Chapter 11

A Pure Blood's Dilemma

They reached Philly just before midnight, Yoongi taking an exit to take them to iKon's pack house. Yoongi pulled into the driveway, parking next to another car. "Is this the right address?" He asked JR. "Yeah," said JR as he showed the address he had been given on the phone. "Text them and see," said Yoongi. JR did just that, and Jinhwan came outside a couple minutes later, knocking on the window. "Come on in," said Jinhwan. "You guys can unpack later," he said. "We'll be out in a second," said Yoongi before he turned off the ignition. He climbed out, with JR and Daehyun following behind. They headed inside after Jinhwan.

Yunhyeong was waiting for them in the livingroom, nodding to Jinhwan. "I heard we were having guests," he said. "Hello Yoongi," he said. "Yunhyeong," said Yoongi. "This is JR and Daehyun," he said, introducing his teammates to them. "JR, Daehyun, this is Jinhwan and Yunhyeong," he said. "Nice to meet you," said JR. "Likewise," said Jinhwan. Daehyun nodded in agreement. "Strong silent type?" Asked Yunhyeong as he tilted his head to the side. "No," said Daehyun as he chuckled some. "I'm just not very social around new people," he said. Yunhyeong smiled slightly. "Or you've heard of our reputation," he said. "Don't worry, we're nicer than you've been told," he said with a chuckle. "Get on our bad side however, that's a different story," he said.

"So how's Jungkook? We heard about Jin and sent our condolences but we never really got a reply," said Jinhwan after everyone went to relax in the livingroom. "Mm," said Yoongi. "He's doing okay, better than Hobi at least," he said. "Oh yeah, that big scandal that the vampire hunters had, you see why we became werewolf hunters instead now?" Jinhwan said with a chuckle. "I mean, it's not much better but," he said, shrugging. "Mm," said Yoongi. "Don't mind us if you get woken up by my screaming later," he said, scratching the back of his head. "It's fine," said Jinhwan. "We don't know what it's like, but we have an idea on what it was like," he said. Yoongi nodded.

After a while Jinhwan showed Yoongi and JR the room they'd be staying in before leaving them alone. Yoongi looked around the room, noticing that there was 3 beds in it. "I guess this is our room for the next couple nights," he said. "Mm," said JR. "Will you be okay?" He asked. "Yeah, at least, I hope so," said Yoongi. "Just be on the lookout for nightmares," he said. "Sure," said JR. Daehyun nodded. "I'll listen for them too, I normally have to wake up early anyway," he said. Yoongi nodded. The three of them chose a bed before Yoongi went to take a shower. When he got back Daehyun was fast asleep. JR was checking his phone for any new messages from Minhyun and the pack over in Washington state.

"Any news since Mark's death?" Asked Yoongi as he sat down on the other bed. "Not really," said JR. "Youngjae and Jooheon are thinking of leaving," he said. "Jooheon wants to go back to Changkhyun, missing being in their pack and being Changkhyun's beta," he said. "After hearing of Mark's death, it seems Youngjae may go with the idea," he said. "The only reason they're staying is because Jinyoung is still there," he said. "At least, part of the pack," he said. "Jackson still put his ties with them, and even though Yugyeom is human he said that he is with his pack," he said. "Well, that pack, but he was the original alpha," he said, shrugging.

Yoongi sighed as he laid down on his bed, looking up at the ceiling. "Well, goodnight," he said, putting an arm over his eyes as he slowly fell asleep. JR hummed in response before going to turn off the light. He then went to bed, listening to Daehyun's light snoring before he allowed himself to pass out.

Daehyun stood in the middle of a forest, a look of surprise on his face as he witnessed iKon kill his father. His priority at the moment was to find his brother, but he had come upon iKon while he was looking for Minhyuk. Hanbin turned when he heard Daehyun in a deep breath. "Oh look, we got a stray," he said. "If you're looking for your brother we left him wondering, you know why we went after your father, sick idiot he was," he said. "Finish him off Bobby, I know Yunhyeong and Jinhwan are already done with their kills," he said before changing and running off. Bobby shook his head and snapped Daehyun's father's neck before setting the body on fire. Daehyun snapped out of his trance then, and went to look for Minhyuk.

Daehyun jolted awake, sitting up with a small gasp. He looked around the room, before checking his phone for the time. It was still pretty early, but he knew someone was up from his sense of hearing picking up on movement downstairs in the kitchen. He looked towards Yoongi's bed when he heard movement, and promptly got up and went to check on him. Yoongi was in the beginnings of his nightmare, as he moved around slightly, getting tangled in the sheets. Daehyun was careful as he gently shook Yoongi, trying to snap him out of it. "Yoongi," he said softly, careful when trying to wake him in case there was a bad reaction to it. Yoongi mumbled out some words before jolting awake, his eyes snapping open as Daehyun moved away. He groaned before reaching around for his phone, checking the time on it before sitting up. "I guess the nightmares came again," he said, sighing. "Mm," said Daehyun. "Come on, let's see if we can't get any coffee," he said before leaving the room and heading downstairs. Yoongi sighed, looking towards's JR's bed before getting up and following after Daehyun.

Jinhwan was in the kitchen starting on coffee when Yoongi and Daehyun came in. He smiled some at them before turning back to the machine. "Black coffee?" He asked. "Sure," said Yoongi. "I guess," said Daehyun. "There's milk in the fridge and sugar is right here," said Jinhwan as he pointed to where the sugar was. "So grab a mug and get whatever you need," he said. "I'll get started on breakfast," he said before doing just that. Daehyun grabbed three mugs, trusting that Yoongi could get JR a cup of coffee as he handed Yoongi two mugs before going to get some coffee. After putting some sugar and milk in his coffee Daehyun went to relax in the livingroom. He watched as Yoongi went back upstairs with the two mugs, presumably to give one to JR.

Daehyun took his opportunity to talk to Jinhwan alone as he got up to go back into the kitchen. "I'm surprised you became a vampire hunter," said Jinhwan when Daehyun came back into the kitchen. "Mm," said Daehyun. "What happened to him?" He asked. "Who? Minhyuk? We left him alone, he wasn't our target," said Jinhwan. "You weren't either, but after we left your brother alone he was apparently left wondering for a good bit," he said. "To be honest we don't know what happened to him," he said. "Donghyuk said he left the kid alone so we believed him," he said. "Hm..." Mumbled Daehyun as he nodded. "I don't remember much of that day," he said. "All I remember was going out on a hunt and running into you guys," he said. "Hanbin and Bobby were the ones to kill my father, and had said that you guys got your kills but I didn't get much more out of them before they left," he said. "We didn't kill Minhyuk," said Yunhyeong as he walked into the kitchen. "If we did, I'm sure you would've seen it, but no, we had no reason to so we left you two alone," he said. "Where is he then?" Asked Daehyun. "We ran into a mated pair as we left the area, I'm assuming he went with them or something," Jinhwan said, shrugging

Things got quiet when Yoongi and JR came downstairs and into the kitchen. Jinhwan smiled some at JR before turning back to the stove to check on breakfast. "Ya'll can sit around the island if you want," he said. "We don't have much of a kitchen table considering we don't come here often," he said. Yoongi nodded and went to sit down at the kitchen island, putting his mug down. JR sat beside him, sipping on his coffee. Daehyun went to sit across from Yoongi, waiting for breakfast to be served.

"When you gonna head out to get your next kill?" Asked Yunhyeong. "I don't know," said Yoongi. "We may head out today, but if you guys are leaving today then we'll go out after breakfast," he said. "Nah, we aren't leaving yet," said Jinhwan. "We haven't gone after the pack yet," he said. "We're taking our time with this, they aren't expecting us anyway," he said. "Neither is our vampire," said Yoongi as he shrugs. JR hummed in agreement before sipping on his coffee some more.

Breakfast was soon served, as Jinhwan and Yunhyeong sat beside Daehyun. Everyone ate in silence, no one wanting to talk. Yoongi was the first to finish breakfast, going to wash his dishes before going back upstairs to change. JR soon went after him, going to take a shower.

Daehyun was left with Jinhwan and Yunhyeong as they took their time with eating. "Your teammates seem to be in a hurry this morning," remarked Jinhwan before he drank some coffee. "Yoongi did mention that he wanted to go home," said Daehyun as he drank some coffee. "He wants to get these missions done quick so he could go home to check on his brother and a friend," he said. "Yeah that makes sense," said Jinhwan. "You guys seem to be hiding something," said Daehyun as he raised an eyebrow. Yunhyeong smiled slightly. "Nah," he said. "But Yoongi seems to be hiding something," he said. "Maybe he isn't who you think he is," he said. "I'm surprised you didn't spill about your past to them already," he said. "That isn't really important right now is it?" Asked Daehyun. "Mm," said Yunhyeong.

"Well, we have a wolf pack to go after," said Jinhwan as he got up and went to wash his dishes. "Good luck on your vampire kill," he said before going back upstairs to change. Yunhyeong nodded to Daehyun before he went to do the same thing. Daehyun sighed, being the last one at the kitchen island as he looked down at his plate. He got up and finished his coffee before going to wash his dishes and going upstairs to change.

Yoongi and JR waited on Daehyun downstairs in the livingroom, as Jinhwan and Yunhyeong came downstairs. "Well, we're going after that pack today," said Jinhwan. "Good luck to you, if we're not back by the time you guys come back to get your truck you're free to pack up and leave, the key is under the mat," he said. "Thanks," said Yoongi. Jinhwan nodded and left with Yunhyeong.

Daehyun came downstairs dressed. "Well, let's do this," he said. Yoongi and JR got up and left the house with Daehyun following after him. They headed into the suburbs, going into a bad part of town. "Why is it that when we go after these vampires they're always in the bad side of town?" Asked Daehyun. "It's a thing that I've found with these vampires through out the years that we spent hunting them," said Yoongi. "This is where people aren't missed," he said. "This is where the poor live, and where the worst of people live," he said. "These people don't care if someone disappeared or not so," he said, shrugging. "It's prime hunting grounds for vampires," he said.

When they reached the area where their vampire was Yoongi offered to kill him this time. "Just keep an eye on things for me," said Yoongi. "The vampire is in that house there," he said. Daehyun and JR nodded and kept watch while Yoongi headed inside to take out their vampire. JR turned to Daehyun. "I know about your conversation with them," he said. "Mm," said Daehyun. "I'm not going to push you for telling us about your past, but you should've told us about knowing them," he said. "I wasn't even sure if you guys were even talking about them," said Daehyun. "I didn't know they were called iKon and it was a bit shocking to see them," he said. "Mm," said JR.

Yoongi came out of the house with the item that the vampire had on him, nodding to JR and Daehyun. "We got that done," he said. "The bag where we put all our stuff that we got from our vampires is in the truck," he said. "Let's go home," he said. Yoongi headed home with JR and Daehyun. When they got there they saw that iKon was gone, so they went to pack up and lock the house after loading the truck with their bags. After locking up the house Yoongi got in the driver's seat, with JR in the back and Daehyun in the passenger seat. Yoongi started the truck and backed out of the driveway, pulling into traffic and driving off, heading out of the city and heading south.

"Where are we heading next?" Asked Daehyun. "South Carolina, we're stopping by the safe house in Charleston as our next vampires are around North Carolina, Tennessee, and Georgia," said Yoongi. "We're also meeting up with Shownu and company, they have a mission there so we're sharing the safe house," he said. "That is the last of the vampires on our list, but we get to relax afterwards," he said. "Mm," said Daehyun as he nodded.