35.

From Your Style to Your Smile.

I took everyday as they came and didn't worry about Seunghyun anymore. I figured the day I realize how I feel will just come and until that day, well then nothing. Maybe one day I will just wake up and the answer will be in front of me, everything will be solved. Why think about him if a day like that will come, a day in which naturally I'll see clearly. I rather wait for that day to come than to force myself everyday to try to figure this all out, it doesn't feel right if I do it that way. Days and then weeks passed and I had not seen him once, even though Jiyong came by Seunghyun didn't. I was invited many times to hang out with them but each and everytime I declined. I had gone out with Junhyung more. He was always inviting me out and well I couldn't always decline because I wasn't busy. I have to admit it felt weird but not as weird as it used to feel. I guess I had grown since those days, I had grown immensely. I sort of miss that girl, the girl I used to be but then again the only thing that has changed is life, my change was a result of life and so how could I blame life when life is something everyone goes through? I can't and shouldn't wish for a better life, I can only wish for a better me because that is something I can actually control. I was meeting up with Junhyung after my shift today for whatever he had planned. I was in the back during my break when Hayi and Minzy came in. "Oh unnie!!" They both said. "Oh what are you two doing here?" I asked, since I hadn't gone out with them for awhile now so this was the first time I saw the two in a long time. "We missed you, why have you been ignoring us?" Hayi asked. "I've just been busy and yeah." I told them. "Well make sure to come hang out with us soon. Everyone really misses you!" Minzy said. "I'll try." I smiled at the two. "Aren't you graduating soon?Make sure to come out with us often before your life gets really busy." Hayi said. I went back to work and Junhyung came by to pick me up at 7pm.

I got into his car and we went out for some seafood. "By the way what are you doing for your senior project? I was thinking if you haven't planned anything maybe we could do it together?" Oh yes, the senior project. The senior project is something all seniors have to do before graduating. We were allowed to do anything and with however many people as long as everyone had equal amount of work time. I heard a few say they were going to do research, experiments, studies, short films, dance, sing and whatever else. "I have something in mind but not sure about it yet." I told him. "Want to do something together?" He asked. "Well, I guess. I don't see the harm in it." I said to him. "If you're okay with it, I actually would like to sing. Well technically rap...only if you don't mind singing." He said. He wants to perform a song? Well I do remember him saying rapping was his passion but..."How do you know if my voice is good or not? What if I am bad singer?" I said to him. "I'm sure you are great! Let's just work together, I think it'll be very fun! Plus you can still do your own thing, we'll just say you're a feature for my performance!" Junhyung smiled. I looked at him and he looked really excited for this so I couldn't say no to him. Plus if I wanted to still do my project I would have time to so, "Sure, lets do it!" I said to him. "Great! Ummm how about we start practicing...this weekend?" He asked. "Okay, sounds good." I said since I didn't have anything planned except for work. I worked Saturday morning and then Junhyung came by to pick me up after. We went over to his place and he led me to a room which seems like he made into his studio. "Welcome to my studio." He said. I looked at everything and having been in Teddy's studio before I could tell although Junhyung didn't have as good of equipment as Teddy, he had good equipment. "Have you been to a studio before? Do you know how these work?" He asked. "I've been to Teddy's studio before but I never really worked on any of the equipment he had. So no, you're going you have to teach me." I said to him. "It's not complicated at all but you've been to Teddy's studio? As in Teddy Park?" He asked me. "Oh? You know Teddy oppa? How do you know him?" I asked. "I don't know him personally but I've heard about him. He is a big rapper underground well not as much anymore but he produces very good music." Junhyung told me. I had never really asked Teddy about his studio or anything of the sort so I really didn't know but he does looks like and have the aura of someone who would love music. "How do you know him?" He asked me. "You could say he is a friend. I met him through YG and I've hung out with him a few times before." I told him. "That's cool. How about we chose a song first?" He asked. "Oh? I thought you wanted to do an original?" I asked him. "I did but are you okay with it?" He asked. "Yeah, this is your performance so lets do it." I said. "Okay well, lets just do a few songs together to find the strength and weaknesses of our voices. That way we can narrow down what type of song we want to do." He said. "Okay. But I might need awhile to get comfortable because I'm still sort of feeling shy." I told him since this was the first time I was doing anything like this. He just laughed and then we spent the next few hours singing a few songs, we did a few of his favorites, a few of mine and others. Eventually we figured out what kind of feel we were okay with. He told me he'd work on a beat and melody for the next time we meet and for me to just write lyrics any sort to get it started. I went home and sat down to a blank piece of paper, trying to write lyrics, anything really. I was like that for hours and eventually went to sleep...still with a blank sheet of paper.

It was Sunday and since I didn't work I met up with, Lizzy and them. I walked over to their place and we hung out and started talking about the senior project. "What are you doing? Are you two working together?" I asked Jieun and Seungho. "We are." Jieun said. "What are you two doing?" Eli asked. "Probably some duet. Jieun playing the guitar and the two of them singing." Lizzy guessed. Turns out that was exactly what they were doing. "I actually am singing as well." I told them. "What? With who?" Lizzy asked. "Junhyung." I said. "Wow." They all sort of said. Anyways Kai was going to dance of course. Eli was going to make a short film with some of his other friends. Lizzy was singing and dancing with a group of girls. We were talking awhile more when Kai said, "Did you not consider doing a fashion show?" "Oh you should!" Jieun said. I actually had thought of doing my own fashion show, making my own collection and then having a showcase. "I actually am considering it." I said. "Do it! Make sure I'm one of the models too!" Lizzy excitedly said. Every was encouraging me to do it, saying itd be fun and exciting for people to watch. I went home and thought it through. I decided on doing it, it was going to be hard work and take a lot of time and effort but I was already set on doing it. I first offered the others spots as models but only Lizzy and Kai said they could do it, the others were too busy and I understood. It was fine, I was just going to have to find other models and soon because I needed measurements to start and to get a general idea of the concept I wanted. I asked Tao and he agreed. I then basically asked random students at my school, if I saw someone with the look I was going for I just went up to them and asked if they would like to model for my show. They all said yes and in the end I had 7 girls and 3 boys. By now I had a concept and everyone's measurements so I started getting to work.

I told Yanggaeng and Daniel about my show and they were being so kind, they brought me over to their work station, it was a small shop they turned into a work room and told me I could use whatever I wanted and not be shy to ask them if I needed help or anything. I couldn't thank them enough since their work place was amazing and something I really needed if I was going to do well for my show. All they asked for was to not let anyone else in so basically they meant I would have to fit my models elsewhere. They had a lot of workpieces inside they didn't want the public to see yet. I had gone to the workroom everyday whenever I could to complete my collection, I'd even stayed until 3 or 4 in the morning. It was my first time making a complete collection, clothes for others other than me, for girls and especially boys, and I was making each a complete outfit, it was a lot of work but I enjoyed doing it. Friday rolled by again and I was waiting for Junhyung for our second meeting. He told me he had the beat all set and wanted me to listen to see if I like it, after that we could choose a topic, write our lyrics and then record it. We head over to his place and then he puts on the beat/melody he made. I listened and, "Genius. I love it." I said after it ended. "You think so?!" He asked. "Yeah! It totally was what we were going for." I told him. "That's a relief, I realy wanted you to like it." He said with a smile. We sat down and I truthfully told him I had no lyrics. "That's okay, take your time. It'll eventually come running to you if you sit down and let it." He said. I looked at his lyrics and then he rapped them, "WOW...." I said amazed. He laughed, "It's not the final product yet, still working it out." Junhyung said. With that I went straight to the workroom and started on my clothing. I worked and worked and worked until what Junhyung said to me crossed my mind. I stopped everything, put on the beat Junhyung had made and sat down in front of a blank sheet of paper. I closed my eyes and let everything come to mind. At the end of the night...there was a page full of writing. I looked down at the paper amazed at myself.

I was working when Yanggaeng came by and asked about my work. "How is your collection coming?" He asked. "It's coming. I still have a lot to do but I'm sure it'll be done." I smiled. "Can't wait to see it!!" He smiled back. I was really starting to get excited for the completion of my collection, I wanted to see it all down the runway. That night Jiyong and Chaerin came by YG. I was getting supplies from the back room when I saw the two of them. "Haeri!" Chaerin greeted with a smile. "Hello Chaerin, Jiyong." I said. "How have you been?!" Chaerin asked."I've been good lately." I smiled. "That's good to hear." Jiyong said back with a smile. "I heard you're making a collection for your senior project." Chaerin said. "Oh? Did Yanggaeng and Daniel tell you two?" I asked. "No, it's been the talk for awhile now." Jiyong said. "What? Really?" I asked surprised, it was the first time I was hearing this. "You didn't hear about it? It's spread like wildfire. A lot of people know you design your own clothes so to have a show everyone is really expecting great works. Even a few of my designer friends said they might show up at your show because they've heard of you." Chaerin said. "Wow...I guess I've just been too busy working and everything that I really didn't notice." I said. "Well we're both excited." Chaerin said. "Expect us as an audience that day." Jiyong said. "Thank you." I smiled...had I really been the talk of the school? Wow. Sort of makes me nervous now, since everyone seems to expecting something amazing. Sort of feels more than just a senior project, it feels like...life. "By the way we're getting together tonight, want to come?" Jiyong asked. "Sorry. I have a lot of work to do, especially after finding all of this out." I said to him. "Well hopefully next time then." He said before I went back to work. After work I set up a get together of my models to try on the few pieces I had finished. My models were of course, Lizzy,Kai, Tao, I had also asked Kris and he was kind enough to help, I then asked school mates Nana, Uee, Jooyeon, Jungah, Kahi and Bekah. I had them all come over to my house where I had the clothing I finished. One by one they arrived.

"Wow, you made all of this?!" Lizzy asked as she was going through the pieces. "Sure did." I said still working on some other pieces. "This is amazing." Kai said. "I knew you were good but this is beyond amazing." Kris said. "Ahah, thank you all, really." I said sewing on a few buttons. "Wow!" Nana and Uee said as they both came in. "Thanks." I said. "So glad you asked me to be a part of this." Jooyeon said looking around. "Me too!" Jungah said. "Okay, try this on." I said getting up and handing over the piece I had been working on to Kahi. I helped everyone into their pieces and had them all stand next to each other. I looked at them and thought about what I needed in my collection, what I needed to fix, make, design, redesign and just everything. It was looking pretty good. "Okay, thank you." I said as they were all leaving. "Let's go get some food." Tao said as it were him, Kai, Kris, Lizzy and I only left. We all went out for some food and just chatted. I had a really good time, I needed the time, I needed laugh, relaxation and everything. It cleared my mind and I was so ready to go back to my colection. We all left and eventually it was just Kris and I. "How's your mom?" I asked. "Better, a lot better." He said. "That's good." I told him. It was really good to know his mom was doing well. "By the way, thanks for being a model for me." I said. "No problem, you know I'd do anything for you and I know you have an immense ability. Glad to be part of something so amazing." He said. "Thanks Kris." I smiled back at such a kind man.

I had met with Junhyung again for what seemed like one of the last meetings we were going to have. The date of our event was coming soon and so we got together and talked about the final product of the song. We combined our lyrics, helped each fix them, put them together, place them at the right parts and just to perfect our song. "Wow you have some really amazing lyrics for someone who doesn't write. Really deep. How did you do it?" He asked. I looked down at my lyrics, "They sort of just poured out of me." I truthfully said. I couldn't stop writing once the pencil hit the paper. "Really amazing." Junhyung said. We recorded and the song was set. "Today has been one hell of a day." Junhyung said stretching. "Sure has." I said looking at the clock, we had been working for about 6 hours straight. But I was really satisfied with our product. "I'll tweek a few things here and there but we should be done. We should get together once or twice more to sing the song and see what we want to do on stage, although I think simply sitting or standing would fit our song best." He said looking at his watch. "Sounds good." I replied. "Hungry?" He asked. "I could go for some food." I said seeing as how we hadn't eaten this whole time and had only worked. "Let's go then!" Junhyung said. We left his place and went out for some food. "How the's fashion show coming along?" He asked. "Ahh...I still have a lot of work to do but it's coming along." I said not really wanting to think about it since the time was nearing and I still had a lot to do, not only for my collection but the stage set-up, music, advertisments, lighting, audience chairs, if I wanted them seated, decorations and well everything. "If you need any help, feel free to ask. I mean you're helping me with my project so let me lend a hand. Need anything?" He asked. I thought about it, what could he help with? "Oh once I figure how I want my stage do you mind helping with the heavy work and all that?" I asked. "Sure thing. Just keep me updated." He said. I went home and seriously thought about everything. I was starting to freak out because I hadn't really thought about all the little details. I am in a bind and this is the time to ask for help.

The next day at work I was in the back with Yanggaeng and Daniel. "I need help oppas." I said to the two of them. They both looked at me, "Anything." Daniel said. "Well okay so I just started to think about how I wanted my show to look like and that is where I need your help." I said to the two of them who have done, been and gone to many shows. "When is your show?" Yanggaeng asked. "...At the beginning of the month?" I said thinking. We only had 3 weeks until the end of the month, until my show and then graduation. "Okay! We can make it work." Daniel said. "Thank you so much! You don't really have to do too much, just the design and how my stage should be. I can get other people to set it up." I said to the two. "...We'd need to see your collection first though. To make the best stage we have to see your concept and go off that." Yanggaeng said. "Oh, of course! Everything is at the station, we can go over any time." I said. "Okay, sounds good." Daniel smiled. I was so thankful to these two oppas. "Aything else we could help you with?" Yanggaeng asked. "Actually yeah...music. I was thinking maybe we could ask Teddy for help on that?" I said. "Perfect! After we get the gist of everything we can go over to him and ask him for help." Daniel said. "Thank you two sooooo much!!" I said one last time. "No problem. Just don't forget us when you make it big." Yanggaeng said. The three of us headed to the station after they closed up and they looked over my collection. I stood there nervously as they looked at each piece individually. They were designers and amazing ones so it was very nerve-wrecking. They chatted quietly for a moment before turning to me, "Have you ever thought of doing it this way?" Yanggaeng asked pointing and demonstrating something one of my pieces. "What do you mean?" I asked going closer and then he showed me. "Oh!" I said seeing what he said was helpful. They helped me and gave me constructive criticism that I happily took in. It was all really good because I would have never thought about it by myself. We spent maybe 30 minutes doing that before we all sat down and I listened to them talk about the stage set-up. What if we do this, like this, with these colors, this type of background, lighting and everything. I sat there just amazed. "We'll draw up some sketches, it'll be done in...if not by tomorrow by the day after." Yanggaeng said. "Okay, thank you, thank you soooo much!! I really appreciate your help!" I said. The show was definitely coming along.

 
 
 
 
 

——————————————————————————————————————————————

 

Thanks for all the lovely comments!! I appreciate them all as well as you all!!

Everything seems to be winding down, don't it? :)