Chapter 5

A Pure Blood's Dilemma

After refueling the truck Yoongi continued driving towards New York City, grumbling about how bad the traffic was as he entered the city. JR shook his head as traffic came to a standstill when they got to the busy parts of the city. "Is there a parking garage near the safe house?" He asked. "I think so, but I think we have to park on the street anyway, Dragon Enterprises is near the river, and they have their own parking garage," he said. "And that is Kris's company," he said. JR nodded.

They soon reached their destination, pulling up behind another truck that was parked in front of the building. "I guess we made it," said JR as he looked at the building. Yoongi nodded, getting out of the truck and heading into the building. JR followed behind him, as they headed up to the stairs and into the apartment.

Taeyong answered the door when Yoongi knocked, nodding and letting them in. Hongbin and N regarded them with glares, though Hyuk shook his head at them. "Don't mind them," said Hyuk. "Long time no see Hyuk," said Yoongi. "Mm," said Hyuk. "How's the hyungs?" He asked. "Great," said Yoongi. "Enjoying a small vacation before they get sent off to South Korea again," he said. "Man, they always get sent to the cool places," said Hyuk as he pouted. Taeyong laughs. "Well, we got most of Europe covered, they have most of Asia covered," he said.

"Oh, they're here," said a new voice as Daehyun came out of the kitchen. "This is Daehyun," said Taeyong. "Daehyun this is your new team, Yoongi and JR," he said. "Nice to meet you, I hope I can be of some use while on your team," said Daehyun. Yoongi nodded to him. "Just stick with us and don't do anything stupid and you'll fit right in," he said.

"Who's your pack alpha by the way?" Asked JR. "Kris owns this city doesn't he?" He asked. "My pack alpha is Yongguk," said Daehyun. "Oh, him?" Asked JR. "I know him," said Yoongi. "He led an entire battalion of vampire hunters against Boston," he said. "Jin and the rest of us were there when he did it," he said. "We helped out, since the entire battalion of troops were completely new recruits," he said. "The way he planned it, cost no lives at all," he said. "This was shortly after we got Taehyung," he said. "That battle he led inspired me to lead a group against the vampires ruling Italy," said Taeyong. "Had to get some help from Kris and his sources but we did take Italy back," he said. "Yongguk owns the building actually," he said. "It's a safe house as long as you affiliate yourself with Kris or you're a vampire hunter," he said. "There are human occupants in this building, but Yongguk always keeps a couple rooms free for people like us," he said.

Yoongi could feel Yugyeom's wolf stir in his mind, as he tilted his head to the side to study Daehyun. "I'll leave you three be, we need to head out," said Taeyong before he left with his team. "Are you a pure blood?" Asked Yoongi. "Mm," said Daehyun as he scratched the back of his head. "I am, but I don't tell anyone," he said. "Well," said Yoongi. "What do you know about us?" He asked.

"Not much," said Daehyun, as he tried to think of what he had been told. "Just that you two have been top tier vampire hunters since a wolf named Yugyeom gave his wolf up to become human," he said. "You three became the best team in the country," he said. "He gave his wolf up to someone who lost his due to an extraction," he said. "Who do you think that wolf is?" Asked JR. "Hm... You Yoongi," said Daehyun. "Am I right?" He asked. Yoongi cracked a rare smile. "Mm," he said. "We're looking for his wolf's pure blood mate," he said. "Ah," said Daehyun. "I hope you find him," he said. "Thanks," said Yoongi.

"Well, when are we due for your next mission?" Asked Daehyun. "We don't have a time frame, just a list of vampires to kill," said Yoongi. "It tells us what to look for on the vampire after we kill them and we collect the pay afterwards," he said. "The main headquarters is in Boston," he said. "Mm," said Daehyun. "We can rest here for a couple days, the first vampire is in this city anyway," said Yoongi. Daehyun nodded. "I was making dinner if you want it, I know it's a bit late," he said. "Sure," said Yoongi. Daehyun nodded and went back into the kitchen. "Well, let's bring our things in," said Yoongi. JR nodded and headed out of the apartment with Yoongi to grab their bags.

Dinner was quiet for the three of them, neither wanting to talk much. Yoongi felt a strange calmness with Daehyun, which was odd because Yugyeom's wolf was usually more wary around pure bloods. He didn't let it bother him, because this meant that Yugyeom's wolf was fine with this new person. JR could sense this new change, and nodded to Yoongi before he went off to the room he would be staying in for the night.

Daehyun got a visit from a couple members of his pack, Youngjae and Zelo, wanting to stop by and wish him luck. Yoongi was sitting on the couch, too wired up to sleep when they showed up. "Hyung," said Youngjae as Daehyun opened the door. "Hey you two, come on in," said Daehyun as he let them in. "Where's the others?" He asked. "Upstairs, Yongguk said to come wish you luck," said Zelo. "Oh, this is Yoongi, he's on the team I got assigned to," said Daehyun as he introduced Yoongi to his packmates. "Hi there," said Yoongi as he nodded to them. "JR's asleep," said Daehyun. "Mm," said Youngjae. "I'm Youngjae, this is Zelo, we're mates," he said. "I'm Zelo," said Zelo. "Nice to meet you," said Yoongi.

After the introductions were done Daehyun went into his room to get some sleep. Yoongi was left to his own devices as he watched tv in the living room. He didn't go to sleep until the early hours of the morning, falling asleep on the couch.