Chapter 16

A Pure Blood's Dilemma

They made it to Boston just before midnight, parking next to the sidewalk in front of the safe house. They noticed a jeep parked in front of Jin's truck, and the lights were on in the building. Yoongi turned around in the driver's seat and woke up the sleeping brothers. "We're here," he said. "I wonder who's here, that's not Changkhyun's Jeep," he said before hopping out of the truck. JR got out after him and went to the front door of the house.

Doyoung had answered the door, smiling when he saw who was at the door. "Hey, come on in," he said. "Didn't expect for you to be here," said JR as he scratched the back of his head. "We had a mission, and we got a new Jeep so," said Doyoung. Daehyun came over dragging along Minhyuk who was basically sleep walking at this point.

"Tired Minhyuk?" Asked Doyoung as he grinned. "Mm," Minhyuk said sleepily. "The room by the stairs is free, you two can have that room," said Doyoung. Daehyun nodded before heading inside with Minhyuk. Yoongi and JR head inside with Shownu and Hyungwon following after them.

Hoseok tackled Yoongi. "Hi hyung," he said. "Hey there Hobi," said Yoongi. "Missed me?" He asked. "Mm," said Hoseok. Doyoung rolled his eyes. "Come on Hoseok, we need to let them get unpacked and let them get some sleep," he said. "Fine," mumbled Hoseok before he let go of Yoongi and moved away. "It's alright, Hobi can come help unpack," he said. Hoseok smiled, nodding. "Come on," said Yoongi before he went back outside to get their bags. Hoseok ran after him.

"So what's the story with those two?" Doyoung asked JR. "Minhyuk and Daehyun? Apparently they're long lost brothers," said JR. "Daehyun became a vampire hunter to look for his brother," he said. "And he found him," he said. "We aren't sure what to do now, Daehyun's found his brother, it's his choice to continue hunting or not," he said. "Plus, isn't he supposed to hunt for a year at least before he can stop?" He asked. "I think so," said Doyoung. "I never really looked into it, I've been a hunter most of my life after I was turned so," he said, shrugging.

"How's hunting for you guys?" Asked JR. "Good, I heard ya'll got assigned to kill Ten, the idiot was a handful," said Doyoung. "You knew him?" Asked JR. "Mm," said Doyoung. "I grew up with him, same with Taeyong," he said. "It was only a matter of time before a team was sent after him," he said. "Was he turned?" Asked JR. Doyoung nodded. "He was, but he kept it from us until we were turned into werewolves," he said. "We swore not to be the ones to hunt him down, and then he just disappeared off the face of the earth," he said.

"Well, let's get some sleep," said Shownu as he walked over. "What rooms are free?" He asked. "The two on the 2nd floor," said Doyoung. "We have the one at the end of the hall so," he said, shrugging. "Alright," said Shownu. He headed upstairs with Hyungwon, going to their designated room. Yoongi and Hoseok came back inside with their bags, Hoseok going to drop Daehyun's bag in Daehyun's room, while Yoongi and JR went upstairs to take a much needed shower and go to bed. Doyoung and Hoseok head up to their room and fall asleep.

The next morning Minhyuk was the first to wake up, sitting up and looking at the floor beside the bed, where Daehyun as sleeping with an arm over his eyes. Minhyuk got up, throwing a blanket over Daehyun before heading out of the room and into the kitchen to start the coffee maker. Yoongi came downstairs when he heard the coffee maker start, smiling some at Minhyuk before going to the fridge to see what he could do for breakfast. "Morning hyung," said Minhyuk without looking up from the coffee maker. "Mm," said Yoongi as he grabbed stuff to make breakfast and started on it.

The others came into the kitchen to the smell of fresh coffee and food. Daehyun was the last person to come into the kitchen, having been the last person to wake up. "Morning sleepy head," said Yoongi as he shook his head. "Sorry," mumbled Daehyun. "No need to apologize," said Shownu. "We got in pretty late," he said. "I'm surprised Minhyuk woke up first, he's usually the last person to wake up," he said. Minhyuk scratched the back of his head. "I guess it's an old habit or something," he said. Daehyun cringed slightly. "Yeah, it was," he mumbled. "Oh, sorry," said Minhyuk as he scratched the back of his head. "No, it's fine," said Daehyun as he took a deep breath. "I need to stop dwelling on the past so much," he said, shaking his head. "You're here now, that's all that matters," he said.

"Anyway, breakfast is ready," said Yoongi. "We'll head out to get paid and then we'll take a few more days of vacation," he said. "Unless you're in a hurry to go home," he said turning to Daehyun. "No, not really," said Daehyun. "I stayed at home a lot, I think Yongguk wouldn't mind me being away for a few more days," he said. "Alright, let's eat," said Yoongi and everyone went to get their plate of food before going to sit in the living room to eat breakfast and watch something on TV.

After breakfast Yoongi went to get the bag that they were using to put all their stuff they had gotten from their missions before heading to the bank with JR and Daehyun to collect their pay. When they got there they noticed that Yongguk was there with two people that Yoongi and JR could only assume were his betas. "Hey Yongguk, Jongup, Himchan," said Daehyun as they walked over. Yongguk turned, smiling some as he saw Daehyun. "Oh, good, you're not dead yet," he said in a joking manner. Daehyun laughs, scratching the back of his head. "Well, we succeeded," he said. "And I found my brother," he said. Yongguk smiled, tousling Daehyun's hair. "Great, for both," he said. "Nice to see you two again, I hope Daehyun wasn't too much trouble," he said. "Nah, he's been fine," said Yoongi. "Good," said Yongguk. "We were just here to grab our missions," he said. "Have fun on the rest of your vacation," he said before leaving with his betas.

Yoongi went up to the banker to let them know he was here to turn in some stuff to get their pay before going to sit down and wait with Daehyun and JR. Jaehyun came out to meet them a few minutes later, smiling at the three of them. "Finished?" He asked. "Yeah," said Yoongi as he handed Jaehyun the bag. "We may have picked up a couple more stuff because JR was almost killed by a coven of vampires," he said. Jaehyun nodded. "I'll go process this and come back with the bag, give me a few minutes," he said before leaving.

"I don't think I should've done that," mumbled JR. "It's alright," assured Daehyun. "If you didn't do anything then you'd be dead or worse," he said. "I guess," said JR. Yoongi put a hand on JR's shoulder. "It'll be fine, worse comes to worse you get suspended from hunting for a bit," he said. "Mm," said JR.

Jaehyun came back with an empty bag, nodding to JR. "Good thing you took out the coven, saves us the trouble of sending a team over there," he said. "You'll get transferred the pay whichever way you guys want, I know Yoongi and JR have a joint bank account, so Daehyun will get his cut of the pay," he said. Yoongi nodded. "That's fine," he said. "Thank you," he said taking the bag. Jaehyun nodded before heading back to the elevator. Yoongi, JR, and Daehyun stood before leaving the bank and heading back to the safe house.

Minhyuk tackled Daehyun while Hoseok tackled Yoongi. "Hi there," said Yoongi and Daehyun. Shownu, Hyungwon, and Doyoung come outside, shaking their heads at Minhyuk and Hoseok's behavior. Yoongi chuckled some. "I guess we both have clingy brothers," he said. Daehyun smiled some. "Yeah, it seems so," he said. "What are you guys doing today?" Asked Minhyuk. "I think I want to go shopping," said Daehyun as he looked over at Yoongi. "Mm," said Yoongi. "Well, you do need new clothes," he said with a chuckle. "I wanna help," said Minhyuk as he moved away from Daehyun. Daehyun nodded. "Sure," he said. "Can I come too?" Asked Hoseok as he turned to Daehyun. Daehyun looked at Doyoung, who shrugs. "Go for it," said Doyoung. "Alright, you can come with us," said Daehyun.

Daehyun, Hoseok and Minhyuk take Shownu's truck out and head to the nearest Mall. Minhyuk parked the truck and they got out, heading inside. Hoseok stayed back while Daehyun found a store to go into with Minhyuk, going clothes shopping. Hoseok stayed out of the store with every store they went in, just hanging out while the two brothers shopped.

They stopped by the food court to get lunch. Minhyuk went to get pizza while Daehyun and Hoseok got burgers. They went to sit down at a table and started eating.

"So what brought you to come shopping with us?" Daehyun asked Hoseok. Hoseok shrugs. "I just wanted to get some clothes," he said. "Yet you have no bags?" Asked Minhyuk. Hoseok chuckled some, before shaking his head. "I know it may have been sudden but I've noticed something with you and Yoongi," he said. "He's more calm around you, at least it seems that way," he said. "Yugyeom's wolf has never been this calm around anyone except Yugyeom himself," he said. Daehyun nodded. "I've noticed it too," he said. "It seems that my wolf has found his mate," he said. "Though it seems that it's just for Yugyeom's wolf, we have more of a friendly relationship going on with Yoongi himself," he said. "Mm," said Hoseok. "I don't know who you are, nor do I know about your upbringing, but I don't want you doing anything to hurt Yoongi," he said. "I won't," said Daehyun.

Minhyuk chuckled some. "Well, you found your mate, though he's in the wrong body," he said. Daehyun laughs. "Well, it won't matter, the mate thing pushes us together, but it's up to him if we stay together, I still have my pure blood mate to find," he said. "Until then, I'm with the team until they get tired of me," he said. Hoseok nodded. "Don't do anything stupid," he said. "I don't want to kill you personally because something happened to Yoongi," he said. "I won't," said Daehyun.

After finishing lunch Daehyun and Hoseok had a sort of brotherly bond forming, and Minhyuk had become closer to Daehyun the more time they spent together. "Will we see each other after this?" Asked Minhyuk as they walked back to the truck with their bags. "I don't know," said Daehyun as he tilted his head to the side. "I'll try to come over after this trial thing is over, if I pass then I get to stay with the team and have the option to leave my pack or stay with them but if I don't then I'll just come visit when I get a car," he said.

Minhyuk drove the truck back to the safe house, parking behind Jin's truck. They got out and headed inside, where everyone was watching a movie. "Hey, welcome back you three," said Doyoung as he nodded to them. Daehyun scratched the back of his head. "Well, I got some more clothes," he said. "Good," said Yoongi as he chuckled. "You're gonna need it if you are gonna stay hunting with us," he said. Daehyun blinked. "What? I passed?" He asked. Yoongi nodded. "Welcome to the team," he said, standing and walking over to Daehyun. "Our defining object is a pocket watch with a wolf howling at the moon," he said, handing Daehyun the pocket watch. "It shows that we belong to Chanyeol's faction in the vampire hunting world," he said. Daehyun took the pocket watch, nodding to Yoongi.

"I knew you'd pass hyung!" Said Minhyuk as he tackled Daehyun. Daehyun laughs. "Thanks for the confidence," he said. Hoseok smiled. "Congrats," he said. "We have our missions to do don't we?" He asked Doyoung. "Mm," said Doyoung as he stood, stretching. "Yeah, I already packed your things," he said. "Already moved them to the jeep, I'm ready to leave when you are," he said. Hoseok nodded and turned to Yoongi before hugging him. "You're in good hands hyung," he said before leaving the house with Doyoung.