Chapter 17

A Pure Blood's Dilemma

Yoongi and JR were adjusting pretty well to having a third member added to their team, as they decided to take a few more days of vacation before heading home. "You have the option of staying with us or going home," said Yoongi as he packed up their things in Jin's truck. "I think I'll go with ya'll," said Daehyun. "If you don't mind anyway," he said. "Nah," said Yoongi. "Alright, cool," said Daehyun.

They packed up the truck as Shownu and the others came outside. "Ya'll heading home?" Asked Shownu. "Mm," said Yoongi. "Daehyun's decided to stay with us so he's coming home with us," he said. "I'm sure Jungkook and Changkhyun would love to meet him," he said. Daehyun scratched the back of his head. "I guess," he said. "I'll see you guys over there then," said Shownu. "We'll stay for a few more hours before leaving," he said. "Can I go with them?" Asked Minhyuk as he turned to Shownu. Shownu shrugs. "As long as they're fine with it," he said. "Sure," said Yoongi. Daehyun nodded. "Spending more time with family is always nice," he said.

Yoongi and JR got into the front seats of the truck, with Daehyun and Minhyuk getting into the back seat. "I'll see you there," said Yoongi as he started the truck. "Yeah," said Shownu as he patted the truck. "Have a safe trip," he said. Yoongi nodded and backed out of the parking spot before driving off, heading home.

The drive home was quiet, JR and Yoongi switching seats halfway there. Daehyun and Minhyuk just enjoyed each other's company, wanting to spend as much time together as possible before Daehyun's first official mission as a vampire hunter. Everyone sat in comfortable silence as JR drove.

Yoongi's phone rang and he picked up, putting the phone on speaker. "Hello?" He asked. "Hey Yoongi, you guys heading home?" Asked Jungkook. "Yeah," said Yoongi. "Our third team member passed so we're taking him to meet you," he said. "Awesome, who else is with you?" Asked Jungkook. "Minhyuk, Shownu and Hyungwon are headed there too but we left before they did," he said. "Ah," said Jungkook. "Hi hyung," said Minhyuk. "Hey there," said Jungkook. "Daehyun sleeping?" He asked. "Yeah," said Minhyuk. "I'll keep the conversation short, I'll see you guys in a few hours," said Jungkook before he hung up.

They spent the rest of the drive in silence, no one wanting to talk. When they got home Daehyun just looked around after being shaken awake by Yoongi. "Welcome to our pack house," said Yoongi as he turned off the ignition. "Nice little spot," said Daehyun. "It's probably better in the day time though," he said with a chuckle. Yoongi shook his head, chuckling some. "Yeah," he said before getting out of the truck. JR followed after him and Daehyun woke Minhyuk before half carrying half leading him to the door.

Jungkook answered the door, nodding to Daehyun while smiling at Yoongi, JR, and Minhyuk. "Come on in," he said, opening the door wider to let them in. "You can put Minhyuk on the couch," he said. Daehyun nodded and led Minhyuk to the couch before letting him slump onto the couch. "Where's everyone else?" Asked JR. "Sleeping, Jinyoung left a few hours ago, he said he was heading home," said Jungkook. "You two can have your room back," he said. "Cool," said Yoongi. He went into his room with JR. Jungkook grabbed some blankets and pillows for Daehyun and Minhyuk before handing it to Daehyun. "Have a good sleep you two," he said before he went into his and Changkhyun's room.

Daehyun got Minhyuk to sit up long enough to put a pillow where he had his head. Minhyuk mumbled a thanks before he fell asleep again. Daehyun covered him with a blanket before setting up on the floor and falling asleep.

Daehyun woke to voices the next morning and sat up, grumbling about how loud people were being. He looked to the couch beside him and saw that the blanket was folded and figured Minhyuk had gone for a run or something. Daehyun got up and folded the blanket before going into the bathroom to freshen up.

When Daehyun came out of the bathroom he ran into Jimin. "Oof," he said, falling against the wall. "Oh! Sorry," said Jimin before he ran into the bathroom. Daehyun scratched the back of his head before he walked into the living room where Minhyuk had entered, returning from a run. "Morning hyung, Kihyun's making breakfast," said Minhyuk. "Mm," said Daehyun as he walked into the kitchen to see what he could do about coffee. "Morning sleepy head, coffee maker's over there," said Kihyun as he pointed. "Thanks," said Daehyun as he went to get coffee.

"Shownu and Hyungwon hadn't come in yet?" Asked Changkhyun as he came into the kitchen to get himself a cup of coffee. "I think Yoongi mentioned that they stopped in Chicago to get some sleep," said Kihyun. "Where is Yoongi?" Asked Changkhyun as Daehyun moved over to let Changkhyun get some coffee. "Erm, I think he went running with JR," said Kihyun. "Jungkook is with him so he should be coming back," he said. "Hopefully," he said.

Yoongi came back before Kihyun was done with breakfast. He went to take a shower as JR and Jungkook came back. "Enjoying the coffee?" Jungkook asked Daehyun. "Mm," said Daehyun as he drank some coffee. "I could do better but I'm not complaining," he said. "Really? I'd like to see your coffee," said Kihyun. "I'll do it tomorrow," said Daehyun. "No use on restarting the coffee maker," he said. "Yeah, you have a point," said Kihyun.

Yoongi came out of the bathroom dressed in new clothes, going into the kitchen and getting a cup of coffee. "Morning Yoongi," said Changkhyun. "Mm," said Yoongi as he took a sip of coffee. He almost spit out his coffee, before going to pour it in the sink. "Ugh, I'm too used to Daehyun's coffee," he said. Kihyun pouts. "Aw come on, it's not that bad," he said. "I do prefer my own coffee brew," said Daehyun as he drank the rest of his coffee. "But I'm not complaining," he said.

The others came into the kitchen to get their plates of breakfast when Kihyun called them into the kitchen before going into the living room to watch morning TV.

They heard a car pull into the driveway and Changkhyun went to check out who it was. "Erm, who pissed off iKon this time?" He asked, causing Yoongi, JR, and Daehyun to look over in surprise. "What?" Asked Daehyun as he stood. He headed outside with JR and Yoongi following after him. "What brings you guys over here?" Asked Daehyun as he saw Jinhwan and Yunhyeong leaning against the hood of their car. "We have a mission to kill one of your pack mates," said Jinhwan. "Who?" Asked Changkhyun as he stepped outside with Jungkook. "Shownu," said Jinhwan.

________________

A/N: So I decided to pull this kind of surprise on ya'll! All will be explained in the next chapter. See ya'll then!