Chapter 11

Still Not Enough for You

 

“Come on slowpoke, are you really going to lose to someone who jogs once a week only?”

 

Huff… huff… dammit.

 

“Time out,” I panted heavily. “One minute please” I managed to say with a heavy breath. Heck, I couldn’t even stand right now. I lean to a lamp post and holding to it like my life depends on it.

 

“Aigo, I doubt you really go for a jog every morning”

 

I glared at him. “Yah, I agreed to go for a jog. I didn’t sign up for a marathon”

 

“It is a jog, Bom” he chuckles, “here, have a drink”

 

“You call that a jog??” I rolled my eyes and took the water bottle from his hand.

 

What a jerk...

 

A few days ago, we found out that we have something in common, which is we both like to jog. But unlike me, he doesn’t go for a jog every morning.

 

So, he invited me to jog with him today and I gladly accepted it. And it turns out to be my biggest regret. That guy is basically running, not jogging. He keeps on insisting me to catch up with him. At first, it was okay for me. But as time passed by, I feel like dying out of breath.

 

It’s true that I went for a jog way more often than he did, but that was jogging. Running in a slow and steady pace. I didn’t sign up for his marathon-like jogging.

 

“Maybe you should jog more so you can beat me” he joked.

 

“Screw you Tae” I said, still out of breath.

 

I finished the whole bottle of water in one go and toss it to the nearest trash bin. I started walking again, very slowly though, since I’m still recovering my stamina.

 

“Hey, come on don’t be mad” he said as he catches up to me. “I’m sorry, I won’t do it again…”

 

I remain silent. Not because I’m mad at him, but because I don’t have the strength to talk.

 

“Come on, I’ll make it up to you! How about an ice cream?” he said, excitedly.

 

Hull, why does he have to know exactly what I wanted.

 

“Oh, so you’re gonna woo me with an ice cream now?” I joked.

 

“Isn’t that your favorite?” he smiled playfully.

 

I rolled my eyes. “Alright, fine you win”

 

And with that, we both laughed.

 

We continue to walk around the park, enjoying the morning and talking about random stuffs. I used to love the silence of the morning. There’s only one sound that didn’t bother me, and that would be the sound of my music. But now, I would like to add a new sound that doesn’t bother me to my list. And that sound would be his voice. Even though he talks non-stop, making jokes here and there, I don’t know why but I don’t feel annoyed.

 

I thought going for a jog with him would ruin my perfect quiet morning, considering how noisy he is. But it really turns out well. I think I unconsciously have gotten used to his noisiness.

 

“I think we should head back now. You need to go to work right?”

 

“Ah, yeah. I almost forgot,” I chuckle, “let’s go”

 

We both jogged back to my apartment, which luckily, is not far away from the park we’re at.

 

.

.

 

“I’ll see you at lunch?” he said as he stood in front of my apartment door.

 

“Sure” I smiled and waved at him as he walked away.

 

After seeing him disappear at the corner of my apartment block, I closed my apartment door. I take off my shoes and put it back neatly on the shoe rack.

 

Alright! Time to get ready.

 

.

.

.

.

 

“They look so pretty! Good job Bom”

 

“Yeah, they do. Thanks Dara”

 

I was working on a new design for the “project” when Dara came in suddenly into my office and pushed in a large package with a trolley. I thought the delivery man sent it to the wrong address since I didn’t order anything lately. I was about to tell her to return back the package when she told me to open it. I was hesitant at first, but I open it anyway since she convinces me it is actually delivered for me.

 

What I didn’t expect is the content of the package. It turns out to be a couple of fresh new clothes, my latest designs to be exact. Dara had told me it was ready a few weeks ago, but I haven’t had the time to pick it up and usually it will be kept at the factory until I have time to pick it up myself. I didn’t expect that it will be delivered today to my boutique.

 

I looked at the clothes one by one and I was beyond happy and excited. I know I already have the idea of how my clothes would look like, but seeing my designs through drawings and actual physical clothes are two different experiences. Although I constantly went to the factory to check on the progress of making my clothes, I would always love to see how the final result is.

 

Usually, I always see the final result of my clothes at the factory, but today is special. My clothes are delivered straight to my office and wrapped in a big pink gift box with a big ribbon tied around it.

 

“Are you the one who prepared this?” I asked Dara.

 

“Yeah…” she answered shyly, “I wanted to surprise you, so I went to the factory and check the final result myself. I have it wrapped nicely right after everything is cleared”

 

“Thank you so much Dara. I love you!” I turn to her and hug her tightly. I have the best best friend ever!

 

“I love you too silly” she returns my hug.

 

“Alright, I need to go back to work. I’ll let you admire more of your new babies” she chuckles.

 

“Oh, and don’t forget, you have a meeting later with Chaerin” she continued. “It is finally your chance to see who your partners are in this project!”

 

I nodded and she went back to her desk. I totally forgot about the meeting though, but I’m excited to finally meet Chaerin’s boss and his best friend.

 

I continue to look at the clothes one by one and check on the details of each clothes to kill the time. Every detail of the clothes is perfectly placed, just the way I want it to be. I knew I can count on Dara on the final quality checking.

 

Apparently, I’m too immersed on checking the clothes that I didn’t hear someone opens my office door. I was surprised again when I felt everything turns dark all of a sudden. It took me a second to realize that my eyes are covered by someone’s hand.

 

I was about to scream when I hear, “guess who I am”

 

And I immediately know who that is. Someone I’ve been expecting to see this afternoon.

 

“Took you long enough to get here Tae” I chuckled. “I’m starving you know” I joked while turning around to face him.

 

Ever since that one time Taeyang visited me during lunch, we have been getting closer with each other and we spend more time together. He constantly visits me during lunch and even invite me to have lunch together with him. It sorts of become our daily routine now and we also hung out a couple of times after work. It has been going on for several weeks now.

 

 

“I’m sorry, I had a few work to take care of before I can leave for lunch break” he said. “What are you doing?”

 

“Just checking my new designs, they are delivered just now” I said excitedly. “Do you want to see it?”

 

“Really? I got to see your new designs exclusively??” he said in disbelief.

 

“Yup!” I nodded excitedly.

 

To be honest, I have never shown anyone besides Dara my new designs when it is ready. I mean, I used to show it to Jiyong before, but since we’re not together anymore, I have never really shown my new designs to anyone else. I don’t know why, but I just feel excited to let Taeyang see it.

 

He scans through each clothes that I lay down on the couch. I watched him for a few seconds before explaining more to him about the new clothes. It is actually two new dresses and two jumpsuits that I made.

 

“So, what do you think?” I asked.

 

“This… this is beautiful Bom. You did an incredible job here” he compliments me which caused me to blush.

 

“Thank you” I said shyly.

 

“Shall we eat then?” he asked and I nodded.

 

I took away all the clothes that I laid on the couch and put it back into the box so we can sit on the couch. Taeyang placed all the lunch that he had bought on top of the coffee table. Don’t get me wrong, he’s not the only one who always bought me lunch. We would take turns to bring or buy our lunches. Sometimes, I would also cook for our lunch together. But today, it’s his turn to prepare the lunch.

 

He took out all of our lunches out from the plastic bag and soon, we begin to eat it.

 

.

.

.

.

 

“…and I heard someone singing from one of the room, I approach it and guess what I found?”

 

“Um… what?”

 

“One of my female staff singing and swaying around while making the bed” he laughs.

 

“You walked in right when she’s doing that??” I laugh too. “She must be very embarrassed”

 

“Oh, believe me, you should see the look on her face when she saw me” he laughs harder.

 

“I can’t imagine that”

 

We both finished our lunch and we spend the remaining time talking to each other before I have to attend the meeting with Chaerin. Taeyang told me lots of stories and most of them are funny. Just like the one he just told me. It’s about one of his female staff at his hotel who got caught red-handed singing and dancing while cleaning the hotel rooms by him. It’s not that she got into trouble because of that, but it's just very funny. I feel sorry for her though, I can’t imagine how embarrassed she is after that.

 

 

*knock knock*

 

“Come in!” I shouted.

 

“I’m sorry to interrupt, but you have a meeting now” Dara pops her head from behind the door.

 

“Ah… okay, please tell her to come here” I said and Dara nodded.

 

“And I think that’s my cue to go” Taeyang said.

 

“Yeah… I’m sorry I have to attend that meeting” I said apologetically.

 

“Don’t worry, it’s okay. I’ll pick you up later then?” he offered.

 

“Sure” I smiled.

 

I help him clean up our lunches. It’s sad that our time is over though, I really had a great time with him. I haven’t laugh so much these past few years and he managed to make me laugh just with his silly stories.

 

He’s ready to leave when suddenly my office door was opened, revealing Chaerin at the door. I was about to greet her when I saw the surprised face she had, it’s like she just saw a ghost. I turn to Taeyang and he had the same look as her.

 

What on earth is going on right now?

 

“Em… guys?” I said.

 

Both of them snapped back to reality. “You’re here already?” Chaerin said to Taeyang.

 

“You two know each other?” I asked.

 

I looked at Taeyang but he only rubs the back of his neck nervously. So I look back to Chaerin to demand some answers.

 

“Of course we know each other. I see you have met Taeyang, Bom” she said. Which makes me very confused.

 

Met him? What?

 

“I’m sorry, what do you mean? Am I supposed to meet him later or what?” I have so many questions in my head right now.

 

“Yeah, you’re supposed to meet him now, on the meeting with me. He’s your partner on the project Bom”

 

I widened my eyes after hearing Chaerin’s words. My face expression literally screams ‘what the hell’.

 

I look at Taeyang and he still have his nervous expression on his face. “Y – you’re… you’re her boss?” I asked.

 

“Oh, no, no. I’m the best friend of her boss” he quickly explains.

 

What the…

 

“If you’re the best friend, then who is the boss?”

 

.

.

.

 

“I am”

 

 

-------

anyone wants a double update?? 

if i can get 10 comments on this chapter, i'll update the next chapter in the next few hours! ^^