Chapter 8

A Pure Blood's Dilemma

Yoongi, JR, and Daehyun took two of the bedrooms in the safe house, leaving the other bedroom for Youngjae and Zelo who joined them after a couple hours. Daehyun got to be with his packmates for a while, while Yoongi and JR got to relax.

Youngjae and Zelo were in the kitchen with Daehyun discussing things as they made dinner. "So how was your first kill?" Asked Youngjae. Daehyun sighed, shaking his head. "It went okay," he said. "I expected a fight but he didn't fight at all," he said. "He wanted to die, but he had a reason to," he said. "He used to be a pure blood, but he survived the transformation," he said. "His wolf died so he asked for it," he said. "He made sure to let his mate know what was happening to him and made sure they were okay with it," he said. "That seems correct," said Youngjae. "I think it's cause their wolf died, pure bloods and their wolves are like one," he said. "At least, that's what it seems like to me," he said. "I wonder what it's like for turned werewolves," he said.

"Nothing's really different for turned werewolves," said JR as he walked into the kitchen. "At least to me, my wolf is a different entity in my mind," he said. "I guess that makes sense," said Youngjae. "Sorry for asking about this stuff, I'm curious," he said. JR shrugs. "It's fine," he said. "You get used to it the longer you're alive," he said. "So what's Yoongi's story?" Asked Youngjae. "I think that's something he'd like to discuss himself," said JR. "I mean, I was there but nothing can compare to his own experience," he said. "He will tell you when he feels like it's time, even Daehyun doesn't know the whole story," he said.

"I can tell you that what happened with me is traumatizing," said Yoongi as he walked into the kitchen. "But I'm not going to say anything about it until I feel comfortable enough to share the entire story," he said. "I know you may know the story, but you weren't there to witness it," he said. Daehyun nodded, looking to his two packmates, who shrug. "No worries," said Youngjae. "I don't want to press you for something like that," he said. "We've all heard the stories of what happened, Yongguk was the one to punish those hunters for what they did," he said. "At least justice was served," said Yoongi. JR nodded. "At least they had the guts to do something like that," he said.

"As much as you thought that the vampire hunting world hasn't changed, it really has though," said Daehyun. "Yongguk was the one who reminded them that the werewolves can be considered vampire hunters, why do you think there's been so many new laws out for us that basically let us do what we please as vampire hunters as long as we do our missions, it protects our packs," he said. "If that was actually the case, then more werewolves would become vampire hunters so that the werewolf hunters would have no werewolves to hunt," said Yoongi. "Sure Kris and Yongguk have big influences in the vampire hunting world, but not everyone knows about this," he said.

"I guess you're right," said Daehyun. "It's a blessing that we've been able to become hunters, you can only become one if you have connections, and/or you get into a pack who has their connections to Kris or the vampire hunting association," he said. Yoongi nodded. "I wonder what wolf packs are affiliated with Kris? I know America doesn't have many packs, with the only major pack being Chanyeol's," he said. "There's Jungkook's pack, Minhyun's pack, and Chanyeol's pack in the west," he said. "Then there's Kris's pack going over from Canada in the north east, and the southern half of the United States is occupied by a werewolf named Jongdae," he said. "At least, that's what Chanyeol has told us when we asked," he said. "There's a lot of smaller packs, that are nomadic, but those that work for Kris have the advantage of at least having a somewhat permanent home with the safe houses," he said.

"And there's one pack that is dedicated to hunting werewolves," said JR. "They call themselves iKon," he said. "The only reason they hunt werewolves is because their youngest was killed by a werewolf," he said. "It keeps them off the list, and even Kris calls for them when no one else is available," he said. "They have killed the werewolf that killed their youngest, but Yugyeom, Jinyoung and Mark knew him," he said. "From what Yugyeom told us, Chanwoo was living on Jinyoung's father's farm during the first world war and he helped them get away, getting to Denmark just before the war ended," he said. "I'm not sure of the details but something caused Chanwoo to get admitted to the hospital and while he was there Mark, Jinyoung and Yugyeom stayed with him but something caused them to leave him for a bit and while they were away Chanwoo was killed," he said.

"If you find out that your pack is being hunted down by iKon pray that you have a quick death is all I have to say," said Yoongi. "Their teamwork as a pack is a lot more intricate than our teamwork," he said. "Even the best vampire hunting team is a bit outmatched by iKon," he said. "I wouldn't want to go up against them, even if we haven't done anything wrong to warrant them going after us," said Daehyun.

"Even if Yongguk was feared in the vampires, iKon is even more feared with the werewolves," said Yoongi. "We'll probably run into them once or twice during our missions, a lot of times we'll have to call upon their help to even get anything done," he said. "I see," said Daehyun. "How many times have you guys called on them?" Asked Youngjae. "A few, maybe about 5 times," said Yoongi.

"Anyway, dinner should be done soon, go and relax a bit," said Youngjae. "Sure," said Yoongi before he headed into the livingroom to relax on the couch. JR sighed, shaking his head. "Don't mind him," he said, before following after Yoongi into the livingroom.

Daehyun sighed. "Be careful with what you say around them," he said. "Sorry hyung," mumbled Youngjae. "I don't want to lose their trust already, even if we haven't known each other for long," said Daehyun. "Yoongi seems heartless, but he really isn't," he said. "They don't want to open up yet, it takes time," he said. "Hyung, when are you going to open up to them about your past?" Asked Zelo. "Not until I find Minhyuk again," said Daehyun. "I need to find my brother," he said. "He needs to know what happened to our parents, though I doubt he'll remember what happened to him," he said. "You think they will know where Minhyuk is?" Asked Youngjae. "Probably," said Daehyun. "Don't say anything to them yet, I want to ask them myself," he said. Youngjae nodded.

"Dinner!" Called out Daehyun. Yoongi got up and headed into the kitchen to get his plate of food with JR close behind him. Once they got their plate of food they both went back into the livingroom, taking their place on the couch. Daehyun grabbed his own plate and went to sit down at the coffee table, putting his plate down and starting to eat. Youngjae and Zelo went to join him, eating in silence as a movie played on TV.