Chapter 14

A Pure Blood's Dilemma

Things were starting to change for the trio as Yoongi took the truck to do the mission in Georgia. Daehyun was starting to feel weird, anxious. His wolf was acting up, but he didn't know why. He never felt this way before, but being near Minhyuk kept him calm for the most part, which he was okay with.

Shownu and Hyungwon were able to spend some time together, letting Minhyuk drag JR and Daehyun around town. "You seem distant hyung," remarked Minhyuk as they stopped by a diner for some lunch. "Mm," said Daehyun. "I'm fine," he said. "Yoongi should be back today," said JR. "We'll stay a few more days before heading home," he said. "We'll go through Tennessee for our last mission then back to Boston," he said. "I think Yoongi said he'd let you take the last kill," he said. "Alright," said Daehyun. They got their orders when a waiter came and they sat waiting, JR checking his phone for anything new.

"Anything new back home?" Asked Minhyuk. "Not really," said JR. "Just Jungkook wanting you guys to visit again, Changkhyun misses having you guys around," he said. Minhyuk chuckled some. "Well, Shownu was the alpha for the longest time," he said. "He became like a father to Changkhyun, so they are pretty close," he said. "Any thing new since Minhyun became the alpha?" He asked. "Not really," said JR. "Things are relatively quiet, Jooheon may leave with Youngjae, Youngjae can't stand it there anymore," he said. "Mark had kept that pack together since Yugyeom lost his memories and now that he's dead, well," he said, shrugging.

"It's not that they don't trust Minhyun," said Minhyuk when Daehyun gave him a questioning look. "Yugyeom had been a good alpha, with Mark becoming his beta with Jinyoung before Youngjae took over Mark's spot," he said. "From what I know of their history as a pack, Mark was Jackson's right hand man, and then when Yugyeom became an alpha he left with Yugyeom, Jinyoung, and Youngjae," he said. "He's been helping lead the pack ever since," he said.

Their food soon came and everyone ate in silence, not wanting to talk much now. Halfway through lunch JR got a text from Yoongi. "Oh, iKon's coming for a visit," he said, looking confused. "Must be the other half of their team?" Asked Daehyun as he tilted his head. "I dunno, they met in Georgia, Jinhwan and Yunhyeong aren't anywhere near here are they?" Asked JR. "Ask who's with him," said Minhyuk as he tilted his head. "Oh, it's Hanbin and Bobby," mumbled JR after getting another text, as he looked at Daehyun gauging his reaction. Daehyun blinked, before shrugging. "I'm fine with that," he said.

"Well, they're coming now," said JR. "Let Shownu know we're having guests," he said. Minhyuk nodded and went to text Shownu. "Okay," he said. "He said that was okay," he said. "Alright," said JR. Daehyun nodded. "Let's finish eating before we head home," he said as he went back to eating. The others did the same.

JR paid for lunch before they left, heading home. Daehyun led the way home, wanting to be by himself for a bit as he walked ahead of Minhyuk and JR. Minhyuk walked with JR, wondering what was up with Daehyun. JR shook his head. "It's nothing," he said when he noticed how Minhyuk was acting. "At least, I think anyway," he said. "Mm," said Minhyuk.

They soon reached the house as a rental car pulled into the driveway. Shownu came outside with Hyungwon as Daehyun and the others moved out of the way to let the car park. Hanbin was the first to step out of the car, then Bobby followed out a minute later, nodding to the others.

"We need a place to crash for a couple days," explained Hanbin when Shownu gave him a questioning look. "We do work for Kris too, so technically we are allowed to be here," he said. "No one is protesting against you staying here," said Shownu as he bowed his head slightly, tilting his head to the side in the process. "Besides, I don't think you'd want to start a scene with so many witnesses do you?" He asked. Hanbin looked around, before shaking his head. "The ever peace maker Shownu eh?" He asked, smiling slightly. Shownu laughs. "Well, being a long time alpha does have its perks," he said.

Shownu turned to Daehyun, JR, and Minhyuk. "Come on inside you three, you must be tired from the walk back," he said. Daehyun nodded, turning to JR and Minhyuk, who both head inside. Daehyun let out a sigh before heading inside after them. "You can bring your bags inside," said Shownu as he turned to Hanbin and Bobby. Hanbin nodded and went to grab his bags before going inside with them. Bobby did the same.

"There's the guest room on the first floor you can have," said Shownu as Hanbin came inside with a suitcase. "If you don't mind it anyway," he said. "Sure," said Hanbin. "Again, we aren't here to cause trouble," he said. "You would know if we are here to cause trouble," he said. "I guess," said Shownu as he shrugs. "It's by the kitchen," he said pointing to where the kitchen was. Hanbin nodded and went towards the room Shownu had pointed to with Bobby following behind him.

Yoongi returned a few hours later, parking behind Shownu's truck. He entered the house nodding to Minhyuk and Daehyun who were sitting in the livingroom watching a movie. "Shownu's working on dinner," said Minhyuk as he glanced up at Yoongi before looking back towards the tv. "Cool, which room did they get?" Asked Yoongi. "The one near the kitchen," said Daehyun. "Mm," said Yoongi. "Where's JR?" He asked. "In you two's room," said Minhyuk. Yoongi nodded and went upstairs to the room he was sharing with JR.

"Hyung," said Minhyuk as the movie they were watching finished. "Hm?" Asked Daehyun. "Go for a run with me?" Asked Minhyuk. Daehyun tilted his head to the side. "What brought this on?" He asked. "I just want to go for a run," said Minhyuk. "If you don't want to then I can ask Shownu or Hyungwon," he said. "Nah, I'd love to go for a run," said Daehyun. Minhyuk grinned. "Great! I'll ask Shownu if we can take the truck," he said, before getting up and going to find Shownu. Daehyun turned off the tv, before getting up and stretching. He waited until Minhyuk came back with the car keys before heading out with him. "We can't be out too long, but we'll miss dinner," said Minhyuk. "I'm fine with that," said Daehyun. "Unless you want to get dinner first," he said. "Nah, let's go, we can get dinner on the way back," said Minhyuk. He went to grab a backpack full of clothes before heading out with Daehyun.

"Where'd the two brothers go?" Asked Yoongi as he went into the kitchen. "For a run," said Shownu as he looked over at Yoongi. "Mm," said Yoongi. "Dinner almost ready?" He asked. "Almost, go sit in the livingroom, I'll call everyone into the kitchen when I'm done with dinner," said Shownu. Yoongi nodded and headed into the livingroom where Hanbin and Bobby were sitting on the couch watching a movie. Yoongi went to sit on the floor, watching the movie with them.

Hyungwon and JR come downstairs and into the livingroom just before Shownu called everyone into the kitchen. "What'cha guys watching?" Asked JR. "Some scary movie that's playing," said Hanbin. "Mm," said Hyungwon before he went into the kitchen to see if Shownu needed help with anything. "Dinner's ready!" Shownu called from the kitchen. JR and Yoongi got up to go get their plates, with Hanbin and Bobby following after them. They came back with their plates of food and went to sit down and watch the rest of the movie.

Daehyun and Minhyuk came home after dinner, having gone to grab their own dinner on the way home. By then everyone had gone to bed, though Hanbin and Bobby were in the kitchen watching a late night movie. "Don't stay up too late now," said Minhyuk before he headed upstairs. Daehyun nodded in agreement before he followed Minhyuk upstairs to their shared room.