Chapter 12

Still Not Enough for You

 

“I am”

 

I turn to the direction of the voice and I almost died of heart attack when I saw who it is.

 

No, no…

 

I was once again frozen at the sight of the person standing at the door, behind Chaerin. I look further behind that person and I can see Dara staring at us with the same expression with me. This time, I can feel my jaw hanging down and I’m sure my heart stops beating for a few seconds.

 

No… this is nightmare! Wake up Bom, he’s not real!

 

I screamed inside my head but somehow, I can’t move my body at all. It was like I’m glued to the ground and my whole body is paralyzed.

 

“Bom? Earth to Bom??” I feel someone shake my shoulder lightly, bringing me back to reality. And I know exactly that this is not just a nightmare.

 

“You… what the hell are you doing here??” I snapped.

 

“Whoa… chill Bom. This is Jiyong, he’s my boss, Taeyang’s best friend and also your partner in this project” Chaerin said.

 

“Hi Bom…” he said nervously.

 

“Of course I know who he is! What kind of sick joke are you guys pulling right now??” I can’t help but feeling the anger burning inside me. I’m not going to fall into their sick game.

 

“Bom, relax. We’re not playing any game. We’re here for business” Taeyang said.

 

Finally, this guy has the guts to talk huh.

 

“You! Don’t even get me started with you. Is this part of your plan?? Pretending to become my friend?” I snapped at Taeyang.

 

“Whoa, no Bom. Don’t get me wrong, I really have no idea it’s you we’re working with. Jiyong asked me to join his project and I’m down for it. Being friends with you is something that me myself wanted” he said while raising both of his hands in defeat.

 

“I can’t do this. Go find another person to work with” I said and stormed out of my office without saying another word.

 

I heard them calling my name for a few times but I just can’t. I need to get a fresh air to clear my mind.

 

So, I got out of my boutique with nothing but my phone on my hand. I didn’t even get the chance to take my purse from the office. But it doesn’t matter now, all I want to do is just get as far away as possible from them.

 

.

.

.

.

 

 

I ended up at some random park in the middle of the city after walking for half an hour without any destination.

 

I sat down on one of the benches to catch my breath. Walking for half an hour straight, and not to mention with these killer heels, sure do make my feet sore and weary. I take off my heels and I can see that the back of my feet has turned red and some of my skin are peeled off because of the friction.

 

. I don’t think I can walk in these anymore… *sighs*

 

I take out my phone from my pocket to check if anyone is looking for me since I put my phone on silent.

 

Hmm… 10 miscalls from Dara, 7 miscalls from Taeyang, 5 messages from Chaerin and 11 messages from Dara again.

 

I shove my phone back into my pocket without even bothering to read their messages. I’m definitely still pissed at them for tricking me like this. Well, except Dara, since I know she probably has no idea this was going to happen.

 

“Bom?”

 

I turn around to see whose voice that belongs to. I swear to myself that if it is one of those boys, I’m going to yell the out of them, especially Jiyong.

 

But thank God it’s just Chaerin that showed up.

 

“Why are you here?” I said coldly.

 

“Well… I kinda followed you here,” she said shyly, “I’m sorry”

 

“Where are the others? Why aren’t you with them?”

 

“Before that, may I?” she pointed at the empty seat beside me. I nodded and she immediately went to sit down next to me. I can imagine how she feels, after all she’s wearing similar heels like mine. I feel bad for her now…

 

“So, right after you left, Dara basically came in to your office and yelled at both of them, especially my boss. She kicked both of them out right away.” She explained, which cause me to chuckle.

 

“That sounds very much like Dara”

 

“Well, yeah” she chuckles too, “I apologized to Dara for causing the commotion there and went straight to find you. I couldn’t find you at first, I tried to text you but you didn't reply. But then I saw you wandering at the street. So I decided to follow you”

 

“I’m so sorry Bom, I didn’t expect it to turn out this way” she said while looking down.

 

“No, it’s okay. You’re just doing your job” I patted her shoulder.

 

“Thank you…” she looks at me, “but… could you please continue the project? I know you probably don’t want it, but I saw how my boss’s excitement when he talks about this project with Taeyang. I know this means a lot to him. So please Bom, I beg you, continue this project for me” she pleaded.

 

I remain silent as I hear her. I really don’t know whether I can continue with this project or no.

 

“Please Bom… I beg you…” she said, “I may have not work for him that long, but I read the news, I know you had a history with him. Probably a bad one, I don’t know. And Taeyang didn't lie either when he said he had no idea he's going to work with you. But please, can you put that aside and just focus on the business here?”

 

“I don’t have any other choice don’t I?” I sighed. “Fine Chaerin, I’ll be professional and do it for the sake of you”

 

Her face immediately lights up right after I said that and she launches forward to hug me so tightly. “Thank you Bom! Thank you so much! You have no idea how much that means to me”

 

“You’re welcome Chae, I’m glad I can help you” I patted her back.

 

“Let’s get back okay? I don’t want Dara to freak out and filed a report on me being missing” I chuckle and she nodded.

 

.

.

.

.

 

 

We both got back safely to my boutique despite our feet that are going to break soon. Me and Chaerin parted ways when we reached the front door of the boutique and I told her that I will set up a new meeting for all of us. And I also told her to send a warning to her boss that if he doesn’t show up on the day of the meeting, he can kiss this project goodbye. The same rule applies for Taeyang as well.

 

I went inside, all prepared to face the wrath of Dara. And just like what I’ve expected, the moment I push the front door open, I can see Dara standing a few steps in front of me with her arms folded in front of her chest. She has a very dark expression on her face, almost like she’s ready to kill anyone around her, and I brace myself for the upcoming impact.

 

“Where have you been Park Bom??” she said sternly.

 

Uh-oh… this is not going to be good.

 

“At the park... I met Chaerin there” I chuckled nervously.

 

“Why didn’t you answer my calls and messages?! I was worried sick of where you could’ve been! I almost filed a missing person report on you!” she starts yelling.

 

“Chill Dara, my phone was in silent mode. And you don’t have to do that, I’ve only been gone for like what? An hour? I need to be gone for 24 hours or more for you to file a missing person report” I said.

 

“Do that again and I’ll seriously kill you Bom” she warns me. Well, she could be pretty scary when she’s mad, I wonder how Seunghyun is able to cope with that.

 

“Alright, alright. I’m sorry, I won’t do it again” I said in defeat. “But I will still continue the project though…”

 

And I think I choose the wrong timing to announce that because the next moment, I need to cover my ears to avoid her scream. I really wish I could take back my words…

 

“You are not going to be involved with that bastard again! The TV Show was more than enough!” she sounds like my mother, except she’s way stricter when it comes to Jiyong.

 

“Calm down Dara, I’m doing this professionally for Chaerin. She asked me to continue it so I think, for once, I need to put aside all my personal problems with him and just focus on the project”

 

She takes a deep breath and exhale it. “There’s no way I can change your mind, can I?”

 

“Nope” I smiled like a little kid. I knew she would always give in to me.

 

“Fine, whatever. Just don’t come crying to me if he hurts you again” she rolled her eyes and sighed.

 

“I won’t and you’re the best Dara!” I hugged her, “please set up a new meeting for us okay?” and I can feel her nod her head.

 

I know damn well that I’m stepping right into something that will turn into a problem in the future. But I couldn’t care about any of that right now. Chaerin was right, I’m a businesswoman and I need to be professional. I will try my best to forget everything that have ever happened between me and Jiyong when we’re having a meeting together. And I definitely owe Taeyang an apology for snapping at him earlier today.

 

I’m willing to take this risk and let fate do the rest.

 

You can do it Bom!

 

--------

okay so here's the next chapter that i promised! ^^