Chapter 6

A Pure Blood's Dilemma

Yoongi woke up to nightmares just before dawn, waking up to his own screams. JR woke with a groan and went to the livingroom, going to calm him down. "Why didn't you come to bed last night?' He asked Yoongi as he hugged him close. "I guess I passed out," mumbled Yoongi as he sighed. Daehyun came out of his room, looking in the direction of the couch.

"What happened?" He asked, shaking his head to wake up more. "Nothing, go back to bed Daehyun," said JR. Daehyun sighed. "I'm a member of the team," he said. "I should know what's wrong with my teammate," he said. "I'm fine Daehyun," said Yoongi. "I just had a nightmare" he said. "Oh," said Daehyun. "Sorry for waking you," said Yoongi. "No, it's fine," said Daehyun. "I thought we were being attacked or something," he said, scratching the back of his head. "Don't worry about it for now," said Yoongi as he moved out of JR's arms.

"What time is it?" He asked. "Just before 6," said Daehyun. "I'll make breakfast and we can get ready for the day," he said before going into the kitchen. JR gave Yoongi an exasperated look before getting up and going to get changed. Yoongi scratched the back of his head, looking at the floor before getting up and going into the bathroom to take a shower.

Daehyun was done making breakfast when Yoongi got out of the shower. Yoongi changed clothes before heading into the kitchen, wondering what was for breakfast. JR soon joined them, dressed in his hunter attire. "Breakfast is done," said Daehyun as he saw them. Yoongi nodded and went to grab a plate. JR went to get a plate of food and went back to the livingroom to sit down. Yoongi sat beside him while Daehyun went to sit on the other couch. They watched TV in silence, no one wanting to talk.

Yoongi headed out with JR and Daehyun after breakfast, heading to their first mission. "Where is the first mission?" Asked Daehyun. "In the subway station," said Yoongi. "We're going to a lesser known subway station, in the bad side of town," he said. "Keep close and don't do anything stupid," he said. "We're not taking the truck?" Asked Daehyun as they walked. "I'd rather not have the truck stolen thanks," Yoongi said, shaking his head. JR sighed. "Don't mind him," he said. "The truck is special to him and his pack," he said. "It belonged to the previous alpha, who was killed a few years back, they couldn't bring themselves to let go of the truck," he said. "Mm, sorry," said Daehyun. "It's alright," said Yoongi as he looked down at his phone. "Okay, we're looking for a necklace with a cross on it out of all things," he said, shaking his head. 

They reached a less populated side of town, and Daehyun stuck close, looking around. "Quit looking around like that," said Yoongi. "You'll draw unnecessary attention," he said. "Sorry," said Daehyun. "Rookie mistakes," said JR as he chuckled some. "We're almost there," he said.

They reached the subway station, Yoongi walking down the steps and into the station. JR looked around, nodding some before heading down. Daehyun walked behind them, wondering where their vampire was. "Buy us a ticket," said Yoongi as he nodded to Daehyun. Daehyun sighed and went to buy 3 tickets before they walked passed the gates and down to the platform. "Who are we looking for?" Asked Daehyun. "An old friend," said Yoongi. "I'm surprised he survived the transformation, with his wolf being the most dominant part of him," he said. "Jinyoung's going to either scream at us and try and kill us, or he's accepted it and is letting Mark die," said JR. "But really, a cross on a necklace?" He asked, shaking his head. "Never took him as the religious type," he said.

Mark met them on the platform, having smelled them enter the subway station. "Hey you three," he said, smiling slightly at Yoongi and JR while nodding at Daehyun. "I guess I should've expected it to be you two," he said. "And I see you got your third member," he said. "Is Jinyoung okay with this?" Asked Yoongi. "Yes," said Mark. "You can even call him afterwards and see," he said. "He expected it to be honest, Minhyun became the alpha because no one else would step up," he said. "Any last words you want to say to Jinyoung before we have the new recruit make his first kill?" Asked Yoongi. Mark shrugs. "Tell him I'm sorry, that he has to go through the insanity of losing his mate," he said. Yoongi nodded. "I'm sorry it came to this hyung," he said. Mark shook his head. "It's alright, I'm ready to die," he said. "I'll leave you to it Daehyun," said Yoongi. "Don't hesitate on your kills, they could kill you first," he said, before leaving the subway station with JR.

Daehyun turned to Mark. "I'm sorry it happened to you," he said. Mark snorts. "I've been alive since the 1800's, I've been expecting it," he said. "Jinyoung will find someone else, turned werewolves can choose their mates," he said. "My wolf isn't there anymore anyway, Jinyoung knows that," he said. "So your wolf died because of the transformation?" Asked Daehyun. Mark nodded. "I won't feel too bad about this then," said Daehyun. Mark shook his head. "Here," he said, throwing the necklace over at Daehyun, who caught it. Daehyun nodded, putting it down on the platform and changing. His pitch black wolf form growled before launching at Mark, tearing into him and watching as the body turned to ashes.

Yoongi came down with a bag of clothes, picking up the necklace. Daehyun turned to Yoongi as he threw the bag towards him. Daehyun went to change and put the clothes on, coming over to Yoongi. "You did a good job," said Yoongi. "Come on, I want to head home and let Jinyoung know of the news," he said. Daehyun nodded and left with Yoongi, heading up to meet with JR. They headed home, not wanting to waste time.

"Hello?" Asked Jinyoung after Yoongi called him. "Hey Jinyoung, it's Yoongi," said Yoongi. "I guess Mark got his wish huh?" Asked Jinyoung. "Mm," said Yoongi. "He said that he's sorry about having you go through the insanity of losing your mate," he said. "Thanks for that, you have his necklace right?" Asked Jinyoung. "Yeah, we're turning it in but I'm going to see if it can be shipped to you," said Yoongi. "Thanks, I'll see you soon," said Jinyoung before he hung up.

"Well, that went better than expected," said Daehyun. "Mm," said Yoongi. "Come on, we're packing up and getting ready to head out," he said. "Where's the next vampire?" Asked Daehyun. "We're heading to Boston first," said Yoongi. "Then we're heading to Philly," he said. "Mm," said Daehyun before he went to pack up. Yoongi and JR went to help pack, getting the lid for the truck out of the trunk and attaching it to the trunk of the truck.

"You just gonna leave without saying goodbye Daehyun?" Asked Yongguk as he came outside to see what was happening. "Oh, sorry hyung," said Daehyun as he stood straight, stretching and turning to Yongguk. "Yoongi, JR, this is my pack alpha Yongguk, Yongguk these are my teammates," he said, introducing them. "Long time no see Yongguk," said Yoongi. "Same to you," said Yongguk. "When you heading back to Boston?" Asked Yoongi. "Next couple days, I never get texts anymore for missions, I need to get them myself," said Yongguk. "Good luck to you," he said. "Be good to them Daehyun, their skills are top notch," he said. "I will," said Daehyun. He hopped down from the truck bed, closing the trunk as Yoongi came over and closed the lid, making sure the latch was secure. JR nodded some, patting the truck.

"We'll see you in Boston then?" Asked Yoongi as he turned to Yongguk. "Probably," said Yongguk. "Good luck on your next missions," he said. Yoongi nodded and got into the driver's side of the truck. JR got into the passenger seat, and they waited as Daehyun said his goodbyes. "I'll be around again soon," said Daehyun. "Make me proud kid," said Yongguk. Daehyun nodded and got into the backseat, waving to Yongguk as Yoongi drove off, heading towards Boston.