Chapter 9

A Pure Blood's Dilemma

Dinner was quiet for everyone, no one wanting to talk. Yoongi and JR finished dinner first, heading into the kitchen to clean up their plates. Daehyun and his packmates stayed in the livingroom for a bit before getting up and going into the kitchen to clean up dinner.

Yoongi turned to Daehyun. "We're leaving in a couple days so enjoy the last couple days with your pack mates," he said. Daehyun nodded. "We're going to Philly right?" He asked. Yoongi nodded. "Our next vampire is in Philly," he said. "Okay," said Daehyun. "We're heading out after you guys do, our contact is here in Boston so," said Youngjae. "We got in touch with them, and we told them we'd message them when you three left," he said.

"Who are you guys meeting?" Asked Daehyun. "A wolf named Suho, he's one of Kris's contacts, he just got back to Boston to take back the territory that Kris expanded to occupy," said Youngjae. "Ah, that makes sense," said Yoongi. "Suho's a good pack leader, Kris was good to choose him to lead the east coast," he said. "You've met him before?" Asked JR. "Yeah," said Yoongi. "One of my missions I did with my brother before we met you guys had us meet up with Suho before he went back to South Korea to do some tracking down," he said.

"Apparently one of Kris's contacts got into the list of werewolves to be hunted by iKon," said Youngjae. "He sorted it out so Kris sent us to make sure he was okay," he said. "I thought iKon would be very like 'we were sent to kill this guy, let's kill him,' but no, they knew about Kris, since they work for him, and asked for a confirmation to make sure it was okay to kill this wolf," he said. "I think it worked out in the end because according to Suho, they were completely fine with not killing this person," he said. "Do you know who it was?" Asked JR. "No," said Zelo. "But whoever it was had iKon asking for Kris so," he said. "Must've been important then," said JR. "Mm," said Youngjae.

"Is there anything you want to do here in Boston before we leave?" Asked Yoongi as he turned to Daehyun. Daehyun shrugs. "I do want to go to the docks, maybe the stadium during a baseball game but I don't think there'd be a game during the winter," he said. "We can head over there the next time there's a game," said Yoongi. "If we're still a team by then," he said. "That'd be cool," said Daehyun. "I hope we're still a team by then, I wouldn't mind that," he said. Yoongi cracked a rare smile. "I don't mind having you on the team right now, but that's bound to change later on," he said. "I hope months from now you still want me on the team," said Daehyun as he scratched the back of his head. "We'll see what happens when that happens," said Yoongi.

"Well, I'm heading to bed," said JR. "I'll see you guys tomorrow then," he said, before heading up to his room. Yoongi shook his head as he sighed. "Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow," he said. "Yeah," said Daehyun. Yoongi nodded and went to take a shower before going to bed.

Daehyun stayed up a bit more, being with his two packmates as Youngjae and Zelo cuddled on the couch to watch a movie while Daehyun laid on the floor. "What was Minhyuk like?" Youngjae asked suddenly. "He was the more loud spoken person out of the two of us," Daehyun said after a few minutes. "I'm a few months older than him, so I had the seniority between the two of us," he said. "We're the same age though, so it was rare for him to call me hyung, unless he really needed me for something," he said. "We shared the same father, but different mothers," he said. "Our father had found his mates, I was born from his pure blood mate while Minhyuk's mom was human and was later turned by our father," he said. "I'm sure he's completely different now, since last I heard he was struck with amnesia and was left wondering around the forests of ia for a while," he said. "I've been tracking him ever since, but last bit of information I had of him was that he had found his pure blood mate," he said.

"Anyway," said Daehyun as he sat up and moved away and out of view of the tv before getting up. "I'm going to head to bed," he said. "I'll see you in the morning," he said before heading up to his room. Youngjae and Zelo stayed downstairs to finish the movie before heading up to bed.

The next morning Yoongi woke up choking on his own screams. JR woke with a start, quickly going to hug Yoongi, hushing him. "Shh, it's okay Yoongi," he said. Yoongi had a full blown panic attack as he breathed hard. "Shhh... Deep breaths," said JR. "One.... Two.... Three.... Four inhale," he said. "1.... 2... 3... 4... Exhale," he said. Yoongi followed JR's instructions, taking deep breaths to calm down. Daehyun stood in the doorway, looking concerned.

"Did I wake you?" Asked Yoongi when he noticed Daehyun after calming down. "No," said Daehyun. "I've been awake for a bit, the two love birds are loud," he said, looking slightly embarrassed. Yoongi chuckled. "Well, that's nothing new," he said. "We're used to it back at the pack house," he said. JR chuckled, nodding in agreement. "It's nothing new, at least, for those who are mates," he said. Yoongi moved out of JR's embrace, getting up from the bed. "I guess I'll make breakfast then, and then we'll head to the docks," he said. He left the room, going downstairs and into the kitchen. JR and Daehyun followed after him.

Youngjae and Zelo appeared in the kitchen after a bit while Yoongi was working on breakfast. "Sorry for keeping you up hyung," said Youngjae as he scratched his head in embarrassment. Daehyun laughs. "It's normal, don't worry about it," he said. "So what's the plan today?" Asked Zelo. "I'm heading out to the docks," said Yoongi. "It's been a bit since Jin's birthday but I think he'd appreciate the effort for us going to the ocean," he said. "You guys are welcome to join us," he said. "Sure," said Youngjae and Zelo. Daehyun was a little hesitant, but he nodded.

Yoongi finished making breakfast and everyone went to get their plates, quickly eating. Everyone went to get ready for the day before Yoongi and JR headed out first with Daehyun, going to get supplies. Youngjae and Zelo went to talk with Suho, Youngjae texting Daehyun to say that they'd be there in the afternoon.

Yoongi and JR parked the truck on the street, spotting a bench that overlooked the ocean. "Well, this is as close as we can get to it," he said before getting out. JR and Daehyun got out and followed after him. After a few minutes Youngjae and Zelo joined them, pulling up behind the truck and parking. They got out and went to join the trio on the bench. "I don't think we can get any closer to the ocean from here," said Yoongi as he spotted them. "We couldn't have a full out party, but you know, just have a small lunch," he said. Youngjae nodded. "What usually happens when you go to a beach?" He asked. "We usually have a picnic or something," said Yoongi as he passed down some sandwiches and drinks to the others.

They enjoyed their lunch, eating in silence. "So, how'd the meeting go?" Asked JR. Youngjae shrugs. "It went alright, we just had to make sure he was okay, then we went to do some shopping before heading over here," he said. "We're heading back to New York tomorrow," he said. "Alright," said Daehyun. "Tell Yongguk I said hello," he said. Youngjae nodded, smiling some. "Make him proud," he said, before getting up and heading back to the car. Zelo nodded to them before getting up and following after Youngjae.

Daehyun sat on the bench, sipping his drink. "We leaving tonight?" He asked. "If you want to," said Yoongi. "There's no safe house in Philly so we have to stay in one of the hotels," he said. "There's also a pack occupying Philly so we need to be extra careful," he said. "If worse comes to worse we'll have to call iKon to keep them off our backs," he said. "Where do they normally reside?" Asked Daehyun. "ia, but that's where the main pack house is, they have properties all over the US," said Yoongi.

"By the way," said Yoongi as he looked over at Daehyun. "Don't think we weren't sent your details before being let known that we were being given a third member," he said. "We know about where you come from, but we don't know about your family history," he said. "When you feel comfortable with talking with us about your past, then we'll talk about our own pasts," he said. Daehyun took a minute to think about it. He then nodded. "Alright then," he said.

After a couple hours they headed back to the safe house, getting packed up. Yoongi opened the trunk lid, as Daehyun and JR brought down the bags that they brought into the house. Yoongi stood in the truck bed, taking the bags and arranging them. After that was done he hopped down, closing the trunk door before putting down the lid. He made sure it was locked, nodding to JR and Daehyun. "Lock up the place and put the key under the pot," he said. Daehyun went to do just that, coming back and getting into the backseat of the truck. Yoongi got into the driver's seat while JR got into the passenger seat. After a bit Yoongi started the truck and waited until it was clear before pulling into traffic. He headed out of Boston and headed south, going towards Philadelphia.