Chapter 15

A Pure Blood's Dilemma

After a couple days Yoongi and JR decided to go and do their last mission on the list, which Daehyun was ready for. "Okay, this time your target is a vampire who goes by the name Ten," said Yoongi as he briefed Daehyun on their last target. "You want to look for a Thai Baht coin, which is a piece of currency from Thailand," he said. "Here's his picture, and I'll leave the truck to you," he said as he sent the information to Daehyun's phone.

Daehyun took a deep breath. "Are you sure?" He asked. Yoongi nodded. "Vampire hunters mainly do solo missions, if they are assigned to a team it usually means that that team is either looking for a new member or is helping out a new vampire hunter," he said. "If you succeed in this last mission, we'll be all set and you'll get your part of the pay," he said. Daehyun nodded. "Gotta do this solo?" He asked. Yoongi nodded. "The address has been sent to your phone, good luck," he said. Daehyun nodded before leaving the house with the necessary supplies.

Daehyun sat in the truck for a few minutes, putting the address he was supposed to go to in the GPS on his phone. Minhyuk came out to say goodbye. "We're leaving after you so goodbye hyung," he said. Daehyun let out a deep breath. "Goodbye, it was nice seeing you again, maybe after all this is done I'll come for a visit, if I'm still with Yoongi's team, even if I'm not I'll just see if I can get your number from Yoongi," he said. "Here," said Minhyuk as he wrote down his phone number and handing it to Daehyun. "This will be easier," he said, smiling some. "I'm sorry I don't remember our life growing up, or you, but these past couple weeks spent with you has been the most fun I've ever had," he said. "You're my only living family member left, I know we'll see each other again," he said. Daehyun nodded. "Now, go get your last kill," said Minhyuk as he patted the truck before moving away. Daehyun waved before starting the truck and backing out of the driveway before driving off to do the last mission of the list.

Daehyun sighed as he drove to Tennessee. He spent most of the drive in silence, letting his phone direct him to where he needed to go. He stopped several times to get gas, and when he reached his destination he parked on the side of the road, noticing he was in a pretty wooded area. "Hm, this is different," he mumbled before getting out of the truck. He looked towards the long driveway, before shaking his head and went around to put the key in the glove box. He closed the door before going to scout.

Every instinct in his body was telling him that this was a trap as he came upon a lone house in the middle of the woods. He kept his guard up as he saw a lone person sitting on the porch steps leading up to the house. "Ah, so they sent a mutt after me," said the person as he stood. "Being abandoned by your own coven you know," they said as they walked over to Daehyun. "Mm," said Daehyun. "I'm Ten, or at least they called me that," said Ten. "I wouldn't be so willing to die here so make it quick, the coin you're looking for is in the house," he said. "I don't believe you," said Daehyun. "Fine," said Ten as he attacked Daehyun. Daehyun quickly dodged out of the way, using what little martial arts he learned from Yongguk to force Ten to his knees.

"Now, what kind of vampire would tell me to go into a house when I can see the chain on your neck," said Daehyun as he quickly killed Ten. He saw the body get turned into ashes and quickly grabbed the chain, yelping when it burned his hand and dropping it. "Damn it," he said. "Should've known it was silver," he said with a growl before going to grab a stick. He checked the house for anything to put it in and put it in a trash bag before running back to the truck with it. He threw it into the bag where all the other items they had for missions were kept and put the bag in the trunk, closing the lid.

He texted Yoongi for the address back to the safe house and sat in the truck for a few minutes, waiting for the reply. When he got one he put the address into the GPS on his phone before starting the truck and driving off, back to Charleston.

When he got there he noticed that the rental car that iKon was using was gone from the driveway. Yoongi came out of the house with their bags of clothes and went to put them in the trunk of the truck as soon as Daehyun parked the truck. "Successful?" Asked Yoongi as Daehyun got out of the truck. "Yeah," said Daehyun. "The chain that the coin was on was silver though, I burned my hand," he said. "We had some ointment in the glove box, did you use it?" Asked Yoongi. "I didn't even look," said Daehyun. "It stopped burning though, I only touched it briefly," he said as he looked as his hand. "It looks okay though, but I'll use the ointment on it," he said before going to get the ointment from the glove compartment. He put it on before wrapping it in a bandage. He then put the ointment back into the glove compartment.

JR came out with the rest of their things and went to put them in the trunk before Yoongi closed the lid. "We got your things too, if you don't mind," said Yoongi as he turned to Daehyun. "No problem," said Daehyun as he shrugs. "Go lock up the house and the key should be under the pot," said Yoongi. Daehyun nodded and went to lock the house up, putting the key under the pot. He headed back to the truck, getting into the back seat to lay down. Yoongi and JR sat in the front, Yoongi in the drivers seat for the first bit.

The drive north was silent, Daehyun being in his own thoughts from his most recent kill. JR was playing a game on his phone for most of the drive north, before Yoongi parked at a rest stop somewhere in west ia to switch seats. "Daehyun you want to drive?" He asked. Daehyun sat up, before nodding. "Sure," he said before getting out of the truck to use the bathroom. JR and Yoongi went to do the same thing before getting some snacks.

"Just continue north along the highway," said Yoongi as he met Daehyun back at the truck. "We should reach New York state in a few hours, you can switch with JR then," he said. Daehyun nodded. "I guess it's that simple," he said. "Just don't crash the truck, it seems like we're going into a small snow storm, so be careful driving," said Yoongi. Daehyun nodded and got into the driver's seat. JR got into the passenger seat and Yoongi got in the back, immediately laying down to take a nap. Daehyun started the truck and backed out of the parking spot, driving off and continuing to head north towards Boston.

When they reached New York state JR switched seats with Daehyun and continued to drive north. Snow was falling now as JR drove so he the heater system to warm up the truck and have some background noise for the time being.

"So, how was your couple weeks spent with Minhyuk?" Asked JR as he attempted to start a conversation. "Mm," said Daehyun. "I'm glad I got to see him again," he said. "I want to spend more time with him, maybe next time," he said. JR nodded. "You'll see each other again," he said.

Yoongi's phone went off on the dashboard dock so JR picked up, putting it on speaker. "What's up Shownu?" He asked. "Hey, we're behind you, we were heading to New York city," came Shownu's voice. Yoongi sat up, looking out the back windows. Shownu waved from the driver's seat. "It's them," said Yoongi. "Did you guys get stuck in traffic or something?" Asked JR. "Yeah, are you guys going straight to Boston?" asked Shownu. "Yeah, we need to turn our stuff in," said Yoongi. "You don't need to keep following us," he said. "Nah, we'll go to Boston with you, if you don't mind," said Shownu. "Sure," said JR. "We need to stop for gas soon, if you want to top off on gas feel free to stop with us," he said. "Sure," said Shownu. "We'll carpool," said JR before he hung up and continued driving.

After stopping for some gas Minhyuk got to see Daehyun again. "I knew we'd see each other again," he said grinning. Daehyun laughs. "Well," he said, shrugging. "I know we're headed to the same city, so I was wondering if I could be in the truck with you guys," said Minhyuk. "Ask Yoongi," said Daehyun. Minhyuk went to see Yoongi. "Can I be in the truck with you three?" He asked. "Sure," said Yoongi. "As long as Shownu is okay with it," he said. "I'm fine with it," said Shownu as he walked over. "Minhyuk has been wanting to spend more time with Daehyun, and I can see it in Daehyun too, he wants to be with Minhyuk as much as possible, as if he's afraid of losing him again," he said. Yoongi nodded. "Makes sense," he said. "I don't want to be away from Hobi for too long though I know Doyoung can take care of him," he said. "Anyway, don't cause them trouble alright Minhyuk?" Asked Shownu as he tousled Minhyuk's hair. Minhyuk laughs as he moved away. "Yeah yeah," he said, smiling some.

Yoongi and JR sat in the front while Daehyun and Minhyuk sat in the back of the truck when they left the gas station. Shownu and Hyungwon were in their own truck as they pulled out after them. They continued the drive to Boston, just wanting to get there as quick as possible so they could sleep and wake up early to get to Dragon Enterprises to turn in their bounties and get paid.