25.

From Your Style to Your Smile.

We all ate what my mom cooked and then everyone got ready and dressed. 

Seungho and Jieun wore matching clothes, they were so cute I wanted to punch them. Ahhaha kidding, they were really cute though. I knew they would one day be dating. As for Eli, he was dressed up very nicely. It was an outfit I approved of. Never thought a country boy like him would be dressed like this, right now. I guess I should know better than to judge someone. 

 

Kai also looked great but him being himself looked great anyday. I could tell he was fit too. Dancing worked for him.

Lizzy looked amazing too. Lizzy was definitely a pretty girl. She definitely matches a city girl. "Lizzy, you went all out!" Kai said. "Ahhaah, you never know who you could run into. I just want to always have a good first impression." She smiled. We all laughed. 

We all got into Eli's car and drove to the school where this concert was going to be held. Thank god it wasn't where I had gone. It was hard finding parking but we eventually found a spot, even though it was a few blocks down. We walked to the school and it definitely looked like a concert, there was a stage, lights, people all over, standing, sitting, dancing, and it just looked like fun. "Woo!!! I love it!" Lizzy said looking around. The 6 of us walked in. We walked closer to the stage and watched a few performances. They were really good. After a while everyone sort of went on their own way. Jieun and Seungho left to walk around. Kai found sound of his buddies and went over to hang out with them for a while. It was down to Lizzy, Eli and I. Eventually some guy came up to Lizzy and so she left with him to go talk for a while. She smiled at me before she left. What a girl. So it was just Eli and I now. We walked back and took a seat on the ground. 

"Well this is definitely something that doesn't happen back home." Eli said then adding, "You must have come to plenty of these." "Ahahaha, definitely not something that would happen back home. And no this is actually the first for me too. I was always busy with school and work so I didn't have time for events like this...that and well I never heard of any." I said. "Well, don't you miss your friends? Don't you want to look for them?" He asked. "...I didn't have that many friends. Like I said, I was busy with work, so my only friends were those I worked with and a girl." I told him. "Don't you want to call her up?" He asked. "She's probably busy." I said. We sat there waiting for the next performance when from behind me I hear a voice I knew all too well. I turn around and it was exactly who I thought it was...

Junhyung...my heart.....is taking it better than I expected. I guess my heart is completely walled up now. That and well Junhyung was really good to me. I still have that Rilakkuma he got for me in Jieun's room. He was a great friend! I wanted to go over and talk to him but I thought it was better not to. He'd ask questions and tell me to stay and whatnot. I just wasn't ready to come back, not really because of Tabi but because, I loved my town to much, I love Jieun, Lizzy, Seungho, Kai and Eli too much. I'll come back another time. Until then, Junhyung stay well. Plus I'm sure he has tons of other people on his mind, I probably wasn't one of them.

"Haeri!" I heard my name being called out. If I were to choose one person to think about me, it would be..."Come! The group I was talking about earlier is next!" Lizzy said pulling me towards the crowd and the stage. We kept going until we see Jieun, Seungho and Kai. "This is them! Watch, it's going to be awesome!" Lizzy said very excited. I just smiled and looked towards the stage.

We all waited for this amazing group that had Lizzy all psyched up...and out comes...Jiyong oppa? ......Tabi?....I watched as the two of them did their performance. I thought my heart was walled up but I guess not. My heart beat faster. There, standing on stage was Tabi. He looks good up there...a girl is coming out...Bom? Singing on stage next to Tabi was Bom, his fiance. I watched as my heart crumbled even more than it had before. She turned to him, touched him and sang. They look amazing though. He's smiling on stage with her...I guess he doesn't thnk about me at all...I mean of course he doesn't, I was just a nobody to him. It's okay Haeri, you're getting there, you're almost at the point where he means nothing...

I wanted to leave but my eyes wouldn't leave the stage. I watched until it ended. "Weren't they amazing!" Lizzy said. "They were good." Kai said. "They killed it. Better than any of the others I've seen today." Eli said. "I liked them too! That girl has a very great voice!" Jieun said. "Wow. That was something alright." Seungho said. My eyes were glued onto Tabi until he left the stage. "Do you happen to know them, Haeri?!" Lizzy asked. "..." I said nothing. "Well I have a surprise for you guys! Follow me!" Lizzy said as she led the way. I didn't want to follow her, I just wanted to leave but Jieun and Eli both grabbed my arms and we followed her. "This is Seungri!" Lizzy said. We all greeted him and then he led us somewhere. We were getting closer when I started to have a bad feeling about this. I slowed down as we were getting near. "Hey guys!" Seungri said. "Hey Seungri! Who are they?!" I heard Jiyong's voice saying. "Just people I met today." Seungri said then added. "Anyways this is..." "I'm Lizzy. I just saw your performance and I have to say it was amazing!!" Lizzy said. I stood behind all of them...I spotted Tabi and he was smiling...I guess I was no one to him now, wait, I was never somebody to him, just a toy. Tabi looked through everyone and just as I felt he was about to see me. "Haeri, come introduce yourself." She turned back to look at me, I saw Jiyong and Tabi looking around, before letting them see me I walked away. "Haeri?!" I heard her saying. I ran through the crowd and went to the only place I could think of.

I walked in and there was no one around. "Sorry we're...Haeri?" Yanggaeng said. "Oppa." I found myself going over to hug him. "What's this? What's wrong?" He asked. I didn't know what to say. "Come on back." He locked up and then met me in the back. "What are you doing back?" Yanggaeng asked. "Just came back for a visit with my friends." I told him. "...Where did you go?" He asked. "Back home." I said. "I thought you were born in Seoul?" He said. "Oh. I was but I don't consider Seoul my home." I said. "I see. Well what are you doing here? In YG?" He asked. "I don't know. I just found myself walking here." I said. "Have anything you want to talk about?" He asked. ".....Everything's just a little, hard." I said. "I see..." He said. "My heart's not doing very well right now." I told him. "Haeri, matters that concern the heart are never easy things. The only way to heal a heart is to let time cover it up or if you get the truth." He said. ".....do you mind if I stay here for a while longer?" I asked not wanting to go home. "Sure. I have a long night tonight anyways, I have to rearrange the store a bit. I have to go grab a few things but i'll be back." He said getting up and leaving. I walked over to the phone and called Kai. "Kai, it's Haeri, I'm stayin at a friend's for a while so you guys do whatever and feel free to go home without me. I'll be there later." After I called Kai I called my parents and told them that I might not come back with Jieun and them.

I was walking around YG and fixing a few things here and there when Yanggaeng came back with a guy I had never seen before. "Haeri, this is Teddy. He's helping me out tonight with a few things." Yanggaeng said. "Haeri eh? Well nice to meet you." He smiled. That was a little strange but whatever. "I'm gonna put on some music first." He said putting on some music. "We also got some food." Yanggaeng said setting them down. I ate behind the register while Yanggaeng and Teddy were taking apart some things and setting up other stuff. I was sitting there watching them when Teddy walked over to me. "So Haeri, what are you doing here so late?" He asked. "...Just needed to be somewhere familiar." I said. "I can see why he's the way he is now. Like I say, the best songs are the ones that come from real experiences." Teddy smiled. Who? Who is... What is he talking about? "Yanggaeng?" I asked. "...Yeah sure. Yanggaeng." He smiled and then walked away. What a strange guy. An hour passed when someone walked through the door. My heart skipped a beat and I stopped breathing hoping it wasn't him.

"Yanggaeng, Teddy!" Dong Wook said coming in. Oh thank god it was him but still Dong Wook was his best friend. I wanted to hide but. "Oh? Haeri? What are you doing here?" He said walking over to me. "So, this is the right Haeri." Teddy said walking away. What is this strange air around me? "Hello Dong Wook." I said. "What are you doing here? Does Se..." He began. "I came back for a visit." I said. "Oh. Where have you been then? It's been what? A month?" He said. "Yeah, about a month. I just moved." I said hoping that was the end of the conversation. "I see. Hmmm...does anyone know you're back?" He asked. Is he asking if Seunghyun knows I'm back? "Other than my parents, no." I told him. "Oh. Well are you staying long?" He asked. "No. I'm leaving tomorrow morning." I told him. "Where did you say you moved to?" He asked. I didn't want to tell him because he was Seunghyun's best friend and would most likely tell him. Thankfully, "Se7en hurry and come help us!" Yanggaeng shouted.

It was around 1:30am when I decided to go home. I walked over to Yanggaeng. "Oppa, I'm going to go now." "Okay. Come back any time. Take care." He said hugging me. I walk over to Teddy and Dong Wook. "It was nice meeting you Teddy and it was nice seeing you again Dong Wook." I said. "Back at you Haeri." Teddy said. "Why don't you stay a little bit longer?" Dong Wook asked looking around. "No I should get back before I worry my parents." I said. "Haeri, you should know that Seu..." He said nothing. "Bye bye." I smiled and then walked out the door. I felt the strangest feeling behind me when I walked out the door. A feeling that made me want to turn back and look but at the same time it felt like I shouldn't. I felt a burning sensation and the urge to look was growing. "Haeri..." ...that's the voice...his voice. My heart beat so fast you don't even know. 

I turn my head back to see him standing there, looking at me with those eyes of his. I look away and I hear him walking closer. "Don't you dare! Don't come any closer to me." I shouted. There was a moment of silent. Sigh. I don't know what to do. My heart is hurting right now. I don't know why...I do know why....I still love that stupid guy. I was fighting the urge to go over to him, hug him, breathe in his scent, kiss him but no...I shouldn't. He has Bom and I need to remember that. I am not the girl for him, the girl he wants. Plus why do I keep feeling this way when he obviously did me so wrong? I start walking away and I hear him running behind me. I turn around and yell, "Stop it! Are you planning to play me again? Are you planning to break my heart again? Wait! You can't break it, it's already broken and it's already in your hands! You're a jerk! Why don't you go be with Bom!" He looked at me, I at him...he turned his head away from me.

"Haeri?!" I heard someone say. I turn to see Eli in his car on the street. I looked at him and then at Seunghyun. Goodbye Seunghyun. "You have Bom, don't you? Just go be with her and let a girl, me, your toy walk away. I don't want to play with you anymore." I felt my eyes tearing up. "Haeri..." I heard him saying as I got into Eli's car and we drove off. Stupid you, stupid Seunghyun, stupid love but especially stupid me....I had fallen hard for him.  My heart is still with him even though it shouldn't be...the heart does things you can't explain and my heart couldn't explain Tabi to me.

"Who was that?" Eli asked. "...Seunghyun." I said. "As in...Top?" Eli asked. "Yes." I said. "You know him? Where did you go when we were talking to them earlier?" Eli asked. "Yes, I know him." "You've been acting a little strange ever since we got here, to Seoul. Is something wrong?" He asked. "...It's all something that concerns my heart." I told him. "...I see." He said. We sat in silence the rest of the way home. Eli and I went inside quietly. Everyone was sleeping so I laid on my bed. I miss him, his scent, his eyes, his lips, his hands, his warmth, his voice...he had a one of a kind voice, I never noticed that before but I really love his voice. I just miss him and for that reason I am stupid. Snapout of it Haeri, just forget him...

We woke up and went to go grab some lunch before heading back home. "Haeri, why did you leave last night! You should have met them! They were so cool!" Lizzy said. "Yeah! We met Gd, Top, Bom and then there was CL, Minzy and Dara! There was also Taeyang and Daesung." Jieun said. So they were all there. "Yeah, where did you go?" Kai asked. "Ahh, I went to the shop I worked at. I went there and an oppa was there so I just ended up staying there for a while." I said. "Boyfriend?" Seungho asked. "Ahh no. He's just the owner of the shop and I loved that place so I just found myself going there." "Well anyways, they were sooo cool!" Lizzy said again. I saw Eli looking at me and I just smiled at him. We drove back the 2 hours and then we all went home. "That was a fun weekend! Seoul was great!" Jieun said as we were unpacking. I said nothing.

 

 

Just like that a month had passed and we were all hanging out at Lizzy's place. "Can you all believe we only have one more month left of school?! We'll be seniors next year!!" Eli said. "Seniors? That doesn't even matter when we're going to be seniors together, here in this town. Not like we're going to be doing half the things seniors from like cities get to do." Kai said. "As long as we're together." Jieun said. "I just had an idea!!!!" Lizzy shouted. We all looked at her. "Let's transfer!" "What?!" We all said. "Let's transfer to Seoul!!!! We can be seniors in Seoul!!" Lizzy said. We all looked at her then at each other. "And how are we going to do that?" Seungho asked. "Well, I know that if I ask my parents, they'll let me...if I say I'll be staying with Haeri. I mean we could all get a place together too." Lizzy said. "...Seoul life. I like it." Kai said. Of course those two would like it. I looked at Jieun, Seungho and Eli. "Well...it sounds fun...I'm sure I could get a job for a place too, that is if we all get one together." Eli said. "I don't know." Jieun said. "Yeah, I don't know either guys." Seungho said. Seoul, they all want to go to school in Seoul, be seniors and graduate in Seoul. I rather not go back but I don't want to stay of they're not here. "Ohhh! Come on you two! Don't you want to experience the city life?! I mean after we graduate we can come back here. But think about it, we'll be seniors and there will be more options in Seoul. Seungho you would have a better chance of finding an agency. Jieun you're great with your guitar too! Maybe someone will sweep you up and take you in! We have to think about our futures, I'm sure we all don't want to spend our entire life here." Lizzy said. Everyone looked at one another. I was missing Seoul...I was ready.

We finished our second year of high school in this town and then the plan started moving forward. They had all convinced their parents and Mom and Dad said they would of course take everyone in until they could get a place. The plan was for us to go as soon as we could, everyone would try to find a job during summer and then as soon as they all have money they would get a place together. They wanted me to move in with them but there was no point since I could just stay home and plus it would give them more room. This time I wanted to go to Seoul, everyone had made it seem like it was going to be fun and I believed it. I was excited to go to Seoul with my 5 best friends. Things were going to be different. Everything that happened before didn't worry me anymore. I'd given it all up, I pushed and forced it all away. I no longer think about it, I no longer cared, I no longer wanted him, my feelings were buried deep down inside me, locked away and there was no way they were ever going to come out. A part of my heart had returned.