Chapter 4

A Pure Blood's Dilemma

The nightmares had gone away throughout the weekend, as Yoongi stayed in his old room. No one questioned why he was staying in a room that had been turned into a closet, as long as he was nightmare free Yoongi was free to do whatever he wished.

Monday had come around, and a light snow fell over the city. The building owner's family had returned the night before, taking up the third floor. Breakfast with them was short, Jackson and Aron packing a lunch for the trip to the docks. "We'll head out together," said Yugyeom before he went to get changed.

JR nodded and headed back to his shared room to wake Yoongi. "Yoongi, wake up," he said, gently shaking the younger alpha. "Mm," mumbled Yoongi as he buried himself deeper into the blanket. "It's Monday, we're going to the docks today Yoongi," said JR. Yoongi sat up quick, stretching. "I think they need to put a bed in here," he mumbled. "We'll see for the next time we stop by," said JR. JR left the room, going to get dressed. Yoongi went to take a shower, getting dressed in the bathroom.

"If this building wasn't already owned by someone and Kris would allow it, I would've asked Changkhyun to move here," said JR as he met Yoongi in the livingroom. Yoongi shrugs. "You don't need to, I know the nightmares keep you up sometimes, but I don't want to be here for much longer, it calms me down sure, but it also brings back other memories, ones that I don't want to remember," he said. JR nodded in understanding. "I know how that is," he said. "I don't want to return to Europe sometimes, but sometimes I have to," he said, shrugging. "I guess in that case it's different but," he said, sighing.

Yugyeom came downstairs dressed in the thickest coat he could find. Aron and Jackson were right behind him, dressed in casual clothes under hoodies. "I'm ready to go," they said. They went into the kitchen to grab the lunch they packed before heading out with Yugyeom following behind them. Yoongi and JR went to pack up before going to put their things in the truck. They waved to Yugyeom and the others as they drove passed them. "Which dock are we heading to?" Asked JR. "It's a private, just outside the city," said Yoongi. "Kris owns it," he said as they got in the truck. Yoongi started the truck and backed out, heading to the docks.

When they got there Yoongi parked beside Jackson's car, getting out and going to join the three on the docks. "So do people own this dock too?" Asked JR. "Mhm," said Yoongi. "Well, they rent it from Kris, but since it's winter there's no boats here," he said. "Mm," sad JR. They reached where Yugyeom and the others were, as they set up at the end of the docks. Yugyeom sat at the edge, letting his feet dangle off the edge as he leaned back on his hands. Aron and Jackson clear the part of the docks they were using, putting down a cooler with drinks. "Make yourself at home," said Aron as he spotted them. Yoongi nodded and went to sit beside Yugyeom, looking out over the lake. JR went to see if Aron and Jackson needed help setting up, bringing over drinks to Yoongi and Yugyeom.

They stayed on the docks until late afternoon, just enjoying the day. Even if it was cold, Yugyeom braved it and stayed out with them, laughing and having fun. All everyone wanted was to create new memories for Yugyeom, so he had something to look back on in his later years.

"I had fun today," said Yoongi as he helped pack up. "Same," said Yugyeom. JR and the others nodded in agreement. "Jungkook wants you to visit, so stop by when you have the chance," said Yoongi. "Sure," said Yugyeom. "Stay safe you two," said Aron. "Say hi to Taeyong and his team for us," he said as they finished packing up the car to drive back to the safe house. "I will," said Yoongi as he got into the truck with JR. They waited until Aron drove off with Jackson and Yugyeom in Jackson's car before Yoongi started the truck and backed out, driving off and continuing to head east.

JR slept most of the way to New York City, having nothing to do during the car ride. Yoongi got a call, so he picked up, putting it on speaker as he put it on the dock. "What's up Taeyong?" He asked. "Where are you? I know you stopped by Chicago," said Taeyong. "We just reached New York state, won't be too much longer til we reach New York City," said Yoongi. "Alright, we're at the safe house on 5th Avenue," said Taeyong. "Who is with you?" Asked Yoongi. "My team, and a new recruit, his name is Daehyun," said Taeyong. "A local pack alpha recommended me to him," he said.

"Is he aware of... You know," said Yoongi. "He knows he's being put on your team, and I was gonna have you explain things to him when you get here," said Taeyong. Yoongi sighed. "Okay, I'll see you in a couple hours," he said before hanging up. JR was awake now, looking out the window. "So we're getting assigned a third member, we haven't been assigned a third since Yugyeom," he said. "Mm," said Yoongi. "I wonder if this Daehyun is a pure blood," he mumbled. "He might be, depends on how Yugyeom's wolf reacts," said JR. Yoongi nodded.

"I know you are anxious to see who Yugyeom's wolf's pure blood mate is," said JR. "Is it that obvious?" Asked Yoongi as he changed lanes. "We're mates, or were mates," said JR. "I've learned to read you through out the years," he said. "Mm," said Yoongi. "Well, we're almost there, I need to stop for gas, want anything?" He asked as he pulled into an exit, going to the nearest gas station. "Nah, just get some gas," said JR. Yoongi nodded and pulled into the gas station, parking the truck and getting out. He went to pay for the gas before refueling the truck.