27.

From Your Style to Your Smile.

First day of school as a senior! It feels great but a little strange at the same time. Before the end of the summer, before school started Jieun, Lizzy, Seungho, Kai and Eli had moved into a 2 bedroom apartment. It was sad to see them go after spending almost everyday together but I'm glad they're able to do it. "Morning babe, ready for this?" Kris said putting his arm around me. "I guess so." I said looking at the school I had left for months. We spot the others in a group. "Haeri! Kris!" They shouted. "Morning!" I smiled. "What class are you guys in?" Jieun asked. We looked at our classes and the results were...Tao, Eli and I were in the same class, Jieun, Seungho, and Kris were in another. Lizzy and Kai were in the third. "Well this isn't the best result but it will do." Lizzy said. We all walked to class. "Good luck and see you guys at lunch." I smiled walking into my new homeroom. Tao and I shared a desk and Eli was at the desk next to us. Class started and I noticed a few people and they noticed me but other than that, nothing too big. 

The first 2 week of school passed and we made our way to lunch like usual. "Oh my god! Guess what?!" Lizzy said all excited. "What?" We all said or it showed on our faces. "So this guy, supposedly he's the most handsome 3rd year said we should hang out!!"Lizzy smiled. Most handsome 3rd year? It couldn't be. "Well what's his name?!" Jieun asked. "Junhyung!" Lizzy said. "You should have seen her face when he came over to talk to her." Kai said. "Shut up! He's sooo handsome!"  She said. Junhyung...I hadn't really thought about him since that time. "Anways he said I was pretty! And asked where I was from!" Lizzy kept talking about him. "Haeri, you know him?" Tao asked, of course best friend Tao would notice. Everyone looked at me. "Yeah, we were friends before I left." I said. "Oh?! What kind of guy is he?!" Lizzy asked. "He's a nice guy, very nice." I said. "Ouuuu." Lizzy said. "Did you forget about Lay hyung or something." Kris said. "Aww crap..." We all laughed. 

We went back to class and all I could think about was Junhyung. I wonder how he is, what he's doing, is he still with Hara, doesn't seem like it if he approached Lizzy. Jiyeon then crossed me mind. I wonder how she is doing, where she is, if she and Daehyun were still together, does she still go here and a ton of thoughts just ran through my mind. "Yah!" Tao quietly said but loud enough for me to hear. "Pay attention!" He said breaking my chain of thoughts.

I was stayed afterschool one day and was walking up to Kris's classroom, because he had a small class meeting of some sort. "Haeri?" I heard through one of the classrooms I had walked past. I look over and there he was.

"Oh?! It is really you!" Junhyung said coming over and giving me a small hug. "Where have you been all this time?! I was worried about you!" He said. "Ahh, I had just moved for a while." I told him, my dear friend was doing well. "And you're back now?" He asked. "Yep! Going to be graduating here in Seoul." I smiled. "It's great seeing your smile again." He smiled, great seeing yours too. He walked with me as I was going to get Kris. We get to Kris's homeroom and he was there alone with Hara.

Hara was still the pretty girl she was, probably the same nasty girl though. She was looking and smiling at Kris. I wonder what they're doing. Or rather what she is saying to him because she kept laughing and touching his shoulder. I then realized Junhyung was next to me...I wonder if...he coughed causing Hara to look our way. Does that mean they are still dating? "Haeri?!" Hara said my name. "Hello Hara." I said out of courtesy. "You're back eh?" She asked. "You guys know each other?" Kris said. "Oh yeah, she used to come here." Hara said probably thinking he was talking to her but little did she know that he was actually talking to me. She whispered something into Kris's ear. "Wait..." I heard Kris say before getting cut off. "What are you doing now?" Junhyung asked. "Well, Kris here just asked me out." Hara smiled. Did I just hear correctly?! Kris asked her out? She must be out of her mind. "We're going to become the hottest couple, hotter than you and I ever were." She smirked. I looked over at Kris who just shrugged. I wanted to say something but then again I wanted to see what she was going to do next. She's definitely crazy. I'd given her a chance before and that's not going to happen this time, she was just really...one crazy, nasty girl, she was never going to change. "Don't be silly." Junhyung said. "Shut up! What did you two come here for anyways? Don't you guys know when you're interrupting something?" She said. I don't know if she hated me or Junhyung. It seemed like the two of them were done and were going through some phase right now. Or if seeing me with him caused it, either way she's crazy. "Whatever. Haeri, whatever you came here for, I think it's best you just come another time." Junhyung said grabbing my hand, turning around, ready to leave. I didn't move and stayed put. "Uhhh, what are you waiting for?!" Hara snapped at me. "Ready to go?" I asked Kris.  "Who are you talking to?" Hara asked confused and disgusted at the same time. "Kris, my boyfriend." I said taking my hand out of Junhyung's and pointing at Kris. Hara looked over at Kris appalled. "Sorry, I was trying to tell you but you didn't listen." Kris said grabbing his bag and walking towards me. Hara was completely shocked at what just happened. "Hara, the next time you do something like this, make sure he doesn't already have a girlfriend." I said taking Kris's hand and walking out of the classroom.

I can't deny that I didn't enjoy what just happened. It's not like I did anything wrong, she did it all to herself, I was only there listening. After everything she had put me through, done to me I think I can let it all go, with this, with what just happened. "Well that was something." Kris said and then adding, "You two hate each other or something?" "Ahahaha, no, we don't hate each other...well I don't hate her. We just...have a very long past." I said to Kris.

"I heard you've already become the most beautiful third year at school." Yanggaeng said as I was working the floor. "What? Who told you that?" I said. "She's lying! She is!" Tao said as he walked past Yanggaeng and I. It was kind of true. I had become the 'queenka' at school. It sort of just happened, everyone just started considering me as a queenka, I heard a few of the reasons which were, I'm pretty, skinny, natural, fashion forward, the only female working at YG and because I was dating Kris who was turning very popular which wasn't too surprising. I had beat out Hara who was the queenka all of second year and well every year before that. I was still working when Kris came by, we were going out after I finished my shift. He walked by and gave me a kiss. I was finishing up my work and then went to the back room to get things.

 "Jiyong oppa?" I said as I saw him sitting down. Seunghyun...I looked at him and slightly bowed. "Hello Haeri." Jiyong smiled, "I hear you're the one everyone is after at school." He said. "Ahhh, how do you oppas hear all of these things?!" I said, Yanggaeng knew it and now Jiyong knows it. "What are you guys doing here?" I asked. "We're waiting for Yanggaeng and then we're going out. Want to come with?" Jiyong asked. Seunghyun looked at Jiyong and then me. "Sorry can't. Kris and I have plans." I told them. "Well what are you two doing?" Jiyong asked. "I actually don't know either. What are we doing?" I asked Kris. "Well I was thinking since it's our 3 month anniversary I would cook you a homemade dinner." Kris said. "Wow! Have we been dating 3 months already?!" I asked surprised that 3 months had already passed. "Well it's nice that my girlfriend know how long we've dated." Kris made a face. I laughed. "Sorry! Let's just go already!" I said pushing Kris. "Bye oppas. Have fun!!" I said to them. "You two too! Be safe! Use protection!" Yanggaeng joked. I stuck my tongue out at him and the last person my eyes saw was Seunghyun.

I haven't been doing my laundry so I just pulled on some stuff that was pushed far back in my closet and ran out the door. I was going to go pick up my check from YG so I figured a lazy day was okay. I walk into the back and grab my check from Yanggaeng and got it cashed at the register. "Haeri." I heard someone say, I turn around and it was Teddy. "Oh. Hello." I said to him. "Do you have plans today?" He asked. "Nope, why?" I asked. "Well i'm throwing a party and would like you to come." He smiled. A party? "I invited everyone here at YG, you should come." He said. "...Sure, I guess, if everyone else is going, I don't see why not." I said to him. "Good. Well if you're not busy right now, mind helping me get a few things for the party?" He asked. "Okay." I said. I spent the rest of the day helping him run errands and then we went to a building. "What is this?" I asked looking at the building. "Ahh, my studio." He said. "You own a studio?!" I asked taking a few bags out of the car. "Sure do. I'm a producer." He smiled. "Wow, oppa you're so cool!" I smiled. "I know." He smiled. Spending the day with Teddy oppa made us get closer and he turned out to be a very cool oppa, down to earth, chill and well just awesome!!! I followed him inside to set everything down. "Follow me." He said leading the way to a room.

Inside the room I see Seunghyun. He looks focused on whatever he was doing. "Hey!" Teddy said causing Seunghyun to look our way. I nodded as to greet him. "Mind getting the rest of the things out of my car?" Teddy said to him. Seunghyun looked at me, the look in his eyes didn't have the same effect on me like it did before. I don't know if it's because I didn't see him the same or if he, himself lost the look he used to have. It seems like he really lost a lot of color...everything about him was just...different. He didn't look the same, at all...I wonder what it is... Oh well it's not really my problem anymore. I guess I really did get over him because standing here seeing him really didn't do anything to me. I didn't want to run over to him, I didn't want to yell at him, beat him up or anything really. I sort of just didn't care? We're different people now and it's all something in the past so why should I care? I have my own life that is going well and I'm sure he has his own life that is going great. "Stay here while we get the other things." Teddy said leaving with Seunghyun. I looked at the room, it was a really cozy studio. I walk over closer to look at everything. I see a song titled, 'Act Like Nothing's Wrong' pulled up on the computer screen. I pressed on it, pulled on the headphones, sat down and listened. 

This voice...I still know it all too well. "I want to run to you but still, it's so hard but I try to act cool, as if nothing's wrong." I had only listened to roughly 30 seconds of the song when someone pulled the headphones off my ears. I look up to see Seunghyun. "What are you doing?" He said. "...Sorry." I said not knowing what else to say. "Ah, sorry Haeri. Top's sort of sensitive about who gets to hear that song, plus we're still working on it, he wants to perfect it so don't feel too bad." Teddy said. So it was his voice. I wonder who..."Anyways, people should be arriving soon so let's go get everything ready." Teddy said. I followed him out of the room. "Oppa!" I shouted as all of them were coming in. "Haeri!" Han Byul said coming over to hug me. The other girls followed suit. "It's been so long!" "I heard you came back!" "Where have you been?!" "Great seeing you again!" They all sort of said. Ahhh how I missed hanging out with these girls. "Come, let's talk." I spent the night just talking and catching up with the girls. "How is your love life?" Ha yi asked. "Well, I am dating someone right now. He's a really nice guy." I said to them. "Really? Don't you ever feel that you and Seung..." Minzy started but was nudged by Dara. I wonder what she was going to say. "...Haeri, as someone who cares about you, I know that what you had with Top was real." In Na said. "I agree! No matter what happend, you two were meant to be!" Minzy said. What are these girls saying right now? "You and Top did make one great couple. I can't deny your chemistry either." Chaerin said. "What are you all saying?" I asked confused and wondering why Seunghyun was brought into the conversation. They are his friends, shouldn't they have known what he was doing? Actually probably not, they don't look like the sort of people who would. "We are saying that no matter what happened, you shouldn't give up." Han Byul said. "Even if what you heard something else, something not real." She added. What in the world...are they my friends or not? Trying to get me to chase someone who broke my heart, who used me and then threw me away. Are they crazy. "I don't see him in that way anymore and I really wish we would stop talking about it." I said to them all. "If you really didn't care about him anymore, why are you in his clothes? They are his, aren't they?" Ha Yi said. I looked down at myself...I realized the hoodie I was wearing was his...I didn't put them on, on purpose...but why do I still have them? "I have to go." I said getting up and running outside.

I stood outside Teddy's studio. What is this? I don't still...no I don't. I felt someone hug me from behind. He turned me around and hugged me. again. My eyes closed, his scent, still...Haeri what are you doing? I opened my eyes and pushed him off. "What are you doing?!" I asked. "Sorry." He looked away. What is this strange, strange feeling? You have no idea how my body wanted to stay in his embrace, how my feet wanted to run to him, how my hands wanted to hold his, how my nose wanted his scent, how my lips wanted to touch his. Here I stand in front of the man I used to love, yet the man my body wanted. I must have shown a conflicted look on my face because he walked closer and pulled me into another hug. I felt his hands carress my cheeks, I saw his lips move in closer to mine, I closed my eyes...