Chapter 10

A Pure Blood's Dilemma

The drive to Philly was silent, everyone occupied with their own things. Daehyun had switched seats with JR since JR wanted to stretch his legs. Yoongi just focused on driving as he got stuck in traffic on the interstate. Traffic came to a standstill as he stretched in his seat some. "Well then," said Daehyun as he looked around. JR looked out the window, seeing the traffic. "Well, at least we're pretty close to Pennsylvania now," he said. "Mm," said Yoongi as he checked his phone for any new text messages.

"Anything new?" Asked Daehyun. "Not really," said Yoongi. "I've been keeping an eye on things going on back home, to make sure Namjoon is okay," he said. "Who's that?" Asked Daehyun. "An old friend of mine," he said. "We used to be in another pack who's alpha owned this truck," he said. "Jin really loved having trucks," he said, scratching the back of his head. "I think it had to do with how we got Namjoon, we just kept having trucks throughout the years, this is the newest truck," he said. "Namjoon was really close to his fellow beta to the previous alpha Taehyung," he said. "You wouldn't think that when you saw them but they were pretty close," he said. "Then our previous alpha died and then Taehyung found his mate but they rejected him, nothing's been the same for him since then," he said.

"I'm also keeping an eye on my brother, since everything happened anyway," he said. "Mm," said Daehyun. "At least you can keep an eye on him," he said. Yoongi tilted his head to the side. "Don't worry about it," said Daehyun. "I'll talk to you about it later on," he said. "Are you sure? We have all the time in the world here," said Yoongi as he slowly drove forward with the other cars. Daehyun shook his head. "I don't think now would be a good time to talk about something like this," he said. Yoongi nodded. "When you're ready to talk, we'll be here to listen," he said. "Thanks," said Daehyun as he looked out the passenger side window.

Yoongi soon got a call, and he put the phone on the dock before picking up, putting the phone on speaker. "What's up?" He asked. "Heard you were headed to Philly, there's a wolf pack there," said Jungkook. "I guess Jinyoung stopped by?" Asked Yoongi. "Yeah, He's staying for a couple days, we gave him you two's room," said Jungkook. "Oh right, because there isn't any other rooms open," Yoongi said with a little sarcasm. "I mean, Jimin and Kihyun took Changkhyun's old room, and we took Shownu's old room," Jungkook said with a chuckle. "We couldn't just let him have the couch when there was a room available," he said. "I guess," said Yoongi. "Did you wash the sheets at least?" He asked. "We had a huge laundry day after you left," said Jungkook. "At least you had the decency to do that," said Yoongi.

"How was New York and Boston?" Asked Jungkook. "Mm," said Yoongi. "We picked up our third member, he had his first kill, and then we went to Boston to give Jinyoung some closure about the whole thing," he said. "Nothing much else happened after that, we're stuck in traffic here," he said. "Oh, Daehyun, this is my pack alpha's mate Jungkook, Jungkook this is Daehyun, our third member," he said. "Hi," said Daehyun as he glanced at the phone. "Wait, did you say Daehyun?" Asked Jungkook. "Mhm," said Daehyun. "Well I'll be damned, how's Yongguk doing?" Asked Jungkook. "Great, he said he was heading to Boston after we left New York," said Daehyun. "Taeyong was talking about you," said Jungkook. "Good things I promise, but he stopped by with his team to pick up Doyoung and Hobi to head south to their next mission, apparently Jongdae is having huge problems with vampires in the south so they called on Taeyong and Doyoung's teams," he said. "Mm," said Yoongi. "Anyway, I need to go, good luck on finding Yugyeom's pure blood mate and stay safe on your missions," said Jungkook before he hung up. Yoongi couldn't help but cringe at that, but he sighed, shaking his head.

"Well," said JR as he moved to where he was sitting up. "That was an awkward conversation," he said. "Mm," said Yoongi as he sighed. "Well, at least he kept it short," he said. "I hope that we can get done with these missions really quick, I want to head home," he said. "You miss home already?" Asked Daehyun. "Well, that and I need to keep an eye on my brother," said Yoongi. "My brother is important to me," he said. "He's changed a lot since I lost my wolf and he needs all the support he can get from everyone," he said.

"When family and pack is all you have left, you need to make sure everyone is okay," said Daehyun. "At least, that's what my father said before he died," he said. "Mm," said Yoongi as he continued to slowly drive the truck forward. "How much longer?" Asked Daheyun. "I don't know," said Yoongi as he sighed. "We'll get there when we get there," he said. "Mind turning on the heat? I'm a little cold back here," said JR. Yoongi nodded and the heating system, keeping it at low for now. "Is it snowing?" Asked Daehyun as he looked out the window. "It might be what caused the traffic," said Yoongi.

"Well, we'll be there in a couple hours," said Yoongi as he yawned. "Hopefully we get there before midnight, I want to get some sleep," he said, looking ahead to see how traffic was holding up. "It looks like it's clearing up up ahead," he said. "Good," said Daehyun. "I need to go to the bathroom," he said. Yoongi looked at the gas meter. "I think we'll need to stop for gas too before we continue to Philly," he said as he looked to change lanes. He the signal, waiting for the chance to change lanes before doing so.

After a bit they were able to stop at a gas station and Yoongi got out to stretch his legs and refuel the truck. JR and Daehyun went to use the restroom and get some snacks and drinks before heading back to the truck. "Watch the truck I need to get to the bathroom," said Yoongi when JR got back. JR nodded and Yoongi went to use the bathroom and get some coffee. He came back, sipping on the coffee as he went to stand by JR.

"It's almost full," said JR. "Mm," said Yoongi as he nodded. "I got it from here," he said. JR nodded and got in the passenger seat of the truck, waiting patiently. Daehyun came over, leaning against the truck a little. "We're almost there huh? Who's making the next kill?" He asked. Yoongi shrugs. "Depends on how much trouble we run into while there," he said. "I texted Jinhwan asking where they were currently, I'm waiting on a reply," he said. "Who's that?" Asked Daehyun. "iKon," said Yoongi. "Oh," said Daehyun. "Out of everyone in that pack I prefer to get in contact with Jinwhan, he's the oldest," said Yoongi. "Hanbin and Bobby are a bit... Violent," he said. "They are friendly when they aren't hunting you, but piss them off, well you're lucky to be even standing if Jinwhan and Yunhyeong haven't stopped them from killing you yet with their alpha auras," he said.

He finished fueling the truck and got in the driver's seat with Daehyun getting in the back seat. After a bit Yoongi started the truck and drove off, putting his coffee in the cup holder and heading back onto the interstate. He continued to drive towards Philly, looking relieved to see that traffic had lightened up a bit while they had stopped at the gas station.

Yoongi got a text, and JR went to check it. "Who is it?" Asked Yoongi. "It's Jinhwan, they're in Philly, him and Yunhyeong," said JR. "The pack that is in Philly got into some trouble with hunters, so they were sent to hunt them down," he said. "Good, less trouble for us," said Yoongi. "Where's the rest of them?" He asked. "Europe, Hanbin got called to Germany to take down a large pack so he went with Bobby and Junhoe," said JR. "Donghyuk is in Thailand enjoying a vacation before heading off to South Korea to meet up with his home pack," he said. "Jinhwan offered to let us stay in their pack house, what do I say?" He asked. "Sure," said Yoongi. "Tell him to text us the address and we'll head to it after we reach Philly," he said. JR texted back what they wanted and Jinhwan texted back the address. JR put it into the built in GPS on the phone and put it on the dock. Yoongi started to drive towards the destination, seeing that it was in Philly.