Chapter 3

A Pure Blood's Dilemma

They soon made it to Chicago, Yoongi waking up JR as they pulled up in front of the safe house. "We made it," he said. JR nodded, getting out of the truck and stretching. He looked around, looking towards the door when it opened. "Hey, Yoongi-hyung, JR-hyung," said Yugyeom as he walked over. "Yugyeom, how many times do we have to tell you, you are the hyung here," said Yoongi as he got out of the truck. Yugyeom chuckled. "I don't have memories of before, and from what you told you told me, I know I'm older than you both but I lost those memories, you are older than I am," he said. "I'm going by the year I became human again," he said. "Mm," said Yoongi. "Come on in, it's cold outside," said Yugyeom before he headed inside. "Only for you Yugyeom," JR said with a chuckle before he headed inside. Yoongi chuckled and headed inside.

Aron and Jackson greeted them when JR and Yoongi walked into the safe house. "It's not much, but it's a place to stay for a bit," said Aron. Yoongi looked around the room, his head tilting to the side. "Huh, this looks like my old living room," he mumbled to himself. He blinked. "This was an apartment building wasn't it?" He asked, turning to Aron, who shrugs. "It was I think, but Kris turned it into a safe house," he said. "All the apartments got changed into bedrooms, and the central room got turned into a living room," he said. "Mind if I look around?" Asked Yoongi. "Go ahead," said Jackson. Yoongi nodded and went to look around the building, looking in on different rooms.

All the apartments had been turned into big rooms, even though they weren't all big. He found the apartment that had been his old home, hesitant on opening the door. He knocked on the door to make sure no one was in the apartment before opening the door. He walked in, looking around the room that used to be the front room. It had been turned into a giant bedroom, with a big bed in the corner. He smiled slightly at the scenery and went to look for his and his brother's old room.

He went to open the door when he found it. "Just a closet," he mumbled, shaking his head. He laughed slightly, walking into the room. "Old memories," he said, looking around the room and picturing the two beds in both corners, a desk in the middle. He pictured Hoseok playing with a toy truck while Yoongi sat at the desk working on school work. He shook his head, turning and leaving the room, only to bump into JR. "You were taking a while," said JR as he tilted his head to the side. "Was this your apartment building?" He asked. Yoongi nodded. "This was my room, it's just a closet now," he said. "The memories, they were great when we were able to stay here," he said.

"Do you miss it sometimes?" Asked JR as he studied Yoongi with a tilt of his head. "When we were growing up yes," said Yoongi. "Hobi doesn't remember much, but I did miss home for a while," he said. "Especially when we had no place to stay," he said. "I don't know how we managed to survive all those years, but I'm glad we were found by Jungkook and Jin," he said. "Let's head back to the livingroom," said JR. "I think they're waiting on us," he said. Yoongi nodded and went back to the front room, where Yugyeom was watching tv with Aron. Jackson was in the kitchen working on preparing dinner.

"Come sit down," said Yugyeom as he pointed to another couch. Yoongi and JR went to sit down, relaxing a little. "When do you want to go out to the docks?" Asked Yoongi. "It's next Monday right? What day is it today?" Asked Yugyeom. "It's Friday," said JR. "We can head out on Monday then you can head out to New York City," said Yugyeom. "No missions?" Asked Yoongi. "We just finished ours, we were heading back home when I remembered that it was close to Jin's birthday," said Yugyeom. "Why did he have to be born in December? Especially when we're stuck up north," he said, sighing. Yoongi chuckled. "Hopefully it stays clear Monday, I like the snow and everything but it ruins the vibe," he said. "Next time we're stuck doing missions on the east coast I want to go to Florida," said Yugyeom as he pouts. Aron chuckled. "Sure," he said. "Jungkook and them were planning on heading out to the lake, if it doesn't snow," said Yoongi. "Well, even if it did snow they'd head out anyway, they'd just have a giant snow ball fight in Jin's honor," he said with a chuckle.

"Ew, snow," mumbled Yugyeom. "It's too damn cold," he said, sighing. "You used to love the snow," said Aron. "At least, that's what Jackson said," he said. "That's when my body could handle it," said Yugyeom. "I don't have my wolf anymore from what you told me, so," he said shrugging. Yoongi couldn't help but cringe slightly at Yugyeom's words, his body tensing on instinct. JR rubbed his arm soothingly, glancing at him with a concerned look. "I'm fine," mumbled Yoongi. They forgot that they never told Yugyeom what had actually happened to his wolf. The only thing that they told him was that he had given up his wolf to someone who had his wolf extracted. Yugyeom just never put two and two together and figured out that it was Yoongi that he had given his wolf to.

"Dinner!" Jackson called from the kitchen, and Yoongi took this distraction to get up and go and get dinner. JR and Aron followed him into the kitchen. "Sorry for the uncomfortable topic," said Aron. "Sometimes he says things without thinking," he said. "It's okay," said Yoongi. "I know he didn't mean it," he said. "It doesn't mean it hurts any less, but I don't like being reminded of it sometimes," he said, sighing. "I'll bring Yugyeom his dinner," said Aron as he grabbed Yugyeom's plate and his own before heading back into the livingroom. Jackson glanced at Yoongi and JR before moving passed them with his own plate and going into the livingroom.

Yoongi sighed, before going to get his plate. "Are you really okay?" Asked JR. "Yeah," said Yoongi. "I should be fine," he said, grabbing his plate and walking into the livingroom. JR shook his head and went to get his plate before walking into the livingroom to sit beside Yoongi. Everyone ate in silence, a movie playing in the background.

Yoongi decided to call it a night after dinner. "I'll be in my room," he said. "Which room is that?" Asked Jackson. "The first one on the left on the second floor," said Yoongi. "Sure," said Jackson. "We're on the same floor too, I think we're right across the hall," he said. 'I don't know if the other occupants will be back tonight, the owner of this building has family over this month so we may run into them while we're here," he said. "They took the 3rd floor, and we have the second floor," he said. Yoongi nodded and went to unpack the truck, getting a bag of clothes before heading to his designated room. JR decided to not join him yet, deciding to stay in the livingroom with the others.

"Hyung," said Yugyeom as he looked at JR. "Hm?" Asked JR. "Does he still have nightmares?" Asked Yugyeom. JR kept his expression blank, but the look in his eyes said it all. "This is gonna be a fun weekend," mumbled Yugyeom. Aron slapped him on the back of the head. "Be nice," he said. "Ow," whined Yugyeom. "I didn't mean that in a mean way," he said, rubbing the back of his head. "He really didn't," said JR as he scratched the back of his head. "We woke up to his constant nightmares when Yugyeom was hunting with us, it takes a while for him to calm down, and if the building owner's family is staying over for a while, this may get weird," he said. "Do they know about us?" He asked. Aron shook his head. "As far as I know, they know nothing about our world, they know about Kris and everything, but as far as they're concerned he's just a rich person who owns a lot of houses and things, this one being one of them," he said.

"Anyway, I'm heading to bed," said JR. "Goodnight you three," he said. "Goodnight," said Yugyeom, Aron, and Jackson. JR went up to the room he was sharing with Yoongi and opened the door. He expected Yoongi to be in bed, but when he didn't see him, he went looking for him. He found Yoongi in the room that was supposed to be a closet, curled up on the floor in a blanket. "Yoongi," he whispered with a chuckle. JR went to grab a pillow and put it under Yoongi's head, smiling some when Yoongi buried his head into the pillow. JR moved away, closing the door behind him and going to bed.