, care about her so much, gives all his time just for her even though he is busy as hell. He’s like the prince charming in fairytales.

 

I knew Seunghyun back when I was still studying in the US. He was my senior that time and was also the nicest senior I’ve ever known. He helped me with my studies from the beginning of my stay there and we even hung out sometimes, he’s more like an older brother to me. And of course, he knew Jiyong and was one of Jiyong’s best buddy back then. Probably still is now.

 

He came back to Korea earlier than me, even earlier than Jiyong did, since he graduated first. Neither I nor him knew Dara back then. I only knew Dara when I came back to Korea and started my boutique here. I desperately need an assistant since I couldn’t manage my own schedule and Jiyong introduced me to her.

 

She’s a former worker at Kwon Company and she’s a very diligent one. Always winning the ‘employee of the month’ title and did her job pretty well. Jiyong thought she would be a perfect assistant for me and he was totally right. We clicked the moment she started working for me and soon enough, we became close friends. And that’s where Seunghyun get to know her.

 

He used to visit me a lot when I first started my business. As a good person he is, he helped me again just like how he helped me with my studies before. Visiting my boutique means he will get to see Dara a lot. Dara was shy at the beginning but slowly, they became closer and sparks of love starts to bloom.

 

“Um… hello? Don’t forget there’s someone here” I said, when I realize they are still indulged in their lovey dovey acts.

 

“Oh, we’re sorry,” Seunghyun said shyly, “Hello, Bom. It’s been a quite long time, I’m glad you decided to come with us”

 

“Yeah, I’m surprised that I agreed to be the third-wheel tonight. But I probably gonna regret it soon” I chuckled.

 

“Oh come on, we promise we will decrease our PDAs tonight” Dara laughs.

 

“I doubt that’s gonna happen” I joked.

 

.

.

.

.

 

 

“So, how are you doing nowadays Bom? I heard from Dara that you met a hot looking guy” Seunghyun smiles playfully at me while wiggling his eyebrows up and down.

 

“What? You told him that?” I said to Dara and she just smiles shyly.

 

“Apart from dealing with tons of paperwork on daily basis, I can say I’m pretty fine. And that guy is not hot” I said while grilling my meat.

 

We decided to have Korean barbeque tonight to welcome Seunghyun back. This is by far the longest overseas work trip he has ever been to. Seunghyun has booked us a VIP room inside the restaurant.

 

“Come to think about it, who is he? I’m curious that someone could win Bom’s attention” Seunghyun said.

 

“Not only that, he gets to drive Bom home” Dara adds.

 

“What? He drove you home Bom? You??” Seunghyun said in disbelief.

 

“Yah! What’s so wrong about me?” I pout.

 

“Nothing, it’s just that you have been keeping distance from almost everything, especially guys, after… you know…” Seunghyun said.

 

“Hm… I know. I guess it’s time for me to make a new friend? I know I can’t hide forever. I mean, he’s definitely happy without me”

 

“Then show him you can be happy without him too!” Dara said.

 

“I totally agree” Seunghyun adds.

 

“I’m trying” I shrugged.

 

“So, tell me who’s this lucky guy?” Seunghyun said.

 

“Yeah, tell me! I’m dying to know” Dara said excitedly.

 

“Well, I didn’t know much of him. We only randomly met couple of times. I just accidentally met him because he almost hit me with his car twice”

 

“What a coincidence,” Seunghyun chuckles, “anything else?”

 

“So far he’s nice. Oh! And he is the owner of YB Hotels” I said.

 

“What?!” Dara said while Seunghyun suddenly choked on his food.

 

“Aigoo this guy…” Dara said while patting his back and giving him water.

 

“Seriously though… he is the owner of YB Hotels? Whoa, you caught a pretty good fish here Bom” he chukles.

 

“I didn’t know it until few days ago too” I said.

 

“Well, you should consider him Bom. I think it’s time to open up again” Seunghyun said.

 

He had always been the wise one ever since I knew him in the US. I remember how I would always turn to him when it comes to advices.

 

“I’m not sure I’m ready to consider him in that way. But I guess being friends won’t hurt” I take a sip of my soju.

 

“Well, let’s not talk about that anymore and just enjoy the night!” Dara said and raise her glass, which me and Seunghyun followed then. “For Seunghyun’s return from his longest trip!”

 

 

 

“CHEERS!” the sound of glasses clinking together can be heard.