Chapter 19

A Pure Blood's Dilemma

They had the funeral for Shownu, with only close friends in attendance. Yugyeom, Aron, Jackson, and Jinhwan were there at the funeral. Hyungwon didn't let anyone else come to the funeral, not wanting it to be a big event.

It was a cold day for everyone, though the only person who really complained about the cold was Yugyeom who dressed in the thickest jacket he could find. Hyungwon was the one to put the cross on the grave, while the others bowed their heads in respect. Jinhwan stepped forward with the necklace, hanging it on the cross before stepping back. Everyone else went to add a flower to the grave before stepping back. Changkhyun was the last to step up to the grave and add a photo in a picture frame to the grave, a photo of everyone in happier times.

After the funeral Jungkook, Jimin, and Yoongi paid their respects to Jin's grave while Changkhyun and the others paid their respects to Wonho's grave. Jinhwan, Yugyeom and Daehyun felt left out because they didn't know the others. Yugyeom had an excuse but Jinhwan and Daehyun didn't really talk to Jin or Wonho before their deaths. After a bit Jinhwan left, wishing the others that were hunters luck on their next missions.

Yugyeom scratched the back of his head as he waited on Aron and Jackson as they went to pay their respects to Jin then Wonho. "So you became the third member for Yoongi's team?" He asked Daehyun to start a conversation while they stared out at the frozen pond. "Mm," said Daehyun as he nodded. "I guess I'm a permanent member now, but I still have my pack," he said. "Who's your pack alpha?" Asked Yugyeom. "Yongguk," said Daehyun. "Ah, I heard of him," said Yugyeom. "How are you gonna get home?" He asked. "Probably get a ride the next time someone's headed that way," said Daehyun. "Unless I get Shownu's truck and leave with my brother and Hyungwon," he said.

Yoongi and JR head over after a few minutes nodding to Yugyeom and Daehyun. "Aron and Jackson are almost done," said Yoongi. "Daehyun can we talk?" He asked. Daehyun tilted his head to the side. "Sure," he said. They walked off, away from the others.

"What's up?" Asked Daehyun. "I'm sure you've figured this out too judging from when Hoseok volunteered to go shopping with you when we were in Boston," he said. "We, well you and Yugyeom's wolf are mates," he said. "I know," said Daehyun. "But I feel nothing more than friendship towards you in general," he said. "It doesn't matter if you have a different wolf or not," he said. "You are a great person Yoongi," he said. "I am not judging you for having a different wolf," he said. Yoongi nodded. "I'm not here to mess with your relationship to JR," said Daehyun. "If you want to take it farther then I can do that," he said. "But that is completely up to you, I still need to find my pure blood mate," he said. "I'm going to head home when someone gets a mission east again, or I get Shownu's truck and take Minhyuk and Hyungwon with me, only if they choose to," he said.

After a bit they wondered back to the others who were just getting done paying their respects and were just hanging around talking. Yugyeom walked over to Yoongi and Daehyun, looking apologetic. "I'm sorry for not realizing this sooner about my wolf being your body, those must've been some awkward conversations," he said, scratching the back of his head. Yoongi shook his head. "It's alright," he said. "We've come to an understanding," he said. "And besides, we found your pure blood mate," he said, throwing an arm around Daehyun's shoulder. Daehyun scratched the back of his head. "Yep," he said. Yugyeom nodded. "I thought there was something between you two," he said, smiling some. He shivered. "Well, I'm freezing," he said with a sigh. "You managed to stay out here for a good bit though," said Aron as he walked over. "We must get going though, thanks for inviting us," he said. Yoongi nodded. "No problem," he said. Aron, Jackson, and Yugyeom leave, heading back home to Washington State.

 

~



A few days after the funeral Daehyun asked Minhyuk and Hyungwon if they wanted to go home with him. They accepted and started packing up their things into Shownu's truck. "We can go back to southern California for the rest of your things, but I think it's time I head home to the pack house," he said. "I keep getting texts from our two youngest asking when I was heading home," he said with a chuckle. Minhyuk laughs. "Well, as long as your pack alpha doesn't start texting you about it I think we're good," he said. "Mm," said Hyungwon.

Yoongi headed over with JR to say their goodbyes. "At least visit again," said Yoongi as he tilted his head to the side. "Don't worry, we will," said Daehyun. "We can't really be apart for too long, unless you want to come with us?" He asked as he stood straight, stretching and looking at Yoongi from the bed of the truck. "That is up to you though," he said. Yoongi thought about it as he turned to JR. JR shrugs. "Go for it, I need to head back to Washington state to check on things anyway," he said. Yoongi nodded. "Then I'm going with you," he said before running into the house to pack.

Changkhyun and Jungkook come outside with scowls on their faces. "Taking our pack members?" Asked Jungkook. "Hey, I did ask if they wanted to come," Daehyun said with a pout. Changkhyun laughs, before shaking his head. "It's fine," he said. "It was getting crowded in the house anyway," he said. "Tell Yongguk we said hello," said Jungkook as he chuckled some. "We will," said Daehyun as Yoongi came outside with a few of his things and helped Hyungwon load them into the truck bed. Daehyun tied everything down before hopping down with Minhyuk behind him and closing the trunk lid. They got in the truck, with Daehyun and Minhyuk in front while Yoongi and Hyungwon were in the backseat. Jungkook and Changkhyun waved to them as Daehyun started the truck and backed out before driving off and heading east.

 

~



"Hyung!" Yelled Youngjae as he tackled Daehyun as he got out of the truck after reaching the pack house in New York City. "I was about to ask Yongguk about borrowing his car to go chase you down," he said. "Well," said Daehyun as he scratched the back of his head, chuckling some. "Come on inside! Everyone is waiting!" Said Youngjae as he dragged Daehyun inside. Minhyuk, Hyungwon, and Yoongi shake their heads at Youngjae's antics before following Youngjae inside.

"Good to see you again Daehyun, Yoongi," said Yongguk as they reached Yongguk's apartment. "Same to you Yongguk," said Daehyun. "This is my brother Minhyuk and his mate Hyungwon," he said as he introduced them. "Do you mind if they join us?" He asked. Yongguk smiled. "Of course not, family is important after all," he said with a chuckle. "And I'm going to take a wild guess and say that Yugyeom's wolf's pure blood mate is you?" He asked. Daehyun and Yoongi nod. "Well, you can stay too, Yoongi," said Yongguk. "Awesome!" Said Youngjae. "Welcome to the pack you three," he said with a smile. "Cain't wait till Jongup and Himchan hear about this," he said. "Where are they anyway?" Asked Daehyun. "Mission, Kris called them and Zelo out for a mission," he said. "Ah," said Daehyun. "I'll leave you three to settle, you'll be sharing apartments with Daehyun here," said Yongguk. "If you don't mind anyway," he said. "Not at all," said Minhyuk. Yoongi and Hyungwon nod in agreement. "Alright come on," said Daehyun as he left Yongguk's apartment and went to his own. Minhyuk, Hyungwon, and Yoongi followed after him.