Chapter 3

Still Not Enough for You

 

“So, what is this ‘Homies’ brand about? I’ve never heard of it before yet it has been established for over a year” I said while flipping through the brand’s booklet.

 

“It is actually a new brand that my boss created. He created this brand out of his interest in fashion, he himself is already a big businessman and not to mention, very fashionable too,” she chuckles, “this brand is just his sub business” Chaerin explained.

 

So Dara was right… he is a big client.

 

“Oh, I forgot to mention that there are 2 guys who started this brand together. This 2nd anniversary is to mark the brand’s official public introduction. They will reveal themselves on that event as the official owners” she continued.

 

“So, I’m the lucky one to meet them before the public does?” I joked.

 

“Yeah, you can say so Bom” she chuckles.

 

“I’m curious about your bosses. I would like to speak to them as soon as possible to work on this project because that’s how I usually conduct my job”

 

“Actually, only one is my boss. And, very soon Bom, you will meet one of them” she smiled.

 

“Really? Are they that busy?” I raised one of my brow.

 

“Well, apart from having 8 meetings a day exclude attending interviews or photo-shoots, I can say he is pretty busy” she chuckles.

 

I blink my eyes a couple of times while staring at her, not believing what I just heard. 8 meetings a day? Who in the world is sane enough to do that?? I could barely make it through 3 meetings a day and then there is this guy who nailed the record.

 

“Oh, my boss just texted that he needs me now. I will leave first Bom, I’m sorry. Let’s continue next time” she said as she packed her things.

 

“Yeah sure, don’t forget to make an appointment with Dara. Be careful on your way” I smiled and wave at her.

 

Not long after she leaves, I decided to leave my office too to get some fresh air. I really need to take a break from this hectic schedules but I just couldn’t find the perfect time.

 

I packed my bag and tidy up my desks a bit before leaving.

 

“Dara, I’m going out for a bit. Please watch the boutique while I’m gone” I informed Dara as I passed her desk in front of my office.

 

“Where are you going Bom? Do you need me to accompany you?”

 

“No, no need. I just wanted to stroll around for a bit to get some fresh air. Don’t worry about me, I’ll be back before the closing time” I smiled and went out.

 

.

.

.

.

 

 

I have been strolling around Seoul city for a good 4 hours, my feet are literally killing me. But it was worth it though, I didn’t only get a short break but I got a few new stuffs for myself as well.

 

After entering God knows how many shops, trying numerous clothes and carrying big shopping bags, my stomach sure do feel hungry. I can literally hear it rumbles every minute.

 

“Thank you ahjumma” I said and picked up my food.

 

I decided to buy a street food from the food truck that usually sells along the street at night. There is this one food truck that I love the most. They sell amazing and delicious food with good quality. I don’t have to worry if I would get a stomach ache after eating street foods.

 

*ringgsss*

 

Ugh… who could possibly be calling right now when I have so much stuffs to hold on my hand.

 

I stopped walking and search for my annoying phone that has been ringing non stop. I almost drop my food because of it. I made a mental note on my mind to yell at whoever that is calling me right now.

 

“Yah! What do you want??” I shouted as I pick up the call.

 

“Whoa, are you having a bad day Bom? Why are you yelling?”

 

“Oh it’s you Dara. I’m sorry, you just happened to call me when I have so much things to hold on my hand. What’s up?”

 

“I see someone is having fun today,” she chuckles, “anyway, I’m calling to tell you that it’s almost closing time. Do you want to come by or I will just lock everything?”

 

“I’ll come by I need to get few things there. I’m near so I’ll be there around 10 minutes”

 

“Okay, see ya” she said and hang up.

 

I stuff my phone back to my bag and continue to walk again. The boutique is just around the corner from where I am now, so it won’t hurt to walk for another 10 minutes.

 

I arrived at the stoplight and waited for the green light to show up which took an eternal time.

 

*honkkk honkkkk*

 

I screamed and jumped to my side when I hear the loud honking sound. I almost fall down and land on my , most importantly, I almost drop my precious food. Whoever this crazy driver is, he or she should be thankful that I didn’t drop my food or else they will not return safely.

 

I checked the stoplight and it showed green color which means this driver right here is wrong for disobeying the traffic light and almost ran into me.

 

“Yah! What the hell are you thinking?! Don’t you have eyes to see the stoplight??” I shouted in front of that car.

 

My blood is surely boiling through the tip of my head. I just wanted a short peaceful break and this is what I get at the end of the day?! I can’t believe it.

 

“I’m so sorry! Are you hurt? Do you need me to take you to the hospital??” the driver came down from the car and approach me.

 

I was checking myself by the time the driver came down from his car but judging from the voice, it’s definitely a guy and his voice is somewhat familiar.

 

“Hey, are you hurt? Please answer me?” he said again.

 

I look up to see an awfully familiar face. But I can’t recall when I’ve met this guy.

 

“No I’m fine. But you almost ran into me! Drive with your eyes next time!” I yelled again.

 

“I’m so sorry, I was wrong for checking my phone and I forgot to look at the stop light. Hey wait…” he paused. “Have we met before?”

 

So I wasn’t the only one who think he looks familiar…

 

“No? nothing that I can remember of” I eyed him.

 

He stood there staring at me for a couple of seconds, studying my face.

 

“Hello?? Earth to you, sir??” I snapped my fingers in front of his face.

 

“I remember you!! You’re the crying girl from… I think a year ago? Remember? I almost ran over you too that time” he rubs the back of his neck shyly.

 

Then it suddenly hits me. He is the guy who almost ran over me that time when I ran away after seeing Jiyong.

 

“You... you almost hit me with your car twice!” I pointed my finger at him.

 

“Hey that one before wasn’t really my fault, you were running blindly” he raise both his hand in defeat.

 

“Then why don’t you drive properly so that you could see me crossing the street” I pout and folded my arms across my chest.

 

“Fine lady, I'll let you win this time. So, let me make it up to you then. Allow me to drive you home safely so you won’t get hit by a car for real this time” he chuckles.

 

“Why should I trust you? I don’t even know you” I glare at him.

 

“For someone who drives and wears expensive stuffs, don’t you think I’m too high for being a kidnapper?”

 

“What? Pfft. Don’t get so cocky, I can report you for this” I rolled my eyes.

 

“No you won’t. Come on, get in the car, we’re spending too much time talking. Don’t you need to be home? It’s already late” he grabbed my hand and dragged me all the way into his car.

 

Then I suddenly remembers that I need to go back to the boutique.

 

Damn, I must’ve kept Dara waiting for a while.

 

“Actually… I need to be somewhere first before going home” I said.

 

“Oh? I’ll take you there then. Where to miss…?”

 

“Call me Bom. To my store please, it’s just around the corner. And thank you …?”

 

“Call me Taeyang”

 

------

can i get more comment pleaseee? :D