Chapter 2

A Pure Blood's Dilemma

The drive east was silent, Yoongi not wanting to talk much. JR was wanting to talk to Yoongi, but he didn't know how to start the conversation. He finally had enough of the silence and broke it with a question.

"What was life like growing up for you two?" He asked. Yoongi tilted his head to the side, switching which hand he had on the steering wheel, putting the other on the arm rest. "Well," he said, shrugging. "It was a bad time for us, we had to steal a lot of our food," he said. "Hobi doesn't remember what happened to our parents, I was 7 and he was 6," he said. "Hunters were keeping en eye on Chicago, because a big pack was actually running the entire city," he said. "My parents weren't a part of the pack, we stayed out of their territory," he said.

 

~



"Yoongi!" Yelled a voice from the livingroom. Yoongi was playing with Hoseok when his name was called. "Coming!" Yelled Yoongi. He turned to his brother. "Stay here okay?" He asked. Hoseok nodded, and went back to playing with his toys while Yoongi went to see what his father wanted. "Yes father?" He asked. "I'm going to need you to take Hobi and run okay?" Asked his father. "If you hear yelling escape through the fire escape," he said. Yoongi blinked, his eyes going wide. "B-But father!" He said. "Don't, I need you to be strong for your brother okay? Stay strong, stay out of the hunter's way," he said. "You two aren't changing yet, but you know what to look for when it comes to hunters right?" He asked. Yoongi nodded. "Good kid, now go back to play with your brother, do not do anything until you hear shouting okay?" Asked his father. Yoongi nodded and went back to his room and continued to play with his brother.

After a couple hours Yoongi heard yelling. "Hobi," whispered Yoongi. "I need you to open the window quietly okay? I'll grab our bags," he said. Hoseok nodded, going to open the window, pushing it up as quietly as he could. Yoongi grabbed the bags and climbed out, helping his brother through the window as quickly and as quietly as possible. There was gunshots and Hoseok clung to Yoongi's side. "It's okay Hobi, we need to get down the stairs, we'll be okay I promise," said Yoongi as he helped his brother down the stairs quickly. There was more shouting as they were spotted. "Come on, I need you to hold onto my hand we need to run!" Said Yoongi as he grabbed Hoseok's hand and started running.

 

~



"I did my best to provide for the both of us, we weren't found by Jin until we were 13 and 14 respectively, well, Jungkook found us," he said. "He caught us stealing from a grocery store and instead of turning us in he took us to Jin, who fed us, and offered us the couch," he said. "Hobi and Jungkook became friends and after a bit Jin offered to let us join their pack, for they were heading to New York City to live for a few years," he said. "This was before we met Taehyung, I was 17, and Hoseok was 16 when we met him," he said. "And Hobi was a nickname that my parents gave him, I realize that now," he said. "I don't know where Kihyun picked up the name from but, I guess Hobi was too young to remember it," he said. JR nodded.

"How much longer until we reach Chicago?" He asked. "A few more hours," said Yoongi. "I think Kris has a safe house there, we can stop and stretch our legs for a couple days, they aren't expecting us to be in New York until next week anyway, after Jin's birthday," he said. "Get some sleep, I'll let you know when we get there," he said. JR nodded and fell asleep, as Yoongi started humming a song.

Yoongi was in his thoughts as he got a text message. He glanced at the phone on the dock, swiping the screen to read it. I heard you were heading to Chicago, we're already there in Kris's safe house. You can crash here, it read. He looked up at the road for a minute to make sure he wasn't making any turns or anything before checking to see who the sender was. He chuckled. "Hey Yugyeom," he mumbled to himself as he replied back with a "k." He checked his mirrors before changing lanes, taking the exit to take him towards Chicago.