26.

From Your Style to Your Smile.

I went to work after about 5 months. As soon as I walked in. "Haeri!" Joon shouted walking over and pulling me into a hug. "Hello oppa." I smiled. "We missed you!! It was so dull around here!" He said setting me down. "Haeri!!" Jay said coming over to where Joon and I was. "Back for real?!" He asked putting his arm around me. "Yes I am!" I smiled. God how I missed them, this place, it was like my second home. I go to the back to put my things away and then see Daniel. "Oppa!" I shouted as I walked over to him. "Haeri, glad to have you back!" He smiled. "Well I'll get to work." I said smiling. Clothes, my passion, I didn't have much time for sewing and I didn't really care about it when I was back home since I was always with the others and fancy clothes didn't match a small town. I looked at all the new things that were 'in' for guys. I can't wait to get back to shopping. I worked for probably3 hours when someone came in and started working, someone I hadn't seen before. Daniel was on the floor so I asked him who he was. "Oh. He's the new worker." Daniel said. YG had a new worker? "You guys hired someone?" I asked him. "Yeah, Yunho's going back to school for his masters so we had to get someone new." He said. "Did you hire anyone else?! ...like a girl?" I asked. "Of course not! We told you, you were our first and last female worker." I smiled not that I expected it to be like that forever but that he just said it. "Well go introduce yourself." Daniel said. 

When he was on his lunch break I went into the back and introduced myself. "Hello, I'm Haeri." He said nothing. "Umm..." He wasn't talking back so I didn't know what to say or do. "Did I do something wrong?" I asked. "Ahaha. Sorry. I was still in my role. I'm Tao. I've heard a lot about you." He said. "Role?" I asked sort of confused. "I'm the mysterious handsome guy." "Ahhhh!!" Just as the others had been labeled, Tao had also been labled. I could see why too, he had amazing features. "Well it's a pleasure to be working with you!" I smiled. "By the way, how old are you?" I asked. "17." He said. "Oh? Me too, are you an upcoming senior?" I asked. "Yeah. You too?" He asked. "Yeah! Wow, your my first same-aged friend here at YG!" I said. I wanted to talk some more but I had to get back to work so we just left it at that.

 

 

 

After that Tao and I had become very good friends. I found out he was going to the same school I was! We spent a lot of time together, as friends. He was just very dependable and I enjoyed being with him. Trust me my heart was so far away that it wasn't going to come back so easily. I knew better. Anyways, Tao and I were going to go out after work to get some food and then we would go meet his friends to karaoke. I had already met some of them and they were very fun to be around.

We worked the same shift and had about 20 minutes left. I was working the floor when I see Dong Wook walking in the shop. He saw me and walked over. "Oh? You're back?" He asked. "Yes I am. Back for good." I smiled. "You seem happier, that's good." "Thank you." I said as he walked away into the back. I was still on the floor when suddenly Youngbae and Daesung walked in. I smiled to them and they back at me. I hadn't seen them for the longest. My shift was over so I went to the back room to grab my bag. While there I see lounging around, Yanggaeng, Daniel, Dong Wook, Teddy, Jiyong, Youngbae and Daesung. "Haeri!" Jiyong shouted. "Ohhh hello." I said."You're back!" He smiled. "Yep, I am." Did everyone know I was gone? "Sorry, I'm sort of in a rush." I said going to get my bag. "Ah, yeah." He said moving. "Hello guys." I heard someone coming in. It was him, my heart skipped a beat. Am I stupid? I shouldn't, don't care anymore. It's over anyways. I got up and...

There he was, sitting on one of the sofas. I saw him looking at me then he looked away. "Where are you going in such a hurry?" Teddy asked. "I'm going out with Tao." I said walking towards the door. "Have fun!" Daniel said. "We will. Goodbye oppas." I slightly bowed for all of them. 

I was by the door when the door opened and Tao came in. "Sorry. Let me grab my things and then we can leave." He said moving towards the back of the room and then to the bathroom. We were all in silence when it was getting a bit weird. "By the way, didn't you graduate?" I asked Jiyong. "Sure did. We all did." I'm guessing he wanted to bring Seunghyun into this conversation. "That's great!" I smiled at him. "Are you here to stay? Or just working for the summer?" He asked. "I'm here to stay." I said finding myself looking at Seunghyun. "Okay, ready! Let's go." Tao said coming out. "Come on!! I'm hungry!!!" I smiled. We walked out the door and went to get some dinner.

"There was a weird atmosphere in the back room." Tao said as we ordered our food. "Ahahah, there's just a lot of...past lingering around. That's all." I told him. "Oh well, okay." He said. We talked about random things and then we went over to meet the others.

I had met Kris before and Kris was a nice guy. He may look hard to approach, he looks sort of intimidating but he isn't. Once you get to know him, he really cares and takes cares of those around him. I had met Luhan before too. He's a very cute looking guy. He's just very friendly and likes to joke around a lot. Then I met four other guys when Tao and I got to the karaoke place. 

 

 

"Hi I'm D.o." "Hello. I'm Haeri." "Hello, I'm Chanyeol." "Haeri, nice to mee you." At the end of the night, D.o. turned out to be the cutest. He had such a funny personality. He was the youngest of the bunch so maybe that explains why. Chanyeol was a great guy, he was the smartest of the bunch and he had a calming behavior, air around him.

 

 

"I'm Suho." "And I'm Lay." "I'm Haeri." Suho. Suho was dorky, dorky cute. A little awkward but that's what made him likable. Lay was a very down to earth guy. He was up for anything, any time. He was just very chill. They each had a different personality so it was very fun to hang out with them because it was like you got a bit of everything.

 

 

 

 

About a month had passed and I was at home with the others when Tao called me. "Let's go out today Haeri-ah." He said. "Sure, you know I could never say no to you!" I said to him. "Good! Well the others want to go to a dance being held a college or something." Tao said. "Oh? At a college? Are you sure we can get in then?" I asked. "Yeah, it's open to all students, as long as we show them our school idea and pay 10 bucks it's fine!" He said. "And you guys reallyyyy want to go to this?" I asked. "Yeah! Sooo???" Tao asked. "Sure. I'm going to invite my friends too then." I said to Tao. "The more the merrier! See you later?" He said. "Yeah." I said hanging up.

"Tao?" Jieun asked. "Yeah. There's a college party of some sort, he and the others want to go. We have to show them our school id and it costs $10. You guys want to go?" I ask them all. "Yeahhh!!! I was getting bored from just working all the time! I'm going to use my day off wisely!" Lizzy said getting up excited. "How about the rest of you guys?" I asked looking at the others. "I'm always up for a good party." Kai said. "Sure, why not." Eli said. "Let's go!" Jieun brightly said. "Seems like we're all going to party tonight." Seungho said. Lizzy wanted to buy new clothes for tonight so we all went shopping, had dinner and then went back to my house to get ready.

Eli drives us all there and it was huge! It was like a whole campus party, there was something different happening everywhere. We paid and then walked in. "WOW!!" We all sort of said outloud. Ahahha I mean we are high schoolers at a college party, definitely not something that happens often. I wonder how the college agreed to do something like this. Oh well, who cares, let's just enjoy this. "Tao! Where are you guys?" I called him. "We're up closer to the main stage, you can't miss it, we're sort of all just sitting on the grass in the back." He said through the loud noise. I hang up and we all go look for them. The stage was huge! We look around in search of Tao and them when, "Is that them?" Kai asked. We all look where he was pointing at. "Sure is." I said making my way through the crowd to get to them.

"Tao!!!!" I shouted as soon as I saw him. "Haeri!" He said getting up and giving me a hug. "Hello, Kris-ah, Luhan-ah, D.o., Chanyeol oppa, Suho oppa and Lay oppa." I smiled as I was trying to squeeze Tao to death in our hug. "Have you guys been here long?" I asked looking up at Tao. "Just a while. Anyways, sit down you guys." Tao said to everyone. We all sat down and chatted amongst ourselves. This wasn't the first time we had all gotten together, we had gotten together a few times before so everyone was sort of familiar with everyone else. We were sitting talking for awhile when, "Time to explore?" Kai said. Everyone agreed and got up. Seungho and Jieun had left a while ago on their own. Kai went to go hang out with a few of his hyungs. Chanyeol and Suho went over to their friends, D.O. found a few of his friends earlier too so the rest of us walked in a group. We all sort of got into our own groups, Tao and I were leading, Lizzy, Eli and Luhan were behind us. Kris and Lay were behind them. We were walking when Luhan stopped to talk to his friends, Eli saw something he wanted to try out and so Tao went with him. So it was just Lizzy, Kris, Lay and I. We weren't neccessarily awkward it was just a tiny bit strange. But we kept walking. "Want to get some shaved ice?" Lay oppa asked. "Sure!" Lizzy said. We all went and ordered and then took a seat on one of the tables. It was sort of quiet until I felt Lizzy poke me. Oh that's right! "I think I forgot something, Kris mind coming with me?" I asked Kris. "Ah, sure." He said. We both left. Lizzy had taken a liking to Lay and had asked me earlier for some help. "What did you forget?" Kris asked. "Ahh..." I had nothing to say. "Ahhaha, it's because Lizzy likes Lay huh." He said. "Oh? How did you know?" I asked surprised. "It's sort of obvious." He said. "Yeah, Lizzy's not really good at hiding her emotions." I said. "Well what do you want to do?" He asked. "I don't know..." I honestly said. "How about we go see the performances for a while?" He asked. "Sure!" I said. 

We made our way to the stage, there were so many people. As we were getting closer more and more people kept coming. I thought I was going to get pulled away and lost in the crowd. I picked up my pace to stay close to Kris but it wasn't working, people kept coming between us. Kris, I wanted to let him know I wasn't right behind him, I wanted to say his name, "Kr..." He took a hold of my hand and led the way closer to the stage, me right behind him, staring at my hand in his, for some reason my heart skipped a beat. We get there and wow! It was soooo huge, the speakers were huge, lighting was great and everything. I turned over to look at Kris.

My heart skipped beat. Kris was a handsome man. Like I said before, he looks hard to approach, his features make it seem that way but he was a really nice guy. He was sort of glowing. Wow, he looks like a prince. My heart skipped another beat. I look down at our hands, mine still in his, he still holding tightly. I must be going crazy! I shook my head and watched the performance. I heard Kris laugh and so I turn back to him. "You're really cute, you know?" He smiling. He looks cute with that smile of his. My heart skipped a beat again. I felt his fingers spread apart and interlock with mine, he looked forward. I looked down at our interlocked fingers, wondering why I didn't let go of his hands. We watched the performance and then a new group came on, a girl group by the name of Brown Eyed Girls, they sang a perfect summer song titled, 'One Summer Night'. It was a cute song. I noticed a few couples dancing together. Aww that's so sweet. I felt Kris pull me towards him, he smiled and put his hands out. He wanted to dance, I found myself put my arms around his shoulder...we swayed with the music, I moved in closer and let my head rest on his shoulder, his arms securely wrapped around my waist.

The song ended and I look up at Kris who was looking down at me...he leaned down to what seems like a kiss. Just before our lips touched, I looked away and backed up a little. "Sorry." I said not ready for a kiss. "No, I'm the one who is sorry." He said, I noticed a little hurt cross his face. "Let's go." He said walking away. What did I do? I hurt him. I caught up with him and grabbed a hold of his hand. I don't know why I did, it just happened. He turned back, looked a little shocked and then smiled. We walked back hand in hand. As we were nearing everyone I released my hand. We walk back to the same spot earlier and most of us were already there. "How about everyone come over to my place?" Suho asked. Everyone looked at each other. "Haeri say yes!" Tao said. "Sure I'm up for it." I said, after I agreed the others agreed and we all got up to go to Suho's. A few of the others had taken the bus so we were deciding on how to get to Suho's. "Well I brought a car, some can ride with me." Suho said. "I came with my van." Eli said. "That's right I've got to go get drinks so Lay tag along?" Suho asked. "Yeah." Lay said. So the 6 of us rode in Eli's van, Tao, Kris, Luhan and D.o. squeezed with. Chanyeol went with the other oppas. "Let's go get snacks, since the oppas are probably going to be awhile." I suggested. We left to get snacks, we got some chips, cookies, pop, juice, ice cream, kimbap and a few other things. We followed the directions to Suho's and went in since Suho had given Kris the keys.

After a short while the oppas came back with the drinks. We all sat down to drink. I was on one sofa with Tao on one side and Lizzy on the other. We had a few drinks, played a few games, talked and whatever else. We all went outside because a few of the guys wanted to smoke. The non-smokers stayed at a distant but we continued to talk. "Are you guys ready for school?!" Lizzy asked. "School is school." Luhan said. "We'll be seniors though, it'd be a little different!" Eli said. "Yeah that and this is the first time we're going to a school in Seoul." Kai added. "I know! I'm a bit nervous but excited at the same time." Jieun said. "Well we're spending it all together so it'll be much more fun!" I said. After a few minutes Kris pulled me aside and we took a small stroll. I liked being with him, I felt this way a while back, the feeling of just liking to be around him. I don't know why but I felt that way. "Haeri..." He began, I looked at him. "...I've liked you for a while now." He stated. I was looked at him a little surprised. "And well I was wondering if you'd be my girlfriend." He said looking me in the eyes. "Yes." I said right away. Why did I just say that? Did I really like him? Did I want to be his girlfriend? A huge smile crossed his face, he grabbed me and lifted me up off my feet. He was totally happy, I guess this doesn't feel too bad...