Chapter 7

A Pure Blood's Dilemma

The drive north was silent, Daehyun laying down in the back seat while JR was asleep in the passenger seat. Yoongi hung Mark's necklace on the rear view mirror out of respect. He hummed to himself as he pulled into an exit to fill up on gas.

JR and Daehyun hopped out of the truck once Yoongi parked, going to stretch their legs and get some snacks. "Was he a good alpha?" Asked Daehyun as he lay down in the back seat, leaning against the window. "Mm," said JR. "From what I know from the others yes," he said. "We weren't home much when Mark became an alpha, and by then Yoongi moved back in with Jungkook and his pack," he said. "When we were there Yugyeom was still the alpha," he said. "I remember staying with them a few times before Jimin joined us," said Yoongi as he finished refueling the truck. He hopped into the driver's seat and started the truck before continuing. "He was a quiet person, but he listened to other people's opinions," he said. "He wasn't afraid to assert his role as alpha, he had been Jackson's right hand man when Jackson wasn't around," he said as he pulled out of the gas station. He headed towards the highway, continuing towards Boston.

"Yugyeom grew up with him, they went through so much together, and now Yugyeom has no memories of him and Mark died alone," said Daehyun as he sighed. "That isn't true," said Yoongi. "He died knowing that Jinyoung was okay with this, and that Yugyeom was happy with Aron and Jackson," he said. "He died happy, because his mate was okay and his childhood best friend was okay even though Yugyeom doesn't have any memories," he said. JR nodded. "Yoongi has a point," he said. "Mm," said Daehyun.

Yoongi looked at the necklace on the rear view mirror, shaking his head some. "I never expected him to be the religious type," said JR. "I think it's a relic from his time when he was growing up with Yugyeom," He said. "At least, the cross is, the necklace itself looks newer," he said. "When I asked him about it he said he got it in Europe when they went through during the first world war," said Yoongi. "It belonged to Jinyoung's father, and he gave it to Mark before their house was stormed," he said. "At least, that's what Mark had told me," he said. "But to keep it after all these years... It must be special to him," he said. "Like Jin and his trucks?" Asked JR. "Mm," said Yoongi.

"How much longer until we reach Boston?" Asked Daehyun as he sat up, looking out the window. "A few more hours depending on how traffic gets," said Yoongi. JR sighed. "Well, that's still a few hours away," he said. "What's the name of the company we're heading to?" He asked. "Dragon Enterprises," said Yoongi. "It's the main base of operations for all vampire hunters, the werewolf hunters aren't with Dragon Enterprises," he said. "Mm," said Daehyun. "Did you get your papers and stuff when you registered?" Asked Yoongi as he looked into the rear view mirror. "Yeah," said Daehyun. "Yongguk sent it to them through Youngjae," he said. "Youngjae and Zelo had to take a mission down south from Kris so Yongguk let them take the papers to Boston," he said.

"How many cars do you guys own?" Asked Yoongi. "It's just Yongguk and Youngjae's cars," said Daehyun. "I usually took one of their cars if I was sent out, but I usually went with Youngjae or Himchan," he said. "Who's in your pack if you don't mind me asking?" Asked Yoongi. "Yongguk of course, Youngjae, Zelo, Jongup, and Himchan," said Daehyun. "You met the two youngest already, and Yongguk," he said. "Jongup was on a mission and Himchan is returning from one," he said.

They reached Boston in a few hours, just before sundown. Yoongi fought back a yawn, stretching some. "Well, we made it," he said. "Is there a safe house here we can stay at for a bit?" Asked JR. "Probably, we'll have to ask when we get there," said Yoongi. "What street is the company on?" Asked Daehyun. "Hanover street," said Yoongi. "We'll be there soon, we haven't reached downtown yet," he said. "We don't go to Boston often, but I think there's a safe house near the company," he said. "Mm," said Daehyun.

They soon reached their destination, Yoongi parking near the building. "Very nondescript," said Daehyun as he looked at the building. Yoongi chuckled. "We can't draw attention to ourselves, plus it's a bank," he said. "Why don't you text your two packmates to see if they're here in Boston," he said, getting out of the truck. "I got a text earlier, they arrived just as we did," said Daehyun. "They're waiting inside for us," he said. "Convenient," said JR as he got out of the truck. Daehyun followed after them as Yoongi grabbed the necklace before closing the door. Daehyun and JR closed their doors before following Yoongi into the building.

"Hey hyung," said Youngjae as they walked in. "Got the papers?" Asked Daehyun. "Yep, Zelo is just talking with a banker about something," said Youngjae as he handed Daehyun a folder. "Thanks, I owe you both something," said Daehyun. "Don't worry about it, just make Yongguk proud," said Youngjae. "He has a lot to live up to then," said Jinyoung as he walked over. "Oh, hey hyung," said JR. Yoongi nodded to Jinyoung. "When did you get here?" Asked Yoongi. "I was staying at the safe house just up the road," said Jinyoung. "Saw your truck drive by I went to meet you here," he said. "I'm meeting with the hunters now, just wait," said Yoongi. Jinyoung nodded.

Yoongi went up to the bank teller, nodding to Zelo who was right beside him. "I'm here to turn in some stuff for hunting," he said. "Bat or wolf?" Asked the bank teller. "Bat, I'm here to collect my pay," said Yoongi. "Alright," said the bank teller, who pressed a button. "Go sit and wait," they said. Yoongi nodded and moved away, going to sit and wait with the others. Zelo joined them not long after, nodding to everyone. "We got our funds transferred, I guess Daehyun got his papers?" He asked Youngjae who nodded. "Yep," said Youngjae.

"Yoongi?" Asked someone as they walked over. "That's me," said Yoongi as he stood, holding out his hand. "Jaehyun," said Jaehyun as he shook hands with Yoongi. "Just here to confirm your kill," he said. Yoongi held out the necklace, and Jaehyun held it, examining it. "Alright, your payment will be added later," said Jaehyun. "Thank you," said Yoongi. "Can we have the necklace back? it belonged to the vampire's mate's father," he said. Jaehyun tilted his head. "Oh, Mark was a wolf wasn't he?" He asked. Yoongi nodded. "It's rare for them to survive that transition," said Jaehyun. "I'll have to ask a higher up, I think they'll let it go though," he said. "Who's the mate?" He asked. "I am," said Jinyoung as he stood and walked over. "I can get your number from the databases, Jinyoung right?" Asked Jaehyun. Jinyoung nodded. "Kris may have a job for you, look out for that soon," said Jaehyun. "Go home first, I'm sure your pack would want you to go back to them, at least for a bit," he said. "I have to go now, good luck on your next missions," he said before walking away.

"I need to turn in my papers," said Daehyun before he got up and went to talk to a bank teller. Jinyoung sighed. "I guess I better head back to Washington state," he said. "Who's car did you take?" Asked Yoongi. "Mark's truck," said Jinyoung. "Tell the others we said hello," said JR. "I will," said Jinyoung before he left.

Daehyun walked over, nodding to Yoongi and JR. "Everything is set up," he said. "Ready? I asked where the nearest safe house was, it's up the street from here," he said. "Yeah," said Yoongi. "We'll see you there?" Asked Youngjae. "Sure," said Yoongi before he left with JR and Daehyun. Yoongi drove to the safe house, parking on the street. They got out of the truck and went to check it out. "Huh, this isn't too bad looking," said Daehyun. "Mm," said Yoongi as he grabbed the key and opened up the door. He walked inside with JR and Daehyun following after him.