Chapter 21

Still Not Enough for You

 

Very sunny and hot is how I would describe Tokyo’s weather this afternoon. Thank God I wore the right outfit for this summer weather. The only thing that keeps me away from being drenched in sweat is the chilly wind that blows every now and then. But even so, I still feel like taking my clothes off – that’s how hot it is.

 

The time when I felt the most heat is when we’re both standing on the pavement, waiting for the crossing light to turn green. To stand still under the heat of the sun for a few minutes really burns my skin. And apparently, it seems to slow time too because it felt like forever just to wait for the lights to turn green.

 

We both literally take an actual stroll around Tokyo – actual as in we both really walk on our feet. No cars, no public transports, just our feet. I don’t know if we’re being adventurers or we’re just plain stupid. I can also start seeing the regret on Taeyang’s face, walking around under this hot temperature is seriously no joke at all.

 

“Here” he hands me a box of freshly opened tissue.

 

I quickly pull out a few sheets and wipe the sweats that are forming on my forehead. We have been walking for three hours straight now which also includes an hour of standing and exploring a couple of shops. And so far, we have finished one big box of tissue paper – this one will be our second.

 

“I think we should find something to eat, it’s almost past lunch time” I can feel my stomach started to rumble. “Besides, we need to rest. My feet are weary already” I pout.

 

“Alright” he chuckles, “let’s find a good restaurant”

 

 

.

.

.

.

 

 

We ended up at a ramen restaurant that Taeyang recommended. I really started to think that he can read minds, because I was just thinking about noodles. I’ve always love noodles and I know it’s not healthy to eat too much of it, so I have been trying to eat less noodles.

 

I used to eat instant ramen almost every night in my office during my workaholic days, it was a very unhealthy year of my life. I was too lazy to even came out from my office, all I could think about is my work. If I stop working for just a few seconds, my mind would bring me back to Jiyong. I would only ask Dara to make me instant ramen and I even ate while working. Sometimes, Dara would buy me a proper meal and I’m really thankful for that. But that time was over now, now I’ve started to live a healthy life again – eat proper meals at proper time and even exercises every time I get the chance to.

 

But it doesn’t mean that my love for noodles decreased. I still love them but I’m trying to control myself from eating too much of it.

 

“Sometimes I wonder if you have a mind reading skill” I joked, “you should teach me if you have it”

 

“Hmm… or maybe you’re just so easy to read?” he smirks, “I can read you like a book you know” he winks at me. I rolled my eyes at him and proceed to order my ramen. My stomach has been rumbling non-stop ever since we entered this restaurant, the smell of ramen really makes me starve.

 

The waiter took our orders and we both waited for them to prepare it while drinking our green teas – cold for both of us. We both immediately drink our drinks once it is placed in front of us, we’re both pretty thirsty after being under the sun for that long. We even finished one glass of green tea directly. Luckily, the restaurant allows free refills for their green teas.

 

Suddenly, I remembered that I haven’t tell him the stories between me and Jiyong yet. I actually forgot about it because of all the shopping and the heat really distracted me. Taeyang hasn’t mentioned anything about it either. I don’t know whether he forgot about it too or he just simply thought that I changed my mind – after all, he’s pretty understanding since the beginning.

 

But a promise is still a promise, and I’m not the type of person that likes to break promises. So, I tried my best to recall every memory about it – although it is still freshly attached to my mind, like it just happened yesterday.

 

I’ve never wanted to remember about that, like I’m constantly running away from it. I would try to dodge or divert the subject every time someone asked me questions that would relate to that. But somehow, today I felt the need to talk about it to someone else – to let out what I’ve been holding inside for so long. I know I can’t run away from the truth forever, just like I can’t avoid Jiyong forever. So, this might as well be the day I stop running.

 

“I met her this morning” I started, breaking the silence. I have no idea how to start this, so let’s just see how it goes.

 

“Who?” he looked at me, confused.

 

“Kim Ji Hee, the girl who stole Jiyong away from me” I flash him a small smile, “you must have known her, she’s Jiyong’s business partner” I took a sip of my green tea.

 

Taeyang nodded. It wasn’t a surprise to me if he knows her, Taeyang is Jiyong’s best friend and if he doesn’t know the full story, he must’ve known a few things about it. Jiyong is more of a closed type of person, he hardly tells any story about his personal life to another person – not even to his close friends.

 

It even took him almost a year to be comfortably opening up to me. He’s the complete opposite of me. Even though I have a small circle of friends – small as in only Dara and Seunghyun – I tend to tell them most of my problems. But as time flies by, I slowly became the person he trusts the most with his problems. He told me everything – his failures, his problems, his happiness, I became his stories’ storage.

 

“Everything that that new girl said... was true” I sighed, “he did cheat on me”

 

“Bom, if you’re not comfortable or ready to talk about it yet, you don’t have to” he smiles at me, reassuring me that whatever my decision is, he will understand it.

 

But I still stand by my decision, which is the final one. “No, it’s okay. I need to get this out, I’ve been holding it for so long”

 

This will be my very first time telling the whole story by myself. Dara and Seunghyun knew the story because they were the witness. I even lied to my parents by telling them that the reason why we broke up was because we didn’t work out anymore, I don’t want them to worry about me.

 

And so, I begin telling him my story. I thought it would be painful and hard, but it turns out pretty well. I went with the flow as I tell my story, making sure not to left any important part of it. I got interrupted when the waiter brought our foods but I continue it again once the waiter left us.

 

Taeyang listens and nods sometimes, but he didn’t interrupt me. He looks serious when he listens to me, as if he’s trying to catch every words that I said.

 

.

.

.

 

“So yeah, that’s my sad story” I chuckle, “I’m pretty dumb when it comes to love, huh?”

 

“Hmm… maybe a little” he laughs as I hit his arm lightly. “I’m joking Bom. You’re not dumb, it’s pretty normal for people who are in love to keep on fighting and holding on to their relationship like you” he smiles, a pretty charming one.

 

“I don’t know why I don’t have the strength to leave him before though, like I was scared of something that I don’t even know of” I said, “people keep on asking me that question but I don’t know the answer myself”

 

“No, Bom. You do know that deep down inside you, you know what the answer is. You’re just not admitting it”

 

Something from Taeyang’s words hits me, making me realize that I’ve been searching for an answer that I had knew all along. I was too attached to Jiyong after being together with him for so many years.

 

Unconsciously, I had gotten used to his presence around me everyday and to think of letting him go really makes me scared. I’m scared of not being able to function when he’s not around anymore, I’m scared I wouldn’t be able to go through the day without talking to him or seeing him, I’m scared that I wouldn’t be able to hug him, kiss him or to feel his touches again, I’m scared of not being able to do everything that I usually do with him again. But from all of that, I’m most scared at the thought of someone else having him once I let him go.

 

Losing him doesn’t mean I lost a lover only, but I also lost a best friend – he was once my everything. Despite the fact that he cheated on me again and again, I still love him and when he’s not cheating on me, he is the second man after my dad who made me the happiest girl alive. Which is another reason why I chose to stay, even though it’s toxic and poisonous.

 

“Bom?” I snapped out from my thoughts, I didn’t even realize that I was spacing out. “Look, talking about all of that probably makes you overthink it too much. So, let’s get out of here and do something fun! I promise to take your mind off of that” he smiles.

 

“Okay!” a distraction is something that I really need right now.

 

We both paid for our meals and went out from the restaurant. I spend the next few hours strolling around Tokyo again, we even visited an arcade place and play a few games. No more shopping, no more talking about anything that relates to Jiyong, just the two of us having fun and enjoying each other’s company.

 

We both enjoy our day out until the sun is about to set, which indicates that our day out is about to end and I have to go back to the hotel to checkout. My flight will be in the next couple of hours and I need to hurry so I won’t end up being late again, or worse, missing my flight. And Taeyang really did keep his promise because by the end of the day, Jiyong didn’t cross my mind again – not even once.

 

 

.

.

.

.

 

 

“Thanks for driving me back” I said as Taeyang pulls over in front of the hotel’s main entrance. “And thanks for today, I really had a lot of fun”

 

“You’re welcome. I enjoy going out with you, Bom” he flashed me his eye smile, and I thought I would melt on that moment. “Are you sure you don’t need help with those?” he points at all of my shopping bags on the backseat.

 

“Nah, it’s okay. I can handle it” I smile. It’s true though, a couple of big shopping bags is nothing to me. I usually shopped more than these. “Good night, Tae”

 

I unbuckle my seatbelt and prepare to get out from his car. But before my hand could reach the door handle, he grabs my arm and pulls me into his embrace. I was startled for a moment but then I hug him back. We stayed like that for a few seconds.

 

“Have a safe flight, call or text me when you have arrived, okay?” he said as he releases the hug.

 

“I will” I smile at him.

 

“Do you need a ride to the airport?”

 

“Nah, my driver will pick me up” I said.

 

“Alright then, be careful” he looks at me, “see you back in Korea”

 

We bid our goodbyes and I got off from his car, the doorman opened the car’s door for me. I grab all of my shopping bags from the backseat of his car and went inside the hotel.

 

I quickly went up to my room since I need to pack the remaining stuffs that I bought today. There’s no time to waste because the clock is ticking.

 

I struggle a little when I pack my things since it almost didn’t fit into my small suitcase. In the end, I ended up hand carrying a few things.

 

After I finished packing, I decided to take a very quick shower. Because of all the sweats, my body felt very sticky and I can’t stand it anymore. I need a cold shower to freshen up myself and change into a pair of new clothes.

 

Since it is already night time, I decided to wear an oversized hoodie to keep me warm and comfy. I put my hair into a messy bun because I’m too lazy to style it again and besides, I’m going straight home after I landed in Korea. I didn’t even bother to put on any makeup anymore because by the time I got home, I will be too tired and lazy to wash it off again.

 

After I’m done with the packing and getting ready, I lock my suitcase and make sure to scramble the codes. I double check again for any left behind stuffs around my hotel room and after I’m done, I head down to the lobby to checkout.

 

 

.

.

.

.

 

 

“Excuse me, I want to checkout” I said to the receptionist. “Room 407” I handed her my room’s key. She stands up to greet me first before proceeding to help me checkout.

 

“Please wait for a moment, miss” she smiles before walking towards the back of the receptionist place, where they put all the room keys, files, printers and a photocopier.

 

After a few minutes later, she came back with my bills placed on a small golden tray. “Are you Miss Park Bom?” she asked.

 

“Yes, that’s me”

 

“Mr. Taeyang told me to give you this” she hands me a small note.

 

A note? Why can’t he give it to me himself?

 

I accepted it confusedly. The receptionist girl excuses herself to serve the other customer once I took the note from her. It’s just a small white paper folded in half – nothing special in particular. I unfold the note and there’s only one big sentence written on it with capital letters and Taeyang's handwriting. 

 

“A FREE STAY FOR MY NUMBER ONE CUSTOMER ;)”

 

I couldn’t believe what I read, I didn’t expect Taeyang to give me a free stay. I thought it only applies for Jiyong since he can bring a good public image for the hotel. I double check by looking at the bills and it is already stamped with the ‘paid off’ stamp, which means the payment has been settled.

 

It took me a few seconds to connect the dots inside of my head about this. Once the dots are connected, I couldn’t help but to chuckle.

 

He sure does love to surprise people.

 

“You must be special to him, miss” the receptionist girl smile at me. She has finished serving the other customer already.

 

“A – ah… um… thanks…” I said shyly, which make her chuckle.

 

I thank her for her service before walking away. I messaged Se Jun to pick me up since I’m already done with the checkout. Luckily, he’s not far away from the hotel. This way, I can get to the airport very early and I won’t have to run around the airport like a crazy woman again.

 

But as I was texting, I suddenly bumped into someone’s shoulder. And I think it was pretty hard because that person drops the file that he or she was holding and a couple of papers are scattered around the floor.

 

Without seeing who that person is, I immediately put my phone away and help gathering as much papers as I can. While I was gathering the paper, I saw that the person is wearing a high heel. This means that this person is a she. I stand up again once I’ve grabbed all the papers that I managed to grab.

 

“I’m so sorry, I wasn’t paying attenti –“ my mouth seems to forget how to function once I saw who she is.

 

“Oh? Park Bom-ssi! What a surprise to run to you again” she said cheerfully.

 

“Hello… nice to see you again” I said as I hand her back her papers. I had to keep being polite to her even though meeting her again is not nice at all. And I really wish I could disappear right now so I won’t have to talk to her. “I’m sorry for bumping into you”

 

“It’s okay, I’m fine” she smiles at me.

 

“Well, I will get going then” I tried to get away from her as fast as possible even though I’m not sure that Se Jun is here already. It has only been a few minutes after I sent him the message. Unless he miraculously shows up, I need to find another reason to escape from her. “I have a flight to catch and I wouldn’t want to miss it. Have a good night, Kim Ji Hee-ssi” I smile politely at her and walk away.

 

“Not so fast Park Bom-ssi” I felt a hand grabbed my arms and yanked me back to stand in front of her again. She smirks at me, her polite and cheerful self is gone. It’s her devilish side that is showing right now. Just when I thought that this day will end peacefully, someone has to ruin it.

 

“What do you want?” I answer her with an annoyed tone. Since she’s starting to show her other self, I might as well show mine too. I really have no time to argue about anything with her right now, but if she wants it – I’ll give it.

 

“I believe you know exactly what I want”

 

Yes, I do know exactly what she wants but I’m not going to be too serious with her. I feel like messing around with her sanity for a bit.

 

“I’m afraid I don’t. I’m not a mind reader you know” I chuckle, “maybe I should call Taeyang? He’s a pretty good mind reader”

 

“Quit messing around with me” she said sternly while taking a step closer to me. She stares intensely at my eyes and I stare back at her. If she thinks that her stare would scare me, she needs to think twice.

 

“I see someone is not up for a joke, huh?” I chuckle again. “Tell me what you want then, quit wasting my time” my face turns into a serious expression within one second.

 

“Stay. Away. From. My. Kwon Jiyong” she said, “I know you went out with him yesterday and just so you know, you’re not gonna take him away from me”

 

“Take him away from you?” I scoffed, “the last time I remember, you’re the one who took him away from me

 

I wonder if today is a national bullying day because it’s kind of odd getting bullied by two people in one day. But then I’m relieved that bullying day doesn’t exist at all.

 

“Maybe you’re not good enough for him like I do” she smirks.

 

So she’s trying to push my buttons, huh?

 

“You’re that good, huh?” I raised one of my eyebrows, “then why are you being so insecure and threatened that you feel the need to confront me?” it’s my turn to smirk now.

 

I look at her, waiting for any reply from her but she didn’t say a word anymore. She just stands there with an angry face – I could almost see some smoke coming out from her head. I bet she’s cursing me with a million bad words inside her head right now, but I don’t care about that. I smile victoriously at her, I finally defeated her – well, at least for now.

 

Sensing that there’s no point of continuing this battle anymore, I grab the handle of my suitcase and start walking away. But I stopped right next to her. I turn my head a little to my side so my voice can travel down to her ear.

 

“You’re right. We went out together yesterday and he brought me for a romantic dinner” I whispered to her but I make sure she hears it. Which she does, because I saw her fuming with more anger now.

 

Normally, I would feel bad for treating a person like this and I wouldn’t brag about something that I know would make the other person mad. But she’s an exception. What she did to me was a hundred times worst than what I just did. It can’t even be compared. I know my action will have consequences later but I would take that rather than to have her step all over me.

 

I walk away right after I say that, the sound of my footsteps can be heard as I walk on the marble floor. I tried my best to not let what just happened controlled me. I know I still felt a small spark of jealousy inside me but I chose to forget about it.

 

He’s hers now Bom, not yours. And it’s better if it stays that way.

 

Thank God by the time I walk towards the entrance door, I saw Se Jun’s car pulled over near me. It’s a perfect timing, I wouldn’t want to spend even a second more being inside the lobby where she is still around.

 

Se Jun helped me carry my suitcase and load it to the trunk of his car. I enter the car and after I’ve settled myself, he starts driving.

 

I look out to the road from the car’s window. I watched as we drove pass the buildings and the pedestrians who are walking on the pavements. It felt so good to escape from reality for a while, even though I’m here to solve a problem. It also made me realize that within just a couple of days in Japan, a lot has happened. It almost felt like I’ve been here for a week or so.

 

I know that once I landed in Korea, I would have to go back to my reality. But a small part of me kind of look forward to it. Besides, I can’t wait to tell Dara about everything that happened to me here. I’ve enjoyed my short vacation and made the most out of it while it lasted. I have the slightest feeling that I will go on a vacation again sometimes soon but for now, I felt more ready to go back and face my piling works again.

 

 

-----------

Has anyone check out Taeyang's new album already?? it's so good! 

"Wake me Up" is my favorite track so far, let me know what's yours ^.^

 

Thank you for reading and supporting my story! Don't forget to leave a comment and see you on the next update! ^^