Chapter 1

A Pure Blood's Dilemma

Yoongi sat on the roof of Jin's truck, looking up at the sky. Things were different now, he knew. With a new wolf, things would be very different. He wasn't paying much attention, being in his own thoughts as he leaned back on his hands.

"Yoongi," came JR's voice as he approached the truck. "Mm?" Asked Yoongi as he turned his head to look at JR. "What's up?" He asked. "We have a mission on the east coast, I got a text message from Taeyong with the details," said JR. "Our next list of vampires to kill are all on the east coast, we better let Jungkook know we're leaving," he said. Yoongi nodded and hopped down. "Did you enjoy the run?" He asked. JR smiled slightly. "Of course," he said, getting in the truck. Yoongi chuckled and got into the driver's seat, starting the truck and driving off, heading back to the pack house.

"What's up with you? You used to go running all the time," said JR as Yoongi drove. "Mm," said Yoongi. "I don't know," he said. "I guess it's because it's not me? I mean I know it is but it's not my wolf doing the running," he said. "I'll go running next time, I promise," he said. "Last time I changed was a couple days ago anyway, to give Yugyeom's wolf time to stretch his legs," he said. "He was gone for hours wasn't he?" He asked, chuckling some. "Mm," said JR. "It took Changkhyun going to hunt you down before you finally came back," he said.

Yoongi pulled up to the pack house, turning off the ignition and hopping out of the truck. JR followed after him, going into the house. "Yoongi-hyung!" Yelled Jimin as he tackled Yoongi. "Hey there," Yoongi said with a chuckle. "Where's Kihyun?" He asked. "Out back, they're about to make a barbecue, next week we gotta head to the lake, it's Jin's birthday," said Jimin. "We won't be here," said Yoongi. "Another mission?" Asked Jimin. "Mm," said Yoongi. "Okay," said Jimin. "You'll stop by a beach right?" He asked. "We'll head towards New York, since it's just straight east from here," said JR. "We'll head to Chicago," said Yoongi. "Oh right, the Great Lakes," said JR. "Isn't that your home town hyung?" Asked Jimin. "It is, it's been years since I was last home though, I wonder what pack moved in," said Yoongi. "I guess we'll see when we head through there," he said.

"Changkhyun's working the grill, Shownu and them show up yet?" Asked Kihyun as he entered the house from the backdoor. "No, but they're on their way, they stopped by Chanyeol's territory to say hello," said Jimin. "Oh, hey Yoongi, JR," said Kihyun as he spotted them. "How was the run?" He asked. "Good," said JR. "I would've come back later, but I got a mission to do on the east coast, well all our missions are on the east coast," he said. "Mm," said Kihyun. "Get some food before you head out," he said. "Sure," said Yoongi.

"Who's team are you meeting on the east coast?" Asked Changkhyun when Yoongi went to the backyard. "I don't know, probably Taeyong's team," said Yoongi. "Doyoung's team does the west coast mostly, going out of the country when they really need them," he said. Jungkook went over and hugged Yoongi. "If you run into Yugyeom tell him to stop by sometime," he said. "Sure," said Yoongi. Jungkook and Yugyeom had become close since Yugyeom lost his memories, though it was more of a friendship thing since Yugyeom only knew him from a vague memory of Jin telling him Jungkook's name. Yoongi moved away, nodding to Changkhyun who closed the lid to the grill. "It's been a while since I cooked a barbecue, it's gonna take a bit," said Changkhyun.

"I heard you two got your next list, when you two heading out?" He asked as he turned to Yoongi. "After dinner, we're stopping by Chicago for Jin's birthday to go to the Great Lakes," he said. "How's Namjoon doing?" He asked. "Mm," said Changkhyun. "Okay, he was called out to a mission by Kris a little earlier before you got back," he said. Yoongi nodded. "I'm a little worried for him," he said. "Same with Hobi," he said. "Doyoung's keeping an eye on him, I know how you feel," said Jungkook. "He didn't want to be the one to kill your wolf, even though you both made that promise that if something was to happen to either of you, you'd end their suffering out of mercy," he said. Yoongi nodded. "Yeah," he mumbled, sighing.

The barbecue was done when Shownu, Hyungwon, and Minhyuk showed up, bringing over chips and drinks for everyone. Doyoung and Hoseok were with them, having just finished their missions and needed a ride home. "Hey Hobi," said Yoongi as he patted his brother on the shoulder. "Hey hyung," mumbled Hoseok. "Don't look down now, it's supposed to be a happy occasion," said Yoongi. "Don't fake it either, try okay?" He asked. Hoseok looked at Yoongi, before nodding. Yoongi smiled softly, tousling Hoseok's hair before heading into the backyard. Hoseok blinked. "Did I just see a smile on my brother's face?" He asked, turning to Doyoung. Doyoung smiled. "Hey, he's the older brother here, he wants to be the example in this situation," he said. "You look up to him more than anyone, and he wants to be the brother that you continue to look up to," he said before going into the backyard to grab some food. Hoseok followed after him, putting up his happy front, though this time it felt more natural.

Jungkook sensed the change in his ex beta, smiling when Hoseok joined them. "Come get a plate before the others take all the food!" He said. Hoseok chuckled and went to grab some food, piling his plate with food and going to sit beside his brother, who was sitting with JR. Doyoung was hesitant, silently asking if he could join them. JR motioned for him to come over and Hoseok smiled when Doyoung went to sit with them.

Shownu and Minhyuk were bickering like usual, something that everyone got used to after a bit, knowing it was a normal thing between the two of them. Hyungwon slapped them both in the back of their heads. "Stop the bickering damn," he said. "Sorry," mumbled Shownu and Minhyuk. Dinner went on as normal, no one mentioning that Yoongi and JR were heading out on a mission after dinner. No one wanted to ruin the good mood that Hoseok was in.

After dinner Yoongi and JR went to pack up for a month's trip, packing up the truck. Hoseok went to help, suspecting that they were heading out. "I figured you'd be heading out hyung, we just got done with our missions," he said. Yoongi chuckled some. "Well, we didn't want to ruin the mood, plus we're heading east, all our missions are on the east coast," he said. "Mm," said Hoseok. "That's where Taeyong and his team are right? They keep an eye on the east coast," he said. Yoongi nodded. "Tell them we said hello, we'll come for a visit soon," said Doyoung as he went over to them. "I miss my hunting partner," he said with a chuckle. Yoongi chuckled, getting into the driver's side of the truck and waited on JR. JR headed over with the last of the things they needed, putting them in the backseat before getting in the passenger side. "We'll see you around, good luck and stay safe," said Yoongi as he started the truck and backed out of the driveway. Hoseok and Doyoung waved to them as Yoongi drove off.